|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He must be born of a woman. Why?
(a) Otherwise, He would be disconnected from a human lineage.
(b) So he could be on earth, first, as a baby.
(c) So God would know what it was like to have a son.
(d) So others would trust Him.
2. Can we truly understand the nature of the Trinity?
(d) More than likely.
3. The Appendix of Anselm: Basic Writings contains how many documents?
4. Christ is limited in power and knowledge in His human nature, as we are, but why is He not miserable?
(a) He does not know how to feel emotions.
(b) His divine nature still contemplates God.
(c) He has found Nirvana.
(d) He is a perfect man.
5. They say that Christians do injustice to God by claiming what?
(a) He died.
(b) He had a son.
(c) He was born of a virgin.
(d) He was born a man.
6. God can be properly called what, in regards to the Trinity?
(a) Both three and one.
(b) All in One.
(d) Three inequal parts.
7. How is "Cur Deus Homo" translated?
(a) "How God Became Man."
(b) "Who is God?"
(c) "When Will God Become Man?"
(d) "Why God Became Man."
8. What is the document by Anselm?
(a) The greatest conceivable island.
(b) His reply to Gaunilo's argument.
(c) Jesus, the Island.
(d) In Behalf of the Fool.
9. God would not be good if He did not at least try to do what?
(a) Be fair.
(b) Understand humanity.
(c) Reconcile humanity to Himself.
(d) Save His Son.
10. Anselm argues that God must incarnate as one from whose race?
11. Infidels argue that Christ's condescension to not only become man but to act as he did was what?
12. What is a being with all of God's properties missing?
13. We must be aware that each human soul is ________________ and so will be either completely happy or completely unhappy.
14. On Gaunilo's view, why does the argument fail?
(a) It does not make sense.
(b) Anselm believes he is always right.
(c) It confuses what exists in the understanding with what exists in reality.
(d) It is not supported by the Bible.
15. Chapters six and seven argue that only who can make atonement?
(b) A being that is simultaneously God and man.
(c) A being that is simultaneously God and angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the soul loves God, He is blessed and God does what?
2. We should believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the same way, ________________.
3. There is no contradiction between any two statements about the Trinity; thus, we can understand how it is what?
4. The rational mind is the "mirror and image" of what?
5. Gaunilo's argument is that Anselm's Ontological Argument, if correct, proves what?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)