|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not true about Hillari?
2. What happens to the basketball team?
3. How does Leo act when Stargirl talks to him?
4. Which of the following is the main character in this book?
5. Which character tells Stargirl not to sing Happy Birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the typical setup for the Hot Seat show that Leo and Kevin put on?
2. What happens when Stargirl comes over to the table where Leo and Kevin are sitting?
3. How could the character of Leo be described?
4. What idea does Kevin have about Stargirl?
5. What information does Kevin share with Leo that he learned about Stargirl?
6. What does Archie do when Leo and Kevin complain about their team losing the basketball game?
7. How does Stargirl react when the jury begins asking her aggressive and rude questions?
8. How does Archie make the boys realize that losing a basketball game is not the end of the world?
9. What is Streaargirl overheard doing and how do some people react to this?
10. What does Leo's Uncle Pete give him on moving day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What changes happened at Mica High School throughout the novel? Which were positive? Which were negative? Do you think these changes could have been prevented? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Consider that one of the messages from the author is that life is the best teacher. How does this relate to the characters? Which character seems to agree with this message? Why do you think so?
Essay Topic 3
Why doesn't Stargirl seem to understand the need to win at all costs? Do you think there is anything that Stargirl believes needs to happen at all costs? If so, what and why? If not, why not?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)