|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The island Gaunilo describes is greater than an island with all of the Island's properties save what?
2. Chapter nine emphasizes that only who within the Trinity can take on the nature of man?
(a) None of the persons.
(b) One of the persons.
(c) Two of the persons.
(d) All of the persons.
3. Chapter one informs the reader that Christians have been ridiculed for their theory of the atonement, particularly for what idea?
(a) That Christ died.
(b) That God become man.
(c) That God would let His Son die.
(d) That God is the same as Jesus Christ.
4. Can multiple persons incarnate as one person?
5. Who can be perfectly good and make up an infinite debt?
6. Chapter two has Boso argue that while belief by faith must ___________ belief due to reason, faith should still seek understanding.
(a) Be more important.
(b) Occur at the same time as.
7. When the soul loves God, He is blessed and God does what?
(a) Makes more humans.
(c) Returns love to His creatures.
(d) Ends pain.
8. God is greater than what?
(a) A being with all of God's properties save one.
(c) Most beings.
(d) A being with all of God's properties save two.
9. Why was Cur Deus Homo written?
(a) To support the Monologium.
(b) To support the Proslogium.
(c) To answer various questions.
(d) To answer one question.
10. The rational mind is the _________ part of us.
11. When men are resurrected, will they have the same bodies they had in this world?
(d) Probably not.
12. He must be born of a woman. Why?
(a) So he could be on earth, first, as a baby.
(b) Otherwise, He would be disconnected from a human lineage.
(c) So others would trust Him.
(d) So God would know what it was like to have a son.
13. On Gaunilo's view, why does the argument fail?
(a) It confuses what exists in the understanding with what exists in reality.
(b) It is not supported by the Bible.
(c) Anselm believes he is always right.
(d) It does not make sense.
14. We should believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the same way, ________________.
(a) Each in a unique way.
(b) Each apart from one another and each as one.
(c) Each apart from one another.
(d) Each as one.
15. The Appendix of Anselm: Basic Writings contains how many documents?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the document by Anselm?
2. What document is by Gaunilo?
3. God possesses ____________, and a being can have all of God's properties but this.
4. The book is divided up into two, the first of which addresses what problem?
5. To what is Gaunilo's piece a response?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)