|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cur Deus Homo, Book II, Chapters I - XXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must He be in order to atone for men as a species?
(a) A man.
(b) An angel.
(c) A saint.
(d) A God.
2. Will anything exist before or after Him?
3. How is the answer to number 59 stated in the Old Testament?
(a) I AM THE ONLY GOD.
(b) I AM BELIEVED BY ALL.
(c) I AM WHO I AM.
(d) I AM UNDERSTANDING.
4. Can one merely believe?
(b) No, one must read the Bible.
(d) No, it must be accompanied by the love of God.
5. There is no contradiction between any two statements about the Trinity; thus, we can understand how it is what?
(d) Not false.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who can be perfectly good and make up an infinite debt?
2. Souls will be awarded according to what?
3. Anselm argues that human salvation follows from Christ's death by what?
4. Chapter sixteen raises a challenge: since God is equivalent to all his properties, can't we understand God when we understand these properties? How does Anselm respond?
5. We must be aware that each human soul is ________________ and so will be either completely happy or completely unhappy.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)