|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God must create from what?
(a) Few things.
(c) Some things.
2. Could God have been brought into existence by anything else?
(d) Most likely.
3. Everything God created existed in one sense already. How?
(a) On another planet.
(b) God experimented prior to creating various beings.
(c) They were ideas in the mind of God.
(d) There were pieces of the creations lying around.
4. Chapter thirty argues that the expression of God consists of only one what?
5. Anselm argues that the argument in number 47 is what?
6. Through ________ man suffers in misery.
7. Does God derive His existence through nothing?
(a) Most likely.
8. How is the answer to number 59 stated in the Old Testament?
(a) I AM THE ONLY GOD.
(b) I AM UNDERSTANDING.
(c) I AM BELIEVED BY ALL.
(d) I AM WHO I AM.
9. Chapter two points out that only who would not believe in God?
(a) A fool.
(b) The smart.
(c) Fallen angels.
10. Is this word like the name of created beings?
(d) Most likely.
11. What is the only absolutely true thing that can be said of God?
(a) He is what He is.
(b) He is the only God.
(c) He can be understood.
(d) Everyone believes He exists.
12. Will anything exist before or after Him?
13. God has how many ultimate descriptions?
14. We can understand aspects of Him, but we cannot do what?
(a) Love aspects of Him.
(b) Make connections between those aspects.
(c) Understand Him in his totality.
(d) Listen to Him.
15. In chapter forty-one we discover that God "begets" in the most perfect and true way but is also __________ in the most perfect and true way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter thirty-six explains that God creates and knows His creation in what kind of manner?
2. On Anselm's view, when we do not ______________ the concept of God, only then can we conceive of Him not existing.
3. Chapters twenty-five through twenty-nine discuss the fact that God is an unchanging ____________.
4. Anselm's arguments will be consistent with what?
5. We can only ascribe certain properties to God within what?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)