|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He must be born of a woman. Why?
(a) So he could be on earth, first, as a baby.
(b) So God would know what it was like to have a son.
(c) Otherwise, He would be disconnected from a human lineage.
(d) So others would trust Him.
2. Chapter nine emphasizes that only who within the Trinity can take on the nature of man?
(a) None of the persons.
(b) Two of the persons.
(c) One of the persons.
(d) All of the persons.
3. God possesses ____________, and a being can have all of God's properties but this.
4. Is Boso a Christian?
(b) Most likely not.
5. On Gaunilo's view, why does the argument fail?
(a) Anselm believes he is always right.
(b) It is not supported by the Bible.
(c) It confuses what exists in the understanding with what exists in reality.
(d) It does not make sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. We must be aware that each human soul is ________________ and so will be either completely happy or completely unhappy.
2. God can be properly called what, in regards to the Trinity?
3. How is atonement possible?
4. Christ is limited in power and knowledge in His human nature, as we are, but why is He not miserable?
5. The second book shows how Jesus could do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Gaunilo's argument?
2. Why is the sacrifice of the God-man so important?
3. What does the Appendix of Anselm: Basic Writings contain?
4. What does Anselm outline to prepare the reader for Book II?
5. Why is Anselm's task of defending the Christian faith not complete?
6. What is the purpose of Cur Deus Homo? How do you know this? Describe this book.
7. What does Gaunilo submit?
8. How is the Greatest Conceivable Island compared to God?
9. On Gaunilo's view, why does the argument fail?
10. What is the rational mind?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)