|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was on the tie Leo has?
2. What does Stargirl do now instead of doing good deeds?
3. Which character tried to regain the spotlight at the ball?
4. How is the student who asks Stargirl to dance described?
5. How is Stargirl's room described by the author?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Leo and Stargirl talk about on the walk home after school and how does Leo react?
2. What is unique about Stargirl that is shared with the reader in this chapter?
3. What continues to seem odd to both Stargirl and Leo?
4. Who does Leo talk to about the situation in school and what response is he given?
5. In what way has Stargirl changed her appearance and her name?
6. What is the one thing that Leo and Stargirl never do?
7. How do Stargirl and Leo feel about each other and because of this what does it take them a few days to realize?
8. What does Archie go to the desert to do and how does Archie seem to feel about the process?
9. How do the students of Mica High now feel about Stargirl and what did she give them?
10. What does Leo overhear about Stargirl and then how do these same girls tease Leo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, Stargirl is compared to Johnny Appleseed. In what ways is this an accurate comparison? In what ways do you think this is an inaccurate comparison?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is the theme of human nature may have progressed throughout time, but it has also lost its selfless nature along the way as well developed through the novel? Provide specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does age and the ability to reflect change how Leo views Stargirl and himself? Do you think he wishes he could have done things differently? Why or why not?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)