Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leo find in his notebook?
2. Where does Leo see the new girl for the first time?
3. What does Leo decide he is going to start collecting?
4. What is the local custom that the newspaper has?
5. What does Stargirl do at lunch the next day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stargirl react when the jury begins asking her aggressive and rude questions?
2. Who is Ron Kovac and what happens when he is injured?
3. Describe the Old Saguaro and what do Leo, Kevin and Archie call it?
4. What kind of character is Hillari and what does the author lead the reader to believe about Hillari?
5. In what way has Stargirl changed her appearance and her name?
6. Who does Leo talk to about the situation in school and what response is he given?
7. What does Archie go to the desert to do and how does Archie seem to feel about the process?
8. Who is Mr. McShane and what is his role in the book?
9. What surprise gift does Leo find on his porch after his birthday information is in the newspaper?
10. What does Leo overhear about Stargirl and then how do these same girls tease Leo?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay on how nationalism was portrayed in this novel and how it directly relates to the school life for all of the characters.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is Stargirl a scapegoat for other characters in the novel? Is this laying of blame fair to Stargirl? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How is the natural world developed in this novel? Does the discussions of the natural beauty provide insight into the characters? If so, how? If not, why do you think this is the case?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)