|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters VII - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. We cannot even do what without His help?
(a) Make choices.
(b) Be influenced.
(d) Seek God.
2. The existence of everything else is caused to be by what?
(a) An explosion.
(b) An accident.
(d) Something else.
3. Anselm believes that his project of proving God's existence is a case of "________ seeking understanding."
(d) The unsure.
4. Will anything exist before or after Him?
5. Chapter one transitions into an exhortation to believers and what prayer to God?
(a) That others will believe him.
(b) That his work will reveal the truth.
(c) That many will convert.
(d) That he will continue to have faith once he understands.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter fourteen, Anselm follows up by arguing that God can be seen but also not seen by who?
2. God is identical with what?
3. God is best understood as existing every "where" rather than in every _________.
4. God has no ___________________.
5. Through ________ man suffers in misery.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)