|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the Warrens the night the Hagakure was stolen?
(c) Beverly Hills.
(d) New York.
2. While Cole is looking through Ishida's credit card statements, where does he note Ishida had gone two or three times a week over the past three months?
(a) Mr. Moto's.
(c) Ma Maison.
(d) The L.A. Country Club.
3. Who is Hatcher?
(a) An actress from a TV show.
(b) The Warrens' security guard.
(c) Bradley Warren's daughter.
(d) Bradley Warren's wife.
4. When Cole and Pike go to a Bob's Big to freshen up in the men's room, why does an older man leave the restroom shortly after they arrive?
(a) Cole tells him he has to leave.
(b) Cole and Pike stare at the man until he leaves.
(c) Pike puts his gun on top of the soap dispenser.
(d) He has finished reading his newspaper.
5. Where are Jillian and Bradley preparing to travel to when Jillian enters Cole's office?
(a) Kyoto, Japan.
(b) Beverly Hills, California.
(c) London, England.
(d) New York, New York.
6. What does Cole smell coming from the office on the catwalk?
(b) Cat urine.
(d) A frozen nickel.
7. What does Sheila think of Pike protecting her and instead of Cole?
(a) She is disgusted with the sight of him.
(b) She is devastated at the switch.
(c) She could not care less either way.
(d) She likes him and his musclar arms.
8. What is it that Cole cannot stop smelling in Chapter Ten?
9. What does Mimi ask one of the busboys at the Man of the Month banquet?
(a) For a glass of wine.
(b) How much to tip the waiter.
(c) Where the bathroom is.
(d) Whether she is appropriately dressed.
10. What is Mimi wearing to attend the Pacific Men's Club Man of the Month Banquet?
(a) A tight, red dress.
(b) A pantsuit.
(c) A shapeless brown silk dress.
(d) Jeans and a tee shirt.
11. What major operation is Ishida overseeing for Yuki Torobuni?
(a) Brown heroin importing.
(b) Slave labor trade.
(c) Cocaine deals.
(d) Money forgery.
12. What is Pike's former profession before joining Cole in a partnership?
(a) Beverly Hills police captain.
(b) Licensed private investigator.
(c) Los Angeles police officer.
(d) Licensed stock broker.
13. What is Malcolm Denning doing when Cole goes to visit him?
(a) Speaking with the Kendal couple.
(b) Talking on the phone with a client from Paris.
(c) Discussing prices for the Hagakure.
(d) Having tea with his secretary.
14. What clothing style does Jillian reflect when Cole first meets her?
(a) Serious businesswoman.
(b) Young and flirty.
(d) Cutting edge Ccouture.
15. Where is the Sun Tree Gallery located?
(a) In East Los Angeles.
(b) On Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles.
(c) On Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills.
(d) On Canon Drive in Beverly Hills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book is in Mimi's bedroom, looking as though she has read it many times?
2. Whom does Cole call once he has entered the office on the catwalk?
3. What doesn't Bradley want the police informed about the theft of the Hagakure?
4. Who is following Cole when he leaves the yakatori grill?
5. Who owns Mr. Moto's?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)