|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anselm's Apologetic, Chapters I - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason that the rational mind was created?
(a) So it one can be organized.
(b) So it can think through problems.
(c) So that it might love its Creator, God.
(d) So it does not feel emotion.
2. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God"follows what Gospel?
(a) The Gospel of Mark.
(b) The Gospel of Matthew.
(c) The Gospel of John.
(d) The Gospel of Luke.
3. In chapter forty-one we discover that God "begets" in the most perfect and true way but is also __________ in the most perfect and true way.
4. The soul's efforts must be directed towards what?
(a) The good.
5. Gaunilo's argument is that Anselm's Ontological Argument, if correct, proves what?
(b) A little.
(c) Too little.
(d) Too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. God is defined as the being "than which ______________ can be conceived."
2. Everything God created existed in one sense already. How?
3. The first man, Adam, discarded a state of unity with God which was __________ to keep.
4. What document is by Gaunilo?
5. The island Gaunilo describes is greater than an island with all of the Island's properties save what?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)