|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters VII - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Can created substances be accurately compared to Him?
2. This ideal of goodness must be ____________ goodness.
(d) Very good.
3. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
(d) Do not.
4. How is the answer to number 59 stated in the Old Testament?
(a) I AM THE ONLY GOD.
(b) I AM WHO I AM.
(c) I AM UNDERSTANDING.
(d) I AM BELIEVED BY ALL.
5. God is not just with respect to _______. He is just to Himself because He does what is perfectly good.
(d) His angels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only absolutely true thing that can be said of God?
2. When we compare two objects, we must implicitly rely on what?
3. Chapter eight explains how God can be compassionate but also lack what?
4. We can understand aspects of Him, but we cannot do what?
5. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that God is not only omnipotent but incapable of certain things. What can He not do?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)