|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cur Deus Homo, Book I, Chapters I - XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Infidels argue that Christ's condescension to not only become man but to act as he did was what?
2. What is Boso's role?
(a) He is Anselm's ally.
(b) He contradicts all that Anselm believes.
(c) He challenges Anselm's theory of atonement.
(d) He challenges all of Anselm's theories.
3. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
(c) Do not.
4. To be God is to be what?
(b) The thing that has no equal and no superior.
(c) The only god.
(d) The leader of the gods.
5. Why can we as humans not win back our salvation?
(a) We are so corrupt.
(b) We are too weak.
(c) We do not want our salvation.
(d) We do not deserve salvation.
Short Answer Questions
1. God is not just with respect to _______. He is just to Himself because He does what is perfectly good.
2. God and His idea of Himself exist as what?
3. Chapters three through eight discuss the ___________ of the "infidels" to the theory of the atonement.
4. Why must God exist?
5. Chapter five argues that this being must exist through what?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)