|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bradley's nervous tic that gives away the fact that he is lying about his molestation of Mimi?
(a) His lips twitch uncontrollably.
(b) His eye flutters madly.
(c) He rolls his shoulders.
(d) He continually taps his finger on the table.
2. What does Mimi tell Eddie Tang when he visits Mimi the night before the shootings?
(a) She wants to get married right away.
(b) She plans to kill her father.
(c) He does not really love her.
(d) She tells him where the book is.
3. Pike has a plan for how he and Cole can sneak up on the lake house where Mimi is being held. What joke does Pike make when telling Cole the plan?
(a) I'm really beat from that wait for Tang.
(b) Let's just forget about it.
(c) You know I can't swim.
(d) We could call the cops.
4. Where is Mimi being held on the Torobuni property by the lake?
(a) In the carriage house.
(b) In the main house.
(c) On the lake.
(d) In the boat house.
5. What is at the bottom of the fruit trees on Kira Asana's property?
(a) Rotting fruit.
(d) Used cups.
6. When Cole knocks out a guard in the Torobuni lake house, it is insinuated that Pike ______________.
(a) Locks him up.
(b) Pushes him out of a window.
(c) Interrogates him.
(d) Kills him.
7. Who is parked outside of Eddie Tang's building in a stripped-down Dodge sedan?
(a) Two undercover cops.
(b) Yuki Torobuni's men.
(c) Lou Poitras.
(d) Elvis Cole.
8. What recurring dream does Cole have as he and Pike wait for Eddie Tang to come home?
(a) He prevents Mimi from killing Bradley.
(b) He murders Eddie Tang.
(c) He is out to dinner with Mimi.
(d) He is a child again.
9. What does Jillian say to Cole and Carol Hillegas to clear up how Mimi may have met Kira Asano?
(a) Asano often goes to the Pago Pago club.
(b) Asano was at a Sheila Warren's dinner party.
(c) Asano had a showing in the gallery of a new hotel that Warren opened.
(d) Bradley Warren had Asano sign a book for Mimi.
10. What does Cole do to show Bradley that he is very serious about the Warrens going into therapy with Carol Hillegas?
(a) He points a knife at Bradley's throat.
(b) He holds a gun to Bradley's forehead.
(c) He holds a gun to Sheila's head.
(d) He dials 911 and waits.
11. What fighting style does Cole use on the man with Frank in Chapter Twenty-Four?
(b) Tae kwon do and kung fu.
(c) Wing chun and judo.
(d) Kung fu.
12. Where do Cole and Mimi go to talk things over in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) The tennis court.
(b) The pool area.
(c) Her bedroom.
(d) The front hallway.
13. What does Kira Asano finally instruct Frank to do after discussing the return of the Hagakure and smoothing things over with the police?
(a) To kill Cole so there are no witnesses.
(b) To get Mimi so Cole can help her.
(c) To lock up Mimi until they hear from Eddie Tang.
(d) To call the police to send Mimi to juvenile detention.
14. What does Mimi do when she meets with her father, alone?
(a) She shoots him.
(b) She strangles him.
(c) She stabs him with a kitchen knife.
(d) She throws him off a cliff.
15. What do the police and Cole find hiding in an upstairs bedroom in Asano's house in Chapter Thirty?
(a) Two girls hiding in a closet.
(b) A stash of money.
(c) The Hagakure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mimi say to Cole that makes him wonder if she had ever been molested by her father at all?
2. How does Cole find out what Traci Louise Fishman looks like?
3. What does Cole learn about Mimi in Chapter Twenty-One that gives Cole a cold feeling?
4. What is missing in Eddie Tang's apartment?
5. Where does Cole want to meet with Bradley and Sheila to discuss the situation with them?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)