|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cur Deus Homo, Book I, Chapters I - XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter sixteen raises a challenge: since God is equivalent to all his properties, can't we understand God when we understand these properties? How does Anselm respond?
(a) He denies this to be true.
(b) He is not sure if this is true.
(c) He will test this to see if it is true.
(d) He believes this to be true.
2. When we compare two objects, we must implicitly rely on what?
(a) Some standard or ideal to distinguish which is better.
(b) The object which is better to stand out.
(c) Someone to tell us which is better.
(d) Our common sense to distinguish which is better.
3. The _______________ of dignity and existence of all things comes in degrees.
4. God exists in every place and time. Can he also exist in neither any place nor any time?
(b) Most likely.
5. What does this Word help to "express" or create?
(a) Some things.
(b) The world.
(d) Many thing.s
Short Answer Questions
1. What must we understand?
2. Why does Anselm respond the way he does in the answer to number 56?
3. God the Father and the Son both possess properties together. Does God also possess separate properties?
4. As what does the Word exist?
5. We must be aware that each human soul is ________________ and so will be either completely happy or completely unhappy.
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)