|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anselm argues that human salvation follows from Christ's death by what?
(a) Fear in one's own death.
(b) Faith in His death for humanity's sins.
(c) Faith in His resurrection.
(d) Hope for His resurrection.
2. Why was Cur Deus Homo written?
(a) To answer various questions.
(b) To support the Proslogium.
(c) To answer one question.
(d) To support the Monologium.
3. To what is Gaunilo's piece a response?
(a) Anselm's ontological argument in the Cur Deus Homo.
(b) Anselm's ontological argument in the Greatest Conceivable Island.
(c) Anselm's ontological argument in the Monologium.
(d) Anselm's ontological argument in the Proslogium.
4. When men are resurrected, will they have the same bodies they had in this world?
(d) Probably not.
5. Chapters three through eight discuss the ___________ of the "infidels" to the theory of the atonement.
6. What is a being with all of God's properties missing?
7. We should believe in God by doing what?
(a) Attending workshops.
(b) Going to church.
(c) Seeking Him.
(d) Reading the Bible.
8. We should believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the same way, ________________.
(a) Each as one.
(b) Each apart from one another.
(c) Each apart from one another and each as one.
(d) Each in a unique way.
9. Infidels argue that Christ's condescension to not only become man but to act as he did was what?
10. What must we understand?
(a) How God became man and why He had to die.
(b) Why God became man and why He was resurrected.
(c) Why He was born of a virgin and had to die.
(d) How God became man, why He did it and why He had to die and be resurrected.
11. Chapters one, two and three explain that man was initially made holy so that he could do what?
(a) Serve God.
(b) Have fun.
(c) Enjoy God.
(d) Fear God.
12. The incarnation is the method of God expressing divine ______________.
13. Souls will be awarded according to what?
14. What is the document by Anselm?
(a) Jesus, the Island.
(b) In Behalf of the Fool.
(c) The greatest conceivable island.
(d) His reply to Gaunilo's argument.
15. Chapters four and five argue that God must complete His original plan to do what?
(a) Show man how to fear Him.
(b) Bring about man's enjoyment of Him.
(c) Encourage man to have fun.
(d) Bring about man's ability to serve Him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the soul loves God, He is blessed and God does what?
2. He must be born of a woman. Why?
3. Gaunilo's argument is that Anselm's Ontological Argument, if correct, proves what?
4. How is man alienated from God?
5. What compels God to complete His original plan?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)