|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cole come to the conclusion that Mimi is not being held against her will in Chapter Twenty-Three, as he views her through the window of a private home?
(a) She is kissing a boy.
(b) She is holding someone else prisoner.
(c) She is freely drinking scotch.
(d) There are no cries for help.
2. What is the color of Mimi's hair in the photo which Cole views in Chapter Twenty?
3. When Poitras, Griggs, Ito, and Cole drive to Asan's house in order to find Mimi, what do they encounter in Asano's driveway?
(a) A flock of birds that will not move.
(b) Mimi, standing there and crying.
(c) Frank, lying dead.
(d) Asano, running around the driveway and screaming.
4. When a blond detective annoyingly questions Cole about Mimi's killing of her father, what does he ask Cole?
(a) In what direction Mimi ran.
(b) How he allowed Bradley to be murdered.
(c) Why he couldn't stop her from leaving the scene.
(d) Why he couldn't revive Bradley.
5. What do Kira Asano's paintings depict?
(a) Abstract portraits.
(b) Bleak landscapes.
(c) Geometric, cubism patterns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Traci Louise Fishman attend school?
2. When Kerri, Mimi's friend, asks Mimi about Cole's identity, how does Cole respond?
3. Eddie Tang goes to LAX airport to pick up_____________.
4. Why does Pike end up killing Tang?
5. How does Cole break into the Torobuni lake house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cole discover when he takes a look at Traci Louis Fishman's photo in the school yearbook?
2. How does Joe Pike try to ease Cole's guilt over losing Mimi for the second time?
3. When Jillian more or less quits her position with Bradley by leaving the house against his command, what does she learn she must do?
4. What does Cole deduce about Eddie Tang's reasons for killing Ishida?
5. When Cole insists to Asano and Frank that the Hagakure must be returned to its owners, what is inferred as to Asano's thoughts of his life?
6. What does Eddie Tang do to make it obvious that he will do anything to protect Mimi?
7. What is so shocking about the photograph that Traci Louise Fishman shows to Cole while they sit in her Volkswagen Rabbit?
8. In what ways is Kira Asano's residence depicted as being a home that is no longer grand?
9. How does Cole come to the realization that Mimi Warren has not been kidnapped?
10. What does Bradley Warren think Cole wants when they agree to meet at the Warren home in Chapter Twenty-Eight?
This section contains 1,184 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)