|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the color of Mimi's hair in the photo which Cole views in Chapter Twenty?
2. What does Cole discover about Mimi's relationship with her father?
3. How does Cole break into the Torobuni lake house?
4. What does Cole tell Jillian Becker they are searching for in Mimi's bedroom?
5. What does Pike have with him in the duffle bag he brings on the boat with Cole?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the technique the author uses to keep the suspense in the story building. Is his use of characterization just as important as the plot? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Explain in detail why Cole feels so protective towards Mimi Warren. Include scenes with Mimi's parents that he has observed to back up your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Explain Cole's reasons for wanting to find Mimi and get her the help she needs. Why is he desperate to save her even though he is no longer being paid to do so? What is in Cole's past to make him want to help her?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)