|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Man would never have ________ unless he sinned.
2. Should we believe in the Trinity?
(a) Only after one gains understanding.
3. We should believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the same way, ________________.
(a) Each as one.
(b) Each apart from one another and each as one.
(c) Each apart from one another.
(d) Each in a unique way.
4. Can multiple persons incarnate as one person?
5. He gives the famous counterexample of what?
(a) Jesus as an island.
(b) The least conceivable island.
(c) Man, the fool.
(d) The greatest conceivable island.
6. Does Christ die because of a debt He has incurred?
(b) Most likely.
7. What is Boso's role?
(a) He challenges Anselm's theory of atonement.
(b) He challenges all of Anselm's theories.
(c) He is Anselm's ally.
(d) He contradicts all that Anselm believes.
8. Why is this island greater than an island with all of the Island's properties save the answer to number 158?
(a) Island possesses understanding and an Island without understanding does not.
(b) Island possesses love and an Island without love does not.
(c) Island possesses existence and an Island without existence does not.
(d) Island possesses faith and an Island without faith does not.
9. Is Anselm's task of defending the Christian faith complete?
(c) For the most part.
10. The rational mind is the "mirror and image" of what?
(c) The saints.
(d) All of Creation.
11. God possesses ____________, and a being can have all of God's properties but this.
12. How is man alienated from God?
(a) By his ignorance.
(b) By his hate.
(c) By his fear.
(d) By his sin.
13. How is Cur Deus Homo written?
(a) As a poem.
(b) As a play.
(c) As an extended argument.
(d) As a dialogue.
14. Can one merely believe?
(a) No, it must be accompanied by the love of God.
(c) No, one must read the Bible.
15. God is greater than what?
(a) A being with all of God's properties save one.
(b) Most beings.
(d) A being with all of God's properties save two.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Appendix of Anselm: Basic Writings contains how many documents?
2. To what is Gaunilo's piece a response?
3. What is the document by Anselm?
4. Can we truly understand the nature of the Trinity?
5. What is the reason that the rational mind was created?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)