|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters XXX - LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When we compare two objects, we must implicitly rely on what?
(a) Some standard or ideal to distinguish which is better.
(b) The object which is better to stand out.
(c) Our common sense to distinguish which is better.
(d) Someone to tell us which is better.
2. God's idea of Himself is equivalent to what?
3. God is not just with respect to _______. He is just to Himself because He does what is perfectly good.
(b) His angels.
4. God and His idea of Himself exist as what?
(a) A few substances.
(b) One substance.
(c) No substances.
(d) Many substances.
5. Some being had to __________ being.
(a) Evolve into.
(c) Change into another.
(d) Hope for.
Short Answer Questions
1. God expresses Himself through a "____________ Word."
2. The first man, Adam, discarded a state of unity with God which was __________ to keep.
3. Anselm believes that his project of proving God's existence is a case of "________ seeking understanding."
4. Chapters twenty-five through twenty-nine discuss the fact that God is an unchanging ____________.
5. The Monologium is ______________ than the Proslogium.
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)