|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter five maintains that only God could redeem humanity. Why?
(a) Humans are not interested in redemption.
(b) Human sin is too serious for any human to do it.
(c) It would take too long for humanity to give up sin.
(d) He knows how He wants His creation redeemed.
2. What document is by Gaunilo?
(a) Jesus, the Island.
(b) Only Fools Rush In.
(c) In Behalf of the Fool.
(d) The greatest conceivable island.
3. Is Anselm's task of defending the Christian faith complete?
(d) For the most part.
4. Can One can infer the existence of X in reality from its existence in the understanding?
(a) Most likely.
5. What compels God to complete His original plan?
(a) His trust in Himself.
(b) His anger towards man.
(c) His embarrassment.
(d) His goodness.
Short Answer Questions
1. God possesses ____________, and a being can have all of God's properties but this.
2. God can be properly called what, in regards to the Trinity?
3. Anselm argues that human salvation follows from Christ's death by what?
4. And any soul that hates God will be __________ for all of time.
5. He must be born of a woman. Why?
Short Essay Questions
1. On Gaunilo's view, why does the argument fail?
2. What does the Appendix of Anselm: Basic Writings contain?
3. What does Anselm say about Satan and the Fallen Angels?
4. What can be known about the Trinity?
5. How is the Greatest Conceivable Island compared to God?
6. Why must humans be saved?
7. What is the rational mind?
8. What is the purpose of Cur Deus Homo? How do you know this? Describe this book.
9. How will souls be rewarded?
10. Why is Anselm's task of defending the Christian faith not complete?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)