|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anselm's Apologetic, Chapters I - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what is Gaunilo's piece a response?
(a) Anselm's ontological argument in the Monologium.
(b) Anselm's ontological argument in the Greatest Conceivable Island.
(c) Anselm's ontological argument in the Cur Deus Homo.
(d) Anselm's ontological argument in the Proslogium.
2. What has Gaunilo misrepresented?
(a) Human understanding.
(b) Anselm's argument.
(c) His own argument.
(d) The traditions of the Church.
3. This being exists in the ________ sense.
4. Is Anselm's task of defending the Christian faith complete?
(a) For the most part.
5. Anselm argues that God must incarnate as one from whose race?
Short Answer Questions
1. He gives the famous counterexample of what?
2. Chapters twenty-five through twenty-nine discuss the fact that God is an unchanging ____________.
3. Can one merely believe?
4. The second book shows how Jesus could do what?
5. Anselm responds to Gaunilo in how many chapters?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)