|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of students does the paper mostly interview?
2. Which of the following describes the voice of the main character?
3. What is the relationship between Hillari and Wayne?
4. Which of the following is not one of Hillari's theories about Stargirl?
5. Which of the following would be a good description of Archie's role with the boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Electrons lose to Glendale?
2. How could the character of Leo be described?
3. Who is A.H. Brubaker (Archie) and what profession did he retire from?
4. What idea does Kevin have about Stargirl?
5. How does the author describe Stargirl's behavior and what are some specific examples of her behavior?
6. What happens when Stargirl comes over to the table where Leo and Kevin are sitting?
7. What surprise gift does Leo find on his porch after his birthday information is in the newspaper?
8. What is the typical setup for the Hot Seat show that Leo and Kevin put on?
9. What information does Hillari believe to be true about Stargirl and how does Kevin react to what Hillari says?
10. What does Leo's Uncle Pete give him on moving day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What would you consider to be the most significant turning point in this story for Stargirl? Why do you think this is the most significant?
Essay Topic 2
Was Stargirl treated fairly in this novel? Include examples from the text to support your answer. Do you think she would have been treated differently at your school? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does mob mentality affect the events that happened in this book? Do you think that you are a strong enough person to resist the mentality of a mob? Why or why not?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)