|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lights up Mulholland Drive as Cole tails Eddie Tang in Chapter Twenty-Three?
2. Where does Traci Louise Fishman attend school?
3. What does the man who rents Cole and Pike a boat at Arrowhead Village tell them to watch out for while on the water?
4. When Cole meets Kira Asano, the man says something to Cole that Cole states he has never heard anyone say in real life. What does Asano say to Cole?
5. What does Mimi do to herself as she talks to Cole at Kira Asano's estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Jillian more or less quits her position with Bradley by leaving the house against his command, what does she learn she must do?
2. In what ways is Kira Asano's residence depicted as being a home that is no longer grand?
3. Why does Cole begin to wonder who is really running the Asano organization?
4. What information does Eddie Ditko convey to Cole about Kira Asano that helps Cole with his case?
5. What makes Cole decide that telling the cops about Mimi's location would not be the best idea?
6. How is Eddie Tang's apartment decorated?
7. When Cole tells Bradley to tell Sheila about Mimi in Chapter Twenty-Eight, what is Sheila's reaction, before Bradley or Cole say another word?
8. What does Eddie Tang do to make it obvious that he will do anything to protect Mimi?
9. What is so shocking about the photograph that Traci Louise Fishman shows to Cole while they sit in her Volkswagen Rabbit?
10. What does Cole deduce about Eddie Tang's reasons for killing Ishida?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain Cole's reasons for wanting to find Mimi and get her the help she needs. Why is he desperate to save her even though he is no longer being paid to do so? What is in Cole's past to make him want to help her?
Essay Topic 2
Write a character description of Sheila Warren. Describe her physical traits, her character traits, and her everyday habits. Explore her psyche as it is presented to the reader.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the advantages and disadvantages of Elvis Cole's use of humor in his line of work. Describe instances when it works in his favor and instances when it does not. Explain why it does or does not work for Cole.
This section contains 1,188 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)