|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters VII - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter one transitions into an exhortation to believers and what prayer to God?
(a) That many will convert.
(b) That others will believe him.
(c) That he will continue to have faith once he understands.
(d) That his work will reveal the truth.
2. What is the only absolutely true thing that can be said of God?
(a) He is the only God.
(b) He can be understood.
(c) Everyone believes He exists.
(d) He is what He is.
3. Chapter seventeen reiterates what about God?
(a) His simplicity.
(b) His love.
(c) His understanding.
(d) His justice.
4. This being is the best of all beings for what reason?
(a) It is the smartest of all beings.
(b) It is the best of all beings.
(c) It is the source of all being.
(d) It is the most compassionate of all beings.
5. Can two objects both possess goodness, but to differing degrees?
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that God is not only omnipotent but incapable of certain things. What can He not do?
2. God is best understood as existing every "where" rather than in every _________.
3. Men should not expect to understand Him until he has lived with his belief for how long?
4. Chapter five argues that this being must exist through what?
5. God is defined as the being "than which ______________ can be conceived."
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)