|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cur Deus Homo, Book I, Chapters I - XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To be God is to be what?
(a) The only god.
(b) The leader of the gods.
(c) The thing that has no equal and no superior.
2. The Monologium is ______________ than the Proslogium.
(a) Much longer.
(b) Much more interesting.
(c) Much shorter.
(d) Much more tedious.
3. All things live through whom?
4. Chapter two points out that only who would not believe in God?
(a) A fool.
(b) The smart.
(c) Fallen angels.
5. Why is the answer to number 33 this type of goodness?
(a) Only one type of goodness exists.
(b) If it were not, it would not be an ideal.
(c) Only some things can be good.
(d) If it were not, it would be ideal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
2. Could God have been brought into existence by anything else?
3. Anselm argues that the Word "derives" existence from God through His birth, but not His __________.
4. Anselm's arguments will be consistent with what?
5. Who or what is this Word?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)