|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters VII - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter sixteen raises a challenge: since God is equivalent to all his properties, can't we understand God when we understand these properties? How does Anselm respond?
(a) He denies this to be true.
(b) He believes this to be true.
(c) He will test this to see if it is true.
(d) He is not sure if this is true.
2. How is the answer to number 59 stated in the Old Testament?
(a) I AM UNDERSTANDING.
(b) I AM THE ONLY GOD.
(c) I AM BELIEVED BY ALL.
(d) I AM WHO I AM.
3. There must be an ideal by which to do what?
(a) Understand all things.
(d) Compare all things.
4. We cannot even do what without His help?
(a) Seek God.
(b) Make choices.
(c) Be influenced.
5. Is God properly listed among common substances?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does God exist?
2. Everything God created existed in one sense already. How?
3. There must exist a being that is what?
4. Does God derive His existence through nothing?
5. Why must God exist?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)