|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leo decide he is going to start collecting?
2. Why does Leo's name appear in the newspaper?
3. Which of the following is not true about the character, Dori?
4. How much time does the story skip?
5. What state is Leo going to move to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Leo and Stargirl talk about on the walk home after school and how does Leo react?
2. What happens at the end of the ball and what happens to Stargirl?
3. What does Leo notice that is different about Stargirl from the other girls?
4. What information does Hillari believe to be true about Stargirl and how does Kevin react to what Hillari says?
5. What happens when the Electrons lose to Glendale?
6. In what two ways does Stargirl show her reverence for the earth?
7. How does the author describe Stargirl's behavior and what are some specific examples of her behavior?
8. What is Streaargirl overheard doing and how do some people react to this?
9. When Leo goes to see why a crowd has gathered at the top of the stairwell what does he find?
10. Where does Stargirl show Leo that she finds out who may need a gift?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing at least five quandaries that various groups or cultures place us in which make it difficult for outsiders to feel welcome easily.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is Stargirl unique? In what ways does she show conformity? Do you think the character of Stargirl would make it in a regular high school today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How is the natural world developed in this novel? Does the discussions of the natural beauty provide insight into the characters? If so, how? If not, why do you think this is the case?
This section contains 1,220 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)