|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters I - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To be God is to be what?
(a) The only god.
(c) The thing that has no equal and no superior.
(d) The leader of the gods.
2. The first man, Adam, discarded a state of unity with God which was __________ to keep.
(d) Somewhat difficult.
3. Could God have been brought into existence by anything else?
(b) Most likely.
4. Why is the answer to number 33 this type of goodness?
(a) If it were not, it would be ideal.
(b) If it were not, it would not be an ideal.
(c) Only some things can be good.
(d) Only one type of goodness exists.
5. On Anselm's view, when we do not ______________ the concept of God, only then can we conceive of Him not existing.
Short Answer Questions
1. The existence of everything else is caused to be by what?
2. Why must the answer to number 35 exist?
3. Chapters one through six describe the relationship of God to what?
4. Does God derive His existence through nothing?
5. Anselm believes that his project of proving God's existence is a case of "________ seeking understanding."
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)