|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The island Gaunilo describes is greater than an island with all of the Island's properties save what?
2. Can we truly understand the nature of the Trinity?
(b) More than likely.
3. Anselm argues that human salvation follows from Christ's death by what?
(a) Faith in His resurrection.
(b) Faith in His death for humanity's sins.
(c) Hope for His resurrection.
(d) Fear in one's own death.
4. What is a being with all of God's properties missing?
5. How is atonement possible?
(a) Through good works.
(b) Through God's mercy.
(c) Through apologies.
(d) Through prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must He be in order to atone for men as a species?
2. Chapter nine emphasizes that only who within the Trinity can take on the nature of man?
3. How does Gaunilo draw an analogy to God's existence?
4. What document is by Gaunilo?
5. Gaunilo's argument is that Anselm's Ontological Argument, if correct, proves what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Greatest Conceivable Island compared to God?
2. How will souls be rewarded?
3. What is the rational mind?
4. On Gaunilo's view, why does the argument fail?
5. What do Chapters 4 and 5 argue?
6. What do Chapters 1, 2, and 3 explain?
7. In what should we believe?
8. What does Anselm say about Satan and the Fallen Angels?
9. Why is Anselm's task of defending the Christian faith not complete?
10. For what have Christians been ridiculed? What is Anselm's response to this?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)