|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Primus's horses to the stable?
(c) The Lilim.
2. What is Tristran told to listen to when he needs help the most?
(a) A leaf.
(b) His heart.
(c) A flower.
(d) His instincts.
3. How does Tristran feel when he is denied entrance into Wall?
4. What kind of animal delivers a message to Tristran?
(a) A badger.
(b) A bear.
(c) A beaver.
(d) A bull.
5. What does Tristran do to help the carriage?
(a) Pushes it out of a mud hole.
(b) Removes a branch from the path.
(c) Defends it from wolves.
(d) Mends a broken wheel.
6. What is the only magic Septimus possesses?
(a) Strange stamina.
(b) Seeing what powers others have.
(c) A knack for knowing where things are.
(d) Knowing when people are lying to him.
7. What does the Lilim call herself when not with the other witches?
8. How is Tristran injured during the commotion at the inn?
(a) His hand is burned.
(b) His arm is broken.
(c) His leg is stabbed.
(d) His ankle is twisted.
9. How is Primus killed?
(a) He is poisoned.
(b) He is strangled.
(c) He is stabbed in the heart.
(d) His throat is slashed.
10. What does the Lilim change her chariot into?
(a) A cottage.
(b) An inn.
(c) A bakery.
(d) A stable.
11. How does Tristran know the star is at the inn?
(a) He is told by the leaf.
(b) He senses her.
(c) He sees her light in the window.
(d) He sees the unicorn.
12. Whom does the man in the carriage say unicorns obey?
(a) The stars.
(c) The moon.
(d) Royal humans.
13. What do the ghosts do after Septimus's death?
(a) Look for Tristran.
(c) Cry and weep.
14. Where does the candle take Tristran and the star?
(a) To the wall.
(b) To the woods.
(c) To a nearby city.
(d) To some clouds.
15. What does the Lilim use to see her sisters?
(a) The unicorn's blood.
(b) A magic ring.
(c) A mirror.
(d) Some runes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Yvaine what will happen to her if she crosses the wall?
2. What is the name of the sky-ship that comes to them in the clouds?
3. What does the unicorn do before the witch kills it?
4. Why does Semele not recognize Morwanneg in Chapter 9?
5. What does Septimus find where the inn had been?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)