|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the song Stargirl sings significant?
(a) It is a very old song.
(b) She is as rare as the item in the song.
(c) The other kids make fun of the song.
(d) She does not know all of the words.
2. On what day does Chapter 1 begin?
(a) First day back after Christmas break.
(b) Fourth of July.
(c) First day of high school.
(d) First day of summer vacation.
3. Leo Borlock could be considered which of the following?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The antagonist.
(c) The illustrator.
(d) The author.
4. How many porcupines were on the tie Leo found on his porch?
5. Who agrees to put Stargirl on Hot Seat?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following describes the voice of the main character?
2. How old is Leo in this story?
3. What kind of students does the paper mostly interview?
4. What is Kevin upset with Leo for not doing?
5. Why does the community seem to continue to accept Stargirl?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way has Stargirl changed her appearance and her name?
2. Who is Ron Kovac and what happens when he is injured?
3. How is Stargirl dressed when she comes to school on the first day?
4. Who does Leo talk to about the situation in school and what response is he given?
5. What happens at the end of the ball and what happens to Stargirl?
6. What is Streaargirl overheard doing and how do some people react to this?
7. What happens the Monday after Stargirl wins the speech contest and how does Dori react?
8. What kind of character is Hillari and what does the author lead the reader to believe about Hillari?
9. When Leo goes to see why a crowd has gathered at the top of the stairwell what does he find?
10. What does Leo ask Archie when he returns to visit fifteen years later and how does Archie respond?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)