|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason that the rational mind was created?
(a) So it one can be organized.
(b) So it does not feel emotion.
(c) So it can think through problems.
(d) So that it might love its Creator, God.
2. Anselm argues that God must incarnate as one from whose race?
3. Christ is limited in power and knowledge in His human nature, as we are, but why is He not miserable?
(a) He has found Nirvana.
(b) His divine nature still contemplates God.
(c) He is a perfect man.
(d) He does not know how to feel emotions.
4. How is "Cur Deus Homo" translated?
(a) "When Will God Become Man?"
(b) "How God Became Man."
(c) "Why God Became Man."
(d) "Who is God?"
5. The incarnation is the method of God expressing divine ______________.
6. Gaunilo's argument is that Anselm's Ontological Argument, if correct, proves what?
(a) Too little.
(c) A little.
(d) Too much.
7. Chapters four and five argue that God must complete His original plan to do what?
(a) Bring about man's ability to serve Him.
(b) Bring about man's enjoyment of Him.
(c) Encourage man to have fun.
(d) Show man how to fear Him.
8. There is no contradiction between any two statements about the Trinity; thus, we can understand how it is what?
(b) Not false.
9. On Gaunilo's view, why does the argument fail?
(a) Anselm believes he is always right.
(b) It confuses what exists in the understanding with what exists in reality.
(c) It does not make sense.
(d) It is not supported by the Bible.
10. The book is divided up into two, the first of which addresses what problem?
(a) Why atonement needs to occur, and how it could occur if it were to occur.
(b) How mankind came to be so deep in sin.
(c) Why so few humans believe in sin.
(d) What God might have
11. About what is Boso worried?
(a) The Christian doctrines do not make sense.
(b) The doctrine of Christ's atonement for sins does not make sense.
(c) The Christian doctrine of Christ's atonement for sins is completely wrong.
(d) The Christian doctrines are difficult to follow.
12. To what is Gaunilo's piece a response?
(a) Anselm's ontological argument in the Cur Deus Homo.
(b) Anselm's ontological argument in the Monologium.
(c) Anselm's ontological argument in the Proslogium.
(d) Anselm's ontological argument in the Greatest Conceivable Island.
13. What must He be in order to atone for men as a species?
(a) A saint.
(b) A man.
(c) A God.
(d) An angel.
14. Is Boso a Christian?
(a) Most likely not.
15. How is man alienated from God?
(a) By his ignorance.
(b) By his sin.
(c) By his fear.
(d) By his hate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anselm argues that human salvation follows from Christ's death by what?
2. And any soul that hates God will be __________ for all of time.
3. We must be aware that each human soul is ________________ and so will be either completely happy or completely unhappy.
4. When men are resurrected, will they have the same bodies they had in this world?
5. We should believe in God by doing what?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)