|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cur Deus Homo, Book I, Chapters I - XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God and His Word bear the same relationship to all creation. Do they sustain these relations separately?
2. As what does the Word exist?
(a) An idea.
(b) A thing.
(d) A place.
3. What is Boso's role?
(a) He challenges all of Anselm's theories.
(b) He challenges Anselm's theory of atonement.
(c) He contradicts all that Anselm believes.
(d) He is Anselm's ally.
4. Is Boso a Christian?
(a) Most likely not.
5. Why does Anselm respond the way he does in the answer to number 56?
(a) These properties are only representations of Him to us, and not the whole being.
(b) These properties are a part of God, as well as representations of God, so he is not sure if this is enough.
(c) These properties are a part of God, therefore, they can explain who He is.
(d) These properties are representations of God, at the least and should be tested.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Cur Deus Homo written?
2. In chapter forty-one we discover that God "begets" in the most perfect and true way but is also __________ in the most perfect and true way.
3. The first man, Adam, discarded a state of unity with God which was __________ to keep.
4. Anselm believes that his project of proving God's existence is a case of "________ seeking understanding."
5. God is defined as the being "than which ______________ can be conceived."
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)