|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: "W. E. B. Du Bois," Chapters 27-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote The Mis-Education of the Negro?
(a) Marie-Guillemine Benoist.
(b) Henry W. Grady.
(c) Carter G. Woodson.
(d) Walter White.
2. What group described by the author in the Prologue "has blamed Black people themselves for the racial disparities" (2)?
3. Who was impeached on the day after W. E. B. Du Bois was born?
(a) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(b) Andrew Johnson.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Andrew Jackson.
4. Who had sex on the Ark despite having been told not to, according to Genesis of the Bible?
5. When did Matthew Butler and John Tyler Morgan introduce a congressional bill to fund Black emigration to Africa?
(a) January 1, 1863.
(b) June 25, 1890.
(c) February 23, 1868.
(d) January 7, 1890.
Short Answer Questions
1. What abolitionist claimed in a paper related on July 14, 1797 that Blackness was a result of a disease such as leprosy?
2. In the Declaration of Causes issued by Florida's secessionists, they maintained that Blacks must be enslaved because everywhere "their natural tendency" was toward what (214)?
3. Who wrote Heredity in Relation to Eugenics?
4. What name was Al-Hasan Ibn Muhammad al-Wazzan al-Fasi given when he was released from slavery?
5. When did Spanish merchant Pedro de Las Casas settle in Hispaniola?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)