|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters VII - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
(c) Do not.
2. What is the only absolutely true thing that can be said of God?
(a) Everyone believes He exists.
(b) He is what He is.
(c) He can be understood.
(d) He is the only God.
3. Can created substances be accurately compared to Him?
4. We cannot even do what without His help?
(b) Make choices.
(c) Seek God.
(d) Be influenced.
5. What must exist to make choices between two or more things?
(d) An ideal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anselm respond the way he does in the answer to number 56?
2. Can two objects both possess goodness, but to differing degrees?
3. God must create from what?
4. God is identical with what?
5. There must be an ideal by which to do what?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)