|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The incarnation is the method of God expressing divine ______________.
2. The island Gaunilo describes is greater than an island with all of the Island's properties save what?
3. Christ is limited in power and knowledge in His human nature, as we are, but why is He not miserable?
(a) His divine nature still contemplates God.
(b) He does not know how to feel emotions.
(c) He is a perfect man.
(d) He has found Nirvana.
4. What compels God to complete His original plan?
(a) His trust in Himself.
(b) His anger towards man.
(c) His embarrassment.
(d) His goodness.
5. He gives the famous counterexample of what?
(a) Man, the fool.
(b) The least conceivable island.
(c) The greatest conceivable island.
(d) Jesus as an island.
6. Anselm argues that human salvation follows from Christ's death by what?
(a) Hope for His resurrection.
(b) Faith in His resurrection.
(c) Faith in His death for humanity's sins.
(d) Fear in one's own death.
7. Is Anselm's task of defending the Christian faith complete?
(a) For the most part.
8. What is a being with all of God's properties missing?
9. God possesses ____________, and a being can have all of God's properties but this.
10. Chapter five maintains that only God could redeem humanity. Why?
(a) Humans are not interested in redemption.
(b) It would take too long for humanity to give up sin.
(c) Human sin is too serious for any human to do it.
(d) He knows how He wants His creation redeemed.
11. Chapter one informs the reader that Christians have been ridiculed for their theory of the atonement, particularly for what idea?
(a) That God become man.
(b) That Christ died.
(c) That God is the same as Jesus Christ.
(d) That God would let His Son die.
12. On Gaunilo's view, why does the argument fail?
(a) It is not supported by the Bible.
(b) Anselm believes he is always right.
(c) It does not make sense.
(d) It confuses what exists in the understanding with what exists in reality.
13. The rational mind is the _________ part of us.
14. What is the reason that the rational mind was created?
(a) So it one can be organized.
(b) So it can think through problems.
(c) So that it might love its Creator, God.
(d) So it does not feel emotion.
15. Why was Cur Deus Homo written?
(a) To answer various questions.
(b) To support the Monologium.
(c) To support the Proslogium.
(d) To answer one question.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anselm turns to argue that one should believe what?
2. He must be born of a woman. Why?
3. Souls will be awarded according to what?
4. Can One can infer the existence of X in reality from its existence in the understanding?
5. They say that Christians do injustice to God by claiming what?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)