|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was on the tie Leo has?
2. How does Leo describe his relationship with Stargirl after her transformation?
3. What word does Archie explain to Leo for the first time?
4. What is Stargirl's speech asking the audience to listen to?
5. What does Leo tell Stargirl when she finally corners him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leo ask Archie when he returns to visit fifteen years later and how does Archie respond?
2. What happens the Monday after Stargirl wins the speech contest and how does Dori react?
3. What happens when Stargirl and Leo return to the high school?
4. Who does Leo talk to about the situation in school and what response is he given?
5. What does Leo find on the bulletin board when he looks?
6. What happens at the end of the ball and what happens to Stargirl?
7. What analogy does Archie use to explain what is happening to Leo?
8. Who is Mr. McShane and what is his role in the book?
9. How do the students of Mica High now feel about Stargirl and what did she give them?
10. In what two ways does Stargirl show her reverence for the earth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of Senor Saguaro in this novel? What does it represent? Does it seem to be helpful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is the character of Archie a philosopher? Do you think he is helpful to the boys? If so, how? If not, why not? Do you think he should have shared more with the boys to prevent what happened at the end with Stargirl? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does age and the ability to reflect change how Leo views Stargirl and himself? Do you think he wishes he could have done things differently? Why or why not?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)