|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anselm's Apologetic, Chapters I - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rational mind is the _________ part of us.
2. On Gaunilo's view, why does the argument fail?
(a) It is not supported by the Bible.
(b) It does not make sense.
(c) It confuses what exists in the understanding with what exists in reality.
(d) Anselm believes he is always right.
3. There is no contradiction between any two statements about the Trinity; thus, we can understand how it is what?
(c) Not false.
4. On Anselm's view, when we do not ______________ the concept of God, only then can we conceive of Him not existing.
5. God exists in every place and time. Can he also exist in neither any place nor any time?
(b) Most likely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is this word like the name of created beings?
2. Chapter one informs the reader that Christians have been ridiculed for their theory of the atonement, particularly for what idea?
3. How does God exist?
4. Anselm begins the Proslogium in the preface by stating his dissatisfaction with _______________ and his rationale for writing the Proslogium.
5. Can one merely believe?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)