|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Archie bury with Barney?
(a) A slip of paper.
(b) A bone.
(c) Some rocks.
(d) A picture of himself.
2. What does Leo see Stargirl do for other people to discover?
(a) Paintings on sidewalks.
(b) Leave coins here and there.
(c) Plant special seeds.
(d) Write special notes.
3. Where are Stargirl and Leo when she shows him how she learns information from bulletin boards?
(a) Grocery store.
(b) Pizza parlor.
(d) Dentist's office.
4. What is Stargirl doing for her five-year-old neighbor?
(a) Creating a painting of him.
(b) Completing a picture biography of him.
(c) Hiding special treats for him around the yard.
(d) Writing down special events in his life in a journal.
5. What does Stargirl post on Roadrunner?
(a) Picture of Stargirl and Leo together.
(b) Newspaper article about Stargirl's speech.
(c) A missing poster for Cinnamon.
(d) Announcement for a musical group.
6. What does Stargirl do when there is a decision to make?
(a) She asks Leo what Evelyn Everybody would do.
(b) She refuses to make a decision.
(c) She waits to see what the other girls are doing first.
(d) She asks Leo what he thinks she should do.
7. What is one of the most disturbing facts about the social status for Stargirl at her school?
(a) Leo is having a hard time talking to her because of the other kids at school.
(b) The students blame her for the basketball team not making the finals.
(c) The girls start to call her names.
(d) Only the teachers at the school will speak to her.
8. What does Leo think about what he sees on the bulletin board?
(a) He tries to hide it from the others.
(b) It makes him feel good inside.
(c) He knows it cannot be good.
(d) He pretends that he posted it there.
9. How is Stargirl's room described by the author?
(a) Normal and ordinary.
(b) Spacious and barren.
(c) Cluttered and full.
(d) Different and charming.
10. Which character tried to regain the spotlight at the ball?
11. What decision does Senor Saguaro indicate Leo has to make?
(a) Which people are true friends.
(b) Who he can ignore and who he cannot.
(c) How to teach other people about Stargirl.
(d) Who he values more.
12. What does Leo notice about the desert?
(a) It is changing.
(b) It is not the same without Stargirl.
(c) It is different.
(d) It is blooming.
13. Which of the following pairs of words best describes Stargirl?
(a) Regretful and angry.
(b) Generous and selfless.
(c) Hopeful and inspiring.
(d) Surprising and fanatical.
14. How does Stargirl respond when Leo tries to avoid him?
(a) She moves on to someone else.
(b) She avoids coming to school.
(c) She does not give up on him.
(d) She leaves him alone.
15. What surprises Leo about Stargirl's speech?
(a) It is not the speech she practiced.
(b) It is satirical in nature.
(c) It is about her own life.
(d) She stumbles through it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the girls tease Leo about?
2. What song did the band play that Stargirl led a group of dancers during?
3. What does the gift make Leo think?
4. How does Stargirl arrive at the ball?
5. How many people come to congratulate Stargirl when she gets back to the school?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)