|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Foyle contact the spaceship that approaches the Nomad in Chapter 1?
(a) He sends out a homing beacon.
(b) He fires signal flares.
(c) He broadcasts a distress signal on all radio frequencies.
(d) He flashes the running lights on the Nomad.
2. Why doesn't the craft Foyle use to leave the Sargasso Asteroid work at first?
(a) The engines misfire.
(b) The controls are damaged.
(c) It is cemented into the asteroid.
(d) There isn't enough rocket fuel.
3. What is Dagenham Couriers, Inc.?
(a) A terran trucking company.
(b) A government distribution company
(c) A hundred-million credit organization of bonded jaunters.
(d) An interplanetary shipping company.
4. Where is the hospital of the Combined Terran Universities located?
(a) Mexico City.
(b) Quebec City.
(c) Atlantic City.
(d) New York City.
5. Why are Foyle and Jiz forced to escape Baker's Zoo?
(a) Because of a raid.
(b) Because of an uprising of Baker's post-operative patients.
(c) Because of a gas explosion.
(d) Because of a spaceship crash into the building.
6. What sort of craft does Foyle use to leave the Sargasso Asteroid?
(a) A research vessel.
(b) A battle cruiser.
(c) A private yatch.
(d) A garbage scow.
7. What is Foyle's nickname on the cerebral ward?
8. How many people live on the habitable worlds of the solar system?
(a) Twleve million million people.
(b) Ten million people.
(c) Eleven million million people.
(d) Fifty million people.
9. What does Foyle survive on while on board the Nomad?
(b) Canned food and a little water.
(c) Dried food and a little water.
(d) Frozen entrees.
10. What is the name of the head of psychiatry at the Combined Terran University hospital?
11. How many habitable worlds are cited in the Prologue?
(a) Eight planets, three satellites.
(b) Five planets, six satellites.
(c) Three planets, eight satellites.
(d) Six planets, five satellites.
12. How long did Foyle live on board the wrecked Nomad?
(a) 370 days.
(b) 170 days.
(c) 37 days.
(d) 100 days.
13. How many days does Jiz wait before removing Foyle's bandages?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Six days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Five days.
14. What is the first step Foyle takes in escaping from the Gouffre Martel?
(a) He jaunts to an adjacent room while being questioned by Dagenham.
(b) He poisons Dagenham.
(c) He beats Dagenham into unconsciousness.
(d) Jiz slips into the room where Dagenham is questioning Foyle and strangles Dagenham.
15. Where is the location of the Presteign shipyards?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Foyle take his "borrowed" spaceship in Chapter 7?
2. What does L.E.S. mean?
3. What is Gully Foyle's rank on board the Nomad?
4. How large is the Times Square jaunte stage?
5. What is the address of the Presteign clan headquarters?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)