|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters XXX - LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does God derive His existence through nothing?
(c) Most likely.
2. There must be an ideal by which to do what?
(b) Compare all things.
(c) Understand all things.
3. All beings others than God exist through whom?
(c) Other gods.
4. God's idea of Himself is equivalent to what?
5. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that God is not only omnipotent but incapable of certain things. What can He not do?
(a) He cannot force us to believe and He cannot bend our wills.
(b) He cannot be tricked by evil and He cannot have complete power.
(c) He cannot care about others and He cannot hear our pleas.
(d) He cannot do evil and He cannot fail to have maximal power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapters one and two _____________ the ontological argument.
2. This being is the best of all beings for what reason?
3. We can only ascribe certain properties to God within what?
4. God is not just with respect to _______. He is just to Himself because He does what is perfectly good.
5. Why must God exist?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)