|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Behalf of the Fool.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God must exist. Why?
(a) If He did not, we would not exist.
(b) If He did not, the world would be in chaos.
(c) If He did not, we have not purpose for living.
(d) If He did not, He would not be the greatest conceivable being.
2. How is "Cur Deus Homo" translated?
(a) "How God Became Man."
(b) "When Will God Become Man?"
(c) "Why God Became Man."
(d) "Who is God?"
3. Why must the answer to number 35 exist?
(a) Otherwise God would not hear our call for help.
(b) Otherwise we could not understand goodness.
(c) Otherwise we could not truly say of anything that it is better than another thing.
(d) Otherwise all things would be good.
4. How does God exist?
5. And any soul that hates God will be __________ for all of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Anselm's view, when we do not ______________ the concept of God, only then can we conceive of Him not existing.
2. He must be born of a woman. Why?
3. To be God is to be what?
4. Will anything exist before or after Him?
5. Anselm argues that human salvation follows from Christ's death by what?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)