|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rational mind is the "mirror and image" of what?
(b) The saints.
(d) All of Creation.
2. Can multiple persons incarnate as one person?
3. What is the purpose of Gaunilo's piece?
(a) To have Anselm clarify his beliefs.
(b) To question God.
(c) To critique Anselm's beliefs.
(d) To complain.
4. What must He be in order to atone for men as a species?
(a) A God.
(b) An angel.
(c) A man.
(d) A saint.
5. Why was Cur Deus Homo written?
(a) To answer one question.
(b) To answer various questions.
(c) To support the Proslogium.
(d) To support the Monologium.
6. Who can be perfectly good and make up an infinite debt?
7. Christ is limited in power and knowledge in His human nature, as we are, but why is He not miserable?
(a) He does not know how to feel emotions.
(b) He is a perfect man.
(c) He has found Nirvana.
(d) His divine nature still contemplates God.
8. Chapter two has Boso argue that while belief by faith must ___________ belief due to reason, faith should still seek understanding.
(a) Occur at the same time as.
(c) Be more important.
9. How is atonement possible?
(a) Through prayer.
(b) Through God's mercy.
(c) Through good works.
(d) Through apologies.
10. Is Boso a Christian?
(c) Most likely not.
11. Gaunilo's argument is that Anselm's Ontological Argument, if correct, proves what?
(a) Too little.
(b) Too much.
(c) A little.
12. The rational mind is the _________ part of us.
13. We should believe in God by doing what?
(a) Going to church.
(b) Attending workshops.
(c) Seeking Him.
(d) Reading the Bible.
14. Can we truly understand the nature of the Trinity?
(a) More than likely.
15. What document is by Gaunilo?
(a) Only Fools Rush In.
(b) In Behalf of the Fool.
(c) Jesus, the Island.
(d) The greatest conceivable island.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must the Island have this property?
2. Souls will be awarded according to what?
3. Why does God do what He does in the answer to number 99?
4. What is a being with all of God's properties missing?
5. What is the document by Anselm?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)