|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter nine emphasizes that only who within the Trinity can take on the nature of man?
(a) None of the persons.
(b) Two of the persons.
(c) All of the persons.
(d) One of the persons.
2. We must be aware that each human soul is ________________ and so will be either completely happy or completely unhappy.
3. Does Gaunilo believe Anselm's Ontological Argument to be correct?
4. And any soul that hates God will be __________ for all of time.
5. Infidels argue that Christ's condescension to not only become man but to act as he did was what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The incarnation is the method of God expressing divine ______________.
2. Why does God do what He does in the answer to number 99?
3. Anselm argues that God must incarnate as one from whose race?
4. What document is by Gaunilo?
5. Can multiple persons incarnate as one person?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anselm outline to prepare the reader for Book II?
2. What do Chapters 1, 2, and 3 explain?
3. What do Chapters 4 and 5 argue?
4. What is known about each human soul?
5. How is the Greatest Conceivable Island compared to God?
6. How will souls be rewarded?
7. For what have Christians been ridiculed? What is Anselm's response to this?
8. What happens when the soul loves God? What happens when a soul hates God?
9. How does Gaunilo use the greatest conceivable island?
10. What does the Appendix of Anselm: Basic Writings contain?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)