|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What solution does Archie offer to Leo for his problem?
2. What are Stargirl and Leo allowed to do after the contest that is different?
3. How does Leo see Stargirl at the end of this chapter?
4. What does Stargirl ask Leo if he believes in?
5. Which character seems to be growing more and more paranoid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the end of the ball and what happens to Stargirl?
2. What does Archie go to the desert to do and how does Archie seem to feel about the process?
3. What does Stargirl teach Leo how to do?
4. What happens at the oratorical contest?
5. Where does Stargirl show Leo that she finds out who may need a gift?
6. What does Leo ask Archie when he returns to visit fifteen years later and how does Archie respond?
7. In what two ways does Stargirl show her reverence for the earth?
8. What happens when Leo and Stargirl get to the special place?
9. Who does Leo talk to about the situation in school and what response is he given?
10. What does Leo overhear about Stargirl and then how do these same girls tease Leo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Leo seems unable to accept the fact that school culture does not approve of his relationship with Stargirl. Why do you think this is the case? Do you think most students Leo's age would feel the same as Leo or differently? Why?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does age and the ability to reflect change how Leo views Stargirl and himself? Do you think he wishes he could have done things differently? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How is the natural world developed in this novel? Does the discussions of the natural beauty provide insight into the characters? If so, how? If not, why do you think this is the case?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)