|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God must exist. Why?
(a) If He did not, we would not exist.
(b) If He did not, He would not be the greatest conceivable being.
(c) If He did not, the world would be in chaos.
(d) If He did not, we have not purpose for living.
2. Is Boso a Christian?
(a) Most likely not.
3. They say that Christians do injustice to God by claiming what?
(a) He was born a man.
(b) He died.
(c) He had a son.
(d) He was born of a virgin.
4. The rational mind is the "mirror and image" of what?
(a) The saints.
(b) All of Creation.
5. There is no contradiction between any two statements about the Trinity; thus, we can understand how it is what?
(d) Not false.
6. Chapter one informs the reader that Christians have been ridiculed for their theory of the atonement, particularly for what idea?
(a) That Christ died.
(b) That God is the same as Jesus Christ.
(c) That God would let His Son die.
(d) That God become man.
7. Infidels argue that Christ's condescension to not only become man but to act as he did was what?
8. He must be born of a woman. Why?
(a) So others would trust Him.
(b) So he could be on earth, first, as a baby.
(c) So God would know what it was like to have a son.
(d) Otherwise, He would be disconnected from a human lineage.
9. How does Gaunilo draw an analogy to God's existence?
(a) With the greatest conceivable island.
(b) With the least conceivable island.
(c) Man, the fool.
(d) Jesus as an island.
10. The incarnation is the method of God expressing divine ______________.
11. The island Gaunilo describes is greater than an island with all of the Island's properties save what?
12. Should we believe in the Trinity?
(a) Only after one gains understanding.
13. Can One can infer the existence of X in reality from its existence in the understanding?
(c) Most likely.
14. Chapter two has Boso argue that while belief by faith must ___________ belief due to reason, faith should still seek understanding.
(c) Be more important.
(d) Occur at the same time as.
15. Anselm turns to argue that one should believe what?
(a) What one wants to believe.
(b) The facts he has already discussed.
(c) Some of what he has already discussed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must the Island have this property?
2. God can be properly called what, in regards to the Trinity?
3. What must He be in order to atone for men as a species?
4. Man would never have ________ unless he sinned.
5. We should believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the same way, ________________.
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)