|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters XXX - LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. All things live through whom?
2. The first man, Adam, discarded a state of unity with God which was __________ to keep.
(d) Somewhat difficult.
3. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God"follows what Gospel?
(a) The Gospel of Matthew.
(b) The Gospel of John.
(c) The Gospel of Mark.
(d) The Gospel of Luke.
4. Chapter seventeen reiterates what about God?
(a) His simplicity.
(b) His understanding.
(c) His love.
(d) His justice.
5. Who or what is this Word?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(b) All of Creation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anselm begins the Proslogium in the preface by stating his dissatisfaction with _______________ and his rationale for writing the Proslogium.
2. God expresses Himself through a "____________ Word."
3. Chapters one through six describe the relationship of God to what?
4. On Anselm's view, when we do not ______________ the concept of God, only then can we conceive of Him not existing.
5. We can only ascribe certain properties to God within what?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)