|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reaction does Mimi exhibit when she is nervous about what is being said to her?
(a) She cries.
(b) She nods a lot.
(c) She puts a finger up in the air.
(d) She giggles.
2. What is the color of Mimi's hair in the photo which Cole views in Chapter Twenty?
3. What does Pike have with him in the duffle bag he brings on the boat with Cole?
(a) Two big lunches.
(b) Guns and ammunition.
(c) Binoculars and a change of clothing.
(d) A large first aid kit.
4. Where does Cole want to meet with Bradley and Sheila to discuss the situation with them?
(a) Their home.
(b) A neutral, public place.
(c) Cole's apartment.
(d) Bradley's office.
5. Why does Cole come to the conclusion that Mimi is not being held against her will in Chapter Twenty-Three, as he views her through the window of a private home?
(a) There are no cries for help.
(b) She is freely drinking scotch.
(c) She is holding someone else prisoner.
(d) She is kissing a boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cole do for Traci Louise Fishman before he leaves her car and drives off in his Corvette?
2. Who is Traci Louise Fishman?
3. When Poitras, Griggs, Ito, and Cole drive to Asan's house in order to find Mimi, what do they encounter in Asano's driveway?
4. How does Cole break into the Torobuni lake house?
5. What does Cole do to the manager of Mr. Moto's when he gets there with Joe Pike in Chapter Thirty-Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is so shocking about the photograph that Traci Louise Fishman shows to Cole while they sit in her Volkswagen Rabbit?
2. What information does Eddie Ditko convey to Cole about Kira Asano that helps Cole with his case?
3. What does Bradley Warren think Cole wants when they agree to meet at the Warren home in Chapter Twenty-Eight?
4. Where does Eddie Tang's limousine lead Pike and Cole as they follow him from LAX airport?
5. Why does Cole begin to wonder who is really running the Asano organization?
6. What does Cole discover when he takes a look at Traci Louis Fishman's photo in the school yearbook?
7. How is Eddie Tang's apartment decorated?
8. What makes Cole decide that telling the cops about Mimi's location would not be the best idea?
9. What approach does Cole decide he can use in order to get in touch with Traci Louise Fishman?
10. When Cole insists to Asano and Frank that the Hagakure must be returned to its owners, what is inferred as to Asano's thoughts of his life?
This section contains 1,243 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)