|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God must exist. Why?
(a) If He did not, we would not exist.
(b) If He did not, the world would be in chaos.
(c) If He did not, He would not be the greatest conceivable being.
(d) If He did not, we have not purpose for living.
2. What must we understand?
(a) How God became man, why He did it and why He had to die and be resurrected.
(b) How God became man and why He had to die.
(c) Why God became man and why He was resurrected.
(d) Why He was born of a virgin and had to die.
3. Can multiple persons incarnate as one person?
4. Why was Cur Deus Homo written?
(a) To support the Monologium.
(b) To answer one question.
(c) To support the Proslogium.
(d) To answer various questions.
5. Who can be perfectly good and make up an infinite debt?
Short Answer Questions
1. We should believe in God by doing what?
2. Is Boso a Christian?
3. Anselm argues that human salvation follows from Christ's death by what?
4. How is man alienated from God?
5. About what is Boso worried?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of Cur Deus Homo? How do you know this? Describe this book.
2. For what have Christians been ridiculed? What is Anselm's response to this?
3. What happens when the soul loves God? What happens when a soul hates God?
4. What is known about each human soul?
5. How will souls be rewarded?
6. What is the rational mind?
7. Why must humans be saved?
8. On Gaunilo's view, why does the argument fail?
9. In what should we believe?
10. What do Chapters 4 and 5 argue?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)