|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Leo in this story?
2. What does Hillari think Stargirl is?
3. Which of the following best describes how Hillari and Wayne compare to each other?
4. Who agrees to put Stargirl on Hot Seat?
5. What animal does the narrator compare Stargirl to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leo's Uncle Pete give him on moving day?
2. What happens the Monday after Stargirl wins the speech contest and how does Dori react?
3. What happens when Stargirl comes over to the table where Leo and Kevin are sitting?
4. How does Stargirl react when the jury begins asking her aggressive and rude questions?
5. Who does Leo go to talk to and what do they talk about?
6. What does Stargirl do with Anna and how does Anna react?
7. How does the author describe Kevin and Leo's relationship and what does this leave the reader thinking?
8. How does Stargirl arrive at the ball and how does she work?
9. What analogy does Archie use to explain what is happening to Leo?
10. How is Stargirl dressed when she comes to school on the first day?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Stargirl take Leo to the desert? What does she hope to gain? Does she succeed with her hopes? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing at least five quandaries that various groups or cultures place us in which make it difficult for outsiders to feel welcome easily.
Essay Topic 3
Was Stargirl treated fairly in this novel? Include examples from the text to support your answer. Do you think she would have been treated differently at your school? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,155 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)