|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who provided the report to the Royal Society on jaunting?
(a) Sir Issac Newton.
(b) Sir Arthur Kelvin.
(c) Sir John Kelvin.
(d) Sir Walter Raleigh.
2. What does L.E.S. mean?
(a) Location, Elevation, Simulation.
(b) Lesson, Elevation, Situation.
(c) Location, Elevation, Situation.
(d) Leverage, Elevation, Situation.
3. What is a Blue Jaunte?
(a) A person with extraordinary jaunting ability.
(b) A nickname for the first jaunte a person attempts.
(c) A jaunte into the dark which kills the jaunter.
(d) A measurement which identifies the distance a person jaunts.
4. Who is Robin Wednesbury?
(a) An artist.
(b) The teacher of the re-education class on jaunting.
(c) A musician.
(d) A pilot.
5. What does Gully do to Jiz at the end of Chapter Seven?
(a) He knocks her unconscious.
(b) He murders her.
(c) He abandons her.
(d) He proposes to her.
6. What does Presteign wish to be called by others?
(a) Honorable Presteign.
(b) Mr. Presteign.
(c) Sir Presteign.
7. In Chapter 2, what is attributed to the doctrine of Holy Darwin?
(a) Discovery of the fittest.
(b) Survival of the fittest.
(c) Procreation of the fittest.
(d) Arrival of the fittest.
8. What word is tattooed on Foyle's face?
9. What kind of spacesuit does Joseph appear in when Foyle and Jiz return to the Nomad?
(a) One fashioned of chain mail.
(b) One fashioned of titanium.
(c) One fashioned of glass cloth.
(d) One fashioned of Tyvek.
10. What language does Foyle speak?
(a) The forked tongue.
(b) The mother tongue.
(c) The gutter tongue.
(d) The unknown tongue.
11. Where does Foyle take his "borrowed" spaceship in Chapter 7?
(d) The Sargasso Asteroid.
12. What is the distance limit of a jaunte jump?
(a) Five hundred miles.
(b) Five thousand miles.
(c) One hundred miles.
(d) One thousand miles.
13. What device does Jiz tell Foyle is being used to track them as they attempt to escape the Gouffre Martel?
(a) A GPS phone.
(b) A geiger counter.
(c) A G-Phone.
(d) A robot equipped with infrared sensors.
14. Why isn't Jiz initially able to get on board the Nomad after it blasts off?
(a) The safe blocks the hatch.
(b) Her jet pack fails.
(c) She is being held by the authorities.
(d) The hatch is frozen shut.
15. Where is Foyle taken after he tries to get away from the Sargasso Asteroid?
(a) To Venus.
(b) Back to Terra.
(c) To Mars.
(d) To the moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much air can Foyle's spacesuit hold while trapped on the Nomad?
2. Who picks up Foyle ninety thousand miles outside of Mars's orbit?
3. What is found atop the Therapy Building in Chapter 4?
4. How many people live on the habitable worlds of the solar system?
5. How do Jiz and Foyle discover they have left the caverns and the Gouffre Martel?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)