|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tristran see fighting a unicorn?
2. Why does Tristran stop at a village before going to Wall?
3. Where is the 81st Lord of Stormhold taken when he dies?
4. What changes around Tristran as he travels through Faerie?
5. How did the 81st Lord of Stormhold become the Lord?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the 81st Lord of Stormhold obtain the throne?
2. What does Tristran's father give him as he leaves Wall on his journey?
3. How does the 81st Lord of Stormhold decide to choose the heir to the throne?
4. What is Tristran able to do in Faerie that is strange and surprising?
5. What happens when the star falls into the forest?
6. What package is delivered through the gap in the wall nine months after the fair?
7. What surprises Tristran so much when he sees the star?
8. What happens when the Lilim learns that Semele has given her limbus grass?
9. How is Tristran able to get through the gap in the wall when no one is allowed?
10. What happens to Brevis in the marketplace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are some of the people who felt obligated to protect the star, and how did they go about doing this?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the main elements of foreshadowing from this book, and how did their fulfillment shape the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What was the unicorn's role in this book, and how did his presence alter Tristran's life?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)