|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the covered furniture symbolize?
(a) The future
(b) The need to move on
(c) Philip's death
(d) The ghosts of the past
2. How does Mother Lovejoy show that Paris is now the one she will love the most?
(a) By promising him a new life
(b) By promising him a new home
(c) By promising him a new father
(d) By promising him an inheritance
3. How does Philip act when he discusses his course of action to leave with Paris?
4. What is John's profession of an architect a metaphor of?
(a) Building a new way of thinking
(b) Stiking out on his own
(c) Rebuilding Mollie and Paris's lives
(d) Housing a family
5. What does Mother Lovejoy have tremendous distaste for in terms of the expression of emotions?
(a) Romantic advances
(b) Personal affection
(c) Casual embraces
(d) Confessions in confidence
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Mollie awake when Philip leaves?
2. What does Paris accuse his father of being to come up with such an idea of leaving?
3. What literary device is John's story of his struggle to save the drowning sailor best described as?
4. What does Mollie feel the new house will do to the relationship she has with John?
5. What are Mother Lovejoy and Sister preparing to do while Mollie is in seclusion?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)