|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is tattooed on Foyle's face?
2. What is a Blue Jaunte?
(a) A person with extraordinary jaunting ability.
(b) A jaunte into the dark which kills the jaunter.
(c) A measurement which identifies the distance a person jaunts.
(d) A nickname for the first jaunte a person attempts.
3. What does Foyle survive on while on board the Nomad?
(a) Canned food and a little water.
(c) Frozen entrees.
(d) Dried food and a little water.
4. Who is Geoffrey Fourmyle?
(a) A doctor at the Combined Terran University Hospital.
(b) Head of the Inner Planet consortium.
(c) The assistant to Presteign.
(d) Another name for Gully Foyle.
5. In Chapter 2, what is attributed to the doctrine of Holy Darwin?
(a) Arrival of the fittest.
(b) Procreation of the fittest.
(c) Survival of the fittest.
(d) Discovery of the fittest.
6. Who attempts to capture Jiz at the end of Chapter Seven?
(a) Harley Baker.
(c) The Scientific People.
(d) Dagenham's crew.
7. What is the Gouffre Martel?
(a) The ancestral home of Foyle.
(b) The most formidable cavern hospital on Terra.
(c) An asylum for the criminally insane.
(d) The desert home of the Presteign.
8. What does Presteign wish to be called by others?
(b) Mr. Presteign.
(c) Honorable Presteign.
(d) Sir Presteign.
9. What is the current function of the abandoned railway roundhouse in Chapter 6?
(a) Baker's Organic Greenhouse.
(b) Baker's Psychiatric Clinic.
(c) Baker's Freak Factory.
(d) Baker's Hospital.
10. How many observers watched Jaunte's experiment in a crystal tank?
11. What trade does Y'ang-Yeovil offer to Presteign?
(a) The inventor of jaunte for Gully Foyle.
(b) The Nomad for Gully Foyle.
(c) 100 thousand galactic credits for Gully Foyle.
(d) The inventor of PyrE for Gully Foyle.
12. What are the colors of the ship Dagenham brings to the site of the Nomad in Chapter 7?
(a) Yellow and black.
(b) Red and black.
(c) Black and gold.
(d) Red and gold.
13. What is PyrE, according to Chapter 4?
(a) A Misch Metal, a pyrophore.
(b) A heavy metal, a prototype.
(c) A precious metal, a pyromaniac.
(d) A liquid metal, a paraclete.
14. How much does Jiz pay Baker for Gully's tattoo removal?
(a) Five thousand credits.
(b) One thousand credits.
(c) Ten thousand credits.
(d) Four thousand credits.
15. What offer does Dagenham make Foyle in return for information on the Nomad?
(a) Personal land and property on Mars.
(b) Fifty percent of the Nomad's bullion.
(c) Reinstatement to his old job.
(d) Ten percent of the Nomad's bullion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people live on the habitable worlds of the solar system?
2. Where does Harley Baker, M.D. make his real income?
3. What is Gully Foyle's occupation?
4. What animal does Jiz (and other characters) continually refer to Foyle as?
5. Who is the spokesperson to Foyle for the inhabitants of the Sargasso Asteroid?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)