|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of vehicle does Fourmyle arrive at Presteign's New Year's party in?
(a) An Edison electric runabout.
(b) A steam locomotive pulling a single observation car.
(c) A band wagon.
(d) A glass-topped Greyhound bus.
2. Who is Geoffrey Fourmyle?
(c) Gully Folye.
(d) Gerald Fletcher.
3. Who is Lindsey Joyce?
(a) Steermans' mate on the Vorga.
(b) Owner of the Vorga.
(c) Captain of the Vorga.
(d) Boatswain on the Vorga.
4. Where is the Central Intelligence headquarters from which Y'ang-Yeovil handles reports in Chapter 12?
5. Who is the first person Foyle sees on board the Vorga at the opening of Chapter 14?
(b) The Burning Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Government House ball at the opening of Chapter 9 take place?
2. Where do the atomic bombs which strike in the proximity of the Presteign mansion come from?
3. What game is to be played at the legal party given by Regis Sheffield?
4. Who does Foyle meet at Presteign's home that he had left for dead?
5. What is the Four Mile Circus?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Olivia's response to the bombardment that takes place during the New Year's Eve party?
2. What is Foyle's relationship with Steve Forrest, and where does Foyle find Forrest?
3. Describe the Cellar Christians and why they feel the need to conduct themselves in the fashion they do.
4. What does Robin offer Foyle after the New Year's Eve bombardment, and what is his response?
5. Who does Foyle kidnap on Mars? Describe Foyle's victim.
6. How does Foyle find out about Lindsey Joyce, and what does he learn about Joyce at the end of Chapter 12?
7. Who does Fourmyle see from the Gouffre Martel at Presteign's New Year's Eve party, and what is his response upon seeing this individual?
8. How does Robin assist Foyle in his role as Geoffrey Fourmyle?
9. What is the nature of the discussion in the Star Chamber in Chapter 14?
10. What does Foyle do after he finds Rodg Kempsey on the moon?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)