|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the most disturbing facts about the social status for Stargirl at her school?
(a) The girls start to call her names.
(b) Leo is having a hard time talking to her because of the other kids at school.
(c) The students blame her for the basketball team not making the finals.
(d) Only the teachers at the school will speak to her.
2. What does Mr. Caraway do that surprises Leo?
(a) Gives him Stargirl's silver plate.
(b) Asks him to leave.
(c) Has a pep rally for Stargirl.
(d) Asks him to join the speech club.
3. What do Leo and Stargirl work together doing?
(a) Meditating in the desert.
(b) Riding their bikes around the town.
(c) Delivering gifts to unsuspecting strangers.
(d) Taking notes about the students at school.
4. What decision does Stargirl make at the end of this chapter?
(a) She decides to go out for the track team.
(b) She decides to run for prom queen.
(c) She decides to become a cheerleader again.
(d) She decides to enter the state oratorical contest.
5. What does Leo think about what he sees on the bulletin board?
(a) He knows it cannot be good.
(b) He tries to hide it from the others.
(c) He pretends that he posted it there.
(d) It makes him feel good inside.
6. Which of the following is not something that Leo and Stargirl do together?
(a) Walk and talk.
(b) Ride bikes together.
(c) Visit Archie.
(d) Practice Stargirl's speech.
7. What does Stargirl post on Roadrunner?
(a) Picture of Stargirl and Leo together.
(b) Newspaper article about Stargirl's speech.
(c) Announcement for a musical group.
(d) A missing poster for Cinnamon.
8. What does Leo ask Archie if he believes in?
(a) True love.
(b) Enchanted places.
9. Where are Stargirl and Leo when she shows him how she learns information from bulletin boards?
(b) Pizza parlor.
(c) Dentist's office.
(d) Grocery store.
10. What does the gift make Leo think?
(a) That Stargirl is out there watching him.
(b) That he needs to search harder to find Stargirl.
(c) That he should have been nicer to Stargirl.
(d) That he needs to get in touch in with his roots.
11. What does Leo receive a day before his birthday?
(a) A small cactus in a pot.
(b) A song dedicated to him on the radio.
(c) A gift-wrapped package.
(d) A photo of Stargirl.
12. How does Leo try to defend Stargirl?
(a) He asks why the people in the school have to judge her.
(b) He asks why the good things she does doesn't count for something?
(c) He asks why everyone else can't see the great things in her that he sees.
(d) He asks why the other people don't mind their own business.
13. What does Archie bury with Barney?
(a) A slip of paper.
(b) A picture of himself.
(c) A bone.
(d) Some rocks.
14. How does Leo feel about the new musical group?
(a) He doesn't know what to think about it.
(b) He is embarrassed.
(c) He is proud.
(d) He wants to join it.
15. How does Leo describe Stargirl's family that surprises him?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years have passed between the last chapter and this section (chapters 32-33)?
2. How is it announced that Stargirl won the contest?
3. Which of the following pairs of words best describes Stargirl?
4. Which character tried to regain the spotlight at the ball?
5. What does Stargirl tell Leo she wants to do for her job when she is an adult?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)