|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters XXX - LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God and His idea of Himself exist as what?
(a) A few substances.
(b) Many substances.
(c) No substances.
(d) One substance.
2. He exclaims that the mind was created to do what?
(b) Contemplate God and focus on Him alone.
(c) Be creative.
3. God exists in every place and time. Can he also exist in neither any place nor any time?
(d) Most likely.
4. What does the answer to number 86 follow?
(a) The Nicene Creed.
(b) The Apostles' Creed.
(c) The Lord's Prayer.
(d) The Ten Commandments.
5. Chapter sixteen raises a challenge: since God is equivalent to all his properties, can't we understand God when we understand these properties? How does Anselm respond?
(a) He is not sure if this is true.
(b) He believes this to be true.
(c) He denies this to be true.
(d) He will test this to see if it is true.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first man, Adam, discarded a state of unity with God which was __________ to keep.
2. What does this Word help to "express" or create?
3. Chapter two points out that only who would not believe in God?
4. This ideal of goodness must be ____________ goodness.
5. What is the only absolutely true thing that can be said of God?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)