|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character tells Stargirl not to sing Happy Birthday?
2. What kind of students does the paper mostly interview?
(a) Athletes and new students.
(b) All students throughout the year.
(c) Honor students and athletes.
(d) New students and honor students.
3. Why is the song Stargirl sings significant?
(a) The other kids make fun of the song.
(b) She is as rare as the item in the song.
(c) It is a very old song.
(d) She does not know all of the words.
4. Who does Stargirl sit with in the cafeteria?
(a) No one.
(b) A group of girls.
5. What conclusion do the boys come to about Stargirl?
(a) She cannot be real.
(b) She should try out for the school play.
(c) She is not fitting in to the school.
(d) She is unable to communicate with the other students.
6. Which of the following is true about Hillari?
(a) She is quiet.
(b) She is a hoaxer.
(c) She is gorgeous.
(d) She is known for never complaining.
7. What do the boys decide to do in regards to Stargirl Caraway?
(a) Write an article about her.
(b) Try to make friends with her.
(c) Include her in their group.
(d) Follow her.
8. Why does Stargirl continue to get attention?
(a) For her strange behavior.
(b) For her odd clothes.
(c) For her cheerleading.
(d) For her speech skills.
9. Leo Borlock could be considered which of the following?
(a) The illustrator.
(b) The author.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The antagonist.
10. What causes Stargirl to leave the gym at the away game?
(a) The fact that the team is winning.
(b) The fact that the gym is packed.
(c) The need by the fans and team to destroy the other team.
(d) The fact that no one is listening to her anymore.
11. What is a Saguaro?
12. What are the questions on the Hot Seat intended to do?
(a) Be respectful.
(b) Be controversial.
(c) Be inspiring.
(d) Be thought provoking.
13. What does Stargirl do when she gets up out of her seat in the cafeteria?
(a) She walks out of the cafeteria.
(b) She goes over and introduces herself to different people.
(c) She plays the ukulele and sings.
(d) She gets on the table and dances around.
14. Who agrees to put Stargirl on Hot Seat?
15. Where does Leo see the new girl for the first time?
(a) On the bus.
(b) In the cafeteria.
(c) In his homeroom.
(d) In his first class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about the jury on the Hot Seat when Stargirl is the guest?
2. Which of the following describes the voice of the main character?
3. What happens to Stargirl?
4. In what month is Stargirl supposed to appear on Hot Seat?
5. Which of the following is not one of Hillari's theories about Stargirl?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)