|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters XXX - LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can we as humans not win back our salvation?
(a) We do not deserve salvation.
(b) We do not want our salvation.
(c) We are too weak.
(d) We are so corrupt.
2. Anselm believes that his project of proving God's existence is a case of "________ seeking understanding."
(a) The unsure.
3. God expresses Himself through a "____________ Word."
4. Why is the answer to number 33 this type of goodness?
(a) If it were not, it would be ideal.
(b) If it were not, it would not be an ideal.
(c) Only one type of goodness exists.
(d) Only some things can be good.
5. Chapters one through six describe the relationship of God to what?
(a) His existence.
(c) His angels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is God properly listed among common substances?
2. This being exists in the ________ sense.
3. On Anselm's view, when we do not ______________ the concept of God, only then can we conceive of Him not existing.
4. Everything God created existed in one sense already. How?
5. We cannot even do what without His help?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)