Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters I - VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through ________ man suffers in misery.
2. Chapter one transitions into an exhortation to believers and what prayer to God?
(a) That he will continue to have faith once he understands.
(b) That his work will reveal the truth.
(c) That others will believe him.
(d) That many will convert.
3. What must exist to make choices between two or more things?
(a) An ideal.
4. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
(a) Do not.
5. Some being had to __________ being.
(b) Evolve into.
(c) Hope for.
(d) Change into another.
Short Answer Questions
1. There must be an ideal by which to do what?
2. Anselm knows what he believes, but he also wants to know what?
3. Anselm argues that the argument in number 47 is what?
4. God is identical with what?
5. When we compare two objects, we must implicitly rely on what?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)