|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anselm's Apologetic, Chapters I - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The rational mind is the _________ part of us.
2. Will anything exist before or after Him?
3. Chapter one informs the reader that Christians have been ridiculed for their theory of the atonement, particularly for what idea?
(a) That God is the same as Jesus Christ.
(b) That God would let His Son die.
(c) That Christ died.
(d) That God become man.
4. God is conceivable in what sense?
(a) He can be imagined in the understanding and could exist in reality.
(b) He can be imagined in the understanding and could not exist in reality.
(c) He cannot be imagined in the understanding and could not exist in reality.
(d) He cannot be imagined in the understanding and could exist in reality.
5. Anselm argues that the Word "derives" existence from God through His birth, but not His __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. God exists in every place and time. Can he also exist in neither any place nor any time?
2. Chapter five argues that this being must exist through what?
3. This ideal of goodness must be ____________ goodness.
4. Can two objects both possess goodness, but to differing degrees?
5. Man would never have ________ unless he sinned.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)