|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anselm's Apologetic, Chapters I - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter five maintains that only God could redeem humanity. Why?
(a) It would take too long for humanity to give up sin.
(b) Humans are not interested in redemption.
(c) He knows how He wants His creation redeemed.
(d) Human sin is too serious for any human to do it.
2. What we can understand is a guide to what?
(a) We can understand.
(b) We can believe.
(c) We can trust.
(d) We can conceive.
3. Anselm knows what he believes, but he also wants to know what?
(a) Why he believes it.
(b) Why it is true.
(c) What he does not believe.
(d) Whether he should believe it.
4. Anselm argues that the Word "derives" existence from God through His birth, but not His __________.
5. Some being had to __________ being.
(a) Evolve into.
(c) Hope for.
(d) Change into another.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is this word like the name of created beings?
2. Is the island analogous to God?
3. On Anselm's view, what we can conceive and cannot conceive is a guide to what?
4. Chapter sixteen raises a challenge: since God is equivalent to all his properties, can't we understand God when we understand these properties? How does Anselm respond?
5. What compels God to complete His original plan?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)