|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stargirl arrive at the ball?
2. Why does Susan (Stargirl) say that Dori is mad at her?
3. What is Stargirl's speech asking the audience to listen to?
4. How does Stargirl think of Archie?
5. Dori is a good friend to Stargirl because she does which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Leo talk to about the situation in school and what response is he given?
2. What is unique about Stargirl that is shared with the reader in this chapter?
3. In what way has Stargirl changed her appearance and her name?
4. What do the adults at the class reunion talk about?
5. What does Leo ask Archie when he returns to visit fifteen years later and how does Archie respond?
6. Who is Mr. McShane and what is his role in the book?
7. What happens at the oratorical contest?
8. What does Stargirl teach Leo how to do?
9. What happens at the end of the ball and what happens to Stargirl?
10. What is Leo's plan for handling the situation at school after he sees the bulletin board?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is Stargirl a scapegoat for other characters in the novel? Is this laying of blame fair to Stargirl? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is Leo a coward? In what ways is he a strong character? What regrets do you think he has? Are they justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose of Senor Saguaro in this novel? What does it represent? Does it seem to be helpful? Why or why not?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)