|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters I - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
(a) Do not.
2. In chapter fourteen, Anselm follows up by arguing that God can be seen but also not seen by who?
(a) Those who follow and seek Him.
(b) The angels.
(c) All of mankind.
(d) The devil.
3. Humans were created primarily to do what?
(a) See God.
4. Some being had to __________ being.
(a) Hope for.
(b) Evolve into.
(d) Change into another.
5. Does God derive His existence through nothing?
(c) Most likely.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that God is not only omnipotent but incapable of certain things. What can He not do?
2. There must be an ideal by which to do what?
3. God's compassion and justice are compatible because through __________________, God will make the wicked good and thus worthy of forgiveness.
4. Chapter two points out that only who would not believe in God?
5. God is defined as the being "than which ______________ can be conceived."
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)