|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Thirty-Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lou Poitras react after viewing the murder seen in Ishida's office?
(a) He giggles.
(b) He acts like it is nothing.
(c) He vomits.
(d) He turns pale.
2. Where does the caller in Chapter Eleven tell Mimi the Hagaku belongs?
(a) In their own hands.
(b) To the last Emporer of Japan.
(c) In a bank's safe.
(d) To the spirit of Japan.
3. When one of the cops in Chapter Thirteen asks Bradley to stay for a few questions regarding Mimi's disappearance, what is Bradley hoping?
(a) He is not a suspect.
(b) It will not take too long.
(c) Mimi will be found right away.
(d) Cole will be a suspect.
4. What word would most aptly describe the inside of Nobu Ishida's business?
5. As Cole drives to Santa Monica towards his office in Chapter Fourteen, what does he anticipate people might be saying as he pulls up beside them at traffic lights?
(a) How handsome he looks.
(b) What a great car he drives.
(c) He is getting old-looking.
(d) Nasty things about him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ishida tell Cole a private detective should look like in Chapter Four?
2. When Kerri, Mimi's friend, asks Mimi about Cole's identity, how does Cole respond?
3. What is Malcolm Denning doing when Cole goes to visit him?
4. What are Elvis Cole's feelings about his success in this case?
5. In Chapter Twenty-Two, whom does Cole jokingly mention as rarely observing the social graces?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)