|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leo hear people whispering about after he and Stargirl share their first kiss?
(a) The desert.
2. What does Leo say that he feels guilty doing?
(a) Visiting the desert.
(b) Going water skiing.
(c) Searching for Stargirl.
(d) Buying a card at Hallmark.
3. What decision does Stargirl make at the end of this chapter?
(a) She decides to run for prom queen.
(b) She decides to go out for the track team.
(c) She decides to enter the state oratorical contest.
(d) She decides to become a cheerleader again.
4. What does Archie show Leo in his tool shed?
(a) Stargirl's wagon.
(c) A new fossil he found.
(d) Stargirl's office.
5. What does Stargirl challenge Leo to?
(a) A test to see who can be the nicest.
(b) A generosity test.
(c) A test of what he has learned.
(d) A test of wills.
6. What does Leo do after school the same day Stargirl walks up to Leo at lunch?
(a) He goes straight home.
(b) He goes to visit Archie.
(c) He looks for Stargirl everywhere.
(d) He tries to talk to Kevin.
7. What does Stargirl hand out in the cafeteria after the competition?
(b) Copies of her speech.
(c) Invitations to a party.
(d) Smiley face cookies.
8. What does Leo say he looks for when he reads the newspaper?
(a) Ideas about how he can surprise people.
(b) Hints as to where Stargirl may be.
(c) Acts of kindness.
(d) Information on all of his classmates.
9. What does Leo find different when he goes to lunch?
(a) No one is in the cafeteria.
(b) Kevin is eating lunch with Stargirl.
(c) All of the students are laughing at Stargirl.
(d) Stargirl is not eating with Dori.
10. How is it announced that Stargirl won the contest?
(a) It is on the radio.
(b) It is in the school paper.
(c) It is in the newspaper and on the television news.
(d) A billboard is created.
11. What does Mr. Caraway do that surprises Leo?
(a) Asks him to leave.
(b) Gives him Stargirl's silver plate.
(c) Asks him to join the speech club.
(d) Has a pep rally for Stargirl.
12. Where are Stargirl and Leo when she shows him how she learns information from bulletin boards?
(a) Dentist's office.
(b) Grocery store.
(d) Pizza parlor.
13. What does Leo tell Stargirl when she finally corners him?
(a) He says that something has to change.
(b) He says that he hasn't been avoiding her.
(c) He tells her that he is embarrassed.
(d) He asks her to help him feel differently.
14. How does the audience react to Stargirl's second speech?
(a) With silence.
(b) By yelling at her.
(c) With wild applause.
(d) By throwing things at her.
15. What does the gift make Leo think?
(a) That he should have been nicer to Stargirl.
(b) That Stargirl is out there watching him.
(c) That he needs to get in touch in with his roots.
(d) That he needs to search harder to find Stargirl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stargirl take Leo?
2. What does Stargirl's necklace identify her as?
3. What is Stargirl's speech asking the audience to listen to?
4. How does Leo try to defend Stargirl?
5. How does Leo describe his relationship with Stargirl after her transformation?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)