|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters XXX - LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. We can only ascribe certain properties to God within what?
(a) The Bible.
(b) Our understanding.
(d) His understanding.
2. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
(c) Do not.
3. Humans were created primarily to do what?
(b) See God.
4. Chapter thirty-six explains that God creates and knows His creation in what kind of manner?
(a) An incomprehensible manner.
(b) A distant manner.
(c) An unusual manner.
(d) A comprehensible manner.
5. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that all beings other than God derive their nature from whom?
(a) Other gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. There must exist a being that is what?
2. Chapters one and two _____________ the ontological argument.
3. The expression of God is identical with _______.
4. All beings others than God exist through whom?
5. Why does Anselm respond the way he does in the answer to number 56?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)