|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tristran practice doing before seeing the star in the inn?
(b) Pretending not to know her.
(d) Kissing properly.
2. Who takes Primus's horses to the stable?
(b) The Lilim.
3. What kind of star is she?
(a) An evening star.
(b) A constellation star.
(c) A polar star.
(d) A morning star.
4. What is the only magic Septimus possesses?
(a) Seeing what powers others have.
(b) Knowing when people are lying to him.
(c) Strange stamina.
(d) A knack for knowing where things are.
5. What is laying on the nightstand in the star's room in the inn?
(a) Some wine.
(b) A knife.
(c) A pair of scissors.
(d) Some clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Tristran the truth about his birth?
2. How does the star feel when she sees the inn?
3. Who kills Septimus?
4. What is the star's name?
5. What happens to the Lilim after she changes her goats and her chariot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Tristran able to board the carriage?
2. In what condition does the witch want the star's heart, and why?
3. What happens after the candle is lit for the second time?
4. What does the Lilim do at the crossroads?
5. What does Morwanneg ask Semele when they meet at Diggory's Dyke, and how does she respond?
6. What does the star say to Primus when he sees the topaz around her neck?
7. How does the woman with the bird react to the star?
8. What does Tristran do when he sees a colorful bird in a bush?
9. What is the only kind of magic Septimus possesses?
10. What does the Lilim do after the commotion at the inn?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)