|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters XXX - LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Humans were created primarily to do what?
(c) See God.
2. God is identical with what?
(d) His own life.
3. Chapter eight explains how God can be compassionate but also lack what?
(a) The feeling of compassion.
4. Why must God exist?
(a) To say He does not exist is blasphemous.
(b) He is the standard by which all other things are judged.
(c) We would not exist without Him.
(d) The world would fall apart without Him.
5. What is the only absolutely true thing that can be said of God?
(a) Everyone believes He exists.
(b) He can be understood.
(c) He is what He is.
(d) He is the only God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anselm believes that his project of proving God's existence is a case of "________ seeking understanding."
2. God's conception of Himself and His relation to the world is The Word that has always existed where?
3. What is the only method of creating the world?
4. God and His idea of Himself exist as what?
5. God and His Word bear the same relationship to all creation. Do they sustain these relations separately?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)