|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Mollie as Philip is talking to Paris about leaving together?
(a) She is talking with Mother Lovejoy
(b) She is outside with John
(c) She is sleeping
(d) She is preparing breakfast
2. Where are Paris and his mother moving to?
(a) New York City
(b) Brooklyn Heights
(c) Bronx Village
(d) Brookyn Yard
3. How does Paris respond to his father's idea of leaving?
(a) Paris strongly hesitates
(b) Paris is indifferent
(c) Paris agrees to go
(d) Paris becomes angry
4. When Philip was younger, how long did he think love and joy would last?
(a) As long as he wanted it to
(c) He didn't know
(d) Until manhood
5. What has Mother Lovejoy chosen to use as a form of transportation as opposed to a taxi to get to the train station?
(a) A heliocopter
(b) A limousine
(c) A plane
(d) A small bus
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mother Lovejoy show that Paris is now the one she will love the most?
2. What is name of the character who first comments on the furnishings in Paris's house?
3. Why is Mollie the square root of wonderful?
4. How does Paris describe the act of suicide?
5. What is the best phrase to describe Philip's perception of his world during this dark time?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)