|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of students does the paper mostly interview?
2. What does Stargirl share with Leo?
3. Why does Leo's name appear in the newspaper?
4. Which of the following would be considered an unusual and bold character?
5. What conclusion do the boys come to about Stargirl?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe Stargirl's behavior and what are some specific examples of her behavior?
2. What does Leo notice that is different about Stargirl from the other girls?
3. What idea does Kevin have about Stargirl?
4. What information does Kevin share with Leo that he learned about Stargirl?
5. What kind of character is Hillari and what does the author lead the reader to believe about Hillari?
6. How is Stargirl dressed when she comes to school on the first day?
7. How does Archie make the boys realize that losing a basketball game is not the end of the world?
8. What information does Hillari believe to be true about Stargirl and how does Kevin react to what Hillari says?
9. Who is the narrator of this book?
10. What kind of character is Wayne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Leo seems unable to accept the fact that school culture does not approve of his relationship with Stargirl. Why do you think this is the case? Do you think most students Leo's age would feel the same as Leo or differently? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing at least five quandaries that various groups or cultures place us in which make it difficult for outsiders to feel welcome easily.
Essay Topic 3
What would you consider to be the most significant turning point in this story for Stargirl? Why do you think this is the most significant?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)