|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cole order Bradley to do when he keeps insisting that he does not know what Cole is talking about?
2. When Pike and Cole reach Torobuni's house in Brentwood, how does she answer their many questions concerning Torobuni's whereabouts?
3. What does Cole learn about Mimi in Chapter Twenty-One that gives Cole a cold feeling?
4. What recurring dream does Cole have as he and Pike wait for Eddie Tang to come home?
5. Why does Cole come to the conclusion that Mimi is not being held against her will in Chapter Twenty-Three, as he views her through the window of a private home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What approach does Cole decide he can use in order to get in touch with Traci Louise Fishman?
2. How does Kira Asano explain his innocence involving Mimi's running away from home?
3. After Ito tells Cole his take on why Eddie Tang killed Ishida and then Asano, why does Cole tell him his story has some holes in it?
4. What information does Eddie Ditko convey to Cole about Kira Asano that helps Cole with his case?
5. What does Eddie Tang do to make it obvious that he will do anything to protect Mimi?
6. What makes Cole decide that telling the cops about Mimi's location would not be the best idea?
7. How is Eddie Tang's apartment decorated?
8. What does Cole discover about Mimi when he finds her in the lake house that is a surprise?
9. When Jillian more or less quits her position with Bradley by leaving the house against his command, what does she learn she must do?
10. In what ways is Kira Asano's residence depicted as being a home that is no longer grand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain in detail why Cole feels so protective towards Mimi Warren. Include scenes with Mimi's parents that he has observed to back up your statements.
Essay Topic 2
Explore Cole's feelings after he and his partner are fired by Bradley Warren. Describe Cole's feelings as he expresses them to the reader. Determine the reasons for Cole's emotions, going beyond the way someone might feel after being fired from a job. Explore another possible source for his feelings.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Elvis Cole and Bradley Warren in terms of personality, economics, and status.
This section contains 1,313 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)