|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the gift make Leo think?
2. What do Leo and Stargirl work together doing?
3. Why does Kevin say that Leo is being treated this way?
4. Where are Stargirl and Leo when she shows him how she learns information from bulletin boards?
5. Which of the following terms could describe how Stargirl is being treated in school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Archie go to the desert to do and how does Archie seem to feel about the process?
2. What happens when Leo and Stargirl get to the special place?
3. Who does Leo go to talk to and what do they talk about?
4. How does Stargirl arrive at the ball and how does she work?
5. In what way has Stargirl changed her appearance and her name?
6. What does Leo find on the bulletin board when he looks?
7. What happens the Monday after Stargirl wins the speech contest and how does Dori react?
8. What is the one thing that Leo and Stargirl never do?
9. What two unusual things does Stargirl show Leo that she has in her room?
10. Where does Stargirl show Leo that she finds out who may need a gift?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What changes happened at Mica High School throughout the novel? Which were positive? Which were negative? Do you think these changes could have been prevented? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is the theme of human nature may have progressed throughout time, but it has also lost its selfless nature along the way as well developed through the novel? Provide specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does age and the ability to reflect change how Leo views Stargirl and himself? Do you think he wishes he could have done things differently? Why or why not?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)