|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leo describe Stargirl's family that surprises him?
2. How does Stargirl arrive at the ball?
3. How do Stargirl and Leo celebrate?
4. What does Leo tell Stargirl he wants to do for his job when he is an adult?
5. What does Kevin say about Stargirl and Leo?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what two ways does Stargirl show her reverence for the earth?
2. How do Stargirl and Leo feel about each other and because of this what does it take them a few days to realize?
3. What does Leo find on the bulletin board when he looks?
4. What continues to seem odd to both Stargirl and Leo?
5. What is unique about Stargirl that is shared with the reader in this chapter?
6. In what way has Stargirl changed her appearance and her name?
7. Who does Leo talk to about the situation in school and what response is he given?
8. What happens the Monday after Stargirl wins the speech contest and how does Dori react?
9. What two unusual things does Stargirl show Leo that she has in her room?
10. What does Archie go to the desert to do and how does Archie seem to feel about the process?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the purpose of Senor Saguaro in this novel? What does it represent? Does it seem to be helpful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Consider that one of the messages from the author is that life is the best teacher. How does this relate to the characters? Which character seems to agree with this message? Why do you think so?
Essay Topic 3
What would you consider to be the most significant turning point in this story for Stargirl? Why do you think this is the most significant?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)