|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: "William Lloyd Garrison," Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fort were the Portuguese beginning building in 1481?
2. When did Pedro de Las Casas publish History of the Indes?
3. When did Abraham Lincoln raise the Union Army to put down the "insurrection" during the secession (215)?
(a) July 4, 1863.
(b) April 15, 1861.
(c) December 24, 1860.
(d) March 6, 1857.
4. What organization did Cotton Mather co-fund in 1683?
(a) The Society for Western Enlightenment.
(b) The Society for Free Speech.
(c) The Society for Abolition.
(d) The Boston Philosophical Society.
5. When did the Salem witch trials take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What church did Increase Mather helm?
2. When was the decision found in the Dred Scott v. Sandford case?
3. When was the Germantown Petition Against Slavery produced?
4. When did Virginia rule that Christian baptism does not alter "the condition of a person to his bondage" (49)?
5. Where was John Woolman from?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)