|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stargirl share with Leo?
2. Why does the community seem to continue to accept Stargirl?
3. What does Leo decide he is going to start collecting?
4. What song does Stargirl sing in this chapter?
5. Which of the following is not true about Hillari?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Streaargirl overheard doing and how do some people react to this?
2. Describe the Old Saguaro and what do Leo, Kevin and Archie call it?
3. Why does Hillari approach Stargirl in the lunchroom and what request does she make?
4. When Leo goes to see why a crowd has gathered at the top of the stairwell what does he find?
5. What kind of character is Wayne?
6. What surprise gift does Leo find on his porch after his birthday information is in the newspaper?
7. How does the author describe Stargirl's behavior and what are some specific examples of her behavior?
8. What reasons does the narrator speculate might be the cause of Stargirl's popularity?
9. Who is A.H. Brubaker (Archie) and what profession did he retire from?
10. What seems to be changing for Stargirl after the incident at the football game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What changes happened at Mica High School throughout the novel? Which were positive? Which were negative? Do you think these changes could have been prevented? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is the character of Archie a philosopher? Do you think he is helpful to the boys? If so, how? If not, why not? Do you think he should have shared more with the boys to prevent what happened at the end with Stargirl? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is the theme of human nature may have progressed throughout time, but it has also lost its selfless nature along the way as well developed through the novel? Provide specific examples from the text.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)