|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters VII - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that all beings other than God derive their nature from whom?
(d) Other gods.
2. God and His idea of Himself exist as what?
(a) One substance.
(b) A few substances.
(c) No substances.
(d) Many substances.
3. Some being had to __________ being.
(a) Evolve into.
(b) Change into another.
(c) Hope for.
4. Humans were created primarily to do what?
(a) See God.
5. Does God derive His existence through nothing?
(a) Most likely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anselm argues that the argument in number 47 is what?
2. All beings others than God exist through whom?
3. God exists in every place and time. Can he also exist in neither any place nor any time?
4. Chapters twenty-five through twenty-nine discuss the fact that God is an unchanging ____________.
5. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)