|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dori show that she will respect her friend's decision no matter what?
2. What does Leo ask Archie if he believes in?
3. How many people come to congratulate Stargirl when she gets back to the school?
4. What word does Archie explain to Leo for the first time?
5. How does this chapter end?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one thing that Leo and Stargirl never do?
2. In what way has Stargirl changed her appearance and her name?
3. Where does Stargirl show Leo that she finds out who may need a gift?
4. In what two ways does Stargirl show her reverence for the earth?
5. How do the students of Mica High now feel about Stargirl and what did she give them?
6. What analogy does Archie use to explain what is happening to Leo?
7. What happens when Leo and Stargirl get to the special place?
8. Who does Leo go to talk to and what do they talk about?
9. What do the adults at the class reunion talk about?
10. What happens at the oratorical contest?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is Stargirl a scapegoat for other characters in the novel? Is this laying of blame fair to Stargirl? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on how nationalism was portrayed in this novel and how it directly relates to the school life for all of the characters.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing at least five quandaries that various groups or cultures place us in which make it difficult for outsiders to feel welcome easily.
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)