|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stargirl take Leo?
2. Where are Stargirl and Leo when she shows him how she learns information from bulletin boards?
3. What does Leo find different when he goes to lunch?
4. Where does Stargirl practice her speech?
5. What does Stargirl hand out in the cafeteria after the competition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Archie go to the desert to do and how does Archie seem to feel about the process?
2. What happens when Leo and Stargirl get to the special place?
3. What two unusual things does Stargirl show Leo that she has in her room?
4. What happens when Stargirl and Leo return to the high school?
5. What is Leo's plan for handling the situation at school after he sees the bulletin board?
6. Who does Leo go to talk to and what do they talk about?
7. What special contest has Stargirl qualified for and how does Leo react?
8. In what way has Stargirl changed her appearance and her name?
9. Who is Mr. McShane and what is his role in the book?
10. What analogy does Archie use to explain what is happening to Leo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, Stargirl is compared to Johnny Appleseed. In what ways is this an accurate comparison? In what ways do you think this is an inaccurate comparison?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is the theme of human nature may have progressed throughout time, but it has also lost its selfless nature along the way as well developed through the novel? Provide specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Was Stargirl treated fairly in this novel? Include examples from the text to support your answer. Do you think she would have been treated differently at your school? Why or why not?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)