|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hatcher?
(a) Bradley Warren's wife.
(b) An actress from a TV show.
(c) The Warrens' security guard.
(d) Bradley Warren's daughter.
2. Who owns an art gallery in Venice on the beach below Santa Monica?
(a) Malcolm Denning.
(b) Michael Delacroix.
(c) Berke Feldstein.
(d) Barbara Kendal.
3. What is it that Cole cannot stop smelling in Chapter Ten?
4. What kind of shirt is the Japanese man who enters the yakatori grill in Chapter Five wearing?
(a) Hawaiian shirt.
(b) Grateful Dead shirt.
(d) Button-down shirt.
5. Who is following Cole when he leaves the yakatori grill?
(a) Two policemen.
(c) No one.
(d) Ishida's men.
6. What does Sheila Warren tell Cole when she calls him at the end of Chapter Five?
(a) She is in danger.
(b) Her husband is missing.
(c) Her daughter is dead.
(d) She needs a drink.
7. What does Malcolm Denning have on his desk?
(a) A telephone with six lines.
(b) Photos of his family.
(c) A stack of bills he needs to pay.
(d) A bust of the Hagakure.
8. While Cole is looking through Ishida's credit card statements, where does he note Ishida had gone two or three times a week over the past three months?
(b) The L.A. Country Club.
(c) Mr. Moto's.
(d) Ma Maison.
9. What are the biggest buildings in Century City?
(a) Century Plaza Towers.
(b) Warren Investments.
(c) Grohman's Chinese Theater.
(d) Twenthieth-Century Fox Studios.
10. What book is in Mimi's bedroom, looking as though she has read it many times?
(a) The Sailor Who Fell From Grace with the Sea.
(b) The Sailor and the Sea Witch.
(c) Brotherhood of the Sea.
(d) The Sailor of the Seas of Fate.
11. When the first group of police officers and the FBI arrive at the scene of Ishida's murder, to what sealed off room are all of the main people involved sent?
(a) The Green Room
(b) The office.
(c) The Blue Room.
(d) The ladies' restroom.
12. After Torobuni asks Cole if he has any idea of his identity, what does Cole ask Torobuni?
(a) Why did you steal the Hagakure?
(b) When will you let us out of here?
(c) Who killed Nobu Ishida?
(d) Where are you hiding Mimi Warren?
13. What does Mimi ask one of the busboys at the Man of the Month banquet?
(a) For a glass of wine.
(b) Where the bathroom is.
(c) How much to tip the waiter.
(d) Whether she is appropriately dressed.
14. Where were the Warrens the night the Hagakure was stolen?
(b) Beverly Hills.
(d) New York.
15. What clothing style does Jillian reflect when Cole first meets her?
(a) Serious businesswoman.
(b) Cutting edge Ccouture.
(d) Young and flirty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of house does Nobu Ishida own in Cheviot Hills?
2. Who does Ishida tell Cole a private detective should look like in Chapter Four?
3. Where does Cole get his lunch in Chapter Nine?
4. What is Malcolm Denning doing when Cole goes to visit him?
5. Where does Cole find Sheila at the end of his inspection of her home's security?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)