|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters VII - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapters one and two _____________ the ontological argument.
2. What is the only absolutely true thing that can be said of God?
(a) He is what He is.
(b) He can be understood.
(c) Everyone believes He exists.
(d) He is the only God.
3. Can two objects both possess goodness, but to differing degrees?
4. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
(b) Do not.
5. Anselm begins the Proslogium in the preface by stating his dissatisfaction with _______________ and his rationale for writing the Proslogium.
(a) The Duologium.
(b) The Triologium.
(c) The Monologium.
(d) The Proslogium.
Short Answer Questions
1. This ideal of goodness must be ____________ goodness.
2. God has no ___________________.
3. We can only ascribe certain properties to God within what?
4. All things live through whom?
5. The Monologium is ______________ than the Proslogium.
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)