|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the boys decide to do in regards to Stargirl Caraway?
2. What does Stargirl share with Leo?
3. How does Stargirl respond when she is asked not to sing Happy Birthday?
4. Which of the following is not one of Hillari's theories about Stargirl?
5. Why does Leo's name appear in the newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Archie do when Leo and Kevin complain about their team losing the basketball game?
2. Who is the narrator of this book?
3. How could the character of Leo be described?
4. What does Leo notice that is different about Stargirl from the other girls?
5. How does Archie make the boys realize that losing a basketball game is not the end of the world?
6. What seems to be changing for Stargirl after the incident at the football game?
7. Who is A.H. Brubaker (Archie) and what profession did he retire from?
8. Describe the Old Saguaro and what do Leo, Kevin and Archie call it?
9. What reasons does the narrator speculate might be the cause of Stargirl's popularity?
10. What happens the day after Hillari approached Stargirl in the cafeteria?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is Stargirl unique? In what ways does she show conformity? Do you think the character of Stargirl would make it in a regular high school today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How is the natural world developed in this novel? Does the discussions of the natural beauty provide insight into the characters? If so, how? If not, why do you think this is the case?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on how nationalism was portrayed in this novel and how it directly relates to the school life for all of the characters.
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)