|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Behalf of the Fool.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He must be born of a woman. Why?
(a) Otherwise, He would be disconnected from a human lineage.
(b) So others would trust Him.
(c) So God would know what it was like to have a son.
(d) So he could be on earth, first, as a baby.
2. To what is Gaunilo's piece a response?
(a) Anselm's ontological argument in the Monologium.
(b) Anselm's ontological argument in the Greatest Conceivable Island.
(c) Anselm's ontological argument in the Proslogium.
(d) Anselm's ontological argument in the Cur Deus Homo.
3. On Gaunilo's view, why does the argument fail?
(a) It does not make sense.
(b) It is not supported by the Bible.
(c) Anselm believes he is always right.
(d) It confuses what exists in the understanding with what exists in reality.
4. About what is Boso worried?
(a) The Christian doctrines are difficult to follow.
(b) The Christian doctrines do not make sense.
(c) The doctrine of Christ's atonement for sins does not make sense.
(d) The Christian doctrine of Christ's atonement for sins is completely wrong.
5. Chapter thirty-six explains that God creates and knows His creation in what kind of manner?
(a) A comprehensible manner.
(b) An unusual manner.
(c) An incomprehensible manner.
(d) A distant manner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Humans were created primarily to do what?
2. Chapter one transitions into an exhortation to believers and what prayer to God?
3. Is Boso a Christian?
4. God and His idea of Himself exist as what?
5. This _________ contains all ideals; this being is God.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)