|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cole find out which apartment Eddie Tang lives in?
2. Who is Traci Louise Fishman?
3. What does Mimi Warren do when Cole finally discovers her in a locked bedroom in the lake house?
4. When Cole knocks out a guard in the Torobuni lake house, it is insinuated that Pike ______________.
5. What does Cole tell Lou Poitras about Mimi's boyfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cole come to the realization that Mimi Warren has not been kidnapped?
2. What approach does Cole decide he can use in order to get in touch with Traci Louise Fishman?
3. While Cole and Pike discuss the little bit of light left before they can pounce on the lake house and save Mimi, what are Cole's reasons for not calling the cops?
4. How does Joe Pike try to ease Cole's guilt over losing Mimi for the second time?
5. What are the clear indications that Mimi Warren is confused and living on the false hope that her life will improve by being with Eddie Tang?
6. What is insinuated in Chapter Thirty when Detective Griggs and Lou Poitras wonder why Mimi killed her father and Griggs says, "Maybe she just had to"?
7. When Cole insists to Asano and Frank that the Hagakure must be returned to its owners, what is inferred as to Asano's thoughts of his life?
8. What does Cole discover about Mimi when he finds her in the lake house that is a surprise?
9. After Ito tells Cole his take on why Eddie Tang killed Ishida and then Asano, why does Cole tell him his story has some holes in it?
10. What does Eddie Tang do to make it obvious that he will do anything to protect Mimi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joe Pike, the character, does not smile and rarely talks. In what ways does the author show Joe Pike as a dependable, close friend of Cole's?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter Twenty-One, Mimi Warren's friend, Traci Louise Fishman, talks to Cole about Mimi's self-inflicted wounds and new friends, including a boyfriend who is very dangerous. Discuss the two different Mimis the reader is introduced to in this chapter. How do they differ? Do Mimi's two personalities in any way overlap?
Essay Topic 3
Review Jillian Becker's persona. What is she looking for in life? How does she finally discover what this is? Who is there to help her and how?
This section contains 1,263 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)