|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Stargirl stop doing?
2. Which character tells Stargirl not to sing Happy Birthday?
3. Where does Leo see the new girl for the first time?
4. What is Stargirl's normal attire?
5. Why does Stargirl continue to get attention?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leo notice that is different about Stargirl from the other girls?
2. What kind of character is Hillari and what does the author lead the reader to believe about Hillari?
3. What does Leo's Uncle Pete give him on moving day?
4. What reasons does the narrator speculate might be the cause of Stargirl's popularity?
5. What information does Hillari believe to be true about Stargirl and how does Kevin react to what Hillari says?
6. What does Leo see when he arrives at the football game?
7. How does the author describe Stargirl's behavior and what are some specific examples of her behavior?
8. Describe the Old Saguaro and what do Leo, Kevin and Archie call it?
9. How does Stargirl react when the jury begins asking her aggressive and rude questions?
10. Who is A.H. Brubaker (Archie) and what profession did he retire from?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay describing at least five quandaries that various groups or cultures place us in which make it difficult for outsiders to feel welcome easily.
Essay Topic 2
In what way is the theme of human nature may have progressed throughout time, but it has also lost its selfless nature along the way as well developed through the novel? Provide specific examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is Leo a coward? In what ways is he a strong character? What regrets do you think he has? Are they justified? Why or why not?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)