|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What doesn't Bradley want the police informed about the theft of the Hagakure?
2. Where is Nobu Ishida's import business located?
3. As Cole drives to Santa Monica towards his office in Chapter Fourteen, what does he anticipate people might be saying as he pulls up beside them at traffic lights?
4. What does it say in Bushido about being a warrior?
5. Who is the Butterfly Lady?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cole act around Bradley?
2. What makes Jillian Becker so sure that Bradley Warren is not involved with organized crime?
3. Describe Sheila's personality.
4. How does Cole get the information he needs from the young, male bartender?
5. Why are private investigators Pike and Cole at first disappointed at what they find inside the Ishida home when they break into it?
6. Why is Bradley desperate to get back the Hagakure in a week's time?
7. Why does Cole make a serious effort to convince Bradley Warren to call the police in Chapter Eleven?
8. In what ways are the yakuza soldiers very different from the mafia?
9. What do Pike and Cole finally discover in the Ishida home that provides them with the clue they need to pursue the case?
10. In Chapter Seven, what is meant by comparing Bradley Warren's smiling at the Japanese men in his office to being a J. Jonah Jameson smile?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain in detail why Cole feels so protective towards Mimi Warren. Include scenes with Mimi's parents that he has observed to back up your statements.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter Twenty-One, Mimi Warren's friend, Traci Louise Fishman, talks to Cole about Mimi's self-inflicted wounds and new friends, including a boyfriend who is very dangerous. Discuss the two different Mimis the reader is introduced to in this chapter. How do they differ? Do Mimi's two personalities in any way overlap?
Essay Topic 3
Explore Mimi Warren's character in relation to Elvis Cole. How does Cole view Mimi's relationship with her parents? How does Mimi react to Cole's comforting words? What is the reader led to believe about Mimi Warren throughout most of the book?
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)