|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jillian reports that the Warrens have received another call in Chapter Eleven, what do the thieves threaten?
(a) To hurt Mimi.
(b) To destroy the Hagakure.
(c) To kidnap Sheila Warren.
(d) To murder Bradley Warren.
2. What does the manager of Mr. Moto's ask Pike and Cole to do after the female bartender has spoken to him?
(a) He asks them to have some free drinks.
(b) He asks them to stay as long as they like, no questions asked.
(c) He asks them for identification.
(d) He asks them to leave, since they are done eating.
3. One of the men Cole meets in Ishida's place has a body part missing. What is it?
(a) A pinkie finger.
(b) A pinkie toe.
(c) An ear lobe.
(d) An eye.
4. What does Cole smell coming from the office on the catwalk?
(b) Cat urine.
(c) A frozen nickel.
5. Who is Mimi?
(a) Cole's sister.
(b) The Warrens' daughter.
(c) The Warrens' security guard.
(d) The Warrens' dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Cole think someone could mistake him for when he receives a blank check from Bradley?
2. Whose murdered body is found in the office with the body of Ishida?
3. What does Mimi witness between her mother and Cole in Chapter Five?
4. Who is Richards Sangoise?
5. Where were the Warrens the night the Hagakure was stolen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cole act around Bradley?
2. What is FBI agent Reese's attitude towards Bradley Warren?
3. What are the outward appearances of Mr. Moto's, the restaurant that Nobu Ishida frequented?
4. Why does Cole make a serious effort to convince Bradley Warren to call the police in Chapter Eleven?
5. How is nearly everyone reacting once they come out of the murder scene in Ishida's office?
6. When Cole tells Sheila Warren that Joe Pike will be taking over his duties in looking after her and her house, how does the woman react?
7. What is Joe Pike's reputation at Barton's Pistol Range?
8. Why does Cole believe that the threatening phone calls the Warrens are receiving are harassment calls?
9. What are Pike's and Cole's thoughts about Bradley Warren's possible involvement in the theft of the Hagakure in Chapter Fourteen?
10. What is Cole thinking about as he drinks his beer on the deck of his home with his cat?
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)