|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cur Deus Homo, Book I, Chapters I - XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All beings others than God exist through whom?
(b) Other gods.
2. Why is the answer to number 33 this type of goodness?
(a) If it were not, it would be ideal.
(b) Only some things can be good.
(c) Only one type of goodness exists.
(d) If it were not, it would not be an ideal.
3. The existence of everything else is caused to be by what?
(a) An explosion.
(c) An accident.
(d) Something else.
4. This being is the best of all beings for what reason?
(a) It is the best of all beings.
(b) It is the smartest of all beings.
(c) It is the most compassionate of all beings.
(d) It is the source of all being.
5. There must be an ideal by which to do what?
(b) Understand all things.
(d) Compare all things.
Short Answer Questions
1. The book is divided up into two, the first of which addresses what problem?
2. Anselm believes that his project of proving God's existence is a case of "________ seeking understanding."
3. When we compare two objects, we must implicitly rely on what?
4. Why does God do what He does in the answer to number 99?
5. God can be properly called what, in regards to the Trinity?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)