|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters VII - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter fourteen, Anselm follows up by arguing that God can be seen but also not seen by who?
(a) Those who follow and seek Him.
(b) The devil.
(c) The angels.
(d) All of mankind.
2. Humans were created primarily to do what?
(d) See God.
3. There must exist a being that is what?
(d) The source of all existence.
4. This being is the best of all beings for what reason?
(a) It is the most compassionate of all beings.
(b) It is the best of all beings.
(c) It is the source of all being.
(d) It is the smartest of all beings.
5. Why is the answer to number 33 this type of goodness?
(a) If it were not, it would be ideal.
(b) Only one type of goodness exists.
(c) Only some things can be good.
(d) If it were not, it would not be an ideal.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Monologium is ______________ than the Proslogium.
2. The _______________ of dignity and existence of all things comes in degrees.
3. Why does Anselm respond the way he does in the answer to number 56?
4. Anselm knows what he believes, but he also wants to know what?
5. This ideal of goodness must be ____________ goodness.
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)