|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how Hillari and Wayne compare to each other?
2. Which of the following would be a good description of Archie's role with the boys?
3. Where does Stargirl go that annoys Anna?
4. What trick do the cheerleaders pull on Stargirl?
5. What does Stargirl do at lunch the next day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What seems to be changing for Stargirl after the incident at the football game?
2. What happens when Stargirl comes over to the table where Leo and Kevin are sitting?
3. How does the author describe Kevin and Leo's relationship and what does this leave the reader thinking?
4. When Leo goes to see why a crowd has gathered at the top of the stairwell what does he find?
5. What does Archie do when Leo and Kevin complain about their team losing the basketball game?
6. What does Leo notice that is different about Stargirl from the other girls?
7. What idea does Kevin have about Stargirl?
8. What does Stargirl do with Anna and how does Anna react?
9. How does the author describe Stargirl's behavior and what are some specific examples of her behavior?
10. What reasons does the narrator speculate might be the cause of Stargirl's popularity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is the theme of human nature may have progressed throughout time, but it has also lost its selfless nature along the way as well developed through the novel? Provide specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways does mob mentality affect the events that happened in this book? Do you think that you are a strong enough person to resist the mentality of a mob? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In the novel, Stargirl is compared to Johnny Appleseed. In what ways is this an accurate comparison? In what ways do you think this is an inaccurate comparison?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)