|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Senor Saguaro indicate Leo has to make?
2. Why does Archie ask Leo to drive him out into the desert?
3. What decision does Stargirl make at the end of this chapter?
4. What did Stargirl keep on all of the people from Mica High?
5. Which of the following fictional characters does Leo say Stargirl reminds him of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What special contest has Stargirl qualified for and how does Leo react?
2. What continues to seem odd to both Stargirl and Leo?
3. How do Stargirl and Leo feel about each other and because of this what does it take them a few days to realize?
4. What happens the Monday after Stargirl wins the speech contest and how does Dori react?
5. How does Stargirl arrive at the ball and how does she work?
6. What is Leo's plan for handling the situation at school after he sees the bulletin board?
7. What do the adults at the class reunion talk about?
8. What is unique about Stargirl that is shared with the reader in this chapter?
9. What does Leo overhear about Stargirl and then how do these same girls tease Leo?
10. Where does Stargirl show Leo that she finds out who may need a gift?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does age and the ability to reflect change how Leo views Stargirl and himself? Do you think he wishes he could have done things differently? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What changes happened at Mica High School throughout the novel? Which were positive? Which were negative? Do you think these changes could have been prevented? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is the character of Archie a philosopher? Do you think he is helpful to the boys? If so, how? If not, why not? Do you think he should have shared more with the boys to prevent what happened at the end with Stargirl? Why or why not?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)