|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Twenty-Four, Cole tells Mimi that he must speak to her. What does Mimi first tell him?
2. Eddie Tang goes to LAX airport to pick up_____________.
3. What is missing in Eddie Tang's apartment?
4. Who is parked outside of Eddie Tang's building in a stripped-down Dodge sedan?
5. What reaction does Mimi exhibit when she is nervous about what is being said to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Cole insists to Asano and Frank that the Hagakure must be returned to its owners, what is inferred as to Asano's thoughts of his life?
2. How does Joe Pike try to ease Cole's guilt over losing Mimi for the second time?
3. What does Eddie Tang do to make it obvious that he will do anything to protect Mimi?
4. What makes Cole decide that telling the cops about Mimi's location would not be the best idea?
5. What are the clear indications that Mimi Warren is confused and living on the false hope that her life will improve by being with Eddie Tang?
6. How is Eddie Tang's apartment decorated?
7. In what ways is Kira Asano's residence depicted as being a home that is no longer grand?
8. What does Cole discover when he takes a look at Traci Louis Fishman's photo in the school yearbook?
9. What does Cole discover about Mimi when he finds her in the lake house that is a surprise?
10. What does Cole deduce about Eddie Tang's reasons for killing Ishida?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Elvis Cole and Bradley Warren in terms of personality, economics, and status.
Essay Topic 2
Explain why the questions, "Mimi?" or "Mimi Warren?" continue to be repeated throughout the book, garnering a mention each time by Cole. What is it about Mimi Warren that makes everyone surprised to learn certain things about her? What are people's outward observations of Mimi? How does the way she lives not jive with things people learn about her?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the advantages and disadvantages of Elvis Cole's use of humor in his line of work. Describe instances when it works in his favor and instances when it does not. Explain why it does or does not work for Cole.
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)