|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother Lovejoy offer both Mollie and Paris should they ever need it?
2. What has Mollie done in the middle of the night?
3. How does Philip act when he discusses his course of action to leave with Paris?
4. What was Mollie thinking at the moment of Philip's death that, because of their strong connection, she knows Philip knew about?
5. What does Philip recall in response to Paris's outdoor plans for the day?
Essay Topic 1
What is the crisis of The Square Root of Wonderful? Describe the moment when the conflict reaches a turning point and the opposing forces in the story meet. This is the time when the conflict becomes the most intense. Use specific scenes from the play and be sure to point out specific characters and dialogue.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the time and setting of the play and how the setting has a direct impact on the characters. Name the historical prototypes that are used in the play and describe how the characters represent the time in history in which the play is set. Also, include an analysis of the farmhouse and how it relates to the plot of the play.
Essay Topic 3
There is a fine line between genius and madness. Discuss how artistic genius can also be a curse. Include examples in history as pieces of evidence. Then, discuss how the character of Philip is a archetypal blueprint of a jaded artist. Include two pieces of dialogue in your answer.
This section contains 1,406 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)