|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stargirl do that gets her a lot of attention?
2. Which character tells Stargirl not to sing Happy Birthday?
3. What does Archie agree with Leo and Kevin about in regard to Stargirl?
4. Why is the song Stargirl sings significant?
5. What conclusion do the boys come to about Stargirl?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stargirl react when the jury begins asking her aggressive and rude questions?
2. What does Stargirl do with Anna and how does Anna react?
3. What is the typical setup for the Hot Seat show that Leo and Kevin put on?
4. What does Archie do when Leo and Kevin complain about their team losing the basketball game?
5. How does Archie make the boys realize that losing a basketball game is not the end of the world?
6. Why does Hillari approach Stargirl in the lunchroom and what request does she make?
7. What seems to be changing for Stargirl after the incident at the football game?
8. What idea does Kevin have about Stargirl?
9. Why does Stargirl continue to get attention for her cheerleading?
10. What happens the day after Hillari approached Stargirl in the cafeteria?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What changes happened at Mica High School throughout the novel? Which were positive? Which were negative? Do you think these changes could have been prevented? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Leo seems unable to accept the fact that school culture does not approve of his relationship with Stargirl. Why do you think this is the case? Do you think most students Leo's age would feel the same as Leo or differently? Why?
Essay Topic 3
How is the natural world developed in this novel? Does the discussions of the natural beauty provide insight into the characters? If so, how? If not, why do you think this is the case?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)