|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys decide to do in regards to Stargirl Caraway?
(a) Write an article about her.
(b) Follow her.
(c) Try to make friends with her.
(d) Include her in their group.
2. What does the jury do when the interview seems to be more tame than they like?
(a) They get up and leave.
(b) They begin a personal attack.
(c) They throw things at Stargirl.
(d) They shut off the camera and end the interview.
3. What conclusion do the boys come to about Stargirl?
(a) She should try out for the school play.
(b) She is not fitting in to the school.
(c) She is unable to communicate with the other students.
(d) She cannot be real.
4. Where does the book say the character Archie lives?
(a) Behind the school.
(b) In a house of bones.
(c) Next to the museum.
(d) Near a cemetary.
5. Why do the boys go to see Archie?
(a) To visit Senor Saguaro.
(b) To ask for his advice.
(c) To listen to one of his stories.
(d) To tell him what happened to Stargirl.
6. Why does Hillari drop Cinnamon instead of throwing him over the railing?
(a) Because Cinnamon bit her.
(b) Because someone grabbed him to save him.
(c) Because Stargirl started to sing and Cinnamon came to her.
(d) Because someone in the crowd said "don't."
7. What state does Leo currently live in?
(a) New York.
(c) New Mexico.
8. Why does the community seem to continue to accept Stargirl?
(a) Because they need her to cheer for basketball season.
(b) Because they are not sure what she will do next.
(c) Because she always seems to surprise them.
(d) Because she has made the right friends.
9. What does Stargirl do when she is finished with her lunch?
(a) She goes over to Leo.
(b) She bursts into tears.
(c) She screams and runs out the door.
(d) She cheers for the cafeteria workers.
10. What is Kevin upset with Leo for not doing?
(a) He is upset with Kevin for not finding out where Stargirl lives.
(b) He is upset with Kevin for not setting up an interview with Stargirl.
(c) He is upset with Kevin for not eating lunch with Stargirl.
(d) He is upset with Kevin for not following Stargirl all day.
11. Which character does Stargirl sing Happy Birthday to?
12. By what month does Stargirl become the most popular person in school?
13. Which character tells Stargirl not to sing Happy Birthday?
14. What kind of students does the paper mostly interview?
(a) New students and honor students.
(b) Athletes and new students.
(c) Honor students and athletes.
(d) All students throughout the year.
15. What does Stargirl do at lunch the next day?
(a) She sings and plays her ukulele.
(b) She sits with Leo.
(c) She sits with her friends.
(d) She does not come to lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Stargirl do in geometry class?
2. What question does Kevin ask Leo?
3. What animal does the narrator compare Stargirl to?
4. What do the students seem to be copying from Stargirl?
5. How is Wayne described?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)