|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters I - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must exist to make choices between two or more things?
(c) An ideal.
2. Chapter five argues that this being must exist through what?
(b) Gods and men.
(d) Human beings.
3. To be God is to be what?
(a) The thing that has no equal and no superior.
(c) The leader of the gods.
(d) The only god.
4. God is not just with respect to _______. He is just to Himself because He does what is perfectly good.
(c) His angels.
5. Why must the answer to number 35 exist?
(a) Otherwise God would not hear our call for help.
(b) Otherwise all things would be good.
(c) Otherwise we could not understand goodness.
(d) Otherwise we could not truly say of anything that it is better than another thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that God is not only omnipotent but incapable of certain things. What can He not do?
2. This _________ contains all ideals; this being is God.
3. Chapters one through six describe the relationship of God to what?
4. God is defined as the being "than which ______________ can be conceived."
5. Chapter one transitions into an exhortation to believers and what prayer to God?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)