Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does John think Mollie must choose to save from a similar fate as Philip?
2. What is Paris's answer to his father's idea to leave together?
3. Upon hearing the news of Mollie's packing, what does Philip want Paris to do?
4. Where does Philip tell Paris he intends to go with him?
5. What will John provide for his new family that Philip was unable to provide?
The way the Lovejoys express their love is different for each character. Sometimes we are unaware that someone is trying to love us because they are going about it in a way we are not accustomed to. Discuss the love relationships between Mollie and Philip, between Sister and Philip, and between Paris and Philip. In what ways was love shown outwardly and in what ways was it hidden and how did this show of love affect the well being of each character?
Family obligation is a heavy burden for many people. Mollie is passionate over Philip, but also feels a commitment to him because of their past and because of her obvious involvement with his family. Discuss how family obligation can sometimes blind us from our true hearts desire and can serve as the ultimate obstacle to happiness because of the weight of responsibility. How does Mollie represent that weight? Use examples from the text.
Discuss the element of foreshadowing in The Square Root of Wonderful? How many times is foreshadowing used and is it a powerful tool for the reader to better understand the characters and plot of the play? Give examples of foreshadowing in your answer.
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)