|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stargirl's speech asking the audience to listen to?
2. What does Leo receive a day before his birthday?
3. Dori is a good friend to Stargirl because she does which of the following?
4. How does Leo describe Stargirl's family that surprises him?
5. What was on the tie Leo has?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is unique about Stargirl that is shared with the reader in this chapter?
2. What is Leo's plan for handling the situation at school after he sees the bulletin board?
3. How does Stargirl arrive at the ball and how does she work?
4. What happens at the end of the ball and what happens to Stargirl?
5. Where does Stargirl show Leo that she finds out who may need a gift?
6. What two unusual things does Stargirl show Leo that she has in her room?
7. What does Leo overhear about Stargirl and then how do these same girls tease Leo?
8. Who does Leo go to talk to and what do they talk about?
9. What do Leo and Stargirl talk about on the walk home after school and how does Leo react?
10. What analogy does Archie use to explain what is happening to Leo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Stargirl take Leo to the desert? What does she hope to gain? Does she succeed with her hopes? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How is the natural world developed in this novel? Does the discussions of the natural beauty provide insight into the characters? If so, how? If not, why do you think this is the case?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is Stargirl unique? In what ways does she show conformity? Do you think the character of Stargirl would make it in a regular high school today? Why or why not?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)