|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Stargirl seem to be centered on?
2. What happens when Kevin starts to take over the interview from the jury?
3. What does Stargirl leave for the terminally ill boy?
4. Which of the following is the main character in this book?
5. Which team do the Electrons lose to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does Hillari believe to be true about Stargirl and how does Kevin react to what Hillari says?
2. What happens when the Electrons lose to Glendale?
3. What happens the day after Hillari approached Stargirl in the cafeteria?
4. What does Stargirl do with Anna and how does Anna react?
5. What does Leo see when he arrives at the football game?
6. What seems to be changing for Stargirl after the incident at the football game?
7. Why does Stargirl continue to get attention for her cheerleading?
8. What surprise gift does Leo find on his porch after his birthday information is in the newspaper?
9. How is Stargirl dressed when she comes to school on the first day?
10. How could the character of Leo be described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, Stargirl is compared to Johnny Appleseed. In what ways is this an accurate comparison? In what ways do you think this is an inaccurate comparison?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is the character of Archie a philosopher? Do you think he is helpful to the boys? If so, how? If not, why not? Do you think he should have shared more with the boys to prevent what happened at the end with Stargirl? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay describing at least five quandaries that various groups or cultures place us in which make it difficult for outsiders to feel welcome easily.
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)