|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is this word like the name of created beings?
(b) Most likely.
2. God and His Word bear the same relationship to all creation. Do they sustain these relations separately?
3. Anselm argues that the Word "derives" existence from God through His birth, but not His __________.
4. To be God is to be what?
(a) The leader of the gods.
(c) The thing that has no equal and no superior.
(d) The only god.
5. Should the believer, once God has rescued him, question his belief?
6. Chapters one and two _____________ the ontological argument.
7. Chapter thirty argues that the expression of God consists of only one what?
8. God's compassion and justice are compatible because through __________________, God will make the wicked good and thus worthy of forgiveness.
(a) The Eucarist.
9. Anselm knows what he believes, but he also wants to know what?
(a) What he does not believe.
(b) Why it is true.
(c) Why he believes it.
(d) Whether he should believe it.
10. Men should not expect to understand Him until he has lived with his belief for how long?
(a) Some time.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) A lifetime.
(d) A short time.
11. God's idea of Himself is equivalent to what?
12. Chapter forty-nine begins the explanation of the third element of the Trinity. What is this third element?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(b) The angels.
(c) The Holy Spirit.
13. What does the answer to number 86 follow?
(a) The Apostles' Creed.
(b) The Lord's Prayer.
(c) The Nicene Creed.
(d) The Ten Commandments.
14. Humans were created primarily to do what?
(b) See God.
15. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
(c) Do not.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can we as humans not win back our salvation?
2. Chapters eighteen through twenty-four describe God's what?
3. Why must the answer to number 35 exist?
4. Everything God created existed in one sense already. How?
5. There must be an ideal by which to do what?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)