|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Gully's cell located in Gouffre Martel?
2. What is Foyle's nickname on the cerebral ward?
3. What kind of spacesuit does Joseph appear in when Foyle and Jiz return to the Nomad?
(a) One fashioned of glass cloth.
(b) One fashioned of titanium.
(c) One fashioned of chain mail.
(d) One fashioned of Tyvek.
4. What is the Nightmare Theater supposed to do?
(a) Shock schizophrenics back into the objective world.
(b) Entertain the patients at the Combined Terran University hospital.
(c) Provide midnight horror movies.
(d) Present absurdist plays.
5. What is the first step Foyle takes in escaping from the Gouffre Martel?
(a) He jaunts to an adjacent room while being questioned by Dagenham.
(b) Jiz slips into the room where Dagenham is questioning Foyle and strangles Dagenham.
(c) He beats Dagenham into unconsciousness.
(d) He poisons Dagenham.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Jaunte make his discovery?
2. Who is Geoffrey Fourmyle?
3. How many days does Jiz wait before removing Foyle's bandages?
4. How much air can Foyle's spacesuit hold while trapped on the Nomad?
5. Who is the man with the rebuilt platinum skull in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Foyle when he gets emotional or angry, and what does Jiz tell him to do about it?
2. What is the relationship between Jiz and Sam Quatt?
3. Describe Robin Wednesbury and her job, as introduced in Chapter 3.
4. What relationship does Robin have with Foyle early on?
5. Why does Foyle go to the Vancouver Presteign shipyards?
6. Why does Y'ang-Yeovil want custody of Foyle after Foyle's attempt to destroy the Vorga?
7. What does Foyle learn about blue jauntes?
8. What does Jiz ask of Harley Baker, and why is he qualified to do what she asks?
9. What are some of the negative aspects and results of jaunting?
10. What ultimately happens to Sam in Chapter 6, and how does it happen?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)