|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters XXX - LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God is identical with what?
(b) His own life.
2. God is defined as the being "than which ______________ can be conceived."
(a) Everything lesser.
(b) Everything greater.
(c) Nothing greater.
(d) Nothing lesser.
3. Why can we as humans not win back our salvation?
(a) We are too weak.
(b) We do not deserve salvation.
(c) We are so corrupt.
(d) We do not want our salvation.
4. The _______________ of dignity and existence of all things comes in degrees.
5. Is this "Word" the same substance as Himself?
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter thirty-six explains that God creates and knows His creation in what kind of manner?
2. Chapter sixteen raises a challenge: since God is equivalent to all his properties, can't we understand God when we understand these properties? How does Anselm respond?
3. Can created substances be accurately compared to Him?
4. Is God properly listed among common substances?
5. Why must God exist?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)