|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the star wearing the topaz?
2. What happens in Wall every ninth year?
3. Who arranges Tertius's death?
4. Who sleeps with Letitia at the inn?
5. Where does Tristran work at night and during the weekend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What package is delivered through the gap in the wall nine months after the fair?
2. What happens when Tommy and Alum fight over Bridget?
3. How does the 81st Lord of Stormhold decide to choose the heir to the throne?
4. What surprises Tristran so much when he sees the star?
5. What is Tristran able to do in Faerie that is strange and surprising?
6. What happens to Brevis in the marketplace?
7. What does the slave girl tell Dunstan she wants when they are in the meadow together?
8. What does Charmed say when he hears why Tristran has come to Faerie?
9. What does the wind from the east do for Tristran when he is in the store in Wall?
10. What does the 81st Lord of Stormhold say he is disappointed in his living sons for just before his death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Violence was something that is resorted to a number of times in this book, and yet some characters felt justified in their violent actions. Who are some of these characters, and how did their feeling about violence affect their place in the plot and the characters who were in contact with them?
Essay Topic 2
How did Tristran's ambition and adventurous nature set him apart from all the other people in Wall? What are some of the good and bad things associated with his adventurous nature?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of manipulation from this book, and how would the plot have been different had these betrayals not have occurred?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)