|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the burning man Foyle and Robin see?
(a) A man caught in an oil fire.
(b) Foyle burning in hell.
(c) A man being tortured.
(d) A man attempting suicide.
2. Who does Robin betray to Y'ang-Yeovil?
3. How is Olivia Presteign described in Chapter 11?
(a) An Iron Maiden.
(b) A Snow Maiden.
(c) A Star Maiden.
(d) A Fair Maiden.
4. How does Foyle bypass Kempsey's sympathetic block?
(a) He removes his heart.
(b) He removes his frontal lobe.
(c) He drugs him with Analogue.
(d) He hypnotizes him.
5. What is the Secret Speech of the Intelligence Tong of the Inner Planets Armed Forces?
(a) An ancient Chinese sign language.
(b) A Japanese sign language.
(c) An American Indian sign language.
(d) A Roman sign language.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Presteign's New York mansion located?
2. What is the Four Mile Circus?
3. What kind of costume does Foyle wear after he leaves the Borghese Palace in Rome?
4. What does Robin tell Foyle at the end of Chapter 15?
5. What interrupts the assault by the Tong on Foyle on the Spanish Stairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the discussion in the Star Chamber in Chapter 14?
2. Describe, in a couple of sentences, the nature of the first Solar War as explained in Chapter 8.
3. What does Robin do regarding Foyle at the opening of Chapter 12, and what secret of hers is made known?
4. Describe a sympathetic block.
5. What is the nature of the small slugs Foyle sent around the world as revealed in Chapter 15?
6. What is Foyle's goal in going to the Spanish Steps?
7. What does Olivia Presteign tell her father about Foyle that stuns him?
8. How does Foyle find out about Lindsey Joyce, and what does he learn about Joyce at the end of Chapter 12?
9. What is Olivia's response to the bombardment that takes place during the New Year's Eve party?
10. What truth does Sheffield reveal to Foyle at the Four Mile Circus?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)