|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Behalf of the Fool.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Gaunilo's view, why does the argument fail?
(a) Anselm believes he is always right.
(b) It is not supported by the Bible.
(c) It confuses what exists in the understanding with what exists in reality.
(d) It does not make sense.
2. Anselm argues that the argument in number 47 is what?
3. God's compassion and justice are compatible because through __________________, God will make the wicked good and thus worthy of forgiveness.
(d) The Eucarist.
4. There must be an ideal by which to do what?
(a) Understand all things.
(d) Compare all things.
5. This being is the best of all beings for what reason?
(a) It is the most compassionate of all beings.
(b) It is the source of all being.
(c) It is the best of all beings.
(d) It is the smartest of all beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. The rational mind is the closest method of approaching who or what?
2. This ideal of goodness must be ____________ goodness.
3. How does Gaunilo draw an analogy to God's existence?
4. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God"follows what Gospel?
5. They say that Christians do injustice to God by claiming what?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)