|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters I - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Should the believer, once God has rescued him, question his belief?
2. Some being had to __________ being.
(b) Change into another.
(c) Hope for.
(d) Evolve into.
3. Chapter two points out that only who would not believe in God?
(b) Fallen angels.
(c) A fool.
(d) The smart.
4. God's compassion and justice are compatible because through __________________, God will make the wicked good and thus worthy of forgiveness.
(a) The Eucarist.
5. In chapter fourteen, Anselm follows up by arguing that God can be seen but also not seen by who?
(a) All of mankind.
(b) The angels.
(c) The devil.
(d) Those who follow and seek Him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anselm begins the Proslogium in the preface by stating his dissatisfaction with _______________ and his rationale for writing the Proslogium.
2. We can understand aspects of Him, but we cannot do what?
3. Why must the answer to number 35 exist?
4. This being exists in the ________ sense.
5. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)