|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anselm's Apologetic, Chapters I - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Our inability to conceive of God not existing can tell us what?
(a) How ignorant we are.
(b) What we are unable to conceive.
(c) Whether He is powerful.
(d) Whether He exists.
2. How is Cur Deus Homo written?
(a) As a poem.
(b) As a play.
(c) As an extended argument.
(d) As a dialogue.
3. As what does the Word exist?
(a) An idea.
(b) A place.
(d) A thing.
4. What compels God to complete His original plan?
(a) His anger towards man.
(b) His trust in Himself.
(c) His goodness.
(d) His embarrassment.
5. The Monologium is ______________ than the Proslogium.
(a) Much shorter.
(b) Much longer.
(c) Much more interesting.
(d) Much more tedious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a being with all of God's properties missing?
2. Why was Cur Deus Homo written?
3. The Appendix of Anselm: Basic Writings contains how many documents?
4. They say that Christians do injustice to God by claiming what?
5. Does Gaunilo believe Anselm's Ontological Argument to be correct?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)