|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only absolutely true thing that can be said of God?
(a) He is what He is.
(b) He can be understood.
(c) He is the only God.
(d) Everyone believes He exists.
2. Chapter two points out that only who would not believe in God?
(b) A fool.
(c) The smart.
(d) Fallen angels.
3. Should the believer, once God has rescued him, question his belief?
4. God is best understood as existing every "where" rather than in every _________.
5. All things live through whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. On Anselm's view, when we do not ______________ the concept of God, only then can we conceive of Him not existing.
2. Chapters eighteen through twenty-four describe God's what?
3. God expresses Himself through a "____________ Word."
4. Why is the answer to number 33 this type of goodness?
5. Is God properly listed among common substances?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Anselm attempt to prove that Gaunilo contradicted himself?
2. On Gaunilo's view, why does the argument fail?
3. What does Anselm say about God's properties as Father and Son?
4. What do Chapters 59 through 63 describe?
5. What do Chapters 6 and 7 argue?
6. What does the Appendix of Anselm: Basic Writings contain?
7. What is Gaunilo's argument?
8. How does Gaunilo use the greatest conceivable island?
9. What is the "Word?" How does Anselm come to explain this?
10. What do Chapters 1, 2, and 3 explain?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)