|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters VII - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter two points out that only who would not believe in God?
(b) Fallen angels.
(c) The smart.
(d) A fool.
2. Can two objects both possess goodness, but to differing degrees?
3. The Monologium is ______________ than the Proslogium.
(a) Much more tedious.
(b) Much shorter.
(c) Much longer.
(d) Much more interesting.
4. Humans were created primarily to do what?
(b) See God.
5. The expression of God is identical with _______.
Short Answer Questions
1. God is defined as the being "than which ______________ can be conceived."
2. In chapter fourteen, Anselm follows up by arguing that God can be seen but also not seen by who?
3. What must exist to make choices between two or more things?
4. This ideal of goodness must be ____________ goodness.
5. Why does Anselm respond the way he does in the answer to number 56?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)