|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters LXIV - LXXIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is God properly listed among common substances?
2. What is the only absolutely true thing that can be said of God?
(a) Everyone believes He exists.
(b) He can be understood.
(c) He is the only God.
(d) He is what He is.
3. Chapter forty-nine begins the explanation of the third element of the Trinity. What is this third element?
(a) Jesus Christ.
(c) The Holy Spirit.
(d) The angels.
4. Anselm's arguments will be consistent with what?
(a) Other arguments.
(b) Some Christian denominations.
(c) Christian tradition.
(d) Most views.
5. This _________ contains all ideals; this being is God.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter seven, Anselm argues that all beings other than God derive their nature from whom?
2. We can understand aspects of Him, but we cannot do what?
3. He exclaims that the mind was created to do what?
4. Chapters eighteen through twenty-four describe God's what?
5. God has how many ultimate descriptions?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)