* The story opens as we learn that twelve year old Leo Borlock is going to be moving from his home in Pennsylvania.
* He is moving to Mica, Arizona.
* On his moving day, his Uncle Pete gives him his porcupine quill tie that Leo had always liked.
* Time passes, to two years later when Leo is now fourteen.
* The local Mica, Arizona, newspaper writes an article about Leo because it is his birthday (as is their tradition).
* Later that day Leo finds a gift of a tie imprinted with three porcupines on his porch.
* Leo and his friends are starting high school and this is their first day.
* All the talk at the high school is about the new girl named Stargirl Caraway.
* She is wearing a long off-white gown with ruffles around the neck and the hem, and carries a ukulele and a canvas bag with...
This section contains 2,869 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)