|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters XXX - LXIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does God exist?
2. Does God have beginning and/or end?
(d) Only at first.
3. We can understand aspects of Him, but we cannot do what?
(a) Make connections between those aspects.
(b) Understand Him in his totality.
(c) Listen to Him.
(d) Love aspects of Him.
4. As what does the Word exist?
(b) A thing.
(c) A place.
(d) An idea.
5. In chapter fourteen, Anselm follows up by arguing that God can be seen but also not seen by who?
(a) All of mankind.
(b) The devil.
(c) Those who follow and seek Him.
(d) The angels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is God properly listed among common substances?
2. God is not just with respect to _______. He is just to Himself because He does what is perfectly good.
3. Can two objects both possess goodness, but to differing degrees?
4. Why does Anselm respond the way he does in the answer to number 56?
5. Anselm knows what he believes, but he also wants to know what?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)