|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Monologium, Chapters LXIV - LXXIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. He exclaims that the mind was created to do what?
(c) Contemplate God and focus on Him alone.
(d) Be creative.
2. Chapters twenty-five through twenty-nine discuss the fact that God is an unchanging ____________.
3. The soul's efforts must be directed towards what?
(a) The good.
4. The _______________ of dignity and existence of all things comes in degrees.
5. Chapter sixteen raises a challenge: since God is equivalent to all his properties, can't we understand God when we understand these properties? How does Anselm respond?
(a) He believes this to be true.
(b) He denies this to be true.
(c) He will test this to see if it is true.
(d) He is not sure if this is true.
Short Answer Questions
1. We cannot even do what without His help?
2. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God"follows what Gospel?
3. Acquiring accidents is a process of ___________.
4. In chapter fourteen, Anselm follows up by arguing that God can be seen but also not seen by who?
5. Souls will be awarded according to what?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)