|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pike and Cole reach Torobuni's house in Brentwood, how does she answer their many questions concerning Torobuni's whereabouts?
(a) He is at the restaurant.
(b) He is not home.
(c) He will be home at six.
(d) He left at three.
2. Why doesn't Eddie Tang want Cole to take Mimi away?
(a) He does not trust that she loves him.
(b) He wants to kill her now.
(c) He loves her and cannot wait.
(d) He believes she will go to jail.
3. Who is Traci Louise Fishman?
(a) A friend of Mimi's.
(b) Jillian Becker's daughter.
(c) Eddie Tang's girlfriend.
(d) Sheila Warren's daughter from another marriage.
4. What does Mimi tell Eddie Tang when he visits Mimi the night before the shootings?
(a) She plans to kill her father.
(b) She wants to get married right away.
(c) She tells him where the book is.
(d) He does not really love her.
5. Why is it that Bradley cannot promise Frank that he will be able to keep Kira Asano's name out of the situation once Cole picks up Mimi?
(a) He cannot guarantee that Mimi's parents will not attack Asano.
(b) He is not sure if Eddie Tang wil make trouble.
(c) He does not know what Mimi will tell the police.
(d) He may feel compelled to spill everything.
6. What does Cole tell Jillian Becker they are searching for in Mimi's bedroom?
(a) Hidden money.
(b) CDs from bands she loves.
(c) Photos from her childhood.
(d) Something with names and phone numbers.
7. Eddie Tang goes to LAX airport to pick up_____________.
(a) His extended family.
(b) Mimi Warren.
(c) The owners of the Hagakure.
(d) The men who run the yakuza in Japan.
8. Where does Traci Louise Fishman attend school?
(a) Glen School.
(b) Watkins Glen Girls' School.
(c) Glenlake School for Girls.
(d) Glen Cove High School.
9. What does Mimi do to herself as she talks to Cole at Kira Asano's estate?
(a) She slaps her left side.
(b) She pulls on her earrings.
(c) She pinches herself hard.
(d) She burns her stomach.
10. What does the man who rents Cole and Pike a boat at Arrowhead Village tell them to watch out for while on the water?
(a) Kids in ski boats.
(c) The changing weather.
11. What does Cole do for Traci Louise Fishman before he leaves her car and drives off in his Corvette?
(a) He hugs her warmly.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He promises her a bright future.
(d) He gives her ten dollars.
12. What does Mimi Warren do when Cole finally discovers her in a locked bedroom in the lake house?
(b) Yells obscenities.
(d) Falls to the floor.
13. At what point do four Japanese men enter the Asano house and shoot people?
(a) After Bradley is pronounced dead.
(b) After Mimi calls her father.
(c) Before Mimi calls her father.
(d) While Mimi is with her father.
14. When Cole meets with Jillian in Chapter Twenty-Seven, how does he answer when Jillian asks why Bradley, Mimi, and Sheila are not there?
(a) He just wants to be alone with Jillian.
(b) He would shoot Bradley if he were present.
(c) He would not subject Mimi to that.
(d) He knows Bradley is out of the country.
15. Whom does Cole call in Chapter Thirty-One to tell that he had found Mimi and then lost her?
(a) Carol Hillegas.
(b) Lou Poitras.
(c) Jillian Becker.
(d) Joe Pike.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cole meets Kira Asano, the man says something to Cole that Cole states he has never heard anyone say in real life. What does Asano say to Cole?
2. What does Ito determine about the short muscular man lying dead on Asano's couch?
3. What does Cole learn about Mimi in Chapter Twenty-One that gives Cole a cold feeling?
4. How does Cole describe Traci Louise Fishman's look as he views her looking at him with her out-from-under eyes and little-girl face?
5. Where does Mimi tell her father to meet her in Chapter Twenty-Nine?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)