|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philip's desire to get Paris to leave with him stem from?
(a) Fear of being alone
(b) Pure evil
(c) Fear of going on without Mollie
(d) His ultimate desire to live
2. How does Mollie react to Paris's "square root of wonderful?"
(a) She laughs
(b) She hugs Paris and John
(c) She is happy
(d) She does not understand
3. What literary device is John's story of his struggle to save the drowning sailor best described as?
(a) An anecdote
(b) A simile
(c) A metaphor
(d) An analogy
4. Why is Mollie the square root of wonderful?
(a) Because she is the source of growing love
(b) Because she is the source of pride
(c) Because she is the source of passion
(d) Because she is the source of family
5. What color is Philips face?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philip say to Paris regarding his feelings towards his relationship with Mollie?
2. How does Philip act when he discusses his course of action to leave with Paris?
3. What does Mother Lovejoy have tremendous distaste for in terms of the expression of emotions?
4. What does Paris confess and confirm that Philip wanted to do with Paris the morning he left?
5. What has Philip done to convince Mollie that he loves her?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)