|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mimi wearing to attend the Pacific Men's Club Man of the Month Banquet?
2. How does Lou Poitras react after viewing the murder seen in Ishida's office?
3. Who is Richards Sangoise?
4. What is written on a heavy security door that leads to a service drive beneath the New Nippon Hotel?
5. What is Cole's favorite television show?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Jillian Becker so sure that Bradley Warren is not involved with organized crime?
2. Why doesn't Sheila Warren notice that Mimi, her daughter, is missing during the Man of the Month banquet?
3. What are the outward appearances of Mr. Moto's, the restaurant that Nobu Ishida frequented?
4. What is FBI agent Reese's attitude towards Bradley Warren?
5. Why are private investigators Pike and Cole at first disappointed at what they find inside the Ishida home when they break into it?
6. Why is Bradley desperate to get back the Hagakure in a week's time?
7. When the elderly member of the Tashiro family stands up in Warren Bradley's office to speak, what does he convey to Cole?
8. When Cole calls Lou Poitras for information on the men who followed Cole in Little Tokyo, what makes him so bored after the placing the call?
9. Why does Cole make a serious effort to convince Bradley Warren to call the police in Chapter Eleven?
10. Why does Cole believe that the threatening phone calls the Warrens are receiving are harassment calls?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the inner workings of the yakuza versus the mafia. Use concrete examples and characters from the book to back up your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Elvis Cole and Bradley Warren in terms of personality, economics, and status.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Eddie Tang. Why does he kill Nobu Ishida? How do his motives relate to Torobuni? What does Eddie Tang want most of all and why?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)