|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters VII - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The expression of God is identical with _______.
2. The first man, Adam, discarded a state of unity with God which was __________ to keep.
(a) Somewhat difficult.
3. God has no ___________________.
(c) Beginning or end.
4. Why is the answer to number 33 this type of goodness?
(a) Only one type of goodness exists.
(b) If it were not, it would be ideal.
(c) If it were not, it would not be an ideal.
(d) Only some things can be good.
5. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that God is not only omnipotent but incapable of certain things. What can He not do?
(a) He cannot force us to believe and He cannot bend our wills.
(b) He cannot do evil and He cannot fail to have maximal power.
(c) He cannot care about others and He cannot hear our pleas.
(d) He cannot be tricked by evil and He cannot have complete power.
Short Answer Questions
1. God is not just with respect to _______. He is just to Himself because He does what is perfectly good.
2. Anselm's arguments will be consistent with what?
3. All beings others than God exist through whom?
4. How is the answer to number 59 stated in the Old Testament?
5. God and His idea of Himself exist as what?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)