|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters I - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anselm believes that his project of proving God's existence is a case of "________ seeking understanding."
(c) The unsure.
2. Men should not expect to understand Him until he has lived with his belief for how long?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Some time.
(c) A short time.
(d) A lifetime.
3. Why can we as humans not win back our salvation?
(a) We are too weak.
(b) We are so corrupt.
(c) We do not want our salvation.
(d) We do not deserve salvation.
4. Chapter five argues that this being must exist through what?
(a) Gods and men.
(b) Human beings.
5. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
(d) Do not.
Short Answer Questions
1. This _________ contains all ideals; this being is God.
2. Could God have been brought into existence by anything else?
3. Through ________ man suffers in misery.
4. Can two objects both possess goodness, but to differing degrees?
5. Does God derive His existence through nothing?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)