|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters LXIV - LXXIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what is this Word?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(c) All of Creation.
2. What is the reason that the rational mind was created?
(a) So it one can be organized.
(b) So it can think through problems.
(c) So that it might love its Creator, God.
(d) So it does not feel emotion.
3. How is the answer to number 59 stated in the Old Testament?
(a) I AM WHO I AM.
(b) I AM BELIEVED BY ALL.
(c) I AM THE ONLY GOD.
(d) I AM UNDERSTANDING.
4. The existence of everything else is caused to be by what?
(a) An explosion.
(b) Something else.
(c) An accident.
5. On Anselm's view, when we do not ______________ the concept of God, only then can we conceive of Him not existing.
Short Answer Questions
1. God expresses Himself through a "____________ Word."
2. Can two objects both possess goodness, but to differing degrees?
3. God has how many ultimate descriptions?
4. And any soul that hates God will be __________ for all of time.
5. Anselm argues that the argument in number 47 is what?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)