|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters XXX - LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter forty-nine begins the explanation of the third element of the Trinity. What is this third element?
(a) The angels.
(c) The Holy Spirit.
(d) Jesus Christ.
2. Anselm believes that his project of proving God's existence is a case of "________ seeking understanding."
(b) The unsure.
3. Why must God exist?
(a) He is the standard by which all other things are judged.
(b) To say He does not exist is blasphemous.
(c) We would not exist without Him.
(d) The world would fall apart without Him.
4. God is identical with what?
(c) His own life.
5. What is the only absolutely true thing that can be said of God?
(a) Everyone believes He exists.
(b) He can be understood.
(c) He is what He is.
(d) He is the only God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Can created substances be accurately compared to Him?
2. God and His idea of Himself exist as what?
3. How does God exist?
4. Chapter seventeen reiterates what about God?
5. Humans were created primarily to do what?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)