|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters VII - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There must exist a being that is what?
(b) The source of all existence.
2. God is defined as the being "than which ______________ can be conceived."
(a) Everything greater.
(b) Nothing lesser.
(c) Nothing greater.
(d) Everything lesser.
3. Why does Anselm respond the way he does in the answer to number 56?
(a) These properties are representations of God, at the least and should be tested.
(b) These properties are a part of God, as well as representations of God, so he is not sure if this is enough.
(c) These properties are a part of God, therefore, they can explain who He is.
(d) These properties are only representations of Him to us, and not the whole being.
4. Anselm argues that the argument in number 47 is what?
5. He exclaims that the mind was created to do what?
(c) Be creative.
(d) Contemplate God and focus on Him alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapters eighteen through twenty-four describe God's what?
2. To be God is to be what?
3. Chapter sixteen raises a challenge: since God is equivalent to all his properties, can't we understand God when we understand these properties? How does Anselm respond?
4. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that all beings other than God derive their nature from whom?
5. This being exists in the ________ sense.
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)