|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hillari do with what Stargirl gives her?
2. Which of the following is not something that Leo and Stargirl do together?
3. What do Leo and Stargirl work together doing?
4. Where does Stargirl practice her speech?
5. What does Stargirl hand out in the cafeteria after the competition?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the students of Mica High now feel about Stargirl and what did she give them?
2. What analogy does Archie use to explain what is happening to Leo?
3. What does Leo ask Archie when he returns to visit fifteen years later and how does Archie respond?
4. What does Stargirl teach Leo how to do?
5. What does Archie go to the desert to do and how does Archie seem to feel about the process?
6. What is the one thing that Leo and Stargirl never do?
7. Who is Mr. McShane and what is his role in the book?
8. What is Leo's plan for handling the situation at school after he sees the bulletin board?
9. Who does Leo go to talk to and what do they talk about?
10. In what way has Stargirl changed her appearance and her name?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Was Stargirl treated fairly in this novel? Include examples from the text to support your answer. Do you think she would have been treated differently at your school? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does mob mentality affect the events that happened in this book? Do you think that you are a strong enough person to resist the mentality of a mob? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is Stargirl a scapegoat for other characters in the novel? Is this laying of blame fair to Stargirl? Why or why not?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)