|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Christ die because of a debt He has incurred?
(a) Most likely.
2. Why was Cur Deus Homo written?
(a) To support the Proslogium.
(b) To answer one question.
(c) To support the Monologium.
(d) To answer various questions.
3. The rational mind is the closest method of approaching who or what?
4. Man would never have ________ unless he sinned.
5. Can we truly understand the nature of the Trinity?
(b) More than likely.
6. Infidels argue that Christ's condescension to not only become man but to act as he did was what?
7. He must be born of a woman. Why?
(a) So others would trust Him.
(b) So God would know what it was like to have a son.
(c) Otherwise, He would be disconnected from a human lineage.
(d) So he could be on earth, first, as a baby.
8. How is man alienated from God?
(a) By his fear.
(b) By his sin.
(c) By his ignorance.
(d) By his hate.
9. Can one merely believe?
(a) No, one must read the Bible.
(c) No, it must be accompanied by the love of God.
10. How is "Cur Deus Homo" translated?
(a) "Who is God?"
(b) "Why God Became Man."
(c) "How God Became Man."
(d) "When Will God Become Man?"
11. How is atonement possible?
(a) Through apologies.
(b) Through God's mercy.
(c) Through good works.
(d) Through prayer.
12. When men are resurrected, will they have the same bodies they had in this world?
(b) Probably not.
13. What compels God to complete His original plan?
(a) His trust in Himself.
(b) His anger towards man.
(c) His goodness.
(d) His embarrassment.
14. Chapters four and five argue that God must complete His original plan to do what?
(a) Bring about man's enjoyment of Him.
(b) Show man how to fear Him.
(c) Encourage man to have fun.
(d) Bring about man's ability to serve Him.
15. What must He be in order to atone for men as a species?
(a) A saint.
(b) A God.
(c) An angel.
(d) A man.
Short Answer Questions
1. We must be aware that each human soul is ________________ and so will be either completely happy or completely unhappy.
2. What is Boso's role?
3. We should believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the same way, ________________.
4. The rational mind is the "mirror and image" of what?
5. God must exist. Why?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)