|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Cole, Jillian, and Carol talk over Mimi's situation in Chapter Twenty-Seven, why does Carol feel a need to set Jillian straight on how Sheila could let Mimi be molested?
2. Where does Mimi tell her father to meet her in Chapter Twenty-Nine?
3. Why does Pike believe Eddie Tang killed Ishida?
4. What does Mimi do when she meets with her father, alone?
5. Who is waiting for Eddie Tang in front of the Pago Pago Club?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cole deduce about Eddie Tang's reasons for killing Ishida?
2. How does Kira Asano explain his innocence involving Mimi's running away from home?
3. While Cole and Pike discuss the little bit of light left before they can pounce on the lake house and save Mimi, what are Cole's reasons for not calling the cops?
4. Where does Eddie Tang's limousine lead Pike and Cole as they follow him from LAX airport?
5. In what ways is Kira Asano's residence depicted as being a home that is no longer grand?
6. What is so shocking about the photograph that Traci Louise Fishman shows to Cole while they sit in her Volkswagen Rabbit?
7. After Ito tells Cole his take on why Eddie Tang killed Ishida and then Asano, why does Cole tell him his story has some holes in it?
8. When Cole insists to Asano and Frank that the Hagakure must be returned to its owners, what is inferred as to Asano's thoughts of his life?
9. How is Eddie Tang's apartment decorated?
10. What does Cole discover about Mimi when he finds her in the lake house that is a surprise?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter Twenty-One, Mimi Warren's friend, Traci Louise Fishman, talks to Cole about Mimi's self-inflicted wounds and new friends, including a boyfriend who is very dangerous. Discuss the two different Mimis the reader is introduced to in this chapter. How do they differ? Do Mimi's two personalities in any way overlap?
Essay Topic 2
Write a character description of Sheila Warren. Describe her physical traits, her character traits, and her everyday habits. Explore her psyche as it is presented to the reader.
Essay Topic 3
Joe Pike hints at Elvis Cole's intense need to find Mimi and get her the help she requires. Elaborate upon Pike's explanation and why Pike stands by his friend to help him.
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)