|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: "W. E. B. Du Bois," Chapters 21-23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did minstrel shows emerge in the U.S.?
(a) The 1830s.
(b) The 1820s.
(c) The 1850s.
(d) The 1790s.
2. Where was John Woolman from?
(a) New York.
(b) New Jersey.
(c) New Hampshire.
3. How many of the 1.1 million men, women, and children in the U.S. contraband camps died during the Civil War?
(a) One in six.
(b) One in ten.
(c) One in three.
(d) One in four.
4. What abolitionist Quaker pointed to Black exhibits from his Providence school as proof of equality in the races?
(a) Samuel Sewall.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) Hendrik Cesars.
(d) Moses Brown.
5. Who was impeached on the day after W. E. B. Du Bois was born?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(c) Andrew Johnson.
(d) Andrew Jackson.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what Black newspaper did T. Thomas Fortune run and that W. E. B. Du Bois began his publishing career?
2. Who was responsible for the murders in the Charleson church shooting?
3. Who wrote Through the Dark Continent in 1878?
4. When did John Locke move to London to become the personal physician of Lord Cooper?
5. When was the decision found in the Dred Scott v. Sandford case?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)