|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters XXX - LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter two points out that only who would not believe in God?
(a) Fallen angels.
(b) A fool.
(d) The smart.
2. God is defined as the being "than which ______________ can be conceived."
(a) Everything lesser.
(b) Everything greater.
(c) Nothing lesser.
(d) Nothing greater.
3. God is not just with respect to _______. He is just to Himself because He does what is perfectly good.
(c) His angels.
4. Everything God created existed in one sense already. How?
(a) They were ideas in the mind of God.
(b) God experimented prior to creating various beings.
(c) On another planet.
(d) There were pieces of the creations lying around.
5. Is God properly listed among common substances?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the answer to number 33 this type of goodness?
2. Men should not expect to understand Him until he has lived with his belief for how long?
3. On Anselm's view, when we do not ______________ the concept of God, only then can we conceive of Him not existing.
4. Chapter eight explains how God can be compassionate but also lack what?
5. God the Father and the Son both possess properties together. Does God also possess separate properties?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)