|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the costume ball at the opening of Chapter 10 take place?
(b) Hong Kong.
2. What does Presteign explain that PyrE is?
(a) A nuclear alloy.
(b) A pyrophoric alloy.
(c) A Phoenix alloy.
(d) A pyrotechnic alloy.
3. What kind of relationship do Dagenham and Jisbella have?
(a) They are lovers.
(b) They are brother and sister.
(c) They are enemies.
(d) They are conspirators.
4. Who does Foyle meet at Presteign's home that he had left for dead?
(a) Jean Webster.
(b) Jisbella McQueen.
(c) Dolly Quaker.
(d) Saul Dagenham.
5. Where is the Central Intelligence headquarters from which Y'ang-Yeovil handles reports in Chapter 12?
6. Who appears and speaks to Foyle in the Mars St. Michele catacombs?
(d) The Burning Man.
7. Where does Fourmyle come from?
8. How long does Robin anticipate working for Fourmyle?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three years.
9. What does Y'ang-Yeovil identify Robin as when she visits him in Central Intelligence headquarters?
(a) An Alien Informer.
(b) An Alien Belligerent.
(c) An Alien Spy.
(d) An Alien Conspirator.
10. What is the V-L Law?
(a) The Venus-Labor Law.
(b) The Variable-Latitude Law.
(c) The Vegetative-Lynch Law.
(d) The Velocity-Linear Law.
11. Where do the atomic bombs which strike in the proximity of the Presteign mansion come from?
(a) The moon.
(b) The Outer Satellites.
12. Who are the Jack-jaunters?
(a) Volunteers who teach jaunting to people who can't afford lessons.
(b) The most skilled of all jaunters.
(c) Those who, even after training, are unable to jaunte.
(d) Hobos, tramps, and vagabonds who are looters.
13. What is the Secret Speech of the Intelligence Tong of the Inner Planets Armed Forces?
(a) A Japanese sign language.
(b) A Roman sign language.
(c) An ancient Chinese sign language.
(d) An American Indian sign language.
14. What is the OP-I maneuver?
(a) A technique used by the Intelligence Tong to outwit jaunters.
(b) A technique designed to make jaunting more efficient.
(c) A technique used to escape detection by motion sensitive cameras.
(d) A technique to discern someone else's thoughts.
15. Why does Olivia want to "pay back" other humans?
(a) Because of her inability to jaunt.
(b) Because she's an albino.
(c) Because of her father.
(d) Because she's blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Four Mile Circus?
2. After her apartment explodes, where does Robin Wednesbury end up?
3. What interrupts the assault by the Tong on Foyle on the Spanish Stairs?
4. Who is Sigurd Magsman?
5. What does Fourmyle auction away at the costume ball?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)