|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Philip now see love and nature to be?
(a) Fleeting happiness
(b) Pure joy
(c) A struggle
2. What is literary device is employed in Paris's statement that his father does not look well?
(a) It is irony
(b) It is a foreshadowing
(c) It is personification
(d) It is imagery
3. How does Mollie describe the memory of Philip?
4. What is Paris's answer to his father's idea to leave together?
(a) Paris is excited to leave the farm
(b) Paris wants to tell his mother he is leaving
(c) Paris refuses to leave
(d) Paris leaves willingly
5. What is the core reason or feeling why Paris does not go with his father?
(a) True fear
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does John think Mollie must choose to save from a similar fate as Philip?
2. Who is the only one that can reach Philip?
3. What does Paris confess and confirm that Philip wanted to do with Paris the morning he left?
4. Why does Philip need Paris to accompany him?
5. What characteristic does Paris give in explanation to Hattie regarding the talk of possible suicide?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)