|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Boso's role?
(a) He is Anselm's ally.
(b) He contradicts all that Anselm believes.
(c) He challenges Anselm's theory of atonement.
(d) He challenges all of Anselm's theories.
2. Infidels argue that Christ's condescension to not only become man but to act as he did was what?
3. Chapters six and seven argue that only who can make atonement?
(a) A being that is simultaneously God and man.
(d) A being that is simultaneously God and angel.
4. The incarnation is the method of God expressing divine ______________.
5. How is "Cur Deus Homo" translated?
(a) "Why God Became Man."
(b) "How God Became Man."
(c) "When Will God Become Man?"
(d) "Who is God?"
6. Why does God do what He does in the answer to number 99?
(a) He is blessed all the more.
(b) He loves making people.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He hates to see us in pain.
7. The island Gaunilo describes is greater than an island with all of the Island's properties save what?
8. When men are resurrected, will they have the same bodies they had in this world?
(c) Probably not.
9. Can we truly understand the nature of the Trinity?
(b) More than likely.
10. How is man alienated from God?
(a) By his hate.
(b) By his sin.
(c) By his fear.
(d) By his ignorance.
11. The rational mind is the _________ part of us.
12. From where does God's compulsion come to complete his original plan?
(b) His nature.
13. The book is divided up into two, the first of which addresses what problem?
(a) How mankind came to be so deep in sin.
(b) Why atonement needs to occur, and how it could occur if it were to occur.
(c) Why so few humans believe in sin.
(d) What God might have
14. We must be aware that each human soul is ________________ and so will be either completely happy or completely unhappy.
15. Why is this island greater than an island with all of the Island's properties save the answer to number 158?
(a) Island possesses love and an Island without love does not.
(b) Island possesses existence and an Island without existence does not.
(c) Island possesses faith and an Island without faith does not.
(d) Island possesses understanding and an Island without understanding does not.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the soul loves God, He is blessed and God does what?
2. Can multiple persons incarnate as one person?
3. Anselm argues that human salvation follows from Christ's death by what?
4. Chapters three through eight discuss the ___________ of the "infidels" to the theory of the atonement.
5. How is Cur Deus Homo written?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)