|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters VII - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Everything God created existed in one sense already. How?
(a) God experimented prior to creating various beings.
(b) On another planet.
(c) There were pieces of the creations lying around.
(d) They were ideas in the mind of God.
2. Chapter eight explains how God can be compassionate but also lack what?
(d) The feeling of compassion.
3. Chapter two points out that only who would not believe in God?
(a) Fallen angels.
(b) A fool.
(c) The smart.
4. God must create from what?
(b) Few things.
(d) Some things.
5. The _______________ of dignity and existence of all things comes in degrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. Should the believer, once God has rescued him, question his belief?
2. Can two objects both possess goodness, but to differing degrees?
3. Through ________ man suffers in misery.
4. In chapter fourteen, Anselm follows up by arguing that God can be seen but also not seen by who?
5. There must be an ideal by which to do what?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)