Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does John think Mollie must choose to save from a similar fate as Philip?
2. What is Paris's answer to his father's idea to leave together?
3. Upon hearing the news of Mollie's packing, what does Philip want Paris to do?
4. Where does Philip tell Paris he intends to go with him?
5. What will John provide for his new family that Philip was unable to provide?
Essay Topic 1
Who is the protagonist, antagonist and foil in 'The Square Root of Wonderful?" Explain your reasoning for choosing each character and give examples from the text, including scenes that define these characters in their roles. Next, name the flat, or two-dimensional characters and how they lack depth. Then discuss how the play works because of the synergy of the entire cast.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and Contrast the roles of Sister and Mother Lovejoy. In which ways are the ladies alike in their thinking regarding Philip? In which ways are they different? Is one woman more of an enabler than the other? Explain your answer and use evidence from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What is the crisis of The Square Root of Wonderful? Describe the moment when the conflict reaches a turning point and the opposing forces in the story meet. This is the time when the conflict becomes the most intense. Use specific scenes from the play and be sure to point out specific characters and dialogue.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)