|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters I - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He exclaims that the mind was created to do what?
(a) Contemplate God and focus on Him alone.
(c) Be creative.
2. When we compare two objects, we must implicitly rely on what?
(a) Some standard or ideal to distinguish which is better.
(b) Our common sense to distinguish which is better.
(c) Someone to tell us which is better.
(d) The object which is better to stand out.
3. This being exists in the ________ sense.
4. Does God derive His existence through nothing?
(b) Most likely.
5. The Monologium is ______________ than the Proslogium.
(a) Much shorter.
(b) Much longer.
(c) Much more interesting.
(d) Much more tedious.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Anselm's view, when we do not ______________ the concept of God, only then can we conceive of Him not existing.
2. This ideal of goodness must be ____________ goodness.
3. Why can we as humans not win back our salvation?
4. Why is the answer to number 33 this type of goodness?
5. Anselm argues that the argument in number 47 is what?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)