|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter thirty-six explains that God creates and knows His creation in what kind of manner?
(a) A comprehensible manner.
(b) An unusual manner.
(c) An incomprehensible manner.
(d) A distant manner.
2. God has how many ultimate descriptions?
3. What does the answer to number 86 follow?
(a) The Ten Commandments.
(b) The Nicene Creed.
(c) The Apostles' Creed.
(d) The Lord's Prayer.
4. What does this Word help to "express" or create?
(a) The world.
(c) Many thing.s
(d) Some things.
5. We can understand aspects of Him, but we cannot do what?
(a) Listen to Him.
(b) Make connections between those aspects.
(c) Understand Him in his totality.
(d) Love aspects of Him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Men should not expect to understand Him until he has lived with his belief for how long?
2. Chapters one and two _____________ the ontological argument.
3. Chapter two points out that only who would not believe in God?
4. Who or what is this Word?
5. The existence of everything else is caused to be by what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anselm say in Chapter 1?
2. What is learned about the Holy Spirit?
3. What does Chapter 6 maintain?
4. How is Chapter 4 connected to Chapters 1 and 2?
5. Give an example showing why God must exist.
6. What is the only absolutely true thing that can be said about God? What might this mean?
7. What is the "Word?" How does Anselm come to explain this?
8. How does Anselm begin the Proslogium?
9. What does Chapter 15 argue?
10. What does Chapter 5 argue?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)