|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters I - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter five argues that this being must exist through what?
(b) Gods and men.
(d) Human beings.
2. There must be an ideal by which to do what?
(c) Compare all things.
(d) Understand all things.
3. The _______________ of dignity and existence of all things comes in degrees.
4. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
(d) Do not.
5. Anselm knows what he believes, but he also wants to know what?
(a) Whether he should believe it.
(b) What he does not believe.
(c) Why it is true.
(d) Why he believes it.
Short Answer Questions
1. When we compare two objects, we must implicitly rely on what?
2. Chapters one through six describe the relationship of God to what?
3. God's compassion and justice are compatible because through __________________, God will make the wicked good and thus worthy of forgiveness.
4. This being is the best of all beings for what reason?
5. God is identical with what?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)