|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Behalf of the Fool.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter one transitions into an exhortation to believers and what prayer to God?
(a) That his work will reveal the truth.
(b) That many will convert.
(c) That others will believe him.
(d) That he will continue to have faith once he understands.
2. Anselm turns to argue that one should believe what?
(a) Some of what he has already discussed.
(b) The facts he has already discussed.
(c) What one wants to believe.
3. Is this "Word" the same substance as Himself?
4. Why must God exist?
(a) To say He does not exist is blasphemous.
(b) He is the standard by which all other things are judged.
(c) The world would fall apart without Him.
(d) We would not exist without Him.
5. As what does the Word exist?
(a) A thing.
(b) A place.
(d) An idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. The soul's efforts must be directed towards what?
2. Anselm argues that the Word "derives" existence from God through His birth, but not His __________.
3. Chapter thirty-six explains that God creates and knows His creation in what kind of manner?
4. What does the answer to number 86 follow?
5. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that God is not only omnipotent but incapable of certain things. What can He not do?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)