|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Kerri, Mimi's friend, asks Mimi about Cole's identity, how does Cole respond?
(a) Mickey Spillane.
(c) Elvis Presley.
(d) Peter Parker.
2. What lights up Mulholland Drive as Cole tails Eddie Tang in Chapter Twenty-Three?
(a) Nothing; it is pitch-black.
(b) Street lamps.
(c) The moon.
(d) Other cars' headlights.
3. Why does Pike believe Eddie Tang killed Ishida?
(a) For Mimi's sake.
(b) He was jealous.
(c) To keep the Hagakure.
(d) To go further up in the yakuza.
4. At what point do four Japanese men enter the Asano house and shoot people?
(a) After Mimi calls her father.
(b) Before Mimi calls her father.
(c) While Mimi is with her father.
(d) After Bradley is pronounced dead.
5. During their conversation in a Volkswagen Rabbit, what does Traci Louise Fishman tell Cole she wants him to do?
(a) Tell Mimi she is no longer a friend of hers.
(b) Find Mimi and bring her back.
(c) Leave before the girls watching them gossip.
(d) Never breathe a word of her loneliness to anyone.
6. Where does Traci Louise Fishman attend school?
(a) Glen Cove High School.
(b) Glen School.
(c) Watkins Glen Girls' School.
(d) Glenlake School for Girls.
7. What does Cole order Bradley to do when he keeps insisting that he does not know what Cole is talking about?
(a) To give him back his job.
(b) To throw his drink in Sheila's face.
(c) To tell Sheila about Mimi.
(d) To send Mimi away in Cole's care.
8. In Chapter Twenty-Four, Cole tells Mimi that he must speak to her. What does Mimi first tell him?
(a) She tells him to leave her alone or else.
(b) She wil not go back home.
(c) Her home is here now.
(d) She is in love with someone.
9. How does Cole find out what Traci Louise Fishman looks like?
(a) He just knows the type.
(b) A schoolmate sketches a picture for him.
(c) From the school yearbook.
(d) Mimi has a photo in her bedroom.
10. When Poitras, Griggs, Ito, and Cole drive to Asan's house in order to find Mimi, what do they encounter in Asano's driveway?
(a) Frank, lying dead.
(b) Asano, running around the driveway and screaming.
(c) A flock of birds that will not move.
(d) Mimi, standing there and crying.
11. Eddie Tang goes to LAX airport to pick up_____________.
(a) His extended family.
(b) The men who run the yakuza in Japan.
(c) Mimi Warren.
(d) The owners of the Hagakure.
12. Who appears to be romantically involved with Mimi based upon a photograph Cole sees in Chapter Twenty?
(a) Yuki Torobuni.
(b) Eddie Tang.
(c) Mr. Moto.
(d) Nobu Ishida.
13. Who made an inscription on a book Mimi owns stating, "May there always be warm sun"?
14. What does Cole do to the manager of Mr. Moto's when he gets there with Joe Pike in Chapter Thirty-Two?
(a) Asks politely to see Mr. Torobuni.
(b) Tells him the sushi is not fresh.
(c) Puts a gun in his mouth.
(d) Punches him to the ground.
15. What does the man who rents Cole and Pike a boat at Arrowhead Village tell them to watch out for while on the water?
(b) Kids in ski boats.
(d) The changing weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cole do to show Bradley that he is very serious about the Warrens going into therapy with Carol Hillegas?
2. What happens to Kira Asano when Cole says he bets Asano has the Hagakure?
3. Why does Pike end up killing Tang?
4. Where is Mimi being held on the Torobuni property by the lake?
5. Why does Cole come to the conclusion that Mimi is not being held against her will in Chapter Twenty-Three, as he views her through the window of a private home?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)