|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kevin say that Leo is being treated this way?
(a) Because he won't say bad things about Stargirl.
(b) Because he is now doing weird things just like Stargirl.
(c) Because he hasn't been able to find inner peace.
(d) Because he hangs out with Stargirl.
2. What conversation between Stargirl and Leo goes on for several days?
(a) A conversation about how Leo avoided her.
(b) A conversation about whether or not they are in love.
(c) A conversation about how Archie can help them with their problem.
(d) A conversation about acceptance and conformity.
3. How many years have passed between the last chapter and this section (chapters 32-33)?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 5 weeks.
4. How does Leo describe his relationship with Stargirl after her transformation?
(a) Gloriously ordinary.
(b) Very odd and strange.
(d) Too mundane.
5. What does Leo learn how to do?
(a) Ignore the people who are mean to Stargirl.
(b) Write a speech that could be in the oratorical contest.
(c) Revel and wonder about the beauty around them.
(d) Ride a bicycle.
6. What do members of the Sunflower club pledge to do?
(a) One nice thing a day.
(b) See the good in everyone.
(c) Accept people as they are.
(d) Keep the desert as it once was.
7. How does Leo tell Kevin he feels?
(a) In love.
8. What decision does Senor Saguaro indicate Leo has to make?
(a) How to teach other people about Stargirl.
(b) Which people are true friends.
(c) Who he values more.
(d) Who he can ignore and who he cannot.
9. What does Leo do after school the same day Stargirl walks up to Leo at lunch?
(a) He goes to visit Archie.
(b) He looks for Stargirl everywhere.
(c) He tries to talk to Kevin.
(d) He goes straight home.
10. How does the audience react to Stargirl's second speech?
(a) With silence.
(b) By throwing things at her.
(c) With wild applause.
(d) By yelling at her.
11. How does Leo see Stargirl at the end of this chapter?
(a) As if she is a fish out of water.
(b) As if she is speaking a foreighn language.
(c) As if she is from another planet.
(d) As if she is a photo from a hundred years ago.
12. What are Stargirl and Leo allowed to do after the contest that is different?
(a) Spend the night together.
(b) Go to the movies alone.
(c) Join the adults in the nightclub.
(d) Sleep in the desert.
13. How does Leo try to defend Stargirl?
(a) He asks why the other people don't mind their own business.
(b) He asks why the good things she does doesn't count for something?
(c) He asks why everyone else can't see the great things in her that he sees.
(d) He asks why the people in the school have to judge her.
14. What does Stargirl's necklace identify her as?
(a) Winner of the state speech contest.
(b) Member of the Ukee Dokes.
(c) Member of the Loyal Order of the Stone Bone.
(d) Desert princess.
15. Which of the following pairs of words best describes Stargirl?
(a) Surprising and fanatical.
(b) Generous and selfless.
(c) Hopeful and inspiring.
(d) Regretful and angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leo ask Archie if he believes in?
2. How does this chapter end?
3. What does Archie bury with Barney?
4. How does Leo feel about the new musical group?
5. Which character seems to be growing more and more paranoid?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)