|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Stargirl's room described by the author?
2. How does Leo feel about the new musical group?
3. Which character seems unaware of the cold treatment being dished out at school?
4. Where does Stargirl take Leo?
5. What does Leo ask Archie if he believes in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the Monday after Stargirl wins the speech contest and how does Dori react?
2. Where does Stargirl show Leo that she finds out who may need a gift?
3. What does Leo ask Archie when he returns to visit fifteen years later and how does Archie respond?
4. What happens at the end of the ball and what happens to Stargirl?
5. What continues to seem odd to both Stargirl and Leo?
6. What does Leo find on the bulletin board when he looks?
7. What is the one thing that Leo and Stargirl never do?
8. What happens at the oratorical contest?
9. Who does Leo go to talk to and what do they talk about?
10. What two unusual things does Stargirl show Leo that she has in her room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing at least five quandaries that various groups or cultures place us in which make it difficult for outsiders to feel welcome easily.
Essay Topic 2
How is the natural world developed in this novel? Does the discussions of the natural beauty provide insight into the characters? If so, how? If not, why do you think this is the case?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does mob mentality affect the events that happened in this book? Do you think that you are a strong enough person to resist the mentality of a mob? Why or why not?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)