|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: "Cotton Mather," Chapters 4-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Sandra Bland found hanged in her jail cell?
(a) March 15, 2011.
(b) June 15, 2014.
(c) July 13, 2015.
(d) March 26, 2013.
2. Who wrote The Principal Navigations, Voyages, and Discoveries of the English Nation?
(a) Morgan Godwyn.
(b) Paul Baynes.
(c) Richard Hakluyt.
(d) Georges Cuvier.
3. The author indicates that at the time the book was written, Federal data shows that the median wealth of White households is how many more times the median wealth of Black households?
(a) 9 times more.
(b) 5 times more.
(c) 13 times more.
(d) 4 times more.
4. When did Virginia rule that Christian baptism does not alter "the condition of a person to his bondage" (49)?
5. When did John Cotton draft the first constitution of New England?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the treatise Commentary on Ephesians?
2. What name was Al-Hasan Ibn Muhammad al-Wazzan al-Fasi given when he was released from slavery?
3. When was Cotton Mather born?
4. How much of the nation's wealth is owned by African Americans?
5. Whose acquittal in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin set off the #Black Lives Matter movement?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)