|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God is best understood as existing every "where" rather than in every _________.
2. There must exist a being that is what?
(d) The source of all existence.
3. God and His idea of Himself exist as what?
(a) One substance.
(b) Many substances.
(c) A few substances.
(d) No substances.
4. God is not just with respect to _______. He is just to Himself because He does what is perfectly good.
(d) His angels.
5. This _________ contains all ideals; this being is God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anselm believes that his project of proving God's existence is a case of "________ seeking understanding."
2. God is identical with what?
3. How is the answer to number 59 stated in the Old Testament?
4. Why must God exist?
5. The first man, Adam, discarded a state of unity with God which was __________ to keep.
Short Essay Questions
1. Can God, according to Anselm, create from nothing?
2. Does a being exist because it is greater than all other beings?
3. How does Anselm attempt to prove that Gaunilo contradicted himself?
4. What does Anselm say about God's eternality and omnipresence?
5. How is God a substance? What does Anselm have to say about God as a substance?
6. What do Chapters 3 through 8 discuss?
7. What does Anselm first deny?
8. How will souls be rewarded?
9. How is Chapter 4 connected to Chapters 1 and 2?
10. What do Chapters 4 and 5 argue?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)