|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: "Thomas Jefferson," Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Pedro de Las Casas publish History of the Indes?
2. What church did Increase Mather helm?
(a) The North Church of Boston.
(b) The Quaker Church of Boston.
(c) The South Church of Boston.
(d) The Episcopalian Church of Boston.
3. The author indicates that at the time the book was written, Federal data shows that the median wealth of White households is how many more times the median wealth of Black households?
(a) 5 times more.
(b) 4 times more.
(c) 9 times more.
(d) 13 times more.
4. Who was responsible for the murders in the Charleson church shooting?
(a) George Zimmerman.
(b) Dylann Roof.
(c) Darren Wilson.
(d) Dante Servin.
5. Where was John Woolman from?
(a) New York.
(b) New Jersey.
(d) New Hampshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Germantown Petition Against Slavery produced?
2. What fort were the Portuguese beginning building in 1481?
3. According to the author in Chapter 7, who became associated to associating "lightness and Whiteness and reason, on the one hand and ... darkness and Blackness and ignorance, on the other" (81)?
4. Who organized the Society for the Propagation of the Gosphel in Foreign Parts in 1701?
5. When did Jean Bodin theorize that "intimate relations between the men and beasts ... still give birth to monsters in Africa" (31)?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)