|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a memo-bead?
(a) A memory-jogging device swallowed by the user.
(b) A necklace made from synthetic pearls.
(c) A device worn around the neck for dictation.
(d) A device which records memos and is inserted in the user's ear.
2. What is the phrase repeated many times by the woman's chorus of the Sargasso Asteroid?
(a) Quaint suff!
(b) Smart suff!
(c) Rare suff!
(d) Quant suff!
3. What does Foyle survive on while on board the Nomad?
(b) Dried food and a little water.
(c) Canned food and a little water.
(d) Frozen entrees.
4. Who is Robin Wednesbury?
(a) The teacher of the re-education class on jaunting.
(b) A pilot.
(c) An artist.
(d) A musician.
5. What is the Gouffre Martel?
(a) The most formidable cavern hospital on Terra.
(b) The desert home of the Presteign.
(c) The ancestral home of Foyle.
(d) An asylum for the criminally insane.
6. How do Jiz and Foyle escape the ice cavern in the Gouffre Martel?
(a) By using a sledge hammer to chip through ice.
(b) By using plastic explosives.
(c) By jumping into an underground river.
(d) By jaunting outside the caverns.
7. What is the name of the fuel which powers the Nomad?
8. Where do Foyle and Jiz jaunte to after escaping Baker's Zoo?
(a) Red Square.
(b) Times Square.
(c) Pershing Square.
(d) Central Park.
9. What is a Saturn Weekender?
(a) Another name for a hangover.
(b) An antique automobile.
(c) A spaceship that can carry fuel and food for three months.
(d) A holiday vacation package on Saturn.
10. What does Baker use on Foyle to remove his tattoos?
(a) A laser.
(b) A small steel hammer and a platinum needle.
(c) A steel scalpel and a platinum needle.
(d) Hydrochloric acid.
11. How does Foyle contact the spaceship that approaches the Nomad in Chapter 1?
(a) He flashes the running lights on the Nomad.
(b) He broadcasts a distress signal on all radio frequencies.
(c) He fires signal flares.
(d) He sends out a homing beacon.
12. What word is tattooed on Foyle's face?
13. What language does Foyle speak?
(a) The unknown tongue.
(b) The gutter tongue.
(c) The mother tongue.
(d) The forked tongue.
14. Who is the spokesperson to Foyle for the inhabitants of the Sargasso Asteroid?
15. What are the names of the three girls who appear before Foyle in Chapter 2?
(a) Judy, Martha, and Penelope.
(b) Joan, Moria, and Polly.
(c) Jo, Madge, and Petunia.
(d) Janet, Mary, and Paula.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the sister ship to the Nomad?
2. According to Dagenham, what is the salvage on board the Nomad that is so valuable?
3. Why doesn't the craft Foyle use to leave the Sargasso Asteroid work at first?
4. Who provided the report to the Royal Society on jaunting?
5. What is the distance limit of a jaunte jump?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)