|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Foyle use to fire the combustion chamber of the jet?
(a) A piece of flint.
(b) A piece of pure sodium metal.
(d) A red-hot filament.
2. What sort of craft does Foyle use to leave the Sargasso Asteroid?
(a) A private yatch.
(b) A battle cruiser.
(c) A research vessel.
(d) A garbage scow.
3. How do Jiz and Foyle discover they have left the caverns and the Gouffre Martel?
(a) They feel and smell grass.
(b) They see stars.
(c) They speak to a guard outside the caverns.
(d) They see sunlight.
4. What old organization took over the job of testing and classifying jaunte applicants?
(a) The Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
(b) The American Automobile Association.
(c) The Bureau of Motor Skills.
(d) The Federal Aviation Administrtion.
5. What is the Whisper Line?
(a) A conveyer belt in the Gouffre Martel.
(b) An acoustical freak in the Gouffre Martel.
(c) An antique steam train.
(d) A secret telegraph line connecting parts of the Gouffre Martel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does Jiz wait before removing Foyle's bandages?
2. What is the address of the Presteign clan headquarters?
3. Where is the Saturn Weekender stored?
4. What does Presteign rename the Presteign Princess upon christening?
5. What is the name of the head of psychiatry at the Combined Terran University hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Foyle go to the Vancouver Presteign shipyards?
2. What relationship does Robin have with Foyle early on?
3. How does Dagenham attempt to persuade Foyle to give up information about the Nomad, instead of torture?
4. What is so significant about Jaunte's first jaunte?
5. How did the Scientific People come to be?
6. What motivates Foyle to save himself at the close of Chapter 1?
7. Describe Robin Wednesbury and her job, as introduced in Chapter 3.
8. What is the relationship between Jiz and Sam Quatt?
9. Describe the steps Foyle takes in activating the Nomad's engines.
10. What is significant about Moira in Foyle's early days among the Scientific People, and what does she tell him are his responsibilities?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)