|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters XXX - LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anselm believes that his project of proving God's existence is a case of "________ seeking understanding."
(a) The unsure.
2. Chapter forty-nine begins the explanation of the third element of the Trinity. What is this third element?
(a) The angels.
(c) Jesus Christ.
(d) The Holy Spirit.
3. This being exists in the ________ sense.
4. Chapters one through six describe the relationship of God to what?
(a) His angels.
(c) His existence.
5. The _______________ of dignity and existence of all things comes in degrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. God is not just with respect to _______. He is just to Himself because He does what is perfectly good.
2. Why can we as humans not win back our salvation?
3. Should the believer, once God has rescued him, question his belief?
4. This being is the best of all beings for what reason?
5. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)