|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anselm's Apologetic, Chapters I - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. They say that Christians do injustice to God by claiming what?
(a) He had a son.
(b) He died.
(c) He was born a man.
(d) He was born of a virgin.
2. Anselm first denies it is a fallacy to deduce what?
(a) A being must have love.
(b) The existence of a being in reality from one that exists in the understanding.
(c) The existence of a being in the understanding from one that exists in reality.
(d) A being must have faith.
3. God's idea of Himself is equivalent to what?
4. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
(a) Do not.
5. Why can we as humans not win back our salvation?
(a) We are too weak.
(b) We are so corrupt.
(c) We do not deserve salvation.
(d) We do not want our salvation.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the soul loves God, He is blessed and God does what?
2. He maintains that Gaunilo has contradicted himself by arguing what?
3. God possesses ____________, and a being can have all of God's properties but this.
4. What is the only absolutely true thing that can be said of God?
5. As what does the Word exist?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)