|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter two has Boso argue that while belief by faith must ___________ belief due to reason, faith should still seek understanding.
(a) Be more important.
(c) Occur at the same time as.
2. What must we understand?
(a) How God became man, why He did it and why He had to die and be resurrected.
(b) Why God became man and why He was resurrected.
(c) Why He was born of a virgin and had to die.
(d) How God became man and why He had to die.
3. About what is Boso worried?
(a) The Christian doctrines are difficult to follow.
(b) The Christian doctrine of Christ's atonement for sins is completely wrong.
(c) The doctrine of Christ's atonement for sins does not make sense.
(d) The Christian doctrines do not make sense.
4. Is Anselm's task of defending the Christian faith complete?
(c) For the most part.
5. And any soul that hates God will be __________ for all of time.
6. On Gaunilo's view, why does the argument fail?
(a) Anselm believes he is always right.
(b) It is not supported by the Bible.
(c) It does not make sense.
(d) It confuses what exists in the understanding with what exists in reality.
7. Souls will be awarded according to what?
8. What must He be in order to atone for men as a species?
(a) An angel.
(b) A man.
(c) A saint.
(d) A God.
9. What document is by Gaunilo?
(a) Jesus, the Island.
(b) In Behalf of the Fool.
(c) Only Fools Rush In.
(d) The greatest conceivable island.
10. The island Gaunilo describes is greater than an island with all of the Island's properties save what?
11. Why must the Island have this property?
(a) Since it is greater to exist than not to exist.
(b) Since it is greater to understand than not to understand.
(c) Since it is greater to have faith than not to have faith.
(d) Since it is greater to love than not to love.
12. Why is this island greater than an island with all of the Island's properties save the answer to number 158?
(a) Island possesses understanding and an Island without understanding does not.
(b) Island possesses existence and an Island without existence does not.
(c) Island possesses faith and an Island without faith does not.
(d) Island possesses love and an Island without love does not.
13. Chapters six and seven argue that only who can make atonement?
(a) A being that is simultaneously God and man.
(c) A being that is simultaneously God and angel.
14. How is Cur Deus Homo written?
(a) As a dialogue.
(b) As an extended argument.
(c) As a play.
(d) As a poem.
15. God possesses ____________, and a being can have all of God's properties but this.
Short Answer Questions
1. What compels God to complete His original plan?
2. What is the purpose of Gaunilo's piece?
3. The second book shows how Jesus could do what?
4. God can be properly called what, in regards to the Trinity?
5. Can One can infer the existence of X in reality from its existence in the understanding?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)