|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leo receive a day before his birthday?
(a) A gift-wrapped package.
(b) A photo of Stargirl.
(c) A small cactus in a pot.
(d) A song dedicated to him on the radio.
2. Which of the following terms could describe how Stargirl is being treated in school?
3. Why does Leo return to Mica?
(a) For no particular reason that he can identify.
(b) To look for Stargirl.
(c) To visit Archie.
(d) To visit the desert.
4. Which of the following pairs of words best describes Stargirl?
(a) Regretful and angry.
(b) Generous and selfless.
(c) Surprising and fanatical.
(d) Hopeful and inspiring.
5. What does Leo say that he feels guilty doing?
(a) Going water skiing.
(b) Searching for Stargirl.
(c) Visiting the desert.
(d) Buying a card at Hallmark.
6. What does Mr. Caraway do that surprises Leo?
(a) Asks him to join the speech club.
(b) Gives him Stargirl's silver plate.
(c) Asks him to leave.
(d) Has a pep rally for Stargirl.
7. Dori is a good friend to Stargirl because she does which of the following?
(a) She cheers her on no matter what.
(b) She goes with her to the speech contest.
(c) She is honest with her about her feelings.
(d) She accepts Leo as her boyfriend.
8. What does Archie show Leo in his tool shed?
(a) Stargirl's office.
(b) Stargirl's wagon.
(c) A new fossil he found.
9. What does Leo think about what he sees on the bulletin board?
(a) It makes him feel good inside.
(b) He knows it cannot be good.
(c) He tries to hide it from the others.
(d) He pretends that he posted it there.
10. What did Stargirl keep on all of the people from Mica High?
(b) A picture.
(c) A sketch she had drawn.
(d) A folder.
11. What does Kevin say Stargirl is getting?
(a) The silent treatment.
(d) A new school.
12. How does Stargirl respond when Leo tries to avoid him?
(a) She does not give up on him.
(b) She avoids coming to school.
(c) She moves on to someone else.
(d) She leaves him alone.
13. How does Stargirl arrive at the ball?
(a) In a car with Leo.
(b) Walking with Dori.
(c) Walking Cinnamon on a leash.
(d) In a bicycle side car.
14. Where does Stargirl practice her speech?
(a) In front of an audience of cacti.
(b) In front of Leo and Kevin.
(c) On the Hot Seat.
(d) In her bedroom in front of the mirror.
15. What does Leo tell Stargirl he wants to do for his job when he is an adult?
(a) TV director.
(c) Truck driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leo tell Kevin he feels?
2. How is Stargirl's room described by the author?
3. Which character seems to be growing more and more paranoid?
4. What does Stargirl challenge Leo to?
5. What makes the students in Mica bitter?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)