|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Appendix of Anselm: Basic Writings contains how many documents?
2. There is no contradiction between any two statements about the Trinity; thus, we can understand how it is what?
(a) Not false.
3. What compels God to complete His original plan?
(a) His embarrassment.
(b) His goodness.
(c) His anger towards man.
(d) His trust in Himself.
4. We must be aware that each human soul is ________________ and so will be either completely happy or completely unhappy.
5. The soul's efforts must be directed towards what?
(b) The good.
6. Does Christ die because of a debt He has incurred?
(c) Most likely.
7. Infidels argue that Christ's condescension to not only become man but to act as he did was what?
8. About what is Boso worried?
(a) The doctrine of Christ's atonement for sins does not make sense.
(b) The Christian doctrines do not make sense.
(c) The Christian doctrine of Christ's atonement for sins is completely wrong.
(d) The Christian doctrines are difficult to follow.
9. How is "Cur Deus Homo" translated?
(a) "When Will God Become Man?"
(b) "Why God Became Man."
(c) "How God Became Man."
(d) "Who is God?"
10. Why was Cur Deus Homo written?
(a) To answer one question.
(b) To support the Monologium.
(c) To support the Proslogium.
(d) To answer various questions.
11. The second book shows how Jesus could do what?
(a) Make satisfaction for the sins of humanity.
(b) Walk on water.
(d) Raise the dead.
12. We should believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the same way, ________________.
(a) Each apart from one another and each as one.
(b) Each apart from one another.
(c) Each as one.
(d) Each in a unique way.
13. Chapters four and five argue that God must complete His original plan to do what?
(a) Bring about man's enjoyment of Him.
(b) Bring about man's ability to serve Him.
(c) Show man how to fear Him.
(d) Encourage man to have fun.
14. The rational mind is the _________ part of us.
15. What is the purpose of Gaunilo's piece?
(a) To complain.
(b) To have Anselm clarify his beliefs.
(c) To critique Anselm's beliefs.
(d) To question God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter five maintains that only God could redeem humanity. Why?
2. How is Cur Deus Homo written?
3. Should we believe in the Trinity?
4. Anselm argues that God must incarnate as one from whose race?
5. Man would never have ________ unless he sinned.
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)