|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stargirl take Leo?
2. What does Leo find different when he goes to lunch?
3. What does Leo hear people whispering about after he and Stargirl share their first kiss?
4. How is the student who asks Stargirl to dance described?
5. What does Archie bury with Barney?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two unusual things does Stargirl show Leo that she has in her room?
2. In what two ways does Stargirl show her reverence for the earth?
3. What is the one thing that Leo and Stargirl never do?
4. How do Stargirl and Leo feel about each other and because of this what does it take them a few days to realize?
5. What does Leo ask Archie when he returns to visit fifteen years later and how does Archie respond?
6. What special contest has Stargirl qualified for and how does Leo react?
7. What analogy does Archie use to explain what is happening to Leo?
8. Who does Leo talk to about the situation in school and what response is he given?
9. What does Leo find on the bulletin board when he looks?
10. Where does Stargirl show Leo that she finds out who may need a gift?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of Senor Saguaro in this novel? What does it represent? Does it seem to be helpful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does age and the ability to reflect change how Leo views Stargirl and himself? Do you think he wishes he could have done things differently? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Was Stargirl treated fairly in this novel? Include examples from the text to support your answer. Do you think she would have been treated differently at your school? Why or why not?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)