|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cole find Sheila at the end of his inspection of her home's security?
(a) Blocking the front door.
(b) On her bedroom floor.
(c) Outside, talking to Hatcher.
(d) In the den, drinking.
2. Why does the younger male bartender tell Cole he had better not touch him while they are in the restroom?
(a) Cole is showing his gun in the shoulder holster.
(b) Cole has taken a karate stance.
(c) Cole has his fists up in the air.
(d) Cole has just locked the door.
3. What does Cole give his cat to drink while they are out on his deck?
(d) Orange juice.
4. Where is one of Jack Ellis's men found in Chapter Twelve, apparently having been hurt?
(a) Lying facedown in front of the women's room.
(b) On the floor in the kitchen.
(c) In a large commercial dryer.
(d) Under a flight of stairs.
5. How late is Jillian when she meets Cole at Musso's?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) Eleven minutes.
(d) One minute.
6. What unusual gear does Pike wear when at shooting practice?
(a) Diving gear.
(b) Dark glasses.
(c) Soccer cleats.
(d) A helmet.
7. What type of clock does Cole have in his office?
(a) A small clock radio.
(b) A Grandfather's clock.
(c) A Pinnocchio clock.
(d) A schoolhouse clock.
8. What kind of tee shirt is the cop with whom Cole interacted in the yakitori grill wearing in Chapter Nine?
(a) ZZ Top.
(c) Dirty Harry.
(d) Grateful Dead.
9. One of the men Cole meets in Ishida's place has a body part missing. What is it?
(a) An eye.
(b) A pinkie finger.
(c) An ear lobe.
(d) A pinkie toe.
10. What type of house does Nobu Ishida own in Cheviot Hills?
(a) A tudor.
(b) An older split-level.
(c) A new raised ranch.
(d) A colonial.
11. What can Cole tell about Ellis as soon as he meets the man?
(a) He is an ex-cop.
(b) He does not like his job.
(c) He despises Bradley Warren.
(d) He is an ex-convict.
12. Where were the Warrens the night the Hagakure was stolen?
(a) New York.
(b) Beverly Hills.
13. What does Sheila think of Pike protecting her and instead of Cole?
(a) She likes him and his musclar arms.
(b) She could not care less either way.
(c) She is disgusted with the sight of him.
(d) She is devastated at the switch.
14. What doesn't Bradley want the police informed about the theft of the Hagakure?
(a) The insurance would not pay up.
(b) It would be bad for business.
(c) He trusts Cole and only Cole.
(d) He believes the police may be in on it.
15. What does Cole say upon Pike's showing him the room he discovers in the Ishida house?
(a) "Swordfight, anyone?"
(b) "Ah, the scene of the crime."
(c) "It looks like the set of Star Wars!"
(d) "Welcome to Nippon."
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Pike and Cole break into Ishida's home?
2. While Cole is looking through Ishida's credit card statements, where does he note Ishida had gone two or three times a week over the past three months?
3. Who is Michael Denning?
4. What surprising information does the young bartender in Mr. Moto's give to Cole?
5. After Torobuni asks Cole if he has any idea of his identity, what does Cole ask Torobuni?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)