|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Boso's role?
(a) He is Anselm's ally.
(b) He challenges Anselm's theory of atonement.
(c) He contradicts all that Anselm believes.
(d) He challenges all of Anselm's theories.
2. How is atonement possible?
(a) Through prayer.
(b) Through God's mercy.
(c) Through apologies.
(d) Through good works.
3. When men are resurrected, will they have the same bodies they had in this world?
(d) Probably not.
4. From where does God's compulsion come to complete his original plan?
(d) His nature.
5. Why was Cur Deus Homo written?
(a) To answer various questions.
(b) To support the Proslogium.
(c) To answer one question.
(d) To support the Monologium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Christ die because of a debt He has incurred?
2. The soul's efforts must be directed towards what?
3. The rational mind is the "mirror and image" of what?
4. What is the purpose of Gaunilo's piece?
5. Anselm argues that God must incarnate as one from whose race?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Chapters 4 and 5 argue?
2. In what should we believe?
3. What do Chapters 6 and 7 argue?
4. What do Chapters 3 through 8 discuss?
5. On Gaunilo's view, why does the argument fail?
6. What can be known about the Trinity?
7. What does Anselm say about Satan and the Fallen Angels?
8. For what have Christians been ridiculed? What is Anselm's response to this?
9. What does the Appendix of Anselm: Basic Writings contain?
10. What does Gaunilo submit?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)