|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters XXX - LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is this word like the name of created beings?
(d) Most likely.
2. Anselm argues that the Word "derives" existence from God through His birth, but not His __________.
3. How is the answer to number 59 stated in the Old Testament?
(a) I AM THE ONLY GOD.
(b) I AM BELIEVED BY ALL.
(c) I AM WHO I AM.
(d) I AM UNDERSTANDING.
4. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
(b) Do not.
5. The first man, Adam, discarded a state of unity with God which was __________ to keep.
(c) Somewhat difficult.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is this "Word" the same substance as Himself?
2. All things live through whom?
3. The Monologium is ______________ than the Proslogium.
4. Chapter five argues that this being must exist through what?
5. God's compassion and justice are compatible because through __________________, God will make the wicked good and thus worthy of forgiveness.
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)