Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does John think Mollie must choose to save from a similar fate as Philip?
2. What is Paris's answer to his father's idea to leave together?
3. Upon hearing the news of Mollie's packing, what does Philip want Paris to do?
4. Where does Philip tell Paris he intends to go with him?
5. What will John provide for his new family that Philip was unable to provide?
Essay Topic 1
What is the symbolism in the play? How is the symbolism brought forth to the reader? Describe how the white covered furniture is a symbol. Discuss how the symbolism housed within the play is a direct element to the unfolding of the play. Use three examples of symbolism and their affect on the characters in your response.
Essay Topic 2
What are the implications of the falling action and resolution (or denouement ) of the play? How has the character of Mollie changed? How has the Lovejoy family accepted changed into their life? In what ways was the resolution inevitable?
Essay Topic 3
What is the crisis of The Square Root of Wonderful? Describe the moment when the conflict reaches a turning point and the opposing forces in the story meet. This is the time when the conflict becomes the most intense. Use specific scenes from the play and be sure to point out specific characters and dialogue.
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)