|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters I - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God is identical with what?
(d) His own life.
2. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that God is not only omnipotent but incapable of certain things. What can He not do?
(a) He cannot do evil and He cannot fail to have maximal power.
(b) He cannot care about others and He cannot hear our pleas.
(c) He cannot force us to believe and He cannot bend our wills.
(d) He cannot be tricked by evil and He cannot have complete power.
3. The _______________ of dignity and existence of all things comes in degrees.
4. Chapter two points out that only who would not believe in God?
(a) A fool.
(c) Fallen angels.
(d) The smart.
5. Could God have been brought into existence by anything else?
(d) Most likely.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some being had to __________ being.
2. Anselm's arguments will be consistent with what?
3. This being exists in the ________ sense.
4. Should the believer, once God has rescued him, question his belief?
5. Anselm knows what he believes, but he also wants to know what?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)