|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters XXX - LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God's conception of Himself and His relation to the world is The Word that has always existed where?
(a) Far from Him.
(b) In front of Him.
(c) Near Him.
(d) With Him.
2. Anselm argues that the Word "derives" existence from God through His birth, but not His __________.
3. The Monologium is ______________ than the Proslogium.
(a) Much shorter.
(b) Much more tedious.
(c) Much longer.
(d) Much more interesting.
4. This ideal of goodness must be ____________ goodness.
(b) Very good.
5. When we compare two objects, we must implicitly rely on what?
(a) Some standard or ideal to distinguish which is better.
(b) The object which is better to stand out.
(c) Someone to tell us which is better.
(d) Our common sense to distinguish which is better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Everything God created existed in one sense already. How?
2. As what does the Word exist?
3. All beings others than God exist through whom?
4. Acquiring accidents is a process of ___________.
5. We can only ascribe certain properties to God within what?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)