|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters XXX - LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the answer to number 33 this type of goodness?
(a) If it were not, it would not be an ideal.
(b) Only some things can be good.
(c) If it were not, it would be ideal.
(d) Only one type of goodness exists.
2. To be God is to be what?
(a) The only god.
(b) The thing that has no equal and no superior.
(c) The leader of the gods.
3. Chapters twenty-five through twenty-nine discuss the fact that God is an unchanging ____________.
4. God exists in every place and time. Can he also exist in neither any place nor any time?
(a) Most likely.
5. In chapter forty-one we discover that God "begets" in the most perfect and true way but is also __________ in the most perfect and true way.
Short Answer Questions
1. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God"follows what Gospel?
2. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that all beings other than God derive their nature from whom?
3. Chapter eight explains how God can be compassionate but also lack what?
4. When we compare two objects, we must implicitly rely on what?
5. Some being had to __________ being.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)