|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters VII - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There must exist a being that is what?
(b) The source of all existence.
2. How does God exist?
3. Chapter sixteen raises a challenge: since God is equivalent to all his properties, can't we understand God when we understand these properties? How does Anselm respond?
(a) He will test this to see if it is true.
(b) He believes this to be true.
(c) He denies this to be true.
(d) He is not sure if this is true.
4. The Monologium is ______________ than the Proslogium.
(a) Much more interesting.
(b) Much more tedious.
(c) Much longer.
(d) Much shorter.
5. Chapter one transitions into an exhortation to believers and what prayer to God?
(a) That his work will reveal the truth.
(b) That many will convert.
(c) That others will believe him.
(d) That he will continue to have faith once he understands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapters one through six describe the relationship of God to what?
2. On Anselm's view, when we do not ______________ the concept of God, only then can we conceive of Him not existing.
3. Why can we as humans not win back our salvation?
4. God's compassion and justice are compatible because through __________________, God will make the wicked good and thus worthy of forgiveness.
5. What is the only absolutely true thing that can be said of God?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)