|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dagenham, what is the salvage on board the Nomad that is so valuable?
(a) Platinum bullion.
(b) Titanium bullion.
(c) Silver bullion.
(d) Gold bullion.
2. What trade does Y'ang-Yeovil offer to Presteign?
(a) The inventor of PyrE for Gully Foyle.
(b) The inventor of jaunte for Gully Foyle.
(c) The Nomad for Gully Foyle.
(d) 100 thousand galactic credits for Gully Foyle.
3. What is Foyle's nickname on the cerebral ward?
4. How much air can Foyle's spacesuit hold while trapped on the Nomad?
(a) About five minutes worth.
(b) About ten minutes worth.
(c) About an hour's worth.
(d) About thirty minutes worth.
5. What animal does Jiz (and other characters) continually refer to Foyle as?
6. What is Dagenham Couriers, Inc.?
(a) A government distribution company
(b) A terran trucking company.
(c) An interplanetary shipping company.
(d) A hundred-million credit organization of bonded jaunters.
7. Who attempts to capture Jiz at the end of Chapter Seven?
(a) Dagenham's crew.
(c) The Scientific People.
(d) Harley Baker.
8. What word is tattooed on Foyle's face?
9. What is a memo-bead?
(a) A necklace made from synthetic pearls.
(b) A memory-jogging device swallowed by the user.
(c) A device worn around the neck for dictation.
(d) A device which records memos and is inserted in the user's ear.
10. What is the name of the sister ship to the Nomad?
(a) The Nile.
(b) The Danube.
(c) The Rhine.
(d) The Vorga.
11. Where does Foyle take his "borrowed" spaceship in Chapter 7?
(a) The Sargasso Asteroid.
12. What causes Foyle's regular blackouts?
(b) Oxygen deprivation.
(c) Lack of sleep.
13. What is PyrE, according to Chapter 4?
(a) A liquid metal, a paraclete.
(b) A heavy metal, a prototype.
(c) A Misch Metal, a pyrophore.
(d) A precious metal, a pyromaniac.
14. What does Gully do to Jiz at the end of Chapter Seven?
(a) He abandons her.
(b) He proposes to her.
(c) He knocks her unconscious.
(d) He murders her.
15. What does Baker use on Foyle to remove his tattoos?
(a) A laser.
(b) A small steel hammer and a platinum needle.
(c) A steel scalpel and a platinum needle.
(d) Hydrochloric acid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the head of psychiatry at the Combined Terran University hospital?
2. What are the colors of the ship Dagenham brings to the site of the Nomad in Chapter 7?
3. What does Foyle use to fire the combustion chamber of the jet?
4. How long did Foyle live on board the wrecked Nomad?
5. What reward does Dagenham offer Foyle for information about the Nomad?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)