|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters I - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anselm begins the Proslogium in the preface by stating his dissatisfaction with _______________ and his rationale for writing the Proslogium.
(a) The Duologium.
(b) The Triologium.
(c) The Monologium.
(d) The Proslogium.
2. The _______________ of dignity and existence of all things comes in degrees.
3. God is not just with respect to _______. He is just to Himself because He does what is perfectly good.
(b) His angels.
4. There must exist a being that is what?
(d) The source of all existence.
5. Why can we as humans not win back our salvation?
(a) We are too weak.
(b) We do not deserve salvation.
(c) We do not want our salvation.
(d) We are so corrupt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter five argues that this being must exist through what?
2. Why must God exist?
3. We cannot even do what without His help?
4. When we compare two objects, we must implicitly rely on what?
5. God is defined as the being "than which ______________ can be conceived."
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)