|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what topic does Stargirl give the winning speech?
(a) Peer relations.
(c) Elf Owl.
2. What does Stargirl do at lunch the next day?
(a) She sits with Leo.
(b) She sits with her friends.
(c) She does not come to lunch.
(d) She sings and plays her ukulele.
3. Why does Hillari drop Cinnamon instead of throwing him over the railing?
(a) Because Stargirl started to sing and Cinnamon came to her.
(b) Because Cinnamon bit her.
(c) Because someone grabbed him to save him.
(d) Because someone in the crowd said "don't."
4. What does Stargirl do when she is finished with her lunch?
(a) She goes over to Leo.
(b) She bursts into tears.
(c) She screams and runs out the door.
(d) She cheers for the cafeteria workers.
5. Where does Leo see the new girl for the first time?
(a) In his homeroom.
(b) On the bus.
(c) In his first class.
(d) In the cafeteria.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the jury do when the interview seems to be more tame than they like?
2. Which character tells Stargirl not to sing Happy Birthday?
3. What is the name of the group that Archie and the boys formed?
4. Why is the song Stargirl sings significant?
5. What state is Leo going to move to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Stargirl continue to get attention for her cheerleading?
2. What happens when Stargirl comes over to the table where Leo and Kevin are sitting?
3. What is the typical setup for the Hot Seat show that Leo and Kevin put on?
4. Describe the Old Saguaro and what do Leo, Kevin and Archie call it?
5. What does Archie do when Leo and Kevin complain about their team losing the basketball game?
6. What reasons does the narrator speculate might be the cause of Stargirl's popularity?
7. What does Leo's Uncle Pete give him on moving day?
8. What information does Kevin share with Leo that he learned about Stargirl?
9. What kind of character is Hillari and what does the author lead the reader to believe about Hillari?
10. What happens the day after Hillari approached Stargirl in the cafeteria?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)