|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the students in Mica bitter?
2. What does Stargirl say to Leo at lunch in these chapters?
3. What does Leo say that he feels guilty doing?
4. How does Leo describe Stargirl's family that surprises him?
5. What does Leo find different when he goes to lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one thing that Leo and Stargirl never do?
2. How do Stargirl and Leo feel about each other and because of this what does it take them a few days to realize?
3. What does Stargirl teach Leo how to do?
4. What happens when Stargirl and Leo return to the high school?
5. Who does Leo go to talk to and what do they talk about?
6. In what two ways does Stargirl show her reverence for the earth?
7. What special contest has Stargirl qualified for and how does Leo react?
8. What do Leo and Stargirl talk about on the walk home after school and how does Leo react?
9. What do the adults at the class reunion talk about?
10. What does Leo find on the bulletin board when he looks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Leo seems unable to accept the fact that school culture does not approve of his relationship with Stargirl. Why do you think this is the case? Do you think most students Leo's age would feel the same as Leo or differently? Why?
Essay Topic 2
What would you consider to be the most significant turning point in this story for Stargirl? Why do you think this is the most significant?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Stargirl take Leo to the desert? What does she hope to gain? Does she succeed with her hopes? Why or why not?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)