|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mollie think Philip died?
(a) Because of his lack of writing success
(b) Because of his mental health
(c) Because he was an unhappy man
(d) Because Mollie loved John
2. Where is Mollie as Philip is talking to Paris about leaving together?
(a) She is preparing breakfast
(b) She is outside with John
(c) She is talking with Mother Lovejoy
(d) She is sleeping
3. How does Mollie react to Paris's "square root of wonderful?"
(a) She hugs Paris and John
(b) She is happy
(c) She does not understand
(d) She laughs
4. How is Philip incapable of thinking?
(a) He is incapable of thinking about the safety of his child
(b) He is incapable of thinking rationaly
(c) He is incapable of thinking positively
(d) He is incapable of thinking of anyone besides himself
5. What characteristic does Paris give in explanation to Hattie regarding the talk of possible suicide?
(a) His father was cared to much for his family for suicide
(b) His father was too brave for suicide
(c) His father was too happy for suicide
(d) His father was too in control for suicide
Short Answer Questions
1. What is name of the character who first comments on the furnishings in Paris's house?
2. In what kind of state is Philip when he recalls his boyhood?
3. How does Mollie react when she learns what her ex-husband had intended to do just hours before his death?
4. What does Paris confess and confirm that Philip wanted to do with Paris the morning he left?
5. Why is Mollie the square root of wonderful?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)