|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what is Gaunilo's piece a response?
(a) Anselm's ontological argument in the Proslogium.
(b) Anselm's ontological argument in the Monologium.
(c) Anselm's ontological argument in the Greatest Conceivable Island.
(d) Anselm's ontological argument in the Cur Deus Homo.
2. How is man alienated from God?
(a) By his ignorance.
(b) By his sin.
(c) By his fear.
(d) By his hate.
3. Chapters four and five argue that God must complete His original plan to do what?
(a) Bring about man's enjoyment of Him.
(b) Bring about man's ability to serve Him.
(c) Encourage man to have fun.
(d) Show man how to fear Him.
4. What must He be in order to atone for men as a species?
(a) An angel.
(b) A man.
(c) A God.
(d) A saint.
5. The rational mind is the _________ part of us.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anselm argues that human salvation follows from Christ's death by what?
2. God possesses ____________, and a being can have all of God's properties but this.
3. God can be properly called what, in regards to the Trinity?
4. Chapter one informs the reader that Christians have been ridiculed for their theory of the atonement, particularly for what idea?
5. Does Gaunilo believe Anselm's Ontological Argument to be correct?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)