|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leo find different when he goes to lunch?
2. Why does Susan (Stargirl) say that Dori is mad at her?
3. What does Leo learn how to do?
4. What does Kevin say Stargirl is getting?
5. How do Stargirl and Leo celebrate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Stargirl and Leo feel about each other and because of this what does it take them a few days to realize?
2. What analogy does Archie use to explain what is happening to Leo?
3. Where does Stargirl show Leo that she finds out who may need a gift?
4. In what two ways does Stargirl show her reverence for the earth?
5. What special contest has Stargirl qualified for and how does Leo react?
6. What does Archie go to the desert to do and how does Archie seem to feel about the process?
7. What is unique about Stargirl that is shared with the reader in this chapter?
8. What happens at the end of the ball and what happens to Stargirl?
9. What happens when Leo and Stargirl get to the special place?
10. How does Stargirl arrive at the ball and how does she work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the natural world developed in this novel? Does the discussions of the natural beauty provide insight into the characters? If so, how? If not, why do you think this is the case?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on how nationalism was portrayed in this novel and how it directly relates to the school life for all of the characters.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is Stargirl unique? In what ways does she show conformity? Do you think the character of Stargirl would make it in a regular high school today? Why or why not?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)