|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cole meets Kira Asano, the man says something to Cole that Cole states he has never heard anyone say in real life. What does Asano say to Cole?
2. What do the police and Cole find hiding in an upstairs bedroom in Asano's house in Chapter Thirty?
3. Eddie Tang goes to LAX airport to pick up_____________.
4. What fighting style does Cole use on the man with Frank in Chapter Twenty-Four?
5. Who is Traci Louise Fishman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cole come to the realization that Mimi Warren has not been kidnapped?
2. What does Cole discover when he takes a look at Traci Louis Fishman's photo in the school yearbook?
3. What information does Eddie Ditko convey to Cole about Kira Asano that helps Cole with his case?
4. How does Kira Asano explain his innocence involving Mimi's running away from home?
5. What does Cole deduce about Eddie Tang's reasons for killing Ishida?
6. While Cole and Pike discuss the little bit of light left before they can pounce on the lake house and save Mimi, what are Cole's reasons for not calling the cops?
7. In what ways is Kira Asano's residence depicted as being a home that is no longer grand?
8. Where does Eddie Tang's limousine lead Pike and Cole as they follow him from LAX airport?
9. What is so shocking about the photograph that Traci Louise Fishman shows to Cole while they sit in her Volkswagen Rabbit?
10. When Cole tells Bradley to tell Sheila about Mimi in Chapter Twenty-Eight, what is Sheila's reaction, before Bradley or Cole say another word?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain in detail why Cole feels so protective towards Mimi Warren. Include scenes with Mimi's parents that he has observed to back up your statements.
Essay Topic 2
Joe Pike hints at Elvis Cole's intense need to find Mimi and get her the help she requires. Elaborate upon Pike's explanation and why Pike stands by his friend to help him.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Eddie Tang. Why does he kill Nobu Ishida? How do his motives relate to Torobuni? What does Eddie Tang want most of all and why?
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)