|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters XXX - LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As what does the Word exist?
(a) A place.
(c) An idea.
(d) A thing.
2. Chapter thirty argues that the expression of God consists of only one what?
3. We can only ascribe certain properties to God within what?
(a) The Bible.
(b) His understanding.
(d) Our understanding.
4. God has no ___________________.
(a) Beginning or end.
5. When we compare two objects, we must implicitly rely on what?
(a) Our common sense to distinguish which is better.
(b) Someone to tell us which is better.
(c) Some standard or ideal to distinguish which is better.
(d) The object which is better to stand out.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Anselm's view, when we do not ______________ the concept of God, only then can we conceive of Him not existing.
2. Chapter thirty-six explains that God creates and knows His creation in what kind of manner?
3. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God"follows what Gospel?
4. Anselm argues that the argument in number 47 is what?
5. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)