|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Stargirl practice her speech?
(a) On the Hot Seat.
(b) In her bedroom in front of the mirror.
(c) In front of an audience of cacti.
(d) In front of Leo and Kevin.
2. What solution does Archie offer to Leo for his problem?
(a) He can grow thicker skin.
(b) He can learn to ignore his feelings.
(c) He can stay away from Stargirl.
(d) He can teach his friends about Stargirl's good characteristics.
3. What surprises Leo about Stargirl's speech?
(a) She stumbles through it.
(b) It is about her own life.
(c) It is satirical in nature.
(d) It is not the speech she practiced.
4. What does Mr. Caraway do that surprises Leo?
(a) Has a pep rally for Stargirl.
(b) Gives him Stargirl's silver plate.
(c) Asks him to join the speech club.
(d) Asks him to leave.
5. Where are Stargirl and Leo when she shows him how she learns information from bulletin boards?
(a) Dentist's office.
(c) Grocery store.
(d) Pizza parlor.
6. What does Leo notice about the desert?
(a) It is blooming.
(b) It is changing.
(c) It is different.
(d) It is not the same without Stargirl.
7. How does Stargirl arrive at the ball?
(a) Walking with Dori.
(b) Walking Cinnamon on a leash.
(c) In a bicycle side car.
(d) In a car with Leo.
8. What decision does Stargirl make at the end of this chapter?
(a) She decides to become a cheerleader again.
(b) She decides to enter the state oratorical contest.
(c) She decides to go out for the track team.
(d) She decides to run for prom queen.
9. Where does Stargirl take Leo?
(a) Archie's house.
(b) Lavendar field.
(d) Her house.
10. How does the audience react to Stargirl's second speech?
(a) By throwing things at her.
(b) With wild applause.
(c) By yelling at her.
(d) With silence.
11. How is the student who asks Stargirl to dance described?
12. How does Stargirl respond when Leo tries to avoid him?
(a) She avoids coming to school.
(b) She moves on to someone else.
(c) She leaves him alone.
(d) She does not give up on him.
13. What did Stargirl keep on all of the people from Mica High?
(a) A picture.
(b) A folder.
(c) A sketch she had drawn.
14. What word does Archie explain to Leo for the first time?
15. What does the gift make Leo think?
(a) That he needs to search harder to find Stargirl.
(b) That he should have been nicer to Stargirl.
(c) That Stargirl is out there watching him.
(d) That he needs to get in touch in with his roots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Leo return to Mica?
2. How is it announced that Stargirl won the contest?
3. What do the girls tease Leo about?
4. Why does Archie ask Leo to drive him out into the desert?
5. What are Stargirl and Leo allowed to do after the contest that is different?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)