|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters VII - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that God is not only omnipotent but incapable of certain things. What can He not do?
(a) He cannot be tricked by evil and He cannot have complete power.
(b) He cannot do evil and He cannot fail to have maximal power.
(c) He cannot force us to believe and He cannot bend our wills.
(d) He cannot care about others and He cannot hear our pleas.
2. He exclaims that the mind was created to do what?
(a) Contemplate God and focus on Him alone.
(d) Be creative.
3. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that all beings other than God derive their nature from whom?
(d) Other gods.
4. How is the answer to number 59 stated in the Old Testament?
(a) I AM WHO I AM.
(b) I AM BELIEVED BY ALL.
(c) I AM THE ONLY GOD.
(d) I AM UNDERSTANDING.
5. God is identical with what?
(d) His own life.
Short Answer Questions
1. There must exist a being that is what?
2. Why must God exist?
3. Chapters one and two argue that a being which is "best, and greatest and highest of all existing beings" _________ exist.
4. Why is the answer to number 33 this type of goodness?
5. Is God properly listed among common substances?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)