|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God is defined as the being "than which ______________ can be conceived."
(a) Everything greater.
(b) Everything lesser.
(c) Nothing lesser.
(d) Nothing greater.
2. As what does the Word exist?
(a) An idea.
(b) A place.
(c) A thing.
3. How does God exist?
4. Through ________ man suffers in misery.
5. This being is the best of all beings for what reason?
(a) It is the most compassionate of all beings.
(b) It is the best of all beings.
(c) It is the smartest of all beings.
(d) It is the source of all being.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only method of creating the world?
2. All beings others than God exist through whom?
3. Anselm begins the Proslogium in the preface by stating his dissatisfaction with _______________ and his rationale for writing the Proslogium.
4. Chapter two points out that only who would not believe in God?
5. God expresses Himself through a "____________ Word."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anselm say in Chapter 1?
2. What is the "Word?" How does Anselm come to explain this?
3. How does Anselm begin the Proslogium?
4. How is Chapter 4 connected to Chapters 1 and 2?
5. What do Chapters 3 and 4 argue?
6. What does Anselm say about the two types of conceivability?
7. What do Chapters 1 through 6 describe?
8. How does Anselm explain that God creates from nothing but that everything, in a sense, already exists?
9. What set of problems does Chapter 9 of the Proslogium introduced? How does Chapter 10 add to this?
10. What does Anselm say about existence and the creation of beings?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)