|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters I - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must God exist?
(a) We would not exist without Him.
(b) The world would fall apart without Him.
(c) He is the standard by which all other things are judged.
(d) To say He does not exist is blasphemous.
2. Should the believer, once God has rescued him, question his belief?
3. We cannot even do what without His help?
(a) Seek God.
(c) Make choices.
(d) Be influenced.
4. God is defined as the being "than which ______________ can be conceived."
(a) Everything greater.
(b) Nothing greater.
(c) Everything lesser.
(d) Nothing lesser.
5. Men should not expect to understand Him until he has lived with his belief for how long?
(a) A lifetime.
(b) A short time.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Some time.
Short Answer Questions
1. The existence of everything else is caused to be by what?
2. The Monologium is ______________ than the Proslogium.
3. This being exists in the ________ sense.
4. Can two objects both possess goodness, but to differing degrees?
5. This being is the best of all beings for what reason?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)