|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leo find in his notebook?
(a) A speech.
(b) A birthday card.
(c) A porcupine tie.
(d) A card from Stargirl.
2. Where does Leo see the new girl for the first time?
(a) In his first class.
(b) On the bus.
(c) In the cafeteria.
(d) In his homeroom.
3. What does Leo decide he is going to start collecting?
(a) Porcupine decorations.
(b) Porcupine quill ties.
(c) Collection of porcupine quills.
(d) Stuffed real porcupines.
4. What is the local custom that the newspaper has?
(a) It writes articles about those people who moved to the area.
(b) It writes articles about those people celebrating birthdays.
(c) It writes articles about those kids that are still in school.
(d) It writes articles about those people with odd collections.
5. What does Stargirl do at lunch the next day?
(a) She sits with her friends.
(b) She does not come to lunch.
(c) She sits with Leo.
(d) She sings and plays her ukulele.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Stargirl continue to get attention?
2. What does Stargirl do that gets her a lot of attention?
3. Why does Hillari drop Cinnamon instead of throwing him over the railing?
4. Where does Stargirl go that annoys Anna?
5. Why does the community seem to continue to accept Stargirl?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stargirl react when the jury begins asking her aggressive and rude questions?
2. Who is Ron Kovac and what happens when he is injured?
3. Describe the Old Saguaro and what do Leo, Kevin and Archie call it?
4. What kind of character is Hillari and what does the author lead the reader to believe about Hillari?
5. In what way has Stargirl changed her appearance and her name?
6. Who does Leo talk to about the situation in school and what response is he given?
7. What does Archie go to the desert to do and how does Archie seem to feel about the process?
8. Who is Mr. McShane and what is his role in the book?
9. What surprise gift does Leo find on his porch after his birthday information is in the newspaper?
10. What does Leo overhear about Stargirl and then how do these same girls tease Leo?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)