|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: "William Lloyd Garrison," Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote The Principal Navigations, Voyages, and Discoveries of the English Nation?
(a) Morgan Godwyn.
(b) Georges Cuvier.
(c) Richard Hakluyt.
(d) Paul Baynes.
2. When did Phillis Wheatley publish her first poem?
3. Where was John Woolman from?
(a) New York.
(b) New Hampshire.
(c) New Jersey.
4. When did General Lee's army surrender, ending the Civil War?
(a) July 21, 1861.
(b) January 31, 1865.
(c) January 1, 1863.
(d) April 9, 1865.
5. When did Thomas Jefferson's father die?
(a) April 17, 1790.
(b) August 17, 1757.
(c) December 24, 1860.
(d) April 11, 1803.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union issued?
2. When did Jean Bodin theorize that "intimate relations between the men and beasts ... still give birth to monsters in Africa" (31)?
3. The author states in Chapter 5 that tobacco exports in the Mid-Atlantic regions increased from 20,000 pounds in 1619 to how many by 1700?
4. What theory did Aristotle develop to justify Greek superiority?
5. What new era was emerging at the time that Thomas Jefferson was born?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)