|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Ten-Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ishida tell Cole a private detective should look like in Chapter Four?
(a) Sherlock Holmes.
(b) Mickey Spillane.
(c) Sam Spade.
(d) Ellery Queen.
2. What word would most aptly describe the inside of Nobu Ishida's business?
3. In what way does Bradley expand Cole's services in Chapter Seven?
(a) He is put in charge of Warren Bradley's bank accounts.
(b) He is to oversee his family's security.
(c) He is told to hire a staff of workers.
(d) He tells Cole to carry more weapons.
4. What is Pike's general demeanor like?
(a) He is shy and withdrawn.
(b) He never smiles.
(c) He is often drunk.
(d) He is always happy and smiling.
5. What is written on a heavy security door that leads to a service drive beneath the New Nippon Hotel?
(a) Life is hidden until death.
(b) We will get you.
(c) The rising sun.
(d) We warned you.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sheila refer to her husband when she and Cole discuss the safe?
2. What state of mind is Sheila in when Cole first meets her?
3. Who is Michael Denning?
4. What does Mimi witness between her mother and Cole in Chapter Five?
5. With what is Bradley's company involved?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)