|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting for Eddie Tang in front of the Pago Pago Club?
(a) Mimi Warren.
(b) Elvis Cole.
(c) Lou Poitras.
(d) Yuki Torobuni.
2. What does Cole do for Traci Louise Fishman before he leaves her car and drives off in his Corvette?
(a) He gives her ten dollars.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He hugs her warmly.
(d) He promises her a bright future.
3. Why doesn't Eddie Tang want Cole to take Mimi away?
(a) He does not trust that she loves him.
(b) He wants to kill her now.
(c) He loves her and cannot wait.
(d) He believes she will go to jail.
4. What does Mimi do when she meets with her father, alone?
(a) She stabs him with a kitchen knife.
(b) She shoots him.
(c) She strangles him.
(d) She throws him off a cliff.
5. What does Cole tell Jillian Becker they are searching for in Mimi's bedroom?
(a) CDs from bands she loves.
(b) Hidden money.
(c) Photos from her childhood.
(d) Something with names and phone numbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Cole and Mimi go to talk things over in Chapter Twenty-Six?
2. What does Mimi tell Eddie Tang when he visits Mimi the night before the shootings?
3. As Cole, Jillian, and Carol talk over Mimi's situation in Chapter Twenty-Seven, why does Carol feel a need to set Jillian straight on how Sheila could let Mimi be molested?
4. Who is parked outside of Eddie Tang's building in a stripped-down Dodge sedan?
5. What is Bradley's nervous tic that gives away the fact that he is lying about his molestation of Mimi?
Short Essay Questions
1. While speaking with Traci Louise Fishman in her Volkswagen Rabbit, what does Cole learn about Mimi Warren that makes Traci sob and gag?
2. When Cole insists to Asano and Frank that the Hagakure must be returned to its owners, what is inferred as to Asano's thoughts of his life?
3. How does Kira Asano explain his innocence involving Mimi's running away from home?
4. Why does Cole begin to wonder who is really running the Asano organization?
5. What is insinuated in Chapter Thirty when Detective Griggs and Lou Poitras wonder why Mimi killed her father and Griggs says, "Maybe she just had to"?
6. While Cole and Pike discuss the little bit of light left before they can pounce on the lake house and save Mimi, what are Cole's reasons for not calling the cops?
7. What makes Cole decide that telling the cops about Mimi's location would not be the best idea?
8. After Ito tells Cole his take on why Eddie Tang killed Ishida and then Asano, why does Cole tell him his story has some holes in it?
9. What are the clear indications that Mimi Warren is confused and living on the false hope that her life will improve by being with Eddie Tang?
10. What approach does Cole decide he can use in order to get in touch with Traci Louise Fishman?
This section contains 1,356 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)