|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cole tell Pike they have to find in Chapter Fourteen?
2. When Cole and Pike go to a Bob's Big to freshen up in the men's room, why does an older man leave the restroom shortly after they arrive?
3. How late is Jillian when she meets Cole at Musso's?
4. Who is Terry Ito's employer?
5. When one of the cops in Chapter Thirteen asks Bradley to stay for a few questions regarding Mimi's disappearance, what is Bradley hoping?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Cole tells Sheila Warren that Joe Pike will be taking over his duties in looking after her and her house, how does the woman react?
2. Why is Bradley desperate to get back the Hagakure in a week's time?
3. Cole tells Sheila Warren that her daughter saw her kiss Cole, and she might want to speak with her daughter. What is Sheila Warren's response?
4. How does Yuki Torobuni try to scare off Cole when Cole questions him about Mimi and the Hagakure?
5. By Chapter Four, what is Cole mostly shown doing in his apartment?
6. How does Cole explain the difficulties and/or ease of locating the thief who stole the Hagakure to Bradley Warren in Chapter Seven?
7. Why doesn't Sheila Warren notice that Mimi, her daughter, is missing during the Man of the Month banquet?
8. Why does Cole make a serious effort to convince Bradley Warren to call the police in Chapter Eleven?
9. When the elderly member of the Tashiro family stands up in Warren Bradley's office to speak, what does he convey to Cole?
10. Why does Cole lean close to Mimi in Chapter Twelve and whisper, "How you doin"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Give a description of the Warrens' marriage as seen through the eyes of Carol Hillegas. Include Mimi's relationship with her parents.
Essay Topic 2
Write about Kira Asana's background and motives. What was he once famous for and when? How does someone like Eddie Ditko view Asana now? What is Asano's situation at the present time concerning a following? What are his motives for wanting the Hagakure?
Essay Topic 3
Review Jillian Becker's persona. What is she looking for in life? How does she finally discover what this is? Who is there to help her and how?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)