|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: "Cotton Mather," Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Pedro de Las Casas publish History of the Indes?
2. When did Charles II restore the English throne?
3. Who wrote The Principal Navigations, Voyages, and Discoveries of the English Nation?
(a) Richard Hakluyt.
(b) Paul Baynes.
(c) Georges Cuvier.
(d) Morgan Godwyn.
4. What church did Increase Mather helm?
(a) The Episcopalian Church of Boston.
(b) The Quaker Church of Boston.
(c) The North Church of Boston.
(d) The South Church of Boston.
5. Who wrote The Selling of Joseph?
(a) George Fox.
(b) Thomas Bray.
(c) Morgan Godwyn.
(d) Samuel Sewall.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Jean Bodin theorize that "intimate relations between the men and beasts ... still give birth to monsters in Africa" (31)?
2. Who organized the Society for the Propagation of the Gosphel in Foreign Parts in 1701?
3. When did Freddie Gray die while in police custody?
4. When did the Salem witch trials take place?
5. Who killed Michael Brown?
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)