|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Behalf of the Fool.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Infidels argue that Christ's condescension to not only become man but to act as he did was what?
2. Chapter sixteen raises a challenge: since God is equivalent to all his properties, can't we understand God when we understand these properties? How does Anselm respond?
(a) He is not sure if this is true.
(b) He will test this to see if it is true.
(c) He believes this to be true.
(d) He denies this to be true.
3. Chapter thirty argues that the expression of God consists of only one what?
4. He gives the famous counterexample of what?
(a) Man, the fool.
(b) Jesus as an island.
(c) The greatest conceivable island.
(d) The least conceivable island.
5. On Gaunilo's view, why does the argument fail?
(a) It confuses what exists in the understanding with what exists in reality.
(b) It is not supported by the Bible.
(c) Anselm believes he is always right.
(d) It does not make sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. Could God have been brought into existence by anything else?
2. Chapters twenty-five through twenty-nine discuss the fact that God is an unchanging ____________.
3. What must exist to make choices between two or more things?
4. Some being had to __________ being.
5. God must create from what?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)