|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As what does the Word exist?
(a) An idea.
(b) A thing.
(c) A place.
2. What does this Word help to "express" or create?
(a) Many thing.s
(b) Some things.
(d) The world.
3. Men should not expect to understand Him until he has lived with his belief for how long?
(a) A short time.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Some time.
(d) A lifetime.
4. To be God is to be what?
(a) The thing that has no equal and no superior.
(b) The only god.
(d) The leader of the gods.
5. The existence of everything else is caused to be by what?
(a) Something else.
(c) An accident.
(d) An explosion.
Short Answer Questions
1. This ideal of goodness must be ____________ goodness.
2. Is God properly listed among common substances?
3. Some being had to __________ being.
4. Chapters one and two _____________ the ontological argument.
5. God the Father and the Son both possess properties together. Does God also possess separate properties?
Short Essay Questions
1. Can God, according to Anselm, create from nothing?
2. Why does Anselm say that only a fool would not believe in God?
3. How does Anselm begin the Proslogium?
4. How is God a substance? What does Anselm have to say about God as a substance?
5. To what is God identical?
6. What does Anselm say in Chapter 1?
7. What do Chapters 59 through 63 describe?
8. What does Chapter 6 maintain?
9. What is the "Word?" How does Anselm come to explain this?
10. How is God a substance and also transcends substance?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)