|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stargirl go that annoys Anna?
2. What trick do the cheerleaders pull on Stargirl?
3. Why do the boys go to see Archie?
4. What question does Kevin ask Leo?
5. Why does Hillari drop Cinnamon instead of throwing him over the railing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe Stargirl's behavior and what are some specific examples of her behavior?
2. What does Leo notice that is different about Stargirl from the other girls?
3. Describe the Old Saguaro and what do Leo, Kevin and Archie call it?
4. What does Archie do when Leo and Kevin complain about their team losing the basketball game?
5. What does Leo's Uncle Pete give him on moving day?
6. What is the typical setup for the Hot Seat show that Leo and Kevin put on?
7. What information does Hillari believe to be true about Stargirl and how does Kevin react to what Hillari says?
8. Why does Hillari approach Stargirl in the lunchroom and what request does she make?
9. How does Stargirl react when the jury begins asking her aggressive and rude questions?
10. What happens when the Electrons lose to Glendale?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is the theme of human nature may have progressed throughout time, but it has also lost its selfless nature along the way as well developed through the novel? Provide specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
How is the natural world developed in this novel? Does the discussions of the natural beauty provide insight into the characters? If so, how? If not, why do you think this is the case?
Essay Topic 3
What do Cinnamon and Stargirl seem to have that Leo seems to have lost? Do you think most people are more like Stargirl or Leo? Why?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)