• The story opens as we learn that twelve year old Leo Borlock is going to be moving from his home in Pennsylvania.
• He is moving to Mica, Arizona.
• On his moving day, his Uncle Pete gives him his porcupine quill tie that Leo had always liked.
• Time passes, to two years later when Leo is now fourteen.
• The local Mica, Arizona, newspaper writes an article about Leo because it is his birthday (as is their tradition).
• Later that day Leo finds a gift of a tie imprinted with three porcupines on his porch.
• Leo and his friends are starting high school and this is their first day.
• All the talk at the high school is about the new girl named Stargirl Caraway.
• She is wearing a long off-white gown with ruffles around the neck and the hem, and carries a ukulele and a canvas...
This section contains 2,897 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)