Chapter 1, In Which We Learn of the Village of Wall, and of the Curious Thing That Occurs There Every Nine Years
1. Where did the Village of Wall get its name?
(a) From the first reigning lord.
(b) From a kind woman who lived there many years ago.
(c) From an ancient map.
(d) From the long wall at its border.
2. What happens in Wall every ninth year?
(a) A stone is added to the wall.
(b) Someone goes through the wall.
(c) Someone gets married.
(d) A stone is taken from the wall.
3. What month does this story begin in?
4. How is Dunstan described at the beginning of the book?
5. What is the name of the woman Dunstan is courting in Chapter 1?
6. How old is Dunstan when this book begins?
7. What does the man from London share with Dunstan at the beginning of the book?
8. Where does the man from London stay during the fair?
(a) Dunstan's cottage.
(b) The woods.
(c) The inn.
(d) Dana's barn.
This section contains 3,928 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)