|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this Word help to "express" or create?
(a) The world.
(b) Some things.
(c) Many thing.s
2. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
(c) Do not.
3. This _________ contains all ideals; this being is God.
4. Chapters twenty-five through twenty-nine discuss the fact that God is an unchanging ____________.
5. As what does the Word exist?
(a) A thing.
(c) A place.
(d) An idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Will anything exist before or after Him?
2. God is defined as the being "than which ______________ can be conceived."
3. God exists in every place and time. Can he also exist in neither any place nor any time?
4. All beings others than God exist through whom?
5. Chapters one and two _____________ the ontological argument.
Short Essay Questions
1. How is God a substance? What does Anselm have to say about God as a substance?
2. What does Chapter 6 maintain?
3. Can God, according to Anselm, create from nothing?
4. How does Anselm explain that God creates from nothing but that everything, in a sense, already exists?
5. Give an example showing why God must exist.
6. What does Chapter 5 argue?
7. Why does Anselm say that only a fool would not believe in God?
8. What does Anselm say about God's eternality and omnipresence?
9. How are Chapters 1 and 2 prefigure the ontological argument and also are importantly different?
10. How is God a substance and also transcends substance?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)