|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leo feel when he comes close to Stargirl?
2. What is the relationship between Hillari and Wayne?
3. What is different about the jury on the Hot Seat when Stargirl is the guest?
4. What does Stargirl leave for the terminally ill boy?
5. Which character tells Stargirl not to sing Happy Birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the Electrons lose to Glendale?
2. What is unique about Stargirl that is shared with the reader in this chapter?
3. What does Archie go to the desert to do and how does Archie seem to feel about the process?
4. How do Stargirl and Leo feel about each other and because of this what does it take them a few days to realize?
5. What is Streaargirl overheard doing and how do some people react to this?
6. How could the character of Leo be described?
7. What happens when Stargirl and Leo return to the high school?
8. What happens when Stargirl comes over to the table where Leo and Kevin are sitting?
9. What does Leo notice that is different about Stargirl from the other girls?
10. Describe the Old Saguaro and what do Leo, Kevin and Archie call it?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on how nationalism was portrayed in this novel and how it directly relates to the school life for all of the characters.
Essay Topic 2
Why doesn't Stargirl seem to understand the need to win at all costs? Do you think there is anything that Stargirl believes needs to happen at all costs? If so, what and why? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
What changes happened at Mica High School throughout the novel? Which were positive? Which were negative? Do you think these changes could have been prevented? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,176 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)