|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mimi do when she meets with her father, alone?
2. Who is Traci Louise Fishman?
3. How does Cole find out which apartment Eddie Tang lives in?
4. Where is Mimi being held on the Torobuni property by the lake?
5. Eddie Tang goes to LAX airport to pick up_____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cole come to the realization that Mimi Warren has not been kidnapped?
2. In what ways is Kira Asano's residence depicted as being a home that is no longer grand?
3. While speaking with Traci Louise Fishman in her Volkswagen Rabbit, what does Cole learn about Mimi Warren that makes Traci sob and gag?
4. What is insinuated in Chapter Thirty when Detective Griggs and Lou Poitras wonder why Mimi killed her father and Griggs says, "Maybe she just had to"?
5. What does Cole deduce about Eddie Tang's reasons for killing Ishida?
6. What does Eddie Tang do to make it obvious that he will do anything to protect Mimi?
7. How is Eddie Tang's apartment decorated?
8. What does Cole discover when he takes a look at Traci Louis Fishman's photo in the school yearbook?
9. What does Cole discover about Mimi when he finds her in the lake house that is a surprise?
10. What information does Eddie Ditko convey to Cole about Kira Asano that helps Cole with his case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Review Jillian Becker's persona. What is she looking for in life? How does she finally discover what this is? Who is there to help her and how?
Essay Topic 2
Give a description of the Warrens' marriage as seen through the eyes of Carol Hillegas. Include Mimi's relationship with her parents.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter Twenty-One, Mimi Warren's friend, Traci Louise Fishman, talks to Cole about Mimi's self-inflicted wounds and new friends, including a boyfriend who is very dangerous. Discuss the two different Mimis the reader is introduced to in this chapter. How do they differ? Do Mimi's two personalities in any way overlap?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)