|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters VII - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He exclaims that the mind was created to do what?
(b) Contemplate God and focus on Him alone.
(d) Be creative.
2. Why does Anselm respond the way he does in the answer to number 56?
(a) These properties are representations of God, at the least and should be tested.
(b) These properties are only representations of Him to us, and not the whole being.
(c) These properties are a part of God, as well as representations of God, so he is not sure if this is enough.
(d) These properties are a part of God, therefore, they can explain who He is.
3. This _________ contains all ideals; this being is God.
4. Anselm argues that the argument in number 47 is what?
5. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
(d) Do not.
Short Answer Questions
1. God's idea of Himself is equivalent to what?
2. We can understand aspects of Him, but we cannot do what?
3. We cannot even do what without His help?
4. The existence of everything else is caused to be by what?
5. Could God have been brought into existence by anything else?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)