|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rational mind is the "mirror and image" of what?
(a) All of Creation.
(d) The saints.
2. On Gaunilo's view, why does the argument fail?
(a) Anselm believes he is always right.
(b) It does not make sense.
(c) It is not supported by the Bible.
(d) It confuses what exists in the understanding with what exists in reality.
3. What is the document by Anselm?
(a) His reply to Gaunilo's argument.
(b) Jesus, the Island.
(c) The greatest conceivable island.
(d) In Behalf of the Fool.
4. What is the reason that the rational mind was created?
(a) So it does not feel emotion.
(b) So it can think through problems.
(c) So it one can be organized.
(d) So that it might love its Creator, God.
5. The incarnation is the method of God expressing divine ______________.
6. Why is this island greater than an island with all of the Island's properties save the answer to number 158?
(a) Island possesses love and an Island without love does not.
(b) Island possesses understanding and an Island without understanding does not.
(c) Island possesses existence and an Island without existence does not.
(d) Island possesses faith and an Island without faith does not.
7. The Appendix of Anselm: Basic Writings contains how many documents?
8. Does Christ die because of a debt He has incurred?
(d) Most likely.
9. Why does God do what He does in the answer to number 99?
(a) He loves making people.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is blessed all the more.
(d) He hates to see us in pain.
10. Souls will be awarded according to what?
11. Why must the Island have this property?
(a) Since it is greater to love than not to love.
(b) Since it is greater to have faith than not to have faith.
(c) Since it is greater to understand than not to understand.
(d) Since it is greater to exist than not to exist.
12. How is "Cur Deus Homo" translated?
(a) "How God Became Man."
(b) "Why God Became Man."
(c) "Who is God?"
(d) "When Will God Become Man?"
13. The soul's efforts must be directed towards what?
(d) The good.
14. Is Anselm's task of defending the Christian faith complete?
(c) For the most part.
15. What compels God to complete His original plan?
(a) His embarrassment.
(b) His anger towards man.
(c) His goodness.
(d) His trust in Himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anselm turns to argue that one should believe what?
2. We must be aware that each human soul is ________________ and so will be either completely happy or completely unhappy.
3. There is no contradiction between any two statements about the Trinity; thus, we can understand how it is what?
4. Infidels argue that Christ's condescension to not only become man but to act as he did was what?
5. God must exist. Why?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)