|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Traci Louise Fishman?
2. Why does Pike end up killing Tang?
3. Which company employs Eddie Ditko?
4. What is the color of Mimi's hair in the photo which Cole views in Chapter Twenty?
5. Eddie Tang goes to LAX airport to pick up_____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Eddie Tang's apartment decorated?
2. When Jillian more or less quits her position with Bradley by leaving the house against his command, what does she learn she must do?
3. How does Joe Pike try to ease Cole's guilt over losing Mimi for the second time?
4. When Cole tells Bradley to tell Sheila about Mimi in Chapter Twenty-Eight, what is Sheila's reaction, before Bradley or Cole say another word?
5. When Cole insists to Asano and Frank that the Hagakure must be returned to its owners, what is inferred as to Asano's thoughts of his life?
6. What approach does Cole decide he can use in order to get in touch with Traci Louise Fishman?
7. Where does Eddie Tang's limousine lead Pike and Cole as they follow him from LAX airport?
8. Why does Cole begin to wonder who is really running the Asano organization?
9. How does Cole come to the realization that Mimi Warren has not been kidnapped?
10. While Cole and Pike discuss the little bit of light left before they can pounce on the lake house and save Mimi, what are Cole's reasons for not calling the cops?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joe Pike hints at Elvis Cole's intense need to find Mimi and get her the help she requires. Elaborate upon Pike's explanation and why Pike stands by his friend to help him.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Cole's reasons for wanting to find Mimi and get her the help she needs. Why is he desperate to save her even though he is no longer being paid to do so? What is in Cole's past to make him want to help her?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Joe Pike's character. In what ways does he compare to Elvis Cole? How is he different from Cole? How is he similar? Relate the importance of his character to the story.
This section contains 1,163 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)