|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leo tell Kevin he feels?
2. How is the student who asks Stargirl to dance described?
3. What name does Stargirl tell Leo he should now call her?
4. What does Leo learn how to do?
5. What do Leo and Stargirl work together doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What continues to seem odd to both Stargirl and Leo?
2. What do the adults at the class reunion talk about?
3. What analogy does Archie use to explain what is happening to Leo?
4. Who does Leo go to talk to and what do they talk about?
5. What does Archie go to the desert to do and how does Archie seem to feel about the process?
6. What happens when Stargirl and Leo return to the high school?
7. What two unusual things does Stargirl show Leo that she has in her room?
8. In what way has Stargirl changed her appearance and her name?
9. What happens the Monday after Stargirl wins the speech contest and how does Dori react?
10. What happens at the oratorical contest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What changes happened at Mica High School throughout the novel? Which were positive? Which were negative? Do you think these changes could have been prevented? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How is the natural world developed in this novel? Does the discussions of the natural beauty provide insight into the characters? If so, how? If not, why do you think this is the case?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on how nationalism was portrayed in this novel and how it directly relates to the school life for all of the characters.
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)