|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pike and Cole reach Torobuni's house in Brentwood, how does she answer their many questions concerning Torobuni's whereabouts?
2. When Cole meets with Jillian in Chapter Twenty-Seven, how does he answer when Jillian asks why Bradley, Mimi, and Sheila are not there?
3. What does Cole hear Eddie Tang say to Mimi at the lake house that is very unexpected?
4. What reaction does Mimi exhibit when she is nervous about what is being said to her?
5. What happens to Kira Asano when Cole says he bets Asano has the Hagakure?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Cole tells Bradley to tell Sheila about Mimi in Chapter Twenty-Eight, what is Sheila's reaction, before Bradley or Cole say another word?
2. What approach does Cole decide he can use in order to get in touch with Traci Louise Fishman?
3. Where does Eddie Tang's limousine lead Pike and Cole as they follow him from LAX airport?
4. How is Eddie Tang's apartment decorated?
5. What does Cole deduce about Eddie Tang's reasons for killing Ishida?
6. How does Kira Asano explain his innocence involving Mimi's running away from home?
7. What are the clear indications that Mimi Warren is confused and living on the false hope that her life will improve by being with Eddie Tang?
8. While Cole and Pike discuss the little bit of light left before they can pounce on the lake house and save Mimi, what are Cole's reasons for not calling the cops?
9. What makes Cole decide that telling the cops about Mimi's location would not be the best idea?
10. In what ways is Kira Asano's residence depicted as being a home that is no longer grand?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter Twenty-One, Mimi Warren's friend, Traci Louise Fishman, talks to Cole about Mimi's self-inflicted wounds and new friends, including a boyfriend who is very dangerous. Discuss the two different Mimis the reader is introduced to in this chapter. How do they differ? Do Mimi's two personalities in any way overlap?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the inner workings of the yakuza versus the mafia. Use concrete examples and characters from the book to back up your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Review Jillian Becker's persona. What is she looking for in life? How does she finally discover what this is? Who is there to help her and how?
This section contains 1,238 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)