Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does John think Mollie must choose to save from a similar fate as Philip?
2. What is Paris's answer to his father's idea to leave together?
3. Upon hearing the news of Mollie's packing, what does Philip want Paris to do?
4. Where does Philip tell Paris he intends to go with him?
5. What will John provide for his new family that Philip was unable to provide?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the confusion of the character of Mollie in terms of the decision she must make between John and Philip. Why is she is love with John? What does John provide that Philip does not? In what ways is Philip a perfect match for her? In what ways is Philip the wrong person for her to re-marry? Finally, how will her decision affect Paris?
Essay Topic 2
Family obligation is a heavy burden for many people. Mollie is passionate over Philip, but also feels a commitment to him because of their past and because of her obvious involvement with his family. Discuss how family obligation can sometimes blind us from our true hearts desire and can serve as the ultimate obstacle to happiness because of the weight of responsibility. How does Mollie represent that weight? Use examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
What is the crisis of The Square Root of Wonderful? Describe the moment when the conflict reaches a turning point and the opposing forces in the story meet. This is the time when the conflict becomes the most intense. Use specific scenes from the play and be sure to point out specific characters and dialogue.
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)