|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is meeting in the Swiss chalet at the Aussie Cannery on New Year's?
(a) Closet Christians.
(b) Clandestine Christians
(c) Underground Christians.
(d) Cellar Christians.
2. How does Robin discover who Y'ang-Yoevil really is?
(a) His speech pattern is wrong.
(b) His Italian accent is wrong.
(c) She recognizes him through his makeup.
(d) His clothing is wrong.
3. How much does the Four Mile Circus cost?
(a) Forty thousand a week.
(b) Four thousand a day.
(c) Forty thousand a day.
(d) Forty thousand a year.
4. Who are the white-armored people who fill the streets in New York after the bombing?
(a) The Disaster Crew.
(b) The Sanitation Crew.
(c) The Wrecking Crew.
(d) The Reordering Crew.
5. What does Y'ang-Yeovil identify Robin as when she visits him in Central Intelligence headquarters?
(a) An Alien Conspirator.
(b) An Alien Spy.
(c) An Alien Informer.
(d) An Alien Belligerent.
6. What is Mars St. Michele?
(a) A nuclear weapon depository.
(b) The seat of Martian government.
(c) A fortress of telepathy.
(d) A hospital.
7. Why does Fourmyle send small slugs of PyrE around the world?
(a) To plan for future destruction.
(b) To use PyrE in the same fashion as an IED.
(c) To hide as much PyrE from Presteign as possible.
(d) So others could determine what PyrE was and what it could do.
8. Who is Geoffrey Fourmyle?
(b) Gerald Fletcher.
(c) Gully Folye.
9. What is the OP-I maneuver?
(a) A technique to discern someone else's thoughts.
(b) A technique used by the Intelligence Tong to outwit jaunters.
(c) A technique designed to make jaunting more efficient.
(d) A technique used to escape detection by motion sensitive cameras.
10. What does Foyle use to control the reappearance of his tattoos?
(b) Cold baths.
11. How is Olivia Presteign described in Chapter 11?
(a) An Iron Maiden.
(b) A Snow Maiden.
(c) A Star Maiden.
(d) A Fair Maiden.
12. What is the name of the condition in which perception receives messages from the world, but sensory perceptions are confused with each other?
13. Who, according to his title, is Dr. Sergei Orel?
(a) Showman and Huckster.
(b) Professor of Nephrology.
(c) Manager of the Jaunting Emporium.
(d) Celestial Enlarger of Cranial Capabilities.
14. What type of vehicle does Fourmyle arrive at Presteign's New Year's party in?
(a) A glass-topped Greyhound bus.
(b) A steam locomotive pulling a single observation car.
(c) An Edison electric runabout.
(d) A band wagon.
15. What does Presteign explain that PyrE is?
(a) A pyrophoric alloy.
(b) A nuclear alloy.
(c) A pyrotechnic alloy.
(d) A Phoenix alloy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Central Intelligence headquarters from which Y'ang-Yeovil handles reports in Chapter 12?
2. What location is considered the center of corruption in Rome?
3. Where do the atomic bombs which strike in the proximity of the Presteign mansion come from?
4. Who does Foyle become in order to protect himself from the Jack-jaunters attacking him on Fifth Avenue?
5. Who are the Jack-jaunters?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)