|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of students does the paper mostly interview?
2. Which of the following describes the voice of the main character?
3. What does Dori Dilson carry with her?
4. Which of the following terms best describes how Stargirl finds the idea to slaughter another team?
5. How does the audience react to Stargirl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the end of the ball and what happens to Stargirl?
2. How do Stargirl and Leo feel about each other and because of this what does it take them a few days to realize?
3. Where does Stargirl show Leo that she finds out who may need a gift?
4. What kind of character is Hillari and what does the author lead the reader to believe about Hillari?
5. Why does Stargirl continue to get attention for her cheerleading?
6. What continues to seem odd to both Stargirl and Leo?
7. How does the author describe Kevin and Leo's relationship and what does this leave the reader thinking?
8. What kind of character is Wayne?
9. In what way has Stargirl changed her appearance and her name?
10. Who is A.H. Brubaker (Archie) and what profession did he retire from?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Was Stargirl treated fairly in this novel? Include examples from the text to support your answer. Do you think she would have been treated differently at your school? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing at least five quandaries that various groups or cultures place us in which make it difficult for outsiders to feel welcome easily.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does mob mentality affect the events that happened in this book? Do you think that you are a strong enough person to resist the mentality of a mob? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,185 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)