|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters XXX - LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God is best understood as existing every "where" rather than in every _________.
2. Why does Anselm respond the way he does in the answer to number 56?
(a) These properties are a part of God, as well as representations of God, so he is not sure if this is enough.
(b) These properties are only representations of Him to us, and not the whole being.
(c) These properties are representations of God, at the least and should be tested.
(d) These properties are a part of God, therefore, they can explain who He is.
3. God's conception of Himself and His relation to the world is The Word that has always existed where?
(a) With Him.
(b) In front of Him.
(c) Far from Him.
(d) Near Him.
4. God is not just with respect to _______. He is just to Himself because He does what is perfectly good.
(a) His angels.
5. As what does the Word exist?
(b) An idea.
(c) A place.
(d) A thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is God properly listed among common substances?
2. Chapters twenty-five through twenty-nine discuss the fact that God is an unchanging ____________.
3. We can understand aspects of Him, but we cannot do what?
4. We cannot even do what without His help?
5. Humans were created primarily to do what?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)