|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Caraway do that surprises Leo?
2. What does Stargirl ask Leo if he believes in?
3. What surprises Leo about Stargirl's speech?
4. What does Stargirl say to Leo at lunch in these chapters?
5. When does Archie say that most people are at that more primitive place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two unusual things does Stargirl show Leo that she has in her room?
2. What happens at the oratorical contest?
3. What happens when Leo and Stargirl get to the special place?
4. How do Stargirl and Leo feel about each other and because of this what does it take them a few days to realize?
5. What happens at the end of the ball and what happens to Stargirl?
6. What special contest has Stargirl qualified for and how does Leo react?
7. What is Leo's plan for handling the situation at school after he sees the bulletin board?
8. What happens the Monday after Stargirl wins the speech contest and how does Dori react?
9. Who is Mr. McShane and what is his role in the book?
10. How does Stargirl arrive at the ball and how does she work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why doesn't Stargirl seem to understand the need to win at all costs? Do you think there is anything that Stargirl believes needs to happen at all costs? If so, what and why? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 2
What changes happened at Mica High School throughout the novel? Which were positive? Which were negative? Do you think these changes could have been prevented? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Leo seems unable to accept the fact that school culture does not approve of his relationship with Stargirl. Why do you think this is the case? Do you think most students Leo's age would feel the same as Leo or differently? Why?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)