|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must be found for the 82nd Lord of Stormhold to be crowned?
2. Why is the star wearing the topaz?
3. What effect does limbus grass have on people?
4. What are the Lilim?
5. Why has the 81st Lord of Stormhold called people to his bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Tristran able to get through the gap in the wall when no one is allowed?
2. What does Primus do when he stops at a seaside town?
3. What does Tristran's father give him as he leaves Wall on his journey?
4. What happens when the Lilim learns that Semele has given her limbus grass?
5. What does the wind from the east do for Tristran when he is in the store in Wall?
6. What happens when Tommy and Alum fight over Bridget?
7. What is Tristran able to do in Faerie that is strange and surprising?
8. What happens to Brevis in the marketplace?
9. What is Dunstan looking for when he finds the slave girl, and what does he buy from her?
10. What does the slave girl tell Dunstan she wants when they are in the meadow together?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Courage and fear are two very important themes that overlap in this book many times. What are some examples of this, and how do these examples affect the progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What was the unicorn's role in this book, and how did his presence alter Tristran's life?
Essay Topic 3
Violence was something that is resorted to a number of times in this book, and yet some characters felt justified in their violent actions. Who are some of these characters, and how did their feeling about violence affect their place in the plot and the characters who were in contact with them?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)