|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is one of Jack Ellis's men found in Chapter Twelve, apparently having been hurt?
(a) Under a flight of stairs.
(b) In a large commercial dryer.
(c) On the floor in the kitchen.
(d) Lying facedown in front of the women's room.
2. How does Hatcher insinuate he can take care of things at the Warren house if trouble arises?
(a) He flexes his arm muscles.
(b) He makes a few karate moves.
(c) He has a gun under his jacket.
(d) He has a cell phone handy in the car.
3. Who is the Butterfly Lady?
(a) One the bartenders at Mr. Moto's.
(b) A friend of Mimi's.
(c) The waitress at Bob's Big Boy.
(d) Eddie Tang's girlfriend.
4. How long ago do the men from the medical examiner's office tell Cole the murders in Chapter Ten occurred?
(a) One week.
(b) Witin the hour.
(c) Eight hours ago.
(d) Two days ago.
5. What can Cole tell about Ellis as soon as he meets the man?
(a) He despises Bradley Warren.
(b) He is an ex-cop.
(c) He is an ex-convict.
(d) He does not like his job.
6. What is Mimi wearing to attend the Pacific Men's Club Man of the Month Banquet?
(a) A shapeless brown silk dress.
(b) A pantsuit.
(c) Jeans and a tee shirt.
(d) A tight, red dress.
7. When Jillian asks Cole why he is still going to look for Mimi, what is Cole's answer?
(a) I still want to be paid for the job.
(b) I just cannot leave a case unsolved.
(c) I told Mimi I would take care of her.
(d) I have nothing else on my plate right now.
8. When the first group of police officers and the FBI arrive at the scene of Ishida's murder, to what sealed off room are all of the main people involved sent?
(a) The Green Room
(b) The Blue Room.
(c) The ladies' restroom.
(d) The office.
9. Where does the caller in Chapter Eleven tell Mimi the Hagaku belongs?
(a) In a bank's safe.
(b) To the last Emporer of Japan.
(c) To the spirit of Japan.
(d) In their own hands.
10. What does Mimi witness between her mother and Cole in Chapter Five?
(a) Cole throws a glass of gin at her mother.
(b) Her mother tries to seduce Cole.
(c) They are both kissing passionately.
(d) Her mother attacks Cole with a knife.
11. While Cole is looking through Ishida's credit card statements, where does he note Ishida had gone two or three times a week over the past three months?
(a) Ma Maison.
(b) Mr. Moto's.
(d) The L.A. Country Club.
12. What does Ishida do with Cole's business card in Chapter Four?
(a) He crumples it up and throws it away.
(b) He draws a picture on it.
(c) He places it in his Rolodex.
(d) He gives it to Eddie to hold.
13. Where does Cole go once inside Nobu Ishida's place of business?
(a) Up to the roof.
(b) To the basement.
(c) To the library.
(d) Into the freight room.
14. What is it that Cole cannot stop smelling in Chapter Ten?
15. What does Mimi ask one of the busboys at the Man of the Month banquet?
(a) Whether she is appropriately dressed.
(b) How much to tip the waiter.
(c) For a glass of wine.
(d) Where the bathroom is.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Torobuni asks Cole if he has any idea of his identity, what does Cole ask Torobuni?
2. What does Cole give his cat to drink while they are out on his deck?
3. Where does Cole get his lunch in Chapter Nine?
4. What doesn't Bradley want the police informed about the theft of the Hagakure?
5. How do Pike and Cole break into Ishida's home?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)