|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people come to congratulate Stargirl when she gets back to the school?
2. What does Archie show Leo in his tool shed?
3. How does Leo describe Stargirl's family that surprises him?
4. What makes the students in Mica bitter?
5. What does Leo tell Stargirl he wants to do for his job when he is an adult?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the oratorical contest?
2. What is Leo's plan for handling the situation at school after he sees the bulletin board?
3. What is unique about Stargirl that is shared with the reader in this chapter?
4. In what way has Stargirl changed her appearance and her name?
5. How do Stargirl and Leo feel about each other and because of this what does it take them a few days to realize?
6. What do the adults at the class reunion talk about?
7. What does Leo overhear about Stargirl and then how do these same girls tease Leo?
8. How does Stargirl arrive at the ball and how does she work?
9. Who does Leo talk to about the situation in school and what response is he given?
10. How do the students of Mica High now feel about Stargirl and what did she give them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does mob mentality affect the events that happened in this book? Do you think that you are a strong enough person to resist the mentality of a mob? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Consider that one of the messages from the author is that life is the best teacher. How does this relate to the characters? Which character seems to agree with this message? Why do you think so?
Essay Topic 3
What changes happened at Mica High School throughout the novel? Which were positive? Which were negative? Do you think these changes could have been prevented? Why or why not?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)