|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Poitras, Griggs, Ito, and Cole drive to Asan's house in order to find Mimi, what do they encounter in Asano's driveway?
2. At what point do four Japanese men enter the Asano house and shoot people?
3. Where does Cole want to meet with Bradley and Sheila to discuss the situation with them?
4. What lights up Mulholland Drive as Cole tails Eddie Tang in Chapter Twenty-Three?
5. Eddie Tang goes to LAX airport to pick up_____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the clear indications that Mimi Warren is confused and living on the false hope that her life will improve by being with Eddie Tang?
2. How does Joe Pike try to ease Cole's guilt over losing Mimi for the second time?
3. What does Cole discover about Mimi when he finds her in the lake house that is a surprise?
4. What does Cole deduce about Eddie Tang's reasons for killing Ishida?
5. What approach does Cole decide he can use in order to get in touch with Traci Louise Fishman?
6. What is so shocking about the photograph that Traci Louise Fishman shows to Cole while they sit in her Volkswagen Rabbit?
7. When Cole tells Bradley to tell Sheila about Mimi in Chapter Twenty-Eight, what is Sheila's reaction, before Bradley or Cole say another word?
8. How is Eddie Tang's apartment decorated?
9. Why does Cole begin to wonder who is really running the Asano organization?
10. In what ways is Kira Asano's residence depicted as being a home that is no longer grand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore Cole's feelings after he and his partner are fired by Bradley Warren. Describe Cole's feelings as he expresses them to the reader. Determine the reasons for Cole's emotions, going beyond the way someone might feel after being fired from a job. Explore another possible source for his feelings.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Cole's reasons for wanting to find Mimi and get her the help she needs. Why is he desperate to save her even though he is no longer being paid to do so? What is in Cole's past to make him want to help her?
Essay Topic 3
Explain in detail why Cole feels so protective towards Mimi Warren. Include scenes with Mimi's parents that he has observed to back up your statements.
This section contains 1,245 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)