|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does the narrator give to Wayne?
2. What does Archie agree with Leo and Kevin about in regard to Stargirl?
3. On what topic does Stargirl give the winning speech?
4. What does Hillari think Stargirl is?
5. What is different about the jury on the Hot Seat when Stargirl is the guest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprise gift does Leo find on his porch after his birthday information is in the newspaper?
2. Why does Hillari approach Stargirl in the lunchroom and what request does she make?
3. What happens when Stargirl comes over to the table where Leo and Kevin are sitting?
4. What kind of character is Wayne?
5. What reasons does the narrator speculate might be the cause of Stargirl's popularity?
6. What kind of character is Hillari and what does the author lead the reader to believe about Hillari?
7. How does Archie make the boys realize that losing a basketball game is not the end of the world?
8. How could the character of Leo be described?
9. What does Leo notice that is different about Stargirl from the other girls?
10. How is Stargirl dressed when she comes to school on the first day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does mob mentality affect the events that happened in this book? Do you think that you are a strong enough person to resist the mentality of a mob? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay on how nationalism was portrayed in this novel and how it directly relates to the school life for all of the characters.
Essay Topic 3
Was Stargirl treated fairly in this novel? Include examples from the text to support your answer. Do you think she would have been treated differently at your school? Why or why not?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)