|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is missing in Eddie Tang's apartment?
2. What do the police and Cole find hiding in an upstairs bedroom in Asano's house in Chapter Thirty?
3. At what point do four Japanese men enter the Asano house and shoot people?
4. When Cole meets with Jillian in Chapter Twenty-Seven, how does he answer when Jillian asks why Bradley, Mimi, and Sheila are not there?
5. What does Cole discover about Mimi's relationship with her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What approach does Cole decide he can use in order to get in touch with Traci Louise Fishman?
2. When Cole tells Bradley to tell Sheila about Mimi in Chapter Twenty-Eight, what is Sheila's reaction, before Bradley or Cole say another word?
3. How does Joe Pike try to ease Cole's guilt over losing Mimi for the second time?
4. What makes Cole decide that telling the cops about Mimi's location would not be the best idea?
5. What does Cole discover when he takes a look at Traci Louis Fishman's photo in the school yearbook?
6. When Cole insists to Asano and Frank that the Hagakure must be returned to its owners, what is inferred as to Asano's thoughts of his life?
7. Why does Cole begin to wonder who is really running the Asano organization?
8. What does Bradley Warren think Cole wants when they agree to meet at the Warren home in Chapter Twenty-Eight?
9. While speaking with Traci Louise Fishman in her Volkswagen Rabbit, what does Cole learn about Mimi Warren that makes Traci sob and gag?
10. When Jillian more or less quits her position with Bradley by leaving the house against his command, what does she learn she must do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the advantages and disadvantages of Elvis Cole's use of humor in his line of work. Describe instances when it works in his favor and instances when it does not. Explain why it does or does not work for Cole.
Essay Topic 2
Joe Pike hints at Elvis Cole's intense need to find Mimi and get her the help she requires. Elaborate upon Pike's explanation and why Pike stands by his friend to help him.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the inner workings of the yakuza versus the mafia. Use concrete examples and characters from the book to back up your ideas.
This section contains 1,215 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)