|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people come to congratulate Stargirl when she gets back to the school?
2. When does Archie say that most people are at that more primitive place?
(a) When they are able to meditate completely.
(b) When they are coming out of sleep in the morning.
(c) When they are just drifting off to sleep in the night.
(d) When the rest of the world is sleeping and they are the only ones awake.
3. What does Leo see Stargirl do for other people to discover?
(a) Leave coins here and there.
(b) Paintings on sidewalks.
(c) Plant special seeds.
(d) Write special notes.
4. Which character tried to regain the spotlight at the ball?
5. Which of the following fictional characters does Leo say Stargirl reminds him of?
(a) The road runner.
(b) Johnny Appleseed.
(c) Paul Bunyan.
(d) Alice in Wonderland.
6. What does Leo tell Stargirl he wants to do for his job when he is an adult?
(a) TV director.
(d) Truck driver.
7. What does Mr. Caraway do that surprises Leo?
(a) Asks him to join the speech club.
(b) Asks him to leave.
(c) Gives him Stargirl's silver plate.
(d) Has a pep rally for Stargirl.
8. What does the gift make Leo think?
(a) That he needs to search harder to find Stargirl.
(b) That he needs to get in touch in with his roots.
(c) That Stargirl is out there watching him.
(d) That he should have been nicer to Stargirl.
9. Why does Leo return to Mica?
(a) To look for Stargirl.
(b) To visit Archie.
(c) To visit the desert.
(d) For no particular reason that he can identify.
10. What solution does Archie offer to Leo for his problem?
(a) He can stay away from Stargirl.
(b) He can teach his friends about Stargirl's good characteristics.
(c) He can grow thicker skin.
(d) He can learn to ignore his feelings.
11. What does Leo think about what he sees on the bulletin board?
(a) It makes him feel good inside.
(b) He tries to hide it from the others.
(c) He knows it cannot be good.
(d) He pretends that he posted it there.
12. Where does Stargirl take Leo?
(a) Her house.
(b) Lavendar field.
(d) Archie's house.
13. Which of the following is not something that Leo and Stargirl do together?
(a) Practice Stargirl's speech.
(b) Ride bikes together.
(c) Visit Archie.
(d) Walk and talk.
14. What is one of the most disturbing facts about the social status for Stargirl at her school?
(a) The students blame her for the basketball team not making the finals.
(b) The girls start to call her names.
(c) Only the teachers at the school will speak to her.
(d) Leo is having a hard time talking to her because of the other kids at school.
15. Why does Kevin say that Leo is being treated this way?
(a) Because he won't say bad things about Stargirl.
(b) Because he hasn't been able to find inner peace.
(c) Because he is now doing weird things just like Stargirl.
(d) Because he hangs out with Stargirl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leo tell Stargirl when she finally corners him?
2. What does Archie show Leo in his tool shed?
3. What does Stargirl challenge Leo to?
4. What does Stargirl's necklace identify her as?
5. What does Hillari do with what Stargirl gives her?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)