|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What recurring dream does Cole have as he and Pike wait for Eddie Tang to come home?
(a) He prevents Mimi from killing Bradley.
(b) He murders Eddie Tang.
(c) He is a child again.
(d) He is out to dinner with Mimi.
2. How does Cole find out what Traci Louise Fishman looks like?
(a) He just knows the type.
(b) From the school yearbook.
(c) Mimi has a photo in her bedroom.
(d) A schoolmate sketches a picture for him.
3. What reaction does Mimi exhibit when she is nervous about what is being said to her?
(a) She nods a lot.
(b) She puts a finger up in the air.
(c) She giggles.
(d) She cries.
4. What lights up Mulholland Drive as Cole tails Eddie Tang in Chapter Twenty-Three?
(a) Street lamps.
(b) Other cars' headlights.
(c) Nothing; it is pitch-black.
(d) The moon.
5. How does Cole describe Traci Louise Fishman's look as he views her looking at him with her out-from-under eyes and little-girl face?
(a) A left-behind look.
(b) A lonely-little-girl attitude.
(c) An easily-frightened face.
(d) A look that could kill.
6. What does Kira Asano finally instruct Frank to do after discussing the return of the Hagakure and smoothing things over with the police?
(a) To get Mimi so Cole can help her.
(b) To kill Cole so there are no witnesses.
(c) To call the police to send Mimi to juvenile detention.
(d) To lock up Mimi until they hear from Eddie Tang.
7. During their conversation in a Volkswagen Rabbit, what does Traci Louise Fishman tell Cole she wants him to do?
(a) Never breathe a word of her loneliness to anyone.
(b) Leave before the girls watching them gossip.
(c) Tell Mimi she is no longer a friend of hers.
(d) Find Mimi and bring her back.
8. When Cole meets Kira Asano, the man says something to Cole that Cole states he has never heard anyone say in real life. What does Asano say to Cole?
(a) "Do you really want to go there?"
(b) "What's the meaning of this?"
(c) "Mi casa es su casa."
(d) "How dare you?"
9. What does Pike have with him in the duffle bag he brings on the boat with Cole?
(a) A large first aid kit.
(b) Binoculars and a change of clothing.
(c) Guns and ammunition.
(d) Two big lunches.
10. Why doesn't Eddie Tang want Cole to take Mimi away?
(a) He does not trust that she loves him.
(b) He loves her and cannot wait.
(c) He wants to kill her now.
(d) He believes she will go to jail.
11. Where does Mimi tell her father to meet her in Chapter Twenty-Nine?
(a) At Bradley's office.
(b) At the Hollywood sign.
(c) At a construction site.
(d) At the Warren home.
12. Who appears to be romantically involved with Mimi based upon a photograph Cole sees in Chapter Twenty?
(a) Yuki Torobuni.
(b) Eddie Tang.
(c) Mr. Moto.
(d) Nobu Ishida.
13. What does Mimi say to Cole that makes him wonder if she had ever been molested by her father at all?
(a) Nothing was ever done to me.
(b) My father was a good man.
(c) I do not need help; I am fine.
(d) I'm such a liar.
14. In Chapter Twenty-Two, whom does Cole jokingly mention as rarely observing the social graces?
(d) Bradley Warren.
15. What is Bradley's nervous tic that gives away the fact that he is lying about his molestation of Mimi?
(a) He rolls his shoulders.
(b) He continually taps his finger on the table.
(c) His eye flutters madly.
(d) His lips twitch uncontrollably.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the police and Cole find hiding in an upstairs bedroom in Asano's house in Chapter Thirty?
2. How does Cole describe the act of waiting in Chapter Thirty-Two?
3. When a blond detective annoyingly questions Cole about Mimi's killing of her father, what does he ask Cole?
4. What do Kira Asano's paintings depict?
5. Who is Traci Louise Fishman?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)