|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters VII - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The first man, Adam, discarded a state of unity with God which was __________ to keep.
(d) Somewhat difficult.
2. Anselm begins the Proslogium in the preface by stating his dissatisfaction with _______________ and his rationale for writing the Proslogium.
(a) The Proslogium.
(b) The Triologium.
(c) The Duologium.
(d) The Monologium.
3. Men should not expect to understand Him until he has lived with his belief for how long?
(a) Some time.
(b) A short time.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) A lifetime.
4. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
(a) Do not.
5. Why can we as humans not win back our salvation?
(a) We are so corrupt.
(b) We do not want our salvation.
(c) We are too weak.
(d) We do not deserve salvation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapters one and two _____________ the ontological argument.
2. God is not just with respect to _______. He is just to Himself because He does what is perfectly good.
3. We can only ascribe certain properties to God within what?
4. He exclaims that the mind was created to do what?
5. Anselm's arguments will be consistent with what?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)