|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters VII - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When we compare two objects, we must implicitly rely on what?
(a) Someone to tell us which is better.
(b) The object which is better to stand out.
(c) Our common sense to distinguish which is better.
(d) Some standard or ideal to distinguish which is better.
2. Will anything exist before or after Him?
3. All beings others than God exist through whom?
(b) Other gods.
4. This _________ contains all ideals; this being is God.
5. Chapter one transitions into an exhortation to believers and what prayer to God?
(a) That he will continue to have faith once he understands.
(b) That many will convert.
(c) That his work will reveal the truth.
(d) That others will believe him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter five argues that this being must exist through what?
2. Anselm begins the Proslogium in the preface by stating his dissatisfaction with _______________ and his rationale for writing the Proslogium.
3. All things live through whom?
4. Why must the answer to number 35 exist?
5. Does God derive His existence through nothing?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)