|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pike have with him in the duffle bag he brings on the boat with Cole?
2. How does Cole find out what Traci Louise Fishman looks like?
3. What does Mimi Warren do when Cole finally discovers her in a locked bedroom in the lake house?
4. Where do Cole and Mimi go to talk things over in Chapter Twenty-Six?
5. Why does Pike believe Eddie Tang killed Ishida?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cole come to the realization that Mimi Warren has not been kidnapped?
2. While speaking with Traci Louise Fishman in her Volkswagen Rabbit, what does Cole learn about Mimi Warren that makes Traci sob and gag?
3. What does Cole deduce about Eddie Tang's reasons for killing Ishida?
4. What does Cole discover when he takes a look at Traci Louis Fishman's photo in the school yearbook?
5. What does Bradley Warren think Cole wants when they agree to meet at the Warren home in Chapter Twenty-Eight?
6. After Ito tells Cole his take on why Eddie Tang killed Ishida and then Asano, why does Cole tell him his story has some holes in it?
7. When Cole tells Bradley to tell Sheila about Mimi in Chapter Twenty-Eight, what is Sheila's reaction, before Bradley or Cole say another word?
8. While Cole and Pike discuss the little bit of light left before they can pounce on the lake house and save Mimi, what are Cole's reasons for not calling the cops?
9. When Jillian more or less quits her position with Bradley by leaving the house against his command, what does she learn she must do?
10. What approach does Cole decide he can use in order to get in touch with Traci Louise Fishman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Eddie Tang. Why does he kill Nobu Ishida? How do his motives relate to Torobuni? What does Eddie Tang want most of all and why?
Essay Topic 2
Explain in detail why Cole feels so protective towards Mimi Warren. Include scenes with Mimi's parents that he has observed to back up your statements.
Essay Topic 3
What is foreshadowed in the story by Mimi Warren's extreme shyness and inattention to her outward appearance when she is around her parents? What other signs and/or signals are given throughout the story to indicate the profound problem Mimi has at home?
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)