|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Behalf of the Fool.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter eight explains how God can be compassionate but also lack what?
(a) The feeling of compassion.
2. Anselm argues that human salvation follows from Christ's death by what?
(a) Faith in His resurrection.
(b) Hope for His resurrection.
(c) Fear in one's own death.
(d) Faith in His death for humanity's sins.
3. Can One can infer the existence of X in reality from its existence in the understanding?
(a) Most likely.
4. What is the purpose of Gaunilo's piece?
(a) To have Anselm clarify his beliefs.
(b) To critique Anselm's beliefs.
(c) To question God.
(d) To complain.
5. Chapter seventeen reiterates what about God?
(a) His understanding.
(b) His love.
(c) His justice.
(d) His simplicity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anselm argues that the Word "derives" existence from God through His birth, but not His __________.
2. Through ________ man suffers in misery.
3. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God"follows what Gospel?
4. This ideal of goodness must be ____________ goodness.
5. What does the answer to number 86 follow?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)