|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hillari do with what Stargirl gives her?
2. How do Stargirl and Leo celebrate?
3. How does Leo try to defend Stargirl?
4. What is a Moa?
5. What is Stargirl doing for her five-year-old neighbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way has Stargirl changed her appearance and her name?
2. Who is Mr. McShane and what is his role in the book?
3. Where does Stargirl show Leo that she finds out who may need a gift?
4. What is the one thing that Leo and Stargirl never do?
5. What analogy does Archie use to explain what is happening to Leo?
6. Who does Leo go to talk to and what do they talk about?
7. What two unusual things does Stargirl show Leo that she has in her room?
8. What happens at the end of the ball and what happens to Stargirl?
9. In what two ways does Stargirl show her reverence for the earth?
10. What happens at the oratorical contest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Leo seems unable to accept the fact that school culture does not approve of his relationship with Stargirl. Why do you think this is the case? Do you think most students Leo's age would feel the same as Leo or differently? Why?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is Stargirl a scapegoat for other characters in the novel? Is this laying of blame fair to Stargirl? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does age and the ability to reflect change how Leo views Stargirl and himself? Do you think he wishes he could have done things differently? Why or why not?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)