|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters VII - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through ________ man suffers in misery.
2. Can created substances be accurately compared to Him?
3. Anselm begins the Proslogium in the preface by stating his dissatisfaction with _______________ and his rationale for writing the Proslogium.
(a) The Proslogium.
(b) The Triologium.
(c) The Monologium.
(d) The Duologium.
4. We cannot even do what without His help?
(b) Make choices.
(c) Be influenced.
(d) Seek God.
5. To be God is to be what?
(a) The only god.
(b) The thing that has no equal and no superior.
(c) The leader of the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Will anything exist before or after Him?
2. Anselm believes that his project of proving God's existence is a case of "________ seeking understanding."
3. The existence of everything else is caused to be by what?
4. Why does Anselm respond the way he does in the answer to number 56?
5. How is the answer to number 59 stated in the Old Testament?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)