|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters I - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anselm believes that his project of proving God's existence is a case of "________ seeking understanding."
(d) The unsure.
2. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that God is not only omnipotent but incapable of certain things. What can He not do?
(a) He cannot be tricked by evil and He cannot have complete power.
(b) He cannot force us to believe and He cannot bend our wills.
(c) He cannot care about others and He cannot hear our pleas.
(d) He cannot do evil and He cannot fail to have maximal power.
3. We cannot even do what without His help?
(a) Seek God.
(b) Make choices.
(d) Be influenced.
4. Chapter two points out that only who would not believe in God?
(a) A fool.
(b) Fallen angels.
(d) The smart.
5. Chapter one transitions into an exhortation to believers and what prayer to God?
(a) That his work will reveal the truth.
(b) That he will continue to have faith once he understands.
(c) That others will believe him.
(d) That many will convert.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why must the answer to number 35 exist?
2. Could God have been brought into existence by anything else?
3. God is not just with respect to _______. He is just to Himself because He does what is perfectly good.
4. There must exist a being that is what?
5. Why can we as humans not win back our salvation?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)