|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does God's compulsion come to complete his original plan?
(c) His nature.
2. Does Christ die because of a debt He has incurred?
(a) Most likely.
3. What is Boso's role?
(a) He challenges all of Anselm's theories.
(b) He is Anselm's ally.
(c) He contradicts all that Anselm believes.
(d) He challenges Anselm's theory of atonement.
4. And any soul that hates God will be __________ for all of time.
5. Can we truly understand the nature of the Trinity?
(b) More than likely.
6. On Gaunilo's view, why does the argument fail?
(a) It does not make sense.
(b) Anselm believes he is always right.
(c) It is not supported by the Bible.
(d) It confuses what exists in the understanding with what exists in reality.
7. Chapter nine emphasizes that only who within the Trinity can take on the nature of man?
(a) None of the persons.
(b) All of the persons.
(c) One of the persons.
(d) Two of the persons.
8. The soul's efforts must be directed towards what?
(b) The good.
9. What must He be in order to atone for men as a species?
(a) A man.
(b) An angel.
(c) A God.
(d) A saint.
10. Can one merely believe?
(c) No, one must read the Bible.
(d) No, it must be accompanied by the love of God.
11. Why was Cur Deus Homo written?
(a) To support the Monologium.
(b) To answer various questions.
(c) To answer one question.
(d) To support the Proslogium.
12. He must be born of a woman. Why?
(a) So God would know what it was like to have a son.
(b) So he could be on earth, first, as a baby.
(c) So others would trust Him.
(d) Otherwise, He would be disconnected from a human lineage.
13. The island Gaunilo describes is greater than an island with all of the Island's properties save what?
14. The rational mind is the "mirror and image" of what?
(c) The saints.
(d) All of Creation.
15. Why must the Island have this property?
(a) Since it is greater to exist than not to exist.
(b) Since it is greater to understand than not to understand.
(c) Since it is greater to have faith than not to have faith.
(d) Since it is greater to love than not to love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gaunilo's argument is that Anselm's Ontological Argument, if correct, proves what?
2. When the soul loves God, He is blessed and God does what?
3. There is no contradiction between any two statements about the Trinity; thus, we can understand how it is what?
4. What compels God to complete His original plan?
5. God can be properly called what, in regards to the Trinity?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)