|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters XXX - LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Humans were created primarily to do what?
(a) See God.
2. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that all beings other than God derive their nature from whom?
(d) Other gods.
3. He exclaims that the mind was created to do what?
(a) Contemplate God and focus on Him alone.
(c) Be creative.
4. Could God have been brought into existence by anything else?
(a) Most likely.
5. Chapters one and two _____________ the ontological argument.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anselm argues that the Word "derives" existence from God through His birth, but not His __________.
2. God's idea of Himself is equivalent to what?
3. Through ________ man suffers in misery.
4. Why does Anselm respond the way he does in the answer to number 56?
5. God has how many ultimate descriptions?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)