|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Primus's horses to the stable?
2. Who tells Tristran the truth about his birth?
3. Who kills Primus?
4. How do the Lilim's sisters feel when she contacts them?
5. Where does Semele transform Tristran back to a human?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Tristran and Yvaine realize when Tristran returns from Wall?
2. What happens when Tristran asks the woman with the bird for a ride to Wall?
3. What does Tristran dream about after the star leaves him?
4. What does Primus warn Tristran of while they ride together?
5. What allows the slave girl to be set free?
6. How do Tristran and the star get out of the cloud?
7. What does the slave girl tell Tristran to do after she is freed, and why?
8. What does the Lilim do after the commotion at the inn?
9. What happens when the Lilim encounters Yvaine once more?
10. What does the star say to Primus when he sees the topaz around her neck?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Tristran and Yvaine's relationship change over the course of this book, and what were the major causes of these changes?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the main elements of foreshadowing from this book, and how did their fulfillment shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How did the literary tool of symbolism affect this plot, and what were some of the most important symbols?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)