|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pike has a plan for how he and Cole can sneak up on the lake house where Mimi is being held. What joke does Pike make when telling Cole the plan?
2. Who appears to be romantically involved with Mimi based upon a photograph Cole sees in Chapter Twenty?
3. What does Pike have with him in the duffle bag he brings on the boat with Cole?
4. What does Cole do to the manager of Mr. Moto's when he gets there with Joe Pike in Chapter Thirty-Two?
5. What do Kira Asano's paintings depict?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the inner workings of the yakuza versus the mafia. Use concrete examples and characters from the book to back up your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Eddie Tang. Why does he kill Nobu Ishida? How do his motives relate to Torobuni? What does Eddie Tang want most of all and why?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Elvis Cole and Bradley Warren in terms of personality, economics, and status.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)