Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what is this Word?
(a) All of Creation.
(b) Jesus Christ.
2. God is defined as the being "than which ______________ can be conceived."
(a) Everything greater.
(b) Nothing lesser.
(c) Nothing greater.
(d) Everything lesser.
3. Humans were created primarily to do what?
(d) See God.
4. Through ________ man suffers in misery.
5. God and His Word bear the same relationship to all creation. Do they sustain these relations separately?
Short Answer Questions
1. Is God properly listed among common substances?
2. This being exists in the ________ sense.
3. Chapter seventeen reiterates what about God?
4. God exists in every place and time. Can he also exist in neither any place nor any time?
5. Acquiring accidents is a process of ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How is God a substance and also transcends substance?
2. Was the God-man born with original sin? How does this affect Him?
3. What do Chapters 3 and 4 argue?
4. Why must humans be saved?
5. What is known about each human soul?
6. Why does Anselm say that only a fool would not believe in God?
7. What is the only absolutely true thing that can be said about God? What might this mean?
8. On Gaunilo's view, why does the argument fail?
9. Why is Anselm's task of defending the Christian faith not complete?
10. What does Anselm say about the two types of conceivability?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)