|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the questions on the Hot Seat intended to do?
2. What does Stargirl do when she is finished with her lunch?
3. Who do Leo and Kevin decide it is time to visit?
4. What does Hillari think Stargirl is?
5. What is Kevin upset with Leo for not doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Stargirl dressed when she comes to school on the first day?
2. What does Leo notice that is different about Stargirl from the other girls?
3. What does Leo's Uncle Pete give him on moving day?
4. What seems to be changing for Stargirl after the incident at the football game?
5. When Leo goes to see why a crowd has gathered at the top of the stairwell what does he find?
6. How does Stargirl react when the jury begins asking her aggressive and rude questions?
7. What happens the day after Hillari approached Stargirl in the cafeteria?
8. How does the author describe Stargirl's behavior and what are some specific examples of her behavior?
9. Who is Ron Kovac and what happens when he is injured?
10. How do the people react to Stargirl's cheerleading?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Consider that one of the messages from the author is that life is the best teacher. How does this relate to the characters? Which character seems to agree with this message? Why do you think so?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on how nationalism was portrayed in this novel and how it directly relates to the school life for all of the characters.
Essay Topic 3
What changes happened at Mica High School throughout the novel? Which were positive? Which were negative? Do you think these changes could have been prevented? Why or why not?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)