|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cur Deus Homo, Book I, Chapters I - XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anselm respond the way he does in the answer to number 56?
(a) These properties are representations of God, at the least and should be tested.
(b) These properties are only representations of Him to us, and not the whole being.
(c) These properties are a part of God, as well as representations of God, so he is not sure if this is enough.
(d) These properties are a part of God, therefore, they can explain who He is.
2. The rational mind is the closest method of approaching who or what?
3. What does this Word help to "express" or create?
(a) Many thing.s
(b) Some things.
(d) The world.
4. Chapters one and two _____________ the ontological argument.
5. The book is divided up into two, the first of which addresses what problem?
(a) Why so few humans believe in sin.
(b) Why atonement needs to occur, and how it could occur if it were to occur.
(c) How mankind came to be so deep in sin.
(d) What God might have
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only absolutely true thing that can be said of God?
2. In chapter fourteen, Anselm follows up by arguing that God can be seen but also not seen by who?
3. Chapter five maintains that only God could redeem humanity. Why?
4. Chapter one transitions into an exhortation to believers and what prayer to God?
5. God expresses Himself through a "____________ Word."
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)