|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Stargirl sign things?
2. What does Leo decide he is going to start collecting?
3. What does she bring to school every day in a canvas bag?
4. What did Stargirl stop doing?
5. What does the jury do when the interview seems to be more tame than they like?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hillari approach Stargirl in the lunchroom and what request does she make?
2. What does Leo notice that is different about Stargirl from the other girls?
3. How do the people react to Stargirl's cheerleading?
4. Who is A.H. Brubaker (Archie) and what profession did he retire from?
5. What surprise gift does Leo find on his porch after his birthday information is in the newspaper?
6. Describe the Old Saguaro and what do Leo, Kevin and Archie call it?
7. What happens when Stargirl comes over to the table where Leo and Kevin are sitting?
8. Who is Ron Kovac and what happens when he is injured?
9. What does Leo see when he arrives at the football game?
10. What kind of character is Wayne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, Stargirl is compared to Johnny Appleseed. In what ways is this an accurate comparison? In what ways do you think this is an inaccurate comparison?
Essay Topic 2
Why doesn't Stargirl seem to understand the need to win at all costs? Do you think there is anything that Stargirl believes needs to happen at all costs? If so, what and why? If not, why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is the character of Archie a philosopher? Do you think he is helpful to the boys? If so, how? If not, why not? Do you think he should have shared more with the boys to prevent what happened at the end with Stargirl? Why or why not?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)