|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4: "W. E. B. Du Bois," Chapters 27-29.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Black revolt of September 8, 1791, a force of 100,000 African freedom fighters had killed more than how many enslavers within two months?
2. What act on March 26, 1790 limited citizenship to "free white persons" of "good character" (121)?
(a) The Naturalization Act.
(b) The Segregation Act.
(c) The Confiscation Act.
(d) The Emancipation Act.
3. When did Jefferson Davis take the presidential oath of the new Confederate States of America?
(a) March, 1857.
(b) July, 1865.
(c) February, 1861.
(d) June, 1860.
4. When did General Lee's army surrender, ending the Civil War?
(a) July 21, 1861.
(b) April 9, 1865.
(c) January 1, 1863.
(d) January 31, 1865.
5. What was declared in the decision of Brown v. the Board of Education of Topeka?
(a) Black Americans should be able to vote.
(b) Schools should be separate but equal.
(c) School segregation was constitutional.
(d) School segregation was unconstitutional.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Nat Turner organize and execture one of the country's most notorious slave rebellions?
2. Who is referred to in Chapter 11 as "That rare segregationist who rejected polygenesis," believing "that all humans descended from Europe's Garden of Eden" (138)?
3. Who wrote Through the Dark Continent in 1878?
4. Who painted Portrait d'une negresse in 1800?
5. Who invented the mechanical cotton gin?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)