|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters VII - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God is best understood as existing every "where" rather than in every _________.
2. Chapters eighteen through twenty-four describe God's what?
(a) Eternality and omnipresence.
(b) Love and kindness.
(c) Desire for justice.
(d) Inability to feel compassion.
3. Everything God created existed in one sense already. How?
(a) They were ideas in the mind of God.
(b) God experimented prior to creating various beings.
(c) There were pieces of the creations lying around.
(d) On another planet.
4. Men should not expect to understand Him until he has lived with his belief for how long?
(a) A short time.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Some time.
(d) A lifetime.
5. This _________ contains all ideals; this being is God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapters twenty-five through twenty-nine discuss the fact that God is an unchanging ____________.
2. Anselm believes that his project of proving God's existence is a case of "________ seeking understanding."
3. God's compassion and justice are compatible because through __________________, God will make the wicked good and thus worthy of forgiveness.
4. Chapters one and two _____________ the ontological argument.
5. The _______________ of dignity and existence of all things comes in degrees.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)