|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Can multiple persons incarnate as one person?
2. Chapters three through eight discuss the ___________ of the "infidels" to the theory of the atonement.
3. What document is by Gaunilo?
(a) The greatest conceivable island.
(b) Jesus, the Island.
(c) In Behalf of the Fool.
(d) Only Fools Rush In.
4. How does Gaunilo draw an analogy to God's existence?
(a) With the least conceivable island.
(b) Jesus as an island.
(c) With the greatest conceivable island.
(d) Man, the fool.
5. Can One can infer the existence of X in reality from its existence in the understanding?
(a) Most likely.
6. Who can be perfectly good and make up an infinite debt?
7. The rational mind is the closest method of approaching who or what?
8. Chapters six and seven argue that only who can make atonement?
(a) A being that is simultaneously God and angel.
(b) A being that is simultaneously God and man.
9. Anselm argues that human salvation follows from Christ's death by what?
(a) Fear in one's own death.
(b) Faith in His death for humanity's sins.
(c) Hope for His resurrection.
(d) Faith in His resurrection.
10. Should we believe in the Trinity?
(d) Only after one gains understanding.
11. Anselm argues that God must incarnate as one from whose race?
12. Anselm turns to argue that one should believe what?
(a) The facts he has already discussed.
(b) What one wants to believe.
(c) Some of what he has already discussed.
13. How is "Cur Deus Homo" translated?
(a) "Who is God?"
(b) "Why God Became Man."
(c) "How God Became Man."
(d) "When Will God Become Man?"
14. We should believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the same way, ________________.
(a) Each in a unique way.
(b) Each apart from one another.
(c) Each as one.
(d) Each apart from one another and each as one.
15. The rational mind is the "mirror and image" of what?
(a) All of Creation.
(d) The saints.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what is Boso worried?
2. What is the purpose of Gaunilo's piece?
3. The second book shows how Jesus could do what?
4. Why does God do what He does in the answer to number 99?
5. How is Cur Deus Homo written?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)