|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There must exist a being that is what?
(c) The source of all existence.
2. Who or what is this Word?
(c) All of Creation.
(d) Jesus Christ.
3. Chapters eighteen through twenty-four describe God's what?
(a) Love and kindness.
(b) Desire for justice.
(c) Inability to feel compassion.
(d) Eternality and omnipresence.
4. God must create from what?
(a) Some things.
(c) Few things.
5. God and His idea of Himself exist as what?
(a) Many substances.
(b) A few substances.
(c) One substance.
(d) No substances.
6. On Anselm's view, when we do not ______________ the concept of God, only then can we conceive of Him not existing.
7. God's idea of Himself is equivalent to what?
8. Why must God exist?
(a) He is the standard by which all other things are judged.
(b) The world would fall apart without Him.
(c) To say He does not exist is blasphemous.
(d) We would not exist without Him.
9. How does God exist?
10. This ideal of goodness must be ____________ goodness.
(b) Very good.
11. Chapter forty-nine begins the explanation of the third element of the Trinity. What is this third element?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(b) The Holy Spirit.
(d) The angels.
12. As what does the Word exist?
(a) An idea.
(c) A thing.
(d) A place.
13. Chapters one and two _____________ the ontological argument.
14. God's compassion and justice are compatible because through __________________, God will make the wicked good and thus worthy of forgiveness.
(a) The Eucarist.
15. Men should not expect to understand Him until he has lived with his belief for how long?
(a) A lifetime.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) A short time.
(d) Some time.
Short Answer Questions
1. This being is the best of all beings for what reason?
2. Should the believer, once God has rescued him, question his belief?
3. Chapter two points out that only who would not believe in God?
4. What does the answer to number 86 follow?
5. What does this Word help to "express" or create?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)