|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides losing track of Mimi for a second time, what is Cole feeling guilty about?
2. What do the police and Cole find hiding in an upstairs bedroom in Asano's house in Chapter Thirty?
3. Where does Mimi tell her father to meet her in Chapter Twenty-Nine?
4. During their conversation in a Volkswagen Rabbit, what does Traci Louise Fishman tell Cole she wants him to do?
5. Pike has a plan for how he and Cole can sneak up on the lake house where Mimi is being held. What joke does Pike make when telling Cole the plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the inner workings of the yakuza versus the mafia. Use concrete examples and characters from the book to back up your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Cole's reasons for wanting to find Mimi and get her the help she needs. Why is he desperate to save her even though he is no longer being paid to do so? What is in Cole's past to make him want to help her?
Essay Topic 3
Explore Mimi Warren's character in relation to Elvis Cole. How does Cole view Mimi's relationship with her parents? How does Mimi react to Cole's comforting words? What is the reader led to believe about Mimi Warren throughout most of the book?
This section contains 949 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)