|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters XXX - LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must God exist?
(a) He is the standard by which all other things are judged.
(b) To say He does not exist is blasphemous.
(c) The world would fall apart without Him.
(d) We would not exist without Him.
2. Anselm believes that his project of proving God's existence is a case of "________ seeking understanding."
(a) The unsure.
3. Chapter eight explains how God can be compassionate but also lack what?
(d) The feeling of compassion.
4. How is the answer to number 59 stated in the Old Testament?
(a) I AM WHO I AM.
(b) I AM THE ONLY GOD.
(c) I AM BELIEVED BY ALL.
(d) I AM UNDERSTANDING.
5. God the Father and the Son both possess properties together. Does God also possess separate properties?
(d) Not at first.
Short Answer Questions
1. We can understand aspects of Him, but we cannot do what?
2. What is the only method of creating the world?
3. Anselm argues that the Word "derives" existence from God through His birth, but not His __________.
4. Why does Anselm respond the way he does in the answer to number 56?
5. When we compare two objects, we must implicitly rely on what?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)