1. What is Gully Foyle's occupation?
(a) He is a soldier.
(b) He is a merchant marine.
(c) He is a miner.
(d) He is a pilot.
2. How long did Foyle live on board the wrecked Nomad?
(a) 170 days.
(b) 100 days.
(c) 37 days.
(d) 370 days.
3. How many habitable worlds are cited in the Prologue?
(a) Eight planets, three satellites.
(b) Three planets, eight satellites.
(c) Six planets, five satellites.
(d) Five planets, six satellites.
4. When does Jaunte make his discovery?
(a) At the turn of the 24th century.
(b) At the end of the 24th century.
(c) In the middle of the 23rd century.
(d) At the turn of the 23rd century.
5. What incident brings Jaunte to discover his "effect"?
(a) He sets fire to himself and his work bench.
(b) He sets fire to one of his coworkers.
(c) He is about to be electrocuted.
(d) He is about to be crushed by a falling rock.
6. Who opens the first school for "jaunting"?
(a) Jaunte's widow.
(b) Jaunte himself.
(c) One of Jaunte's assistants.
(d) One of Jaunte's children.
This section contains 4,408 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)