|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters I - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There must exist a being that is what?
(d) The source of all existence.
2. Anselm argues that the argument in number 47 is what?
3. This being is the best of all beings for what reason?
(a) It is the most compassionate of all beings.
(b) It is the best of all beings.
(c) It is the source of all being.
(d) It is the smartest of all beings.
4. When we compare two objects, we must implicitly rely on what?
(a) Some standard or ideal to distinguish which is better.
(b) The object which is better to stand out.
(c) Our common sense to distinguish which is better.
(d) Someone to tell us which is better.
5. The Monologium is ______________ than the Proslogium.
(a) Much more interesting.
(b) Much longer.
(c) Much more tedious.
(d) Much shorter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Could God have been brought into existence by anything else?
2. Anselm believes that his project of proving God's existence is a case of "________ seeking understanding."
3. Chapter one transitions into an exhortation to believers and what prayer to God?
4. The first man, Adam, discarded a state of unity with God which was __________ to keep.
5. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that God is not only omnipotent but incapable of certain things. What can He not do?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)