|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters VII - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through ________ man suffers in misery.
2. There must exist a being that is what?
(c) The source of all existence.
3. To be God is to be what?
(b) The thing that has no equal and no superior.
(c) The only god.
(d) The leader of the gods.
4. Why can we as humans not win back our salvation?
(a) We are so corrupt.
(b) We do not deserve salvation.
(c) We do not want our salvation.
(d) We are too weak.
5. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that God is not only omnipotent but incapable of certain things. What can He not do?
(a) He cannot force us to believe and He cannot bend our wills.
(b) He cannot be tricked by evil and He cannot have complete power.
(c) He cannot care about others and He cannot hear our pleas.
(d) He cannot do evil and He cannot fail to have maximal power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must God exist?
2. Chapters eighteen through twenty-four describe God's what?
3. Chapters twenty-five through twenty-nine discuss the fact that God is an unchanging ____________.
4. The first man, Adam, discarded a state of unity with God which was __________ to keep.
5. God's idea of Himself is equivalent to what?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)