|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is atonement possible?
(a) Through prayer.
(b) Through good works.
(c) Through apologies.
(d) Through God's mercy.
2. We must be aware that each human soul is ________________ and so will be either completely happy or completely unhappy.
3. The rational mind is the "mirror and image" of what?
(a) The saints.
(d) All of Creation.
4. Chapters four and five argue that God must complete His original plan to do what?
(a) Show man how to fear Him.
(b) Encourage man to have fun.
(c) Bring about man's enjoyment of Him.
(d) Bring about man's ability to serve Him.
5. Should we believe in the Trinity?
(c) Only after one gains understanding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Christ die because of a debt He has incurred?
2. From where does God's compulsion come to complete his original plan?
3. Can one merely believe?
4. The second book shows how Jesus could do what?
5. He must be born of a woman. Why?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Chapters 6 and 7 argue?
2. What does Gaunilo submit?
3. What is the purpose of Cur Deus Homo? How do you know this? Describe this book.
4. What do Chapters 4 and 5 argue?
5. How does Gaunilo use the greatest conceivable island?
6. What can be known about the Trinity?
7. Was the God-man born with original sin? How does this affect Him?
8. What does the Appendix of Anselm: Basic Writings contain?
9. What do Chapters 3 through 8 discuss?
10. How is the Greatest Conceivable Island compared to God?
This section contains 1,136 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)