|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters VII - XXVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through ________ man suffers in misery.
2. God is defined as the being "than which ______________ can be conceived."
(a) Everything greater.
(b) Everything lesser.
(c) Nothing greater.
(d) Nothing lesser.
3. Is God properly listed among common substances?
4. Anselm begins the Proslogium in the preface by stating his dissatisfaction with _______________ and his rationale for writing the Proslogium.
(a) The Triologium.
(b) The Proslogium.
(c) The Monologium.
(d) The Duologium.
5. Can two objects both possess goodness, but to differing degrees?
Short Answer Questions
1. All things live through whom?
2. To be God is to be what?
3. The _______________ of dignity and existence of all things comes in degrees.
4. All beings others than God exist through whom?
5. There must be an ideal by which to do what?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)