|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cur Deus Homo, Book I, Chapters I - XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is Boso a Christian?
(d) Most likely not.
2. Chapter sixteen raises a challenge: since God is equivalent to all his properties, can't we understand God when we understand these properties? How does Anselm respond?
(a) He believes this to be true.
(b) He is not sure if this is true.
(c) He will test this to see if it is true.
(d) He denies this to be true.
3. Anselm argues that the Word "derives" existence from God through His birth, but not His __________.
4. Why must God exist?
(a) To say He does not exist is blasphemous.
(b) The world would fall apart without Him.
(c) He is the standard by which all other things are judged.
(d) We would not exist without Him.
5. All things live through whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anselm respond the way he does in the answer to number 56?
2. Why can we as humans not win back our salvation?
3. Should we believe in the Trinity?
4. God the Father and the Son both possess properties together. Does God also possess separate properties?
5. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that God is not only omnipotent but incapable of certain things. What can He not do?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)