|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Stargirl make at the end of this chapter?
2. What decision does Senor Saguaro indicate Leo has to make?
3. Dori is a good friend to Stargirl because she does which of the following?
4. What does Stargirl say to Leo at lunch in these chapters?
5. What does Stargirl hand out in the cafeteria after the competition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What continues to seem odd to both Stargirl and Leo?
2. What happens at the end of the ball and what happens to Stargirl?
3. What does Archie go to the desert to do and how does Archie seem to feel about the process?
4. Who is Mr. McShane and what is his role in the book?
5. What do the adults at the class reunion talk about?
6. What analogy does Archie use to explain what is happening to Leo?
7. What happens at the oratorical contest?
8. What happens the Monday after Stargirl wins the speech contest and how does Dori react?
9. Where does Stargirl show Leo that she finds out who may need a gift?
10. What does Leo ask Archie when he returns to visit fifteen years later and how does Archie respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does mob mentality affect the events that happened in this book? Do you think that you are a strong enough person to resist the mentality of a mob? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What do Cinnamon and Stargirl seem to have that Leo seems to have lost? Do you think most people are more like Stargirl or Leo? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on how nationalism was portrayed in this novel and how it directly relates to the school life for all of the characters.
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)