|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Paris's answer to his father's idea to leave together?
(a) Paris is excited to leave the farm
(b) Paris leaves willingly
(c) Paris refuses to leave
(d) Paris wants to tell his mother he is leaving
2. How does Mollie react when she learns what her ex-husband had intended to do just hours before his death?
(a) She is angered
(b) She is horror-stricken
(c) She is confused
(d) She is in shock
3. How does Paris respond to his father's idea of leaving?
(a) Paris is indifferent
(b) Paris agrees to go
(c) Paris becomes angry
(d) Paris strongly hesitates
4. Is Mollie awake when Philip leaves?
(a) She is just waking
(c) She was awake, then falls back to sleep
5. What does John believe is the basis for his calculations of all human conditions?
(a) Genius or paralysis
(b) Love or danger
(c) Safety or danger
(d) Sin or love
Short Answer Questions
1. Who informs Philip that Mollie is prepared to leave?
2. What will the family remember most about Philip?
3. What kind of surroundings does Philip prefer now as opposed to his boyhood?
4. How does Mother Lovejoy show that Paris is now the one she will love the most?
5. What is Philip ultimately seeking as he is making his escape and intending to end his life?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)