|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters VII - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God must create from what?
(b) Few things.
(d) Some things.
2. Why must God exist?
(a) He is the standard by which all other things are judged.
(b) We would not exist without Him.
(c) To say He does not exist is blasphemous.
(d) The world would fall apart without Him.
3. In chapter fourteen, Anselm follows up by arguing that God can be seen but also not seen by who?
(a) All of mankind.
(b) Those who follow and seek Him.
(c) The angels.
(d) The devil.
4. Can two objects both possess goodness, but to differing degrees?
5. Chapter two points out that only who would not believe in God?
(a) The smart.
(c) A fool.
(d) Fallen angels.
Short Answer Questions
1. The expression of God is identical with _______.
2. To be God is to be what?
3. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that God is not only omnipotent but incapable of certain things. What can He not do?
4. All things live through whom?
5. On Anselm's view, when we do not ______________ the concept of God, only then can we conceive of Him not existing.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)