|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stargirl say to Leo in this chapter?
2. Why do thousands of people show up at the next football game?
3. What do many of the community suspect Stargirl of?
4. What does Stargirl do when she gets up out of her seat in the cafeteria?
5. Which team do the Electrons lose to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is A.H. Brubaker (Archie) and what profession did he retire from?
2. How could the character of Leo be described?
3. How does the author describe Kevin and Leo's relationship and what does this leave the reader thinking?
4. How does the author describe Stargirl's behavior and what are some specific examples of her behavior?
5. How does Stargirl react when the jury begins asking her aggressive and rude questions?
6. What kind of character is Hillari and what does the author lead the reader to believe about Hillari?
7. What kind of character is Wayne?
8. How do the people react to Stargirl's cheerleading?
9. What seems to be changing for Stargirl after the incident at the football game?
10. What happens when the Electrons lose to Glendale?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is the character of Archie a philosopher? Do you think he is helpful to the boys? If so, how? If not, why not? Do you think he should have shared more with the boys to prevent what happened at the end with Stargirl? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What would you consider to be the most significant turning point in this story for Stargirl? Why do you think this is the most significant?
Essay Topic 3
Was Stargirl treated fairly in this novel? Include examples from the text to support your answer. Do you think she would have been treated differently at your school? Why or why not?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)