|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters XXX - LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God must create from what?
(a) Some things.
(d) Few things.
2. Men should not expect to understand Him until he has lived with his belief for how long?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) A lifetime.
(c) Some time.
(d) A short time.
3. What is the only method of creating the world?
(b) Through the Word.
(d) Through evolution.
4. God is best understood as existing every "where" rather than in every _________.
5. We can understand aspects of Him, but we cannot do what?
(a) Love aspects of Him.
(b) Listen to Him.
(c) Understand Him in his totality.
(d) Make connections between those aspects.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapters eighteen through twenty-four describe God's what?
2. Chapter sixteen raises a challenge: since God is equivalent to all his properties, can't we understand God when we understand these properties? How does Anselm respond?
3. God and His Word bear the same relationship to all creation. Do they sustain these relations separately?
4. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that all beings other than God derive their nature from whom?
5. There must be an ideal by which to do what?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)