|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters VII - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
(b) Do not.
2. Chapter five argues that this being must exist through what?
(a) Gods and men.
(d) Human beings.
3. There must be an ideal by which to do what?
(a) Understand all things.
(c) Compare all things.
4. Why can we as humans not win back our salvation?
(a) We are so corrupt.
(b) We do not want our salvation.
(c) We do not deserve salvation.
(d) We are too weak.
5. Why must God exist?
(a) He is the standard by which all other things are judged.
(b) The world would fall apart without Him.
(c) We would not exist without Him.
(d) To say He does not exist is blasphemous.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter sixteen raises a challenge: since God is equivalent to all his properties, can't we understand God when we understand these properties? How does Anselm respond?
2. All things live through whom?
3. Anselm's arguments will be consistent with what?
4. Does God have beginning and/or end?
5. Humans were created primarily to do what?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)