|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Men should not expect to understand Him until he has lived with his belief for how long?
(a) A short time.
(b) Some time.
(c) A lifetime.
(d) Twenty years.
2. What is the only method of creating the world?
(b) Through evolution.
(c) Through the Word.
3. As what does the Word exist?
(b) A thing.
(c) A place.
(d) An idea.
4. All things live through whom?
5. Chapters one and two _____________ the ontological argument.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is this word like the name of created beings?
2. Is God properly listed among common substances?
3. There must exist a being that is what?
4. God is not just with respect to _______. He is just to Himself because He does what is perfectly good.
5. The first man, Adam, discarded a state of unity with God which was __________ to keep.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anselm say about God's eternality and omnipresence?
2. How does Anselm begin the Proslogium?
3. What does Chapter 3 of the Proslogium make?
4. How is God a substance? What does Anselm have to say about God as a substance?
5. What does Anselm say about God's properties as Father and Son?
6. Why does Anselm say that only a fool would not believe in God?
7. What challenge is raised in Chapter 16 of the Monologium?
8. What does Chapter 15 argue?
9. How does Anselm explain that God creates from nothing but that everything, in a sense, already exists?
10. What does Anselm say about existence and the creation of beings?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)