|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God"follows what Gospel?
(a) The Gospel of John.
(b) The Gospel of Matthew.
(c) The Gospel of Luke.
(d) The Gospel of Mark.
2. What is the only method of creating the world?
(c) Through the Word.
(d) Through evolution.
3. Humans were created primarily to do what?
(d) See God.
4. God has how many ultimate descriptions?
5. Chapters eighteen through twenty-four describe God's what?
(a) Love and kindness.
(b) Desire for justice.
(c) Eternality and omnipresence.
(d) Inability to feel compassion.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _______________ of dignity and existence of all things comes in degrees.
2. God exists in every place and time. Can he also exist in neither any place nor any time?
3. Chapter one transitions into an exhortation to believers and what prayer to God?
4. Anselm's arguments will be consistent with what?
5. To be God is to be what?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what is God identical?
2. How does Anselm begin the Proslogium?
3. What do Chapters 1 through 6 describe?
4. Give an example showing why God must exist.
5. What is learned about the Holy Spirit?
6. What is the "Word?" How does Anselm come to explain this?
7. What does Chapter 5 argue?
8. What do Chapters 3 and 4 argue?
9. What challenge is raised in Chapter 16 of the Monologium?
10. How is Chapter 4 connected to Chapters 1 and 2?
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)