|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Gully Foyle?
(a) Foyle's age is not revealed.
(b) About 30 years old.
(c) About 25 years old.
(d) About 35 years old.
2. In Chapter 2, what is attributed to the doctrine of Holy Darwin?
(a) Procreation of the fittest.
(b) Discovery of the fittest.
(c) Arrival of the fittest.
(d) Survival of the fittest.
3. What is the phrase repeated many times by the woman's chorus of the Sargasso Asteroid?
(a) Quant suff!
(b) Smart suff!
(c) Rare suff!
(d) Quaint suff!
4. What is PyrE, according to Chapter 4?
(a) A precious metal, a pyromaniac.
(b) A liquid metal, a paraclete.
(c) A heavy metal, a prototype.
(d) A Misch Metal, a pyrophore.
5. What offer does Dagenham make Foyle in return for information on the Nomad?
(a) Fifty percent of the Nomad's bullion.
(b) Reinstatement to his old job.
(c) Ten percent of the Nomad's bullion.
(d) Personal land and property on Mars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language does Foyle speak?
2. When does Jaunte make his discovery?
3. How does Foyle contact the spaceship that approaches the Nomad in Chapter 1?
4. What is the name of the medieval ruin to which Foyle and Jiz jaunt?
5. How do Jiz and Foyle discover they have left the caverns and the Gouffre Martel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ultimately happens to Sam in Chapter 6, and how does it happen?
2. Describe Foyle and Jiz's escape from the prison.
3. What is so significant about Jaunte's first jaunte?
4. What seems to be the initial impetus for someone to jaunte, but is later found to be unnecessary?
5. What happens as Foyle attempts to leave the asteroid with the safe from the Nomad?
6. What happens to Foyle when he gets emotional or angry, and what does Jiz tell him to do about it?
7. What is significant about Moira in Foyle's early days among the Scientific People, and what does she tell him are his responsibilities?
8. How does Dagenham attempt to persuade Foyle to give up information about the Nomad, instead of torture?
9. How did the Scientific People come to be?
10. Why does Foyle go to the Vancouver Presteign shipyards?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)