|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the end of the song?
2. Why do the boys go to visit Archie?
3. What does Stargirl do at lunch the next day?
4. What does Stargirl do when she is finished with her lunch?
5. Why does Kevin call Leo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Leo and Stargirl talk about on the walk home after school and how does Leo react?
2. What happens at the end of the ball and what happens to Stargirl?
3. What kind of character is Wayne?
4. Who is A.H. Brubaker (Archie) and what profession did he retire from?
5. What does Archie go to the desert to do and how does Archie seem to feel about the process?
6. What seems to be changing for Stargirl after the incident at the football game?
7. How do the people react to Stargirl's cheerleading?
8. What happens when Leo and Stargirl get to the special place?
9. What does Leo see when he arrives at the football game?
10. How does the author describe Kevin and Leo's relationship and what does this leave the reader thinking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider that one of the messages from the author is that life is the best teacher. How does this relate to the characters? Which character seems to agree with this message? Why do you think so?
Essay Topic 2
What is the purpose of Senor Saguaro in this novel? What does it represent? Does it seem to be helpful? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What would you consider to be the most significant turning point in this story for Stargirl? Why do you think this is the most significant?
This section contains 1,225 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)