|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state does Leo currently live in?
(a) New York.
(b) New Mexico.
2. Which of the following is the name of the school paper?
(a) Round the Building.
(b) Home Bound.
(c) Hot Seat.
(d) Open Stairs.
3. How does Leo act when Stargirl talks to him?
4. Who agrees to put Stargirl on Hot Seat?
5. What does Hillari think Stargirl is?
(a) A boy.
(b) A vegetable.
(c) A plant.
6. Which of the following describes the voice of the main character?
7. What does Leo find in his notebook?
(a) A speech.
(b) A card from Stargirl.
(c) A porcupine tie.
(d) A birthday card.
8. What does Stargirl do after she was on the Hot Seat?
(a) She stops coming to school.
(b) She becomes very withdrawn.
(c) She goes back to doing good deeds.
(d) She starts singing more and more songs.
9. What is Stargirl's normal attire?
(b) Indian outfit.
(c) Pioneer dress.
(d) Flapper dress.
10. What happens at the end of the song?
(a) Stargirl gets up on the table and sings some more.
(b) Hillari stomps out and the other students applaud.
(c) All of the children in the cafeteria point and laugh.
(d) Hillari confronts Stargirl.
11. Which of the following is not one of Hillari's theories about Stargirl?
(a) She thinks she is trying out for a movie.
(b) She thinks she is a policeman in disguise.
(c) She thinks she is an alien.
(d) She is a plant.
12. Why does Stargirl say that she sang to Leo instead of Hillari?
(a) Because he is cute.
(b) To make Hillari mad.
(c) Because Hillari asked her not to sing to her.
(d) Because she felt compelled to sing to someone.
13. Which character does Stargirl sing Happy Birthday to?
14. What are the questions on the Hot Seat intended to do?
(a) Be inspiring.
(b) Be controversial.
(c) Be thought provoking.
(d) Be respectful.
15. Why does Mallory sit with Stargirl at lunch?
(a) To tell her never to come back to a football game.
(b) To ask her what her problem is.
(c) To try to make friends with her.
(d) To ask her to become a cheerleader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the song Stargirl sings significant?
2. What does she bring to school every day in a canvas bag?
3. Why does Stargirl continue to get attention?
4. What state is Leo going to move to?
5. What does Stargirl say to Leo in this chapter?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)