|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: "William Lloyd Garrison," Chapters 17-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Salem witch trials take place?
2. When did Abraham Lincoln raise the Union Army to put down the "insurrection" during the secession (215)?
(a) July 4, 1863.
(b) December 24, 1860.
(c) April 15, 1861.
(d) March 6, 1857.
3. Who wrote the treatise Commentary on Ephesians?
(a) Paul Baynes.
(b) Georges Cuvier.
(c) Morgan Godwyn.
(d) Thomas Bray.
4. When did John Locke move to London to become the personal physician of Lord Cooper?
5. What does AFIC stand for?
(a) The American Farmers' Insurance Commission.
(b) The American Freedmen's Inquiry Commission.
(c) The American Financial Investigation Commission.
(d) The American Fascist Industrialist Convention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had the population of Boston grown to by the time of John Adams's death?
2. What Swedish Enlightenment thinker developed early systems of human and animal classification that distinguished humans into four separate racial species in 1735?
3. When was Thomas Jefferson born?
4. What act was passed in 1861 that declared that slave holders forfeited their ownership of any property, including slaves, used by the Confederate Army?
5. Who organized the Society for the Propagation of the Gosphel in Foreign Parts in 1701?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)