|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is Anselm's task of defending the Christian faith complete?
(c) For the most part.
2. Chapters four and five argue that God must complete His original plan to do what?
(a) Bring about man's ability to serve Him.
(b) Show man how to fear Him.
(c) Bring about man's enjoyment of Him.
(d) Encourage man to have fun.
3. Is Boso a Christian?
(c) Most likely not.
4. How does Gaunilo draw an analogy to God's existence?
(a) With the greatest conceivable island.
(b) With the least conceivable island.
(c) Man, the fool.
(d) Jesus as an island.
5. When men are resurrected, will they have the same bodies they had in this world?
(d) Probably not.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the soul loves God, He is blessed and God does what?
2. Chapters three through eight discuss the ___________ of the "infidels" to the theory of the atonement.
3. Why does God do what He does in the answer to number 99?
4. The incarnation is the method of God expressing divine ______________.
5. God can be properly called what, in regards to the Trinity?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what have Christians been ridiculed? What is Anselm's response to this?
2. What is Gaunilo's argument?
3. What do Chapters 1, 2, and 3 explain?
4. What do Chapters 4 and 5 argue?
5. In what should we believe?
6. How is the Greatest Conceivable Island compared to God?
7. What does the Appendix of Anselm: Basic Writings contain?
8. On Gaunilo's view, why does the argument fail?
9. How will souls be rewarded?
10. Why must humans be saved?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)