|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does the narrator give to Wayne?
2. What does Stargirl do that gets her a lot of attention?
3. Why do thousands of people show up at the next football game?
4. What does Stargirl do when she is finished with her lunch?
5. Why is the song Stargirl sings significant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprise gift does Leo find on his porch after his birthday information is in the newspaper?
2. What does Leo notice that is different about Stargirl from the other girls?
3. What is the typical setup for the Hot Seat show that Leo and Kevin put on?
4. How does Archie make the boys realize that losing a basketball game is not the end of the world?
5. Describe the Old Saguaro and what do Leo, Kevin and Archie call it?
6. How does Stargirl react when the jury begins asking her aggressive and rude questions?
7. How is Stargirl dressed when she comes to school on the first day?
8. What information does Hillari believe to be true about Stargirl and how does Kevin react to what Hillari says?
9. What does Leo see when he arrives at the football game?
10. What seems to be changing for Stargirl after the incident at the football game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What would you consider to be the most significant turning point in this story for Stargirl? Why do you think this is the most significant?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does age and the ability to reflect change how Leo views Stargirl and himself? Do you think he wishes he could have done things differently? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing at least five quandaries that various groups or cultures place us in which make it difficult for outsiders to feel welcome easily.
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)