|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God is not just with respect to _______. He is just to Himself because He does what is perfectly good.
(d) His angels.
2. God the Father and the Son both possess properties together. Does God also possess separate properties?
(d) Not at first.
3. To be God is to be what?
(a) The only god.
(b) The thing that has no equal and no superior.
(d) The leader of the gods.
4. There must be an ideal by which to do what?
(b) Understand all things.
(c) Compare all things.
5. What is the only method of creating the world?
(b) Through evolution.
(c) Through the Word.
6. As what does the Word exist?
(a) An idea.
(b) A thing.
(d) A place.
7. The Monologium is ______________ than the Proslogium.
(a) Much more tedious.
(b) Much longer.
(c) Much more interesting.
(d) Much shorter.
8. God and His Word bear the same relationship to all creation. Do they sustain these relations separately?
9. In chapter forty-one we discover that God "begets" in the most perfect and true way but is also __________ in the most perfect and true way.
10. What does the answer to number 86 follow?
(a) The Ten Commandments.
(b) The Nicene Creed.
(c) The Lord's Prayer.
(d) The Apostles' Creed.
11. Will anything exist before or after Him?
12. Anselm knows what he believes, but he also wants to know what?
(a) Whether he should believe it.
(b) Why it is true.
(c) Why he believes it.
(d) What he does not believe.
13. Is God properly listed among common substances?
14. Can created substances be accurately compared to Him?
15. Who or what is this Word?
(b) All of Creation.
(c) Jesus Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. We cannot even do what without His help?
2. Does God have beginning and/or end?
3. Chapters twenty-five through twenty-nine discuss the fact that God is an unchanging ____________.
4. Chapter eight explains how God can be compassionate but also lack what?
5. Chapter one transitions into an exhortation to believers and what prayer to God?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)