|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Eddit Ditko give Cole about Kira Asano?
2. What does Mimi say to Cole that makes him wonder if she had ever been molested by her father at all?
3. Why is it that Bradley cannot promise Frank that he will be able to keep Kira Asano's name out of the situation once Cole picks up Mimi?
4. What does Cole order Bradley to do when he keeps insisting that he does not know what Cole is talking about?
5. What does Sheila do once she hears the truth about what Bradley has done to her daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cole begin to wonder who is really running the Asano organization?
2. How is Eddie Tang's apartment decorated?
3. What is insinuated in Chapter Thirty when Detective Griggs and Lou Poitras wonder why Mimi killed her father and Griggs says, "Maybe she just had to"?
4. When Cole insists to Asano and Frank that the Hagakure must be returned to its owners, what is inferred as to Asano's thoughts of his life?
5. What does Eddie Tang do to make it obvious that he will do anything to protect Mimi?
6. What approach does Cole decide he can use in order to get in touch with Traci Louise Fishman?
7. When Jillian more or less quits her position with Bradley by leaving the house against his command, what does she learn she must do?
8. What makes Cole decide that telling the cops about Mimi's location would not be the best idea?
9. How does Kira Asano explain his innocence involving Mimi's running away from home?
10. What are the clear indications that Mimi Warren is confused and living on the false hope that her life will improve by being with Eddie Tang?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Eddie Tang. Why does he kill Nobu Ishida? How do his motives relate to Torobuni? What does Eddie Tang want most of all and why?
Essay Topic 2
Review Jillian Becker's persona. What is she looking for in life? How does she finally discover what this is? Who is there to help her and how?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the advantages and disadvantages of Elvis Cole's use of humor in his line of work. Describe instances when it works in his favor and instances when it does not. Explain why it does or does not work for Cole.
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)