|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leo see Stargirl do for other people to discover?
2. What is one of the most disturbing facts about the social status for Stargirl at her school?
3. What does Archie show Leo in his tool shed?
4. What does Leo say that he feels guilty doing?
5. How does this chapter end?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Stargirl show Leo that she finds out who may need a gift?
2. How does Stargirl arrive at the ball and how does she work?
3. What do the adults at the class reunion talk about?
4. What happens at the end of the ball and what happens to Stargirl?
5. Who is Mr. McShane and what is his role in the book?
6. What special contest has Stargirl qualified for and how does Leo react?
7. How do the students of Mica High now feel about Stargirl and what did she give them?
8. What does Leo ask Archie when he returns to visit fifteen years later and how does Archie respond?
9. What happens at the oratorical contest?
10. What happens the Monday after Stargirl wins the speech contest and how does Dori react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do Cinnamon and Stargirl seem to have that Leo seems to have lost? Do you think most people are more like Stargirl or Leo? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What is the purpose of Senor Saguaro in this novel? What does it represent? Does it seem to be helpful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does age and the ability to reflect change how Leo views Stargirl and himself? Do you think he wishes he could have done things differently? Why or why not?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)