|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leo find in his notebook?
2. How does Stargirl sign things?
3. What do the students seem to be copying from Stargirl?
4. What causes Stargirl to leave the gym at the away game?
5. Which of the following would be a good description of Archie's role with the boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the typical setup for the Hot Seat show that Leo and Kevin put on?
2. What does Leo's Uncle Pete give him on moving day?
3. How do the people react to Stargirl's cheerleading?
4. Describe the Old Saguaro and what do Leo, Kevin and Archie call it?
5. What happens when the Electrons lose to Glendale?
6. What reasons does the narrator speculate might be the cause of Stargirl's popularity?
7. What kind of character is Hillari and what does the author lead the reader to believe about Hillari?
8. How does the author describe Kevin and Leo's relationship and what does this leave the reader thinking?
9. What idea does Kevin have about Stargirl?
10. What does Stargirl do with Anna and how does Anna react?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways is Stargirl a scapegoat for other characters in the novel? Is this laying of blame fair to Stargirl? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How is the natural world developed in this novel? Does the discussions of the natural beauty provide insight into the characters? If so, how? If not, why do you think this is the case?
Essay Topic 3
Leo seems unable to accept the fact that school culture does not approve of his relationship with Stargirl. Why do you think this is the case? Do you think most students Leo's age would feel the same as Leo or differently? Why?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)