|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anselm's Apologetic, Chapters I - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All things live through whom?
2. Chapter two points out that only who would not believe in God?
(a) The smart.
(b) A fool.
(c) Fallen angels.
3. Souls will be awarded according to what?
4. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that God is not only omnipotent but incapable of certain things. What can He not do?
(a) He cannot force us to believe and He cannot bend our wills.
(b) He cannot care about others and He cannot hear our pleas.
(c) He cannot be tricked by evil and He cannot have complete power.
(d) He cannot do evil and He cannot fail to have maximal power.
5. Is this word like the name of created beings?
(d) Most likely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anselm begins the Proslogium in the preface by stating his dissatisfaction with _______________ and his rationale for writing the Proslogium.
2. Is this "Word" the same substance as Himself?
3. God is greater than what?
4. In chapter fourteen, Anselm follows up by arguing that God can be seen but also not seen by who?
5. How does Gaunilo draw an analogy to God's existence?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)