|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters VII - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Everything God created existed in one sense already. How?
(a) On another planet.
(b) There were pieces of the creations lying around.
(c) God experimented prior to creating various beings.
(d) They were ideas in the mind of God.
2. Does God have beginning and/or end?
(a) Only at first.
3. Can two objects both possess goodness, but to differing degrees?
4. Anselm knows what he believes, but he also wants to know what?
(a) Why he believes it.
(b) Whether he should believe it.
(c) What he does not believe.
(d) Why it is true.
5. God is defined as the being "than which ______________ can be conceived."
(a) Nothing greater.
(b) Nothing lesser.
(c) Everything lesser.
(d) Everything greater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapters one and two _____________ the ontological argument.
2. Chapter five argues that this being must exist through what?
3. Chapter sixteen raises a challenge: since God is equivalent to all his properties, can't we understand God when we understand these properties? How does Anselm respond?
4. When we compare two objects, we must implicitly rely on what?
5. Men should not expect to understand Him until he has lived with his belief for how long?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)