|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anselm knows what he believes, but he also wants to know what?
(a) Why it is true.
(b) Whether he should believe it.
(c) Why he believes it.
(d) What he does not believe.
2. Chapter five argues that this being must exist through what?
(a) Human beings.
(c) Gods and men.
3. How does God exist?
4. What does this Word help to "express" or create?
(b) Some things.
(c) The world.
(d) Many thing.s
5. God expresses Himself through a "____________ Word."
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter thirty-six explains that God creates and knows His creation in what kind of manner?
2. Why must God exist?
3. When we compare two objects, we must implicitly rely on what?
4. Does God derive His existence through nothing?
5. What is the only absolutely true thing that can be said of God?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anselm say that only a fool would not believe in God?
2. What is the "Word?" How does Anselm come to explain this?
3. What does Anselm say about the two types of conceivability?
4. What does Chapter 3 of the Proslogium make?
5. What does Chapter 6 maintain?
6. What do Chapters 59 through 63 describe?
7. What does Anselm say about God's properties as Father and Son?
8. How does Jesus derive existence from God? Why?
9. Give an example showing why God must exist.
10. What does Anselm say in Chapter 1?
This section contains 1,167 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)