|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Robin Wednesbury?
(a) An artist.
(b) A pilot.
(c) A musician.
(d) The teacher of the re-education class on jaunting.
2. What is the address of the Presteign clan headquarters?
(a) 99 Broadway.
(b) 99 Columbus Circle.
(c) 99 Wall Street.
(d) 99 High Street.
3. According to Dagenham, what is the salvage on board the Nomad that is so valuable?
(a) Gold bullion.
(b) Silver bullion.
(c) Platinum bullion.
(d) Titanium bullion.
4. How many observers watched Jaunte's experiment in a crystal tank?
5. Who is Geoffrey Fourmyle?
(a) Another name for Gully Foyle.
(b) A doctor at the Combined Terran University Hospital.
(c) The assistant to Presteign.
(d) Head of the Inner Planet consortium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who provided the report to the Royal Society on jaunting?
2. What are the names of the three girls who appear before Foyle in Chapter 2?
3. How long did Foyle live on board the wrecked Nomad?
4. What does Foyle look like when he looks at himself in the mirror in Chapter 2?
5. Where is Baker's zoo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Foyle and Jiz's escape from the prison.
2. What does Foyle discover on board the Nomad when he returns to the Sargasso Asteroid?
3. Why is Gully Foyle considered the stereotypical common man?
4. Describe Robin Wednesbury and her job, as introduced in Chapter 3.
5. What does Jiz ask of Harley Baker, and why is he qualified to do what she asks?
6. What is the relationship between Presteign and Dagenham?
7. How does Dagenham attempt to persuade Foyle to give up information about the Nomad, instead of torture?
8. Describe the Gouffre Martel prison.
9. What relationship does Robin have with Foyle early on?
10. What is the truth about Foyle and Jiz's escape from the Gouffre Martel?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)