|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compels God to complete His original plan?
(a) His goodness.
(b) His embarrassment.
(c) His anger towards man.
(d) His trust in Himself.
2. God must exist. Why?
(a) If He did not, the world would be in chaos.
(b) If He did not, we have not purpose for living.
(c) If He did not, we would not exist.
(d) If He did not, He would not be the greatest conceivable being.
3. How is Cur Deus Homo written?
(a) As a play.
(b) As a poem.
(c) As an extended argument.
(d) As a dialogue.
4. The second book shows how Jesus could do what?
(a) Make satisfaction for the sins of humanity.
(b) Raise the dead.
(d) Walk on water.
5. How is "Cur Deus Homo" translated?
(a) "When Will God Become Man?"
(b) "Why God Became Man."
(c) "Who is God?"
(d) "How God Became Man."
6. The rational mind is the closest method of approaching who or what?
7. What is a being with all of God's properties missing?
8. Should we believe in the Trinity?
(c) Only after one gains understanding.
9. Infidels argue that Christ's condescension to not only become man but to act as he did was what?
10. We should believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the same way, ________________.
(a) Each as one.
(b) Each apart from one another.
(c) Each in a unique way.
(d) Each apart from one another and each as one.
11. Is Anselm's task of defending the Christian faith complete?
(a) For the most part.
12. Can One can infer the existence of X in reality from its existence in the understanding?
(d) Most likely.
13. The island Gaunilo describes is greater than an island with all of the Island's properties save what?
14. Anselm turns to argue that one should believe what?
(b) What one wants to believe.
(c) The facts he has already discussed.
(d) Some of what he has already discussed.
15. Souls will be awarded according to what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of Gaunilo's piece?
2. Chapters one, two and three explain that man was initially made holy so that he could do what?
3. To what is Gaunilo's piece a response?
4. When the soul loves God, He is blessed and God does what?
5. When men are resurrected, will they have the same bodies they had in this world?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)