|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pike tells Cole that they are the only ones in Mr. Moto's restaurant that look like thugs, whom does Cole say they look like?
(a) Don Johnson and Fred Flintstone.
(b) Johnny Depp and Adam West.
(c) Humphrey Bogart and Homer Simpson.
(d) Denzel Washington and Peter Parker.
2. Who is Hatcher?
(a) An actress from a TV show.
(b) Bradley Warren's wife.
(c) The Warrens' security guard.
(d) Bradley Warren's daughter.
3. What doesn't Bradley want the police informed about the theft of the Hagakure?
(a) It would be bad for business.
(b) He trusts Cole and only Cole.
(c) He believes the police may be in on it.
(d) The insurance would not pay up.
4. What type of house does Nobu Ishida own in Cheviot Hills?
(a) A new raised ranch.
(b) A tudor.
(c) A colonial.
(d) An older split-level.
5. What brand of beer does Sheila offer Cole in Chapter Five?
6. Who owns an art gallery in Venice on the beach below Santa Monica?
(a) Barbara Kendal.
(b) Berke Feldstein.
(c) Malcolm Denning.
(d) Michael Delacroix.
7. What is Sheila's excuse to Cole for not depending upon Hatcher in Chapter Five?
(a) He is always drunk.
(b) He has poor eyesight.
(c) He could have been clubbed.
(d) He is too lazy to help.
8. How does Lou Poitras react after viewing the murder seen in Ishida's office?
(a) He acts like it is nothing.
(b) He vomits.
(c) He giggles.
(d) He turns pale.
9. What does Mimi witness between her mother and Cole in Chapter Five?
(a) They are both kissing passionately.
(b) Cole throws a glass of gin at her mother.
(c) Her mother tries to seduce Cole.
(d) Her mother attacks Cole with a knife.
10. What brings Jillian to choose Cole as Bradley's detective?
(a) Attorneys in the prosecutor's office recommend him.
(b) She knows Cole and Bradley will get along well.
(c) She has seen his photo and likes his appearance.
(d) No one else was available at the time.
11. After Torobuni asks Cole if he has any idea of his identity, what does Cole ask Torobuni?
(a) Where are you hiding Mimi Warren?
(b) When will you let us out of here?
(c) Who killed Nobu Ishida?
(d) Why did you steal the Hagakure?
12. Whom does Cole think someone could mistake him for when he receives a blank check from Bradley?
(a) Dan Wesson.
(b) Bill Gates.
(c) Donald Trump.
(d) Bradley Warren.
13. Who is Richards Sangoise?
(a) A Bushido warrior.
(b) A yakuza master.
(c) An FBI agent.
(d) A dope dealer from Crenshaw.
14. Who is the head of security at the New Nippon Hotel?
(a) Edward Tang.
(b) Jack Ellis.
(c) John Eli.
(d) Traci Fishman.
15. What does Cole tell Pike they have to find in Chapter Fourteen?
(a) The yakuza.
(b) A dead man's pinkie finger.
(c) The way to Santa Monica.
(d) The Pacific Men's Club President.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago do the men from the medical examiner's office tell Cole the murders in Chapter Ten occurred?
2. Why does the younger male bartender tell Cole he had better not touch him while they are in the restroom?
3. What does Lou Poitras tell Cole about the men who pulled Cole over in his Corvette and questioned him harshly?
4. Where were the Warrens the night the Hagakure was stolen?
5. When Jillian reports that the Warrens have received another call in Chapter Eleven, what do the thieves threaten?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)