|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Wayne described?
2. How old is Leo in this story?
3. What is the relationship between Hillari and Wayne?
4. Why do the boys go to visit Archie?
5. In what month is Stargirl supposed to appear on Hot Seat?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stargirl react when the jury begins asking her aggressive and rude questions?
2. Describe the Old Saguaro and what do Leo, Kevin and Archie call it?
3. How do the people react to Stargirl's cheerleading?
4. Who is Ron Kovac and what happens when he is injured?
5. What happens when Stargirl comes over to the table where Leo and Kevin are sitting?
6. What does Archie do when Leo and Kevin complain about their team losing the basketball game?
7. What is the typical setup for the Hot Seat show that Leo and Kevin put on?
8. Who is the narrator of this book?
9. What happens when the Electrons lose to Glendale?
10. How does the author describe Stargirl's behavior and what are some specific examples of her behavior?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does age and the ability to reflect change how Leo views Stargirl and himself? Do you think he wishes he could have done things differently? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In what way is the character of Archie a philosopher? Do you think he is helpful to the boys? If so, how? If not, why not? Do you think he should have shared more with the boys to prevent what happened at the end with Stargirl? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What do Cinnamon and Stargirl seem to have that Leo seems to have lost? Do you think most people are more like Stargirl or Leo? Why?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)