|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God has no ___________________.
(a) Beginning or end.
2. Chapters eighteen through twenty-four describe God's what?
(a) Love and kindness.
(b) Eternality and omnipresence.
(c) Inability to feel compassion.
(d) Desire for justice.
3. What is the only absolutely true thing that can be said of God?
(a) Everyone believes He exists.
(b) He is the only God.
(c) He can be understood.
(d) He is what He is.
4. The _______________ of dignity and existence of all things comes in degrees.
5. Anselm begins the Proslogium in the preface by stating his dissatisfaction with _______________ and his rationale for writing the Proslogium.
(a) The Proslogium.
(b) The Duologium.
(c) The Monologium.
(d) The Triologium.
6. God's compassion and justice are compatible because through __________________, God will make the wicked good and thus worthy of forgiveness.
(d) The Eucarist.
7. In chapter forty-one we discover that God "begets" in the most perfect and true way but is also __________ in the most perfect and true way.
8. How is the answer to number 59 stated in the Old Testament?
(a) I AM UNDERSTANDING.
(b) I AM THE ONLY GOD.
(c) I AM WHO I AM.
(d) I AM BELIEVED BY ALL.
9. Should the believer, once God has rescued him, question his belief?
10. Anselm believes that his project of proving God's existence is a case of "________ seeking understanding."
(d) The unsure.
11. The existence of everything else is caused to be by what?
(a) An explosion.
(b) An accident.
(c) Something else.
12. Can two objects both possess goodness, but to differing degrees?
13. Chapter forty-nine begins the explanation of the third element of the Trinity. What is this third element?
(b) The angels.
(c) Jesus Christ.
(d) The Holy Spirit.
14. This being is the best of all beings for what reason?
(a) It is the best of all beings.
(b) It is the most compassionate of all beings.
(c) It is the source of all being.
(d) It is the smartest of all beings.
15. Chapter five argues that this being must exist through what?
(a) Gods and men.
(b) Human beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through ________ man suffers in misery.
2. The Monologium is ______________ than the Proslogium.
3. Why must the answer to number 35 exist?
4. God and His idea of Himself exist as what?
5. God and His Word bear the same relationship to all creation. Do they sustain these relations separately?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)