|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters VII - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God is best understood as existing every "where" rather than in every _________.
2. The _______________ of dignity and existence of all things comes in degrees.
3. Chapter eight explains how God can be compassionate but also lack what?
(c) The feeling of compassion.
4. How does God exist?
5. Anselm begins the Proslogium in the preface by stating his dissatisfaction with _______________ and his rationale for writing the Proslogium.
(a) The Proslogium.
(b) The Duologium.
(c) The Triologium.
(d) The Monologium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anselm respond the way he does in the answer to number 56?
2. God is defined as the being "than which ______________ can be conceived."
3. Should the believer, once God has rescued him, question his belief?
4. Anselm knows what he believes, but he also wants to know what?
5. The Monologium is ______________ than the Proslogium.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)