|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clothing style does Jillian reflect when Cole first meets her?
(b) Young and flirty.
(c) Cutting edge Ccouture.
(d) Serious businesswoman.
2. How does Pike practice shooting a gun?
(a) Very carefully.
(b) He never practices.
(c) With his eyes closed.
(d) With one eye shut.
3. What does Cole do while his car is parked in a lot in Chapter Nine?
(a) Searches for the Hagekuri.
(b) Gets out and walks the streets.
(c) Eats his lunch in the car.
(d) Takes a nap.
4. Who, according to Cole, would have been proud of the way Sheila looks when she enters the Man of the Month banquet with her husband?
(a) Tammy Wynette.
(b) Nancy Reagan.
(c) Eleanor Roosevelt.
(d) Elizabeth Taylor.
5. What does Cole do in Chapter Four when Ishida finally leaves his place of business?
(a) Leaves a tip and goes home.
(b) Follows him by car.
(c) Draws a sketch of him.
(d) Calls the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of house does Nobu Ishida own in Cheviot Hills?
2. Who is following Cole when he leaves the yakatori grill?
3. When one of the cops in Chapter Thirteen asks Bradley to stay for a few questions regarding Mimi's disappearance, what is Bradley hoping?
4. What is Sheila's excuse to Cole for not depending upon Hatcher in Chapter Five?
5. Whom does Cole call once he has entered the office on the catwalk?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Cole describe to the reader what he smells in the little office on the catwalk in Nobu Ishida's business?
2. Describe Sheila's personality.
3. How does Cole explain the difficulties and/or ease of locating the thief who stole the Hagakure to Bradley Warren in Chapter Seven?
4. Cole tells Sheila Warren that her daughter saw her kiss Cole, and she might want to speak with her daughter. What is Sheila Warren's response?
5. What is Cole thinking about as he drinks his beer on the deck of his home with his cat?
6. When Cole calls Lou Poitras for information on the men who followed Cole in Little Tokyo, what makes him so bored after the placing the call?
7. How does the writer get across to the reader Cole's sense of humor in Chapter Four?
8. What does the exterior of the Warren house look like?
9. How is nearly everyone reacting once they come out of the murder scene in Ishida's office?
10. When Cole tells Sheila Warren that Joe Pike will be taking over his duties in looking after her and her house, how does the woman react?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)