|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter seventeen reiterates what about God?
(a) His justice.
(b) His understanding.
(c) His love.
(d) His simplicity.
2. Chapter sixteen raises a challenge: since God is equivalent to all his properties, can't we understand God when we understand these properties? How does Anselm respond?
(a) He is not sure if this is true.
(b) He denies this to be true.
(c) He believes this to be true.
(d) He will test this to see if it is true.
3. He exclaims that the mind was created to do what?
(a) Be creative.
(c) Contemplate God and focus on Him alone.
4. The first man, Adam, discarded a state of unity with God which was __________ to keep.
(c) Somewhat difficult.
5. God expresses Himself through a "____________ Word."
6. Should the believer, once God has rescued him, question his belief?
7. This _________ contains all ideals; this being is God.
8. On Anselm's view, when we do not ______________ the concept of God, only then can we conceive of Him not existing.
9. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
(c) Do not.
10. Chapters eighteen through twenty-four describe God's what?
(a) Desire for justice.
(b) Love and kindness.
(c) Eternality and omnipresence.
(d) Inability to feel compassion.
11. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God"follows what Gospel?
(a) The Gospel of Luke.
(b) The Gospel of John.
(c) The Gospel of Mark.
(d) The Gospel of Matthew.
12. All things live through whom?
13. God's idea of Himself is equivalent to what?
14. God has no ___________________.
(b) Beginning or end.
15. How is the answer to number 59 stated in the Old Testament?
(a) I AM UNDERSTANDING.
(b) I AM BELIEVED BY ALL.
(c) I AM THE ONLY GOD.
(d) I AM WHO I AM.
Short Answer Questions
1. Men should not expect to understand Him until he has lived with his belief for how long?
2. As what does the Word exist?
3. Chapter thirty argues that the expression of God consists of only one what?
4. What does the answer to number 86 follow?
5. God is best understood as existing every "where" rather than in every _________.
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)