|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christ is limited in power and knowledge in His human nature, as we are, but why is He not miserable?
(a) He does not know how to feel emotions.
(b) His divine nature still contemplates God.
(c) He is a perfect man.
(d) He has found Nirvana.
2. Why is this island greater than an island with all of the Island's properties save the answer to number 158?
(a) Island possesses existence and an Island without existence does not.
(b) Island possesses love and an Island without love does not.
(c) Island possesses understanding and an Island without understanding does not.
(d) Island possesses faith and an Island without faith does not.
3. What is the purpose of Gaunilo's piece?
(a) To complain.
(b) To critique Anselm's beliefs.
(c) To have Anselm clarify his beliefs.
(d) To question God.
4. God must exist. Why?
(a) If He did not, He would not be the greatest conceivable being.
(b) If He did not, the world would be in chaos.
(c) If He did not, we have not purpose for living.
(d) If He did not, we would not exist.
5. And any soul that hates God will be __________ for all of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. The island Gaunilo describes is greater than an island with all of the Island's properties save what?
2. How is man alienated from God?
3. They say that Christians do injustice to God by claiming what?
4. How is "Cur Deus Homo" translated?
5. Chapters three through eight discuss the ___________ of the "infidels" to the theory of the atonement.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Chapters 4 and 5 argue?
2. Was the God-man born with original sin? How does this affect Him?
3. Why must humans be saved?
4. Why is the sacrifice of the God-man so important?
5. What does Gaunilo submit?
6. What does Anselm say about Satan and the Fallen Angels?
7. What does Anselm outline to prepare the reader for Book II?
8. What is known about each human soul?
9. How does Gaunilo use the greatest conceivable island?
10. For what have Christians been ridiculed? What is Anselm's response to this?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)