|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anselm's Apologetic, Chapters I - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What compels God to complete His original plan?
(a) His embarrassment.
(b) His trust in Himself.
(c) His goodness.
(d) His anger towards man.
2. Why is this island greater than an island with all of the Island's properties save the answer to number 158?
(a) Island possesses faith and an Island without faith does not.
(b) Island possesses existence and an Island without existence does not.
(c) Island possesses understanding and an Island without understanding does not.
(d) Island possesses love and an Island without love does not.
3. The island Gaunilo describes is greater than an island with all of the Island's properties save what?
4. Chapter sixteen raises a challenge: since God is equivalent to all his properties, can't we understand God when we understand these properties? How does Anselm respond?
(a) He will test this to see if it is true.
(b) He believes this to be true.
(c) He denies this to be true.
(d) He is not sure if this is true.
5. Can two objects both possess goodness, but to differing degrees?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Boso's role?
2. We can understand aspects of Him, but we cannot do what?
3. What must He be in order to atone for men as a species?
4. Gaunilo's argument is that Anselm's Ontological Argument, if correct, proves what?
5. Can we truly understand the nature of the Trinity?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)