|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is this word like the name of created beings?
(c) Most likely.
2. God's conception of Himself and His relation to the world is The Word that has always existed where?
(a) Near Him.
(b) In front of Him.
(c) Far from Him.
(d) With Him.
3. He exclaims that the mind was created to do what?
(b) Be creative.
(c) Contemplate God and focus on Him alone.
4. Chapter thirty argues that the expression of God consists of only one what?
5. Through ________ man suffers in misery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter seventeen reiterates what about God?
2. What does this Word help to "express" or create?
3. To be God is to be what?
4. Could God have been brought into existence by anything else?
5. God exists in every place and time. Can he also exist in neither any place nor any time?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Chapters 59 through 63 describe?
2. Can God, according to Anselm, create from nothing?
3. How and why does God lack feelings of emotions? Of what else is he also incapable?
4. How is God a substance and also transcends substance?
5. What does Chapter 15 argue?
6. What set of problems does Chapter 9 of the Proslogium introduced? How does Chapter 10 add to this?
7. How is God a substance? What does Anselm have to say about God as a substance?
8. What does Anselm say about God's properties as Father and Son?
9. How is Chapter 4 connected to Chapters 1 and 2?
10. How does Anselm begin the Proslogium?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)