|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters I - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why must the answer to number 35 exist?
(a) Otherwise we could not understand goodness.
(b) Otherwise all things would be good.
(c) Otherwise we could not truly say of anything that it is better than another thing.
(d) Otherwise God would not hear our call for help.
2. Does God derive His existence through nothing?
(b) Most likely.
3. The _______________ of dignity and existence of all things comes in degrees.
4. Can two objects both possess goodness, but to differing degrees?
5. This being is the best of all beings for what reason?
(a) It is the most compassionate of all beings.
(b) It is the source of all being.
(c) It is the smartest of all beings.
(d) It is the best of all beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. God has no ___________________.
2. To be God is to be what?
3. God's compassion and justice are compatible because through __________________, God will make the wicked good and thus worthy of forgiveness.
4. Through ________ man suffers in misery.
5. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that God is not only omnipotent but incapable of certain things. What can He not do?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)