|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters XXX - LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God's conception of Himself and His relation to the world is The Word that has always existed where?
(a) In front of Him.
(b) Near Him.
(c) Far from Him.
(d) With Him.
2. Can two objects both possess goodness, but to differing degrees?
3. Is this word like the name of created beings?
(d) Most likely.
4. In chapter fourteen, Anselm follows up by arguing that God can be seen but also not seen by who?
(a) The angels.
(b) All of mankind.
(c) The devil.
(d) Those who follow and seek Him.
5. Chapters eighteen through twenty-four describe God's what?
(a) Desire for justice.
(b) Love and kindness.
(c) Eternality and omnipresence.
(d) Inability to feel compassion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapters one and two _____________ the ontological argument.
2. Some being had to __________ being.
3. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that all beings other than God derive their nature from whom?
4. Through ________ man suffers in misery.
5. Chapter forty-nine begins the explanation of the third element of the Trinity. What is this third element?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)