|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of craft does Foyle use to leave the Sargasso Asteroid?
(a) A research vessel.
(b) A garbage scow.
(c) A battle cruiser.
(d) A private yatch.
2. How old does Jiz tell Gully she is?
(a) 20 years old.
(b) 40 years old.
(c) 105 years old.
(d) 55 years old.
3. According to Dagenham, what is the salvage on board the Nomad that is so valuable?
(a) Gold bullion.
(b) Titanium bullion.
(c) Platinum bullion.
(d) Silver bullion.
4. What is the name of the sister ship to the Nomad?
(a) The Vorga.
(b) The Danube.
(c) The Rhine.
(d) The Nile.
5. What is the first step Foyle takes in escaping from the Gouffre Martel?
(a) Jiz slips into the room where Dagenham is questioning Foyle and strangles Dagenham.
(b) He jaunts to an adjacent room while being questioned by Dagenham.
(c) He beats Dagenham into unconsciousness.
(d) He poisons Dagenham.
6. How does Foyle contact the spaceship that approaches the Nomad in Chapter 1?
(a) He sends out a homing beacon.
(b) He flashes the running lights on the Nomad.
(c) He fires signal flares.
(d) He broadcasts a distress signal on all radio frequencies.
7. Why are Foyle and Jiz forced to escape Baker's Zoo?
(a) Because of a raid.
(b) Because of a gas explosion.
(c) Because of an uprising of Baker's post-operative patients.
(d) Because of a spaceship crash into the building.
8. What is the current function of the abandoned railway roundhouse in Chapter 6?
(a) Baker's Hospital.
(b) Baker's Psychiatric Clinic.
(c) Baker's Organic Greenhouse.
(d) Baker's Freak Factory.
9. What is the name of the fuel which powers the Nomad?
10. In Chapter 2, what is attributed to the doctrine of Holy Darwin?
(a) Arrival of the fittest.
(b) Procreation of the fittest.
(c) Survival of the fittest.
(d) Discovery of the fittest.
11. What is Gully Foyle's occupation?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He is a miner.
(c) He is a pilot.
(d) He is a merchant marine.
12. What device does Jiz tell Foyle is being used to track them as they attempt to escape the Gouffre Martel?
(a) A geiger counter.
(b) A G-Phone.
(c) A robot equipped with infrared sensors.
(d) A GPS phone.
13. What trade does Y'ang-Yeovil offer to Presteign?
(a) The inventor of jaunte for Gully Foyle.
(b) 100 thousand galactic credits for Gully Foyle.
(c) The Nomad for Gully Foyle.
(d) The inventor of PyrE for Gully Foyle.
14. What animal does Jiz (and other characters) continually refer to Foyle as?
15. How many people live on the habitable worlds of the solar system?
(a) Twleve million million people.
(b) Eleven million million people.
(c) Ten million people.
(d) Fifty million people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who attempts to capture Jiz at the end of Chapter Seven?
2. Who is the publicity representative of the Jaunte Schools?
3. What does Presteign rename the Presteign Princess upon christening?
4. Who is Robin Wednesbury?
5. How large is the Times Square jaunte stage?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)