|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is no contradiction between any two statements about the Trinity; thus, we can understand how it is what?
(b) Not false.
2. The Appendix of Anselm: Basic Writings contains how many documents?
3. God can be properly called what, in regards to the Trinity?
(a) Both three and one.
(c) Three inequal parts.
(d) All in One.
4. When the soul loves God, He is blessed and God does what?
(b) Makes more humans.
(c) Returns love to His creatures.
(d) Ends pain.
5. About what is Boso worried?
(a) The Christian doctrines are difficult to follow.
(b) The doctrine of Christ's atonement for sins does not make sense.
(c) The Christian doctrine of Christ's atonement for sins is completely wrong.
(d) The Christian doctrines do not make sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is this island greater than an island with all of the Island's properties save the answer to number 158?
2. Chapters six and seven argue that only who can make atonement?
3. He gives the famous counterexample of what?
4. Chapter two has Boso argue that while belief by faith must ___________ belief due to reason, faith should still seek understanding.
5. God is greater than what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anselm say about Satan and the Fallen Angels?
2. What is the rational mind?
3. What can be known about the Trinity?
4. What is Gaunilo's argument?
5. What do Chapters 4 and 5 argue?
6. For what have Christians been ridiculed? What is Anselm's response to this?
7. What is the purpose of Cur Deus Homo? How do you know this? Describe this book.
8. What does the Appendix of Anselm: Basic Writings contain?
9. Why is Anselm's task of defending the Christian faith not complete?
10. What do Chapters 1, 2, and 3 explain?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)