|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the document by Anselm?
(a) In Behalf of the Fool.
(b) His reply to Gaunilo's argument.
(c) The greatest conceivable island.
(d) Jesus, the Island.
2. Does Gaunilo believe Anselm's Ontological Argument to be correct?
3. Who can be perfectly good and make up an infinite debt?
4. The second book shows how Jesus could do what?
(a) Raise the dead.
(c) Walk on water.
(d) Make satisfaction for the sins of humanity.
5. Chapter five maintains that only God could redeem humanity. Why?
(a) Humans are not interested in redemption.
(b) It would take too long for humanity to give up sin.
(c) He knows how He wants His creation redeemed.
(d) Human sin is too serious for any human to do it.
6. When the soul loves God, He is blessed and God does what?
(a) Returns love to His creatures.
(b) Makes more humans.
(c) Ends pain.
7. God must exist. Why?
(a) If He did not, He would not be the greatest conceivable being.
(b) If He did not, we have not purpose for living.
(c) If He did not, the world would be in chaos.
(d) If He did not, we would not exist.
8. Chapters six and seven argue that only who can make atonement?
(a) A being that is simultaneously God and man.
(b) A being that is simultaneously God and angel.
9. The incarnation is the method of God expressing divine ______________.
10. About what is Boso worried?
(a) The doctrine of Christ's atonement for sins does not make sense.
(b) The Christian doctrines are difficult to follow.
(c) The Christian doctrines do not make sense.
(d) The Christian doctrine of Christ's atonement for sins is completely wrong.
11. God is greater than what?
(a) Most beings.
(b) A being with all of God's properties save two.
(d) A being with all of God's properties save one.
12. And any soul that hates God will be __________ for all of time.
13. We should believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the same way, ________________.
(a) Each as one.
(b) Each apart from one another.
(c) Each in a unique way.
(d) Each apart from one another and each as one.
14. He must be born of a woman. Why?
(a) Otherwise, He would be disconnected from a human lineage.
(b) So God would know what it was like to have a son.
(c) So others would trust Him.
(d) So he could be on earth, first, as a baby.
15. Anselm turns to argue that one should believe what?
(b) The facts he has already discussed.
(c) What one wants to believe.
(d) Some of what he has already discussed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Cur Deus Homo written?
2. Chapters three through eight discuss the ___________ of the "infidels" to the theory of the atonement.
3. What must we understand?
4. They say that Christians do injustice to God by claiming what?
5. Can One can infer the existence of X in reality from its existence in the understanding?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)