|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What conclusion do the boys come to about Stargirl?
2. What does the jury do when the interview seems to be more tame than they like?
3. How does Leo act when Stargirl talks to him?
4. What does Stargirl do that gets her a lot of attention?
5. What does Leo find in his notebook?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of character is Hillari and what does the author lead the reader to believe about Hillari?
2. What reasons does the narrator speculate might be the cause of Stargirl's popularity?
3. What information does Kevin share with Leo that he learned about Stargirl?
4. What does Leo's Uncle Pete give him on moving day?
5. What does Archie do when Leo and Kevin complain about their team losing the basketball game?
6. Describe the Old Saguaro and what do Leo, Kevin and Archie call it?
7. What surprise gift does Leo find on his porch after his birthday information is in the newspaper?
8. Who is the narrator of this book?
9. How does the author describe Kevin and Leo's relationship and what does this leave the reader thinking?
10. What happens when Stargirl comes over to the table where Leo and Kevin are sitting?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does mob mentality affect the events that happened in this book? Do you think that you are a strong enough person to resist the mentality of a mob? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is the purpose of Senor Saguaro in this novel? What does it represent? Does it seem to be helpful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why does Stargirl take Leo to the desert? What does she hope to gain? Does she succeed with her hopes? Why or why not?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)