|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kira Asano finally instruct Frank to do after discussing the return of the Hagakure and smoothing things over with the police?
2. During their conversation in a Volkswagen Rabbit, what does Traci Louise Fishman tell Cole she wants him to do?
3. Why is it that Bradley cannot promise Frank that he will be able to keep Kira Asano's name out of the situation once Cole picks up Mimi?
4. Why does Pike believe Eddie Tang killed Ishida?
5. What do Kira Asano's paintings depict?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cole discover about Mimi when he finds her in the lake house that is a surprise?
2. What is insinuated in Chapter Thirty when Detective Griggs and Lou Poitras wonder why Mimi killed her father and Griggs says, "Maybe she just had to"?
3. Why does Cole begin to wonder who is really running the Asano organization?
4. Where does Eddie Tang's limousine lead Pike and Cole as they follow him from LAX airport?
5. What does Cole deduce about Eddie Tang's reasons for killing Ishida?
6. What does Eddie Tang do to make it obvious that he will do anything to protect Mimi?
7. How does Cole come to the realization that Mimi Warren has not been kidnapped?
8. How does Joe Pike try to ease Cole's guilt over losing Mimi for the second time?
9. What approach does Cole decide he can use in order to get in touch with Traci Louise Fishman?
10. What are the clear indications that Mimi Warren is confused and living on the false hope that her life will improve by being with Eddie Tang?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a character description of Sheila Warren. Describe her physical traits, her character traits, and her everyday habits. Explore her psyche as it is presented to the reader.
Essay Topic 2
Write a detailed review of the yakuza warrior code. How does Eddie Tang live and die by this code? How does Joe Pike mirror the same code?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Elvis Cole and Bradley Warren in terms of personality, economics, and status.
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)