|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Cur Deus Homo, Book II, Chapters I - XXII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. God's idea of Himself is equivalent to what?
2. Chapter sixteen raises a challenge: since God is equivalent to all his properties, can't we understand God when we understand these properties? How does Anselm respond?
(a) He denies this to be true.
(b) He believes this to be true.
(c) He is not sure if this is true.
(d) He will test this to see if it is true.
3. Does Christ die because of a debt He has incurred?
(b) Most likely.
4. Can we truly understand the nature of the Trinity?
(a) More than likely.
5. God and His idea of Himself exist as what?
(a) One substance.
(b) A few substances.
(c) Many substances.
(d) No substances.
Short Answer Questions
1. Can created substances be accurately compared to Him?
2. When the soul loves God, He is blessed and God does what?
3. We must be aware that each human soul is ________________ and so will be either completely happy or completely unhappy.
4. From where does God's compulsion come to complete his original plan?
5. Christ is limited in power and knowledge in His human nature, as we are, but why is He not miserable?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)