|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God must exist. Why?
(a) If He did not, the world would be in chaos.
(b) If He did not, we would not exist.
(c) If He did not, He would not be the greatest conceivable being.
(d) If He did not, we have not purpose for living.
2. And any soul that hates God will be __________ for all of time.
3. The rational mind is the closest method of approaching who or what?
4. The rational mind is the "mirror and image" of what?
(b) All of Creation.
(d) The saints.
5. How does Gaunilo draw an analogy to God's existence?
(a) Man, the fool.
(b) With the greatest conceivable island.
(c) Jesus as an island.
(d) With the least conceivable island.
6. Anselm argues that human salvation follows from Christ's death by what?
(a) Fear in one's own death.
(b) Faith in His resurrection.
(c) Hope for His resurrection.
(d) Faith in His death for humanity's sins.
7. The incarnation is the method of God expressing divine ______________.
8. Chapters six and seven argue that only who can make atonement?
(b) A being that is simultaneously God and man.
(d) A being that is simultaneously God and angel.
9. Chapter nine emphasizes that only who within the Trinity can take on the nature of man?
(a) Two of the persons.
(b) One of the persons.
(c) All of the persons.
(d) None of the persons.
10. Does Christ die because of a debt He has incurred?
(c) Most likely.
11. How is man alienated from God?
(a) By his sin.
(b) By his ignorance.
(c) By his hate.
(d) By his fear.
12. Anselm turns to argue that one should believe what?
(b) What one wants to believe.
(c) The facts he has already discussed.
(d) Some of what he has already discussed.
13. The Appendix of Anselm: Basic Writings contains how many documents?
14. They say that Christians do injustice to God by claiming what?
(a) He was born a man.
(b) He had a son.
(c) He died.
(d) He was born of a virgin.
15. Can multiple persons incarnate as one person?
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter five maintains that only God could redeem humanity. Why?
2. How is Cur Deus Homo written?
3. What must He be in order to atone for men as a species?
4. Infidels argue that Christ's condescension to not only become man but to act as he did was what?
5. What is the document by Anselm?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)