|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cole hear Eddie Tang say to Mimi at the lake house that is very unexpected?
2. What does the man who rents Cole and Pike a boat at Arrowhead Village tell them to watch out for while on the water?
3. What does Mimi do to herself as she talks to Cole at Kira Asano's estate?
4. Eddie Tang goes to LAX airport to pick up_____________.
5. Besides losing track of Mimi for a second time, what is Cole feeling guilty about?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jillian more or less quits her position with Bradley by leaving the house against his command, what does she learn she must do?
2. Why does Cole begin to wonder who is really running the Asano organization?
3. What does Eddie Tang do to make it obvious that he will do anything to protect Mimi?
4. What does Cole discover when he takes a look at Traci Louis Fishman's photo in the school yearbook?
5. When Cole tells Bradley to tell Sheila about Mimi in Chapter Twenty-Eight, what is Sheila's reaction, before Bradley or Cole say another word?
6. How does Joe Pike try to ease Cole's guilt over losing Mimi for the second time?
7. How does Kira Asano explain his innocence involving Mimi's running away from home?
8. What is so shocking about the photograph that Traci Louise Fishman shows to Cole while they sit in her Volkswagen Rabbit?
9. How does Cole come to the realization that Mimi Warren has not been kidnapped?
10. Where does Eddie Tang's limousine lead Pike and Cole as they follow him from LAX airport?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the advantages and disadvantages of Elvis Cole's use of humor in his line of work. Describe instances when it works in his favor and instances when it does not. Explain why it does or does not work for Cole.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the inner workings of the yakuza versus the mafia. Use concrete examples and characters from the book to back up your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Give a description of the Warrens' marriage as seen through the eyes of Carol Hillegas. Include Mimi's relationship with her parents.
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)