|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Anselm's Apologetic, Chapters I - X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anselm's arguments will be consistent with what?
(a) Christian tradition.
(b) Most views.
(c) Some Christian denominations.
(d) Other arguments.
2. God is defined as the being "than which ______________ can be conceived."
(a) Everything lesser.
(b) Nothing greater.
(c) Nothing lesser.
(d) Everything greater.
3. Chapter nine emphasizes that only who within the Trinity can take on the nature of man?
(a) Two of the persons.
(b) All of the persons.
(c) None of the persons.
(d) One of the persons.
4. Chapter two has Boso argue that while belief by faith must ___________ belief due to reason, faith should still seek understanding.
(a) Occur at the same time as.
(b) Be more important.
5. What we can understand is a guide to what?
(a) We can believe.
(b) We can trust.
(c) We can conceive.
(d) We can understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anselm first denies it is a fallacy to deduce what?
2. Should the believer, once God has rescued him, question his belief?
3. He maintains that Gaunilo has contradicted himself by arguing what?
4. Anselm argues that the Word "derives" existence from God through His birth, but not His __________.
5. From where does God's compulsion come to complete his original plan?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)