|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pike and Cole reach Torobuni's house in Brentwood, how does she answer their many questions concerning Torobuni's whereabouts?
(a) He will be home at six.
(b) He is not home.
(c) He is at the restaurant.
(d) He left at three.
2. Whom does Cole call in Chapter Thirty-One to tell that he had found Mimi and then lost her?
(a) Joe Pike.
(b) Lou Poitras.
(c) Carol Hillegas.
(d) Jillian Becker.
3. Who is parked outside of Eddie Tang's building in a stripped-down Dodge sedan?
(a) Two undercover cops.
(b) Lou Poitras.
(c) Elvis Cole.
(d) Yuki Torobuni's men.
4. When Cole and Jillian meet the Warrens at their home so Cole can discuss Mimi with them, where does Jillian tell them she is going?
(a) She wants to wait outside.
(b) She intends to stay in the room with them.
(c) She needs to go and have a drink.
5. What does Mimi say to Cole that makes him wonder if she had ever been molested by her father at all?
(a) I'm such a liar.
(b) I do not need help; I am fine.
(c) My father was a good man.
(d) Nothing was ever done to me.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jillian say to Cole and Carol Hillegas to clear up how Mimi may have met Kira Asano?
2. Why does Cole come to the conclusion that Mimi is not being held against her will in Chapter Twenty-Three, as he views her through the window of a private home?
3. When Poitras, Griggs, Ito, and Cole drive to Asan's house in order to find Mimi, what do they encounter in Asano's driveway?
4. When Cole meets with Jillian in Chapter Twenty-Seven, how does he answer when Jillian asks why Bradley, Mimi, and Sheila are not there?
5. What does Cole hear Eddie Tang say to Mimi at the lake house that is very unexpected?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cole begin to wonder who is really running the Asano organization?
2. After Ito tells Cole his take on why Eddie Tang killed Ishida and then Asano, why does Cole tell him his story has some holes in it?
3. When Jillian more or less quits her position with Bradley by leaving the house against his command, what does she learn she must do?
4. What does Cole discover about Mimi when he finds her in the lake house that is a surprise?
5. What is so shocking about the photograph that Traci Louise Fishman shows to Cole while they sit in her Volkswagen Rabbit?
6. What does Cole discover when he takes a look at Traci Louis Fishman's photo in the school yearbook?
7. While Cole and Pike discuss the little bit of light left before they can pounce on the lake house and save Mimi, what are Cole's reasons for not calling the cops?
8. How does Joe Pike try to ease Cole's guilt over losing Mimi for the second time?
9. When Cole tells Bradley to tell Sheila about Mimi in Chapter Twenty-Eight, what is Sheila's reaction, before Bradley or Cole say another word?
10. What does Bradley Warren think Cole wants when they agree to meet at the Warren home in Chapter Twenty-Eight?
This section contains 1,372 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)