|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leo tell Kevin he feels?
2. Which character tried to regain the spotlight at the ball?
3. Why does Susan (Stargirl) say that Dori is mad at her?
4. What do Leo and Stargirl work together doing?
5. What is one of the most disturbing facts about the social status for Stargirl at her school?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way has Stargirl changed her appearance and her name?
2. Who does Leo go to talk to and what do they talk about?
3. What analogy does Archie use to explain what is happening to Leo?
4. What happens at the oratorical contest?
5. How does Stargirl arrive at the ball and how does she work?
6. What does Stargirl teach Leo how to do?
7. What happens at the end of the ball and what happens to Stargirl?
8. What does Leo overhear about Stargirl and then how do these same girls tease Leo?
9. What continues to seem odd to both Stargirl and Leo?
10. How do Stargirl and Leo feel about each other and because of this what does it take them a few days to realize?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does age and the ability to reflect change how Leo views Stargirl and himself? Do you think he wishes he could have done things differently? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Was Stargirl treated fairly in this novel? Include examples from the text to support your answer. Do you think she would have been treated differently at your school? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Consider that one of the messages from the author is that life is the best teacher. How does this relate to the characters? Which character seems to agree with this message? Why do you think so?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)