|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main realiziation that Philip has that pushes him over the edge?
2. What does Mollie feel the new house will do to the relationship she has with John?
3. What was Mollie thinking at the moment of Philip's death that, because of their strong connection, she knows Philip knew about?
4. What is name of the character who first comments on the furnishings in Paris's house?
5. Who does John think Mollie must choose to save from a similar fate as Philip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The way the Lovejoys express their love is different for each character. Sometimes we are unaware that someone is trying to love us because they are going about it in a way we are not accustomed to. Discuss the love relationships between Mollie and Philip, between Sister and Philip, and between Paris and Philip. In what ways was love shown outwardly and in what ways was it hidden and how did this show of love affect the well being of each character?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and Contrast the characters of John Tucker and Philip Lovejoy. Include the ironies of their lives, including where they come from and who they have become. Discuss how their characters pull different, yet equally powerful emotions out of Mollie. Finally, include Mollie as the driving force of their decisions in your essay. Use 3 pieces of textual evidence in your essay.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the element of foreshadowing in The Square Root of Wonderful? How many times is foreshadowing used and is it a powerful tool for the reader to better understand the characters and plot of the play? Give examples of foreshadowing in your answer.
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)