|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is at the bottom of the fruit trees on Kira Asana's property?
2. When Cole knocks out a guard in the Torobuni lake house, it is insinuated that Pike ______________.
3. Pike has a plan for how he and Cole can sneak up on the lake house where Mimi is being held. What joke does Pike make when telling Cole the plan?
4. What reaction does Mimi exhibit when she is nervous about what is being said to her?
5. What information does Eddit Ditko give Cole about Kira Asano?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kira Asano explain his innocence involving Mimi's running away from home?
2. What does Cole deduce about Eddie Tang's reasons for killing Ishida?
3. When Jillian more or less quits her position with Bradley by leaving the house against his command, what does she learn she must do?
4. What is insinuated in Chapter Thirty when Detective Griggs and Lou Poitras wonder why Mimi killed her father and Griggs says, "Maybe she just had to"?
5. While Cole and Pike discuss the little bit of light left before they can pounce on the lake house and save Mimi, what are Cole's reasons for not calling the cops?
6. What does Cole discover about Mimi when he finds her in the lake house that is a surprise?
7. What does Bradley Warren think Cole wants when they agree to meet at the Warren home in Chapter Twenty-Eight?
8. How is Eddie Tang's apartment decorated?
9. What is so shocking about the photograph that Traci Louise Fishman shows to Cole while they sit in her Volkswagen Rabbit?
10. How does Joe Pike try to ease Cole's guilt over losing Mimi for the second time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a detailed review of the yakuza warrior code. How does Eddie Tang live and die by this code? How does Joe Pike mirror the same code?
Essay Topic 2
Write a character description of Sheila Warren. Describe her physical traits, her character traits, and her everyday habits. Explore her psyche as it is presented to the reader.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the technique the author uses to keep the suspense in the story building. Is his use of characterization just as important as the plot? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)