|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who can be perfectly good and make up an infinite debt?
2. How is Cur Deus Homo written?
(a) As a poem.
(b) As an extended argument.
(c) As a dialogue.
(d) As a play.
3. What is the reason that the rational mind was created?
(a) So it does not feel emotion.
(b) So that it might love its Creator, God.
(c) So it one can be organized.
(d) So it can think through problems.
4. There is no contradiction between any two statements about the Trinity; thus, we can understand how it is what?
(a) Not false.
5. Why does God do what He does in the answer to number 99?
(a) He is blessed all the more.
(b) He hates to see us in pain.
(c) He loves making people.
(d) He is happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The soul's efforts must be directed towards what?
2. What is the document by Anselm?
3. How is man alienated from God?
4. We must be aware that each human soul is ________________ and so will be either completely happy or completely unhappy.
5. Man would never have ________ unless he sinned.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Chapters 1, 2, and 3 explain?
2. What do Chapters 3 through 8 discuss?
3. How does Gaunilo use the greatest conceivable island?
4. What does Anselm outline to prepare the reader for Book II?
5. Why must humans be saved?
6. How will souls be rewarded?
7. What is known about each human soul?
8. On Gaunilo's view, why does the argument fail?
9. What does Anselm say about Satan and the Fallen Angels?
10. What does the Appendix of Anselm: Basic Writings contain?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)