|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who works as cultivators at Bacteria, Inc.?
(a) Prisoners from the Outer Planets.
(b) Tax evaders.
(c) People incapable of jaunting.
(d) Former intelligence employees.
2. Who is Lindsey Joyce?
(a) Owner of the Vorga.
(b) Boatswain on the Vorga.
(c) Steermans' mate on the Vorga.
(d) Captain of the Vorga.
3. What location is considered the center of corruption in Rome?
(a) The Coliseum.
(b) The Parthenon.
(c) The Spanish Stairs.
(d) The Arch of Triumph.
4. What does Jiz tell Foyle that Dagenham is really after on board the Vorga?
(c) Hallucinogenic drugs.
5. Why does Fourmyle send small slugs of PyrE around the world?
(a) To use PyrE in the same fashion as an IED.
(b) To plan for future destruction.
(c) So others could determine what PyrE was and what it could do.
(d) To hide as much PyrE from Presteign as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of vehicle does Fourmyle arrive at Presteign's New Year's party in?
2. Who does Foyle meet at Presteign's home that he had left for dead?
3. Who are the Jack-jaunters?
4. What kind of costume does Foyle wear after he leaves the Borghese Palace in Rome?
5. Where does the costume ball at the opening of Chapter 10 take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Geoffrey Fourmyle.
2. What truth does Sheffield reveal to Foyle at the Four Mile Circus?
3. What is Y'ang-Yeovil's role on the Spanish Steps?
4. What is the nature of the small slugs Foyle sent around the world as revealed in Chapter 15?
5. Describe members of the Skoptsy Colony.
6. What does Olivia Presteign tell her father about Foyle that stuns him?
7. What is Olivia's response to the bombardment that takes place during the New Year's Eve party?
8. What does Robin do regarding Foyle at the opening of Chapter 12, and what secret of hers is made known?
9. Describe Olivia Presteign.
10. What proposition does Foyle make Robin after her suicide attempt, and what is her response?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)