|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only one that can reach Philip?
2. Is Mollie awake when Philip leaves?
3. What is the best phrase to describe Philip's perception of his world during this dark time?
4. What was Mollie thinking at the moment of Philip's death that, because of their strong connection, she knows Philip knew about?
5. Who does Mollie blame for Philip's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of success. Provide a definition and include the examples of powerful and successful people in history. Then, using this base, discuss how Philip' emotional health may have been affected by his success, and then his lack thereof. How has success served him, and how has it hindered his relationships? Include textual references in your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the symbolism in the play? How is the symbolism brought forth to the reader? Describe how the white covered furniture is a symbol. Discuss how the symbolism housed within the play is a direct element to the unfolding of the play. Use three examples of symbolism and their affect on the characters in your response.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the element of foreshadowing in The Square Root of Wonderful? How many times is foreshadowing used and is it a powerful tool for the reader to better understand the characters and plot of the play? Give examples of foreshadowing in your answer.
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)