|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters I - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anselm's arguments will be consistent with what?
(a) Christian tradition.
(b) Some Christian denominations.
(c) Most views.
(d) Other arguments.
2. Does God derive His existence through nothing?
(b) Most likely.
3. Men should not expect to understand Him until he has lived with his belief for how long?
(a) A lifetime.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) A short time.
(d) Some time.
4. Why must the answer to number 35 exist?
(a) Otherwise all things would be good.
(b) Otherwise God would not hear our call for help.
(c) Otherwise we could not truly say of anything that it is better than another thing.
(d) Otherwise we could not understand goodness.
5. God's compassion and justice are compatible because through __________________, God will make the wicked good and thus worthy of forgiveness.
(d) The Eucarist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through ________ man suffers in misery.
2. In chapter fourteen, Anselm follows up by arguing that God can be seen but also not seen by who?
3. When we compare two objects, we must implicitly rely on what?
4. Anselm begins the Proslogium in the preface by stating his dissatisfaction with _______________ and his rationale for writing the Proslogium.
5. Can two objects both possess goodness, but to differing degrees?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)