|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through In Behalf of the Fool.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is God properly listed among common substances?
2. God and His Word bear the same relationship to all creation. Do they sustain these relations separately?
3. What is the purpose of Gaunilo's piece?
(a) To critique Anselm's beliefs.
(b) To question God.
(c) To have Anselm clarify his beliefs.
(d) To complain.
4. Why can we as humans not win back our salvation?
(a) We are too weak.
(b) We do not want our salvation.
(c) We are so corrupt.
(d) We do not deserve salvation.
5. We can understand aspects of Him, but we cannot do what?
(a) Love aspects of Him.
(b) Understand Him in his totality.
(c) Listen to Him.
(d) Make connections between those aspects.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is "Cur Deus Homo" translated?
2. Does God derive His existence through nothing?
3. From where does God's compulsion come to complete his original plan?
4. Chapter two has Boso argue that while belief by faith must ___________ belief due to reason, faith should still seek understanding.
5. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God"follows what Gospel?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)