|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters XXX - LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter thirty-six explains that God creates and knows His creation in what kind of manner?
(a) A comprehensible manner.
(b) An unusual manner.
(c) A distant manner.
(d) An incomprehensible manner.
2. On Anselm's view, when we do not ______________ the concept of God, only then can we conceive of Him not existing.
3. Chapters twenty-five through twenty-nine discuss the fact that God is an unchanging ____________.
4. What is the only method of creating the world?
(b) Through the Word.
(d) Through evolution.
5. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
(a) Do not.
Short Answer Questions
1. God is identical with what?
2. Humans were created primarily to do what?
3. This being is the best of all beings for what reason?
4. God must create from what?
5. Anselm argues that the argument in number 47 is what?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)