|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Could God have been brought into existence by anything else?
(b) Most likely.
2. What does this Word help to "express" or create?
(a) The world.
(b) Many thing.s
(d) Some things.
3. Why does Anselm respond the way he does in the answer to number 56?
(a) These properties are a part of God, as well as representations of God, so he is not sure if this is enough.
(b) These properties are only representations of Him to us, and not the whole being.
(c) These properties are a part of God, therefore, they can explain who He is.
(d) These properties are representations of God, at the least and should be tested.
4. Chapters one through six describe the relationship of God to what?
(b) His existence.
(c) His angels.
5. God is identical with what?
(c) His own life.
6. Men should not expect to understand Him until he has lived with his belief for how long?
(a) A lifetime.
(b) Some time.
(c) A short time.
(d) Twenty years.
7. Is this "Word" the same substance as Himself?
8. God expresses Himself through a "____________ Word."
9. The existence of everything else is caused to be by what?
(a) An explosion.
(c) Something else.
(d) An accident.
10. Anselm argues that the Word "derives" existence from God through His birth, but not His __________.
11. Chapter sixteen raises a challenge: since God is equivalent to all his properties, can't we understand God when we understand these properties? How does Anselm respond?
(a) He denies this to be true.
(b) He will test this to see if it is true.
(c) He believes this to be true.
(d) He is not sure if this is true.
12. Will anything exist before or after Him?
13. Does God have beginning and/or end?
(b) Only at first.
14. Why can we as humans not win back our salvation?
(a) We are too weak.
(b) We do not want our salvation.
(c) We do not deserve salvation.
(d) We are so corrupt.
15. The _______________ of dignity and existence of all things comes in degrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter thirty-six explains that God creates and knows His creation in what kind of manner?
2. Chapters twenty-five through twenty-nine discuss the fact that God is an unchanging ____________.
3. On Anselm's view, when we do not ______________ the concept of God, only then can we conceive of Him not existing.
4. Chapters eighteen through twenty-four describe God's what?
5. Is God properly listed among common substances?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)