|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason that the rational mind was created?
(a) So it does not feel emotion.
(b) So it can think through problems.
(c) So it one can be organized.
(d) So that it might love its Creator, God.
2. Can one merely believe?
(a) No, it must be accompanied by the love of God.
(b) No, one must read the Bible.
3. God must exist. Why?
(a) If He did not, He would not be the greatest conceivable being.
(b) If He did not, the world would be in chaos.
(c) If He did not, we have not purpose for living.
(d) If He did not, we would not exist.
4. Chapter nine emphasizes that only who within the Trinity can take on the nature of man?
(a) All of the persons.
(b) Two of the persons.
(c) None of the persons.
(d) One of the persons.
5. We should believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the same way, ________________.
(a) Each in a unique way.
(b) Each apart from one another and each as one.
(c) Each as one.
(d) Each apart from one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. Infidels argue that Christ's condescension to not only become man but to act as he did was what?
2. Why must the Island have this property?
3. Chapter one informs the reader that Christians have been ridiculed for their theory of the atonement, particularly for what idea?
4. Christ is limited in power and knowledge in His human nature, as we are, but why is He not miserable?
5. Can multiple persons incarnate as one person?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the soul loves God? What happens when a soul hates God?
2. What do Chapters 3 through 8 discuss?
3. What is the rational mind?
4. In what should we believe?
5. How is the Greatest Conceivable Island compared to God?
6. Why must humans be saved?
7. What does Gaunilo submit?
8. What do Chapters 6 and 7 argue?
9. What do Chapters 1, 2, and 3 explain?
10. What does Anselm say about Satan and the Fallen Angels?
This section contains 1,126 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)