|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. We can understand aspects of Him, but we cannot do what?
(a) Love aspects of Him.
(b) Make connections between those aspects.
(c) Listen to Him.
(d) Understand Him in his totality.
2. This being is the best of all beings for what reason?
(a) It is the smartest of all beings.
(b) It is the best of all beings.
(c) It is the most compassionate of all beings.
(d) It is the source of all being.
3. Why must the answer to number 35 exist?
(a) Otherwise all things would be good.
(b) Otherwise God would not hear our call for help.
(c) Otherwise we could not truly say of anything that it is better than another thing.
(d) Otherwise we could not understand goodness.
4. In chapter fourteen, Anselm follows up by arguing that God can be seen but also not seen by who?
(a) The devil.
(b) All of mankind.
(c) Those who follow and seek Him.
(d) The angels.
5. Does God derive His existence through nothing?
(a) Most likely.
6. Through ________ man suffers in misery.
7. This being exists in the ________ sense.
8. Anselm begins the Proslogium in the preface by stating his dissatisfaction with _______________ and his rationale for writing the Proslogium.
(a) The Proslogium.
(b) The Duologium.
(c) The Monologium.
(d) The Triologium.
9. Is this "Word" the same substance as Himself?
10. All things live through whom?
11. To be God is to be what?
(b) The only god.
(c) The leader of the gods.
(d) The thing that has no equal and no superior.
12. Anselm believes that his project of proving God's existence is a case of "________ seeking understanding."
(a) The unsure.
13. The expression of God is identical with _______.
14. All beings others than God exist through whom?
(d) Other gods.
15. God is defined as the being "than which ______________ can be conceived."
(a) Everything greater.
(b) Nothing greater.
(c) Nothing lesser.
(d) Everything lesser.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter one transitions into an exhortation to believers and what prayer to God?
2. We cannot even do what without His help?
3. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God"follows what Gospel?
4. There must exist a being that is what?
5. Everything God created existed in one sense already. How?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)