|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does God do what He does in the answer to number 99?
(a) He is blessed all the more.
(b) He loves making people.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He hates to see us in pain.
2. Chapter nine emphasizes that only who within the Trinity can take on the nature of man?
(a) Two of the persons.
(b) All of the persons.
(c) None of the persons.
(d) One of the persons.
3. Anselm turns to argue that one should believe what?
(a) Some of what he has already discussed.
(b) The facts he has already discussed.
(d) What one wants to believe.
4. What is the purpose of Gaunilo's piece?
(a) To complain.
(b) To critique Anselm's beliefs.
(c) To question God.
(d) To have Anselm clarify his beliefs.
5. The rational mind is the "mirror and image" of what?
(b) The saints.
(d) All of Creation.
6. Why was Cur Deus Homo written?
(a) To answer one question.
(b) To support the Proslogium.
(c) To support the Monologium.
(d) To answer various questions.
7. Chapters three through eight discuss the ___________ of the "infidels" to the theory of the atonement.
8. Chapter one informs the reader that Christians have been ridiculed for their theory of the atonement, particularly for what idea?
(a) That God would let His Son die.
(b) That God is the same as Jesus Christ.
(c) That Christ died.
(d) That God become man.
9. What must He be in order to atone for men as a species?
(a) A God.
(b) A saint.
(c) A man.
(d) An angel.
10. What is the reason that the rational mind was created?
(a) So it one can be organized.
(b) So it does not feel emotion.
(c) So that it might love its Creator, God.
(d) So it can think through problems.
11. Does Christ die because of a debt He has incurred?
(b) Most likely.
12. How is "Cur Deus Homo" translated?
(a) "How God Became Man."
(b) "Why God Became Man."
(c) "When Will God Become Man?"
(d) "Who is God?"
13. And any soul that hates God will be __________ for all of time.
14. What compels God to complete His original plan?
(a) His embarrassment.
(b) His trust in Himself.
(c) His anger towards man.
(d) His goodness.
15. Chapters four and five argue that God must complete His original plan to do what?
(a) Encourage man to have fun.
(b) Show man how to fear Him.
(c) Bring about man's ability to serve Him.
(d) Bring about man's enjoyment of Him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When men are resurrected, will they have the same bodies they had in this world?
2. The second book shows how Jesus could do what?
3. How is man alienated from God?
4. Anselm argues that God must incarnate as one from whose race?
5. The incarnation is the method of God expressing divine ______________.
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)