|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cur Deus Homo, Book I, Chapters I - XXV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter thirty-six explains that God creates and knows His creation in what kind of manner?
(a) A distant manner.
(b) An unusual manner.
(c) An incomprehensible manner.
(d) A comprehensible manner.
2. What does this Word help to "express" or create?
(a) The world.
(b) Some things.
(d) Many thing.s
3. God can be properly called what, in regards to the Trinity?
(a) All in One.
(c) Both three and one.
(d) Three inequal parts.
4. The expression of God is identical with _______.
5. And any soul that hates God will be __________ for all of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter five maintains that only God could redeem humanity. Why?
2. We can only ascribe certain properties to God within what?
3. The first man, Adam, discarded a state of unity with God which was __________ to keep.
4. Chapter sixteen raises a challenge: since God is equivalent to all his properties, can't we understand God when we understand these properties? How does Anselm respond?
5. What is the reason that the rational mind was created?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)