|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters I - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Men should not expect to understand Him until he has lived with his belief for how long?
(a) A short time.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) A lifetime.
(d) Some time.
2. This _________ contains all ideals; this being is God.
3. This being is the best of all beings for what reason?
(a) It is the smartest of all beings.
(b) It is the source of all being.
(c) It is the most compassionate of all beings.
(d) It is the best of all beings.
4. Chapter one transitions into an exhortation to believers and what prayer to God?
(a) That he will continue to have faith once he understands.
(b) That his work will reveal the truth.
(c) That others will believe him.
(d) That many will convert.
5. God is not just with respect to _______. He is just to Himself because He does what is perfectly good.
(c) His angels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can we as humans not win back our salvation?
2. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
3. Chapter two points out that only who would not believe in God?
4. To be God is to be what?
5. Anselm begins the Proslogium in the preface by stating his dissatisfaction with _______________ and his rationale for writing the Proslogium.
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)