|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: "William Lloyd Garrison," Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization did Cotton Mather co-fund in 1683?
(a) The Society for Western Enlightenment.
(b) The Boston Philosophical Society.
(c) The Society for Abolition.
(d) The Society for Free Speech.
2. On what date did both Thomas Jefferson and John Adams die?
(a) April 17, 1790.
(b) July 4, 1826.
(c) August 17, 1757.
(d) April 11, 1803.
3. Who became "one of the first African Americans to publicly attack the idea of uplift suasion" in the 1830s (179)?
(a) Thomas Bray.
(b) Peter Paul Simons.
(c) Morgan Godwyn.
(d) George Fox.
4. When did Charles II restore the English throne?
5. Who issued his Reconstruction proclamations on May 29, 1865, deflating the hopes of civil rights activists?
(a) Hendrik Cesars.
(b) Andrew Johnson.
(c) Alexander Stephens.
(d) Thaddeus Stevens.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the decision found in the Dred Scott v. Sandford case?
2. When was Thomas Jefferson born?
3. Who wrote Essay on Universal History in 1756?
4. Who made his revelation in a 1680 pamphlet criticizing racist planters for making "those two words, Negro and Slave" synonymous (51)?
5. Who wrote the treatise Commentary on Ephesians?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)