|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters XXX - LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Humans were created primarily to do what?
(b) See God.
2. Chapter sixteen raises a challenge: since God is equivalent to all his properties, can't we understand God when we understand these properties? How does Anselm respond?
(a) He is not sure if this is true.
(b) He believes this to be true.
(c) He denies this to be true.
(d) He will test this to see if it is true.
3. Acquiring accidents is a process of ___________.
4. The expression of God is identical with _______.
5. Is this word like the name of created beings?
(a) Most likely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anselm argues that the Word "derives" existence from God through His birth, but not His __________.
2. Why can we as humans not win back our salvation?
3. Is this "Word" the same substance as Himself?
4. This being is the best of all beings for what reason?
5. This ideal of goodness must be ____________ goodness.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)