|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters I - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God is defined as the being "than which ______________ can be conceived."
(a) Nothing greater.
(b) Nothing lesser.
(c) Everything lesser.
(d) Everything greater.
2. Through ________ man suffers in misery.
3. The first man, Adam, discarded a state of unity with God which was __________ to keep.
(b) Somewhat difficult.
4. Chapter five argues that this being must exist through what?
(a) Gods and men.
(d) Human beings.
5. Could God have been brought into existence by anything else?
(c) Most likely.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _______________ of dignity and existence of all things comes in degrees.
2. Chapters one and two _____________ the ontological argument.
3. Can two objects both possess goodness, but to differing degrees?
4. The Monologium is ______________ than the Proslogium.
5. We can understand aspects of Him, but we cannot do what?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)