|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God's conception of Himself and His relation to the world is The Word that has always existed where?
(a) Far from Him.
(b) Near Him.
(c) With Him.
(d) In front of Him.
2. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that all beings other than God derive their nature from whom?
(a) Other gods.
3. Can two objects both possess goodness, but to differing degrees?
4. Chapters one and two _____________ the ontological argument.
5. All things live through whom?
6. God's idea of Himself is equivalent to what?
7. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
(b) Do not.
8. Chapters eighteen through twenty-four describe God's what?
(a) Love and kindness.
(b) Eternality and omnipresence.
(c) Desire for justice.
(d) Inability to feel compassion.
9. Chapters twenty-five through twenty-nine discuss the fact that God is an unchanging ____________.
10. Chapter thirty argues that the expression of God consists of only one what?
11. Why must God exist?
(a) The world would fall apart without Him.
(b) To say He does not exist is blasphemous.
(c) He is the standard by which all other things are judged.
(d) We would not exist without Him.
12. Chapters one through six describe the relationship of God to what?
(a) His existence.
(d) His angels.
13. Chapter forty-nine begins the explanation of the third element of the Trinity. What is this third element?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(b) The angels.
(d) The Holy Spirit.
14. Chapter seventeen reiterates what about God?
(a) His simplicity.
(b) His justice.
(c) His love.
(d) His understanding.
15. Chapter eight explains how God can be compassionate but also lack what?
(d) The feeling of compassion.
Short Answer Questions
1. We cannot even do what without His help?
2. Why must the answer to number 35 exist?
3. Chapter one transitions into an exhortation to believers and what prayer to God?
4. Why can we as humans not win back our salvation?
5. How does God exist?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)