|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anselm's Apologetic, Chapters I - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anselm continues to press the argument that there is a tie between understanding and what?
2. A being can be inferred to exist if it is what?
(a) An angel.
(b) Not a being.
(c) The least conceivable being.
(d) The greatest conceivable being.
3. What must we understand?
(a) Why God became man and why He was resurrected.
(b) Why He was born of a virgin and had to die.
(c) How God became man, why He did it and why He had to die and be resurrected.
(d) How God became man and why He had to die.
4. Anselm argues that the Word "derives" existence from God through His birth, but not His __________.
5. Chapter nine emphasizes that only who within the Trinity can take on the nature of man?
(a) Two of the persons.
(b) All of the persons.
(c) None of the persons.
(d) One of the persons.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter forty-one we discover that God "begets" in the most perfect and true way but is also __________ in the most perfect and true way.
2. Humans were created primarily to do what?
3. God's compassion and justice are compatible because through __________________, God will make the wicked good and thus worthy of forgiveness.
4. Can one merely believe?
5. Through ________ man suffers in misery.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)