|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter thirty argues that the expression of God consists of only one what?
2. Through ________ man suffers in misery.
3. This being is the best of all beings for what reason?
(a) It is the smartest of all beings.
(b) It is the most compassionate of all beings.
(c) It is the source of all being.
(d) It is the best of all beings.
4. Acquiring accidents is a process of ___________.
5. Men should not expect to understand Him until he has lived with his belief for how long?
(a) A lifetime.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Some time.
(d) A short time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapters eighteen through twenty-four describe God's what?
2. Chapters twenty-five through twenty-nine discuss the fact that God is an unchanging ____________.
3. Is God properly listed among common substances?
4. God has how many ultimate descriptions?
5. God the Father and the Son both possess properties together. Does God also possess separate properties?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Chapters 1 and 2 prefigure the ontological argument and also are importantly different?
2. What does Anselm say about God's properties as Father and Son?
3. What does Chapter 6 maintain?
4. What does Anselm say about the two types of conceivability?
5. How does Anselm explain that God creates from nothing but that everything, in a sense, already exists?
6. What do Chapters 1 through 6 describe?
7. What does Anselm say about God's eternality and omnipresence?
8. Why does Anselm say that only a fool would not believe in God?
9. What do Chapters 59 through 63 describe?
10. What is the only absolutely true thing that can be said about God? What might this mean?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)