|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leo notice about the desert?
(a) It is different.
(b) It is blooming.
(c) It is not the same without Stargirl.
(d) It is changing.
2. Which character tried to regain the spotlight at the ball?
3. What is Stargirl's speech asking the audience to listen to?
(a) The future.
(b) The past.
(c) The desert.
(d) The youth.
4. Which character seems unaware of the cold treatment being dished out at school?
5. Why does Leo sneak out of school?
(a) To have time alone with Stargirl.
(b) To avoid Stargirl.
(c) To visit Archie.
(d) To help the singing group prepare.
6. What is a Moa?
(a) A type of cactus.
(b) A desert animal, similar to a mouse.
(c) A big extinct bird.
(d) A long poisonous type of snake.
7. What does Kevin say Stargirl is getting?
(a) The silent treatment.
(b) A new school.
8. What does Stargirl do now instead of doing good deeds?
(a) She hangs out with other girls.
(b) She reads books.
(c) She loves to shop.
(d) She sits and listens to Leo talk.
9. What are Stargirl and Leo allowed to do after the contest that is different?
(a) Spend the night together.
(b) Go to the movies alone.
(c) Sleep in the desert.
(d) Join the adults in the nightclub.
10. Which of the following fictional characters does Leo say Stargirl reminds him of?
(a) Paul Bunyan.
(b) The road runner.
(c) Alice in Wonderland.
(d) Johnny Appleseed.
11. What does Leo receive a day before his birthday?
(a) A song dedicated to him on the radio.
(b) A photo of Stargirl.
(c) A small cactus in a pot.
(d) A gift-wrapped package.
12. How is Stargirl's room described by the author?
(a) Cluttered and full.
(b) Different and charming.
(c) Spacious and barren.
(d) Normal and ordinary.
13. How many people come to congratulate Stargirl when she gets back to the school?
14. What was on the tie Leo has?
15. How does Leo try to defend Stargirl?
(a) He asks why everyone else can't see the great things in her that he sees.
(b) He asks why the good things she does doesn't count for something?
(c) He asks why the people in the school have to judge her.
(d) He asks why the other people don't mind their own business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dori is a good friend to Stargirl because she does which of the following?
2. What song did the band play that Stargirl led a group of dancers during?
3. What decision does Stargirl make at the end of this chapter?
4. How is it announced that Stargirl won the contest?
5. How do Stargirl and Leo celebrate?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)