|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what kind of state is Philip when he recalls his boyhood?
2. What does Paris think that all the talk of the new house sounds like?
(a) The square root of terrific
(b) The square root of grief
(c) The square root of wonderful
(d) The square root of sin
3. Why is Mollie the square root of wonderful?
(a) Because she is the source of growing love
(b) Because she is the source of family
(c) Because she is the source of pride
(d) Because she is the source of passion
4. What is Paris's answer to his father's idea to leave together?
(a) Paris is excited to leave the farm
(b) Paris leaves willingly
(c) Paris wants to tell his mother he is leaving
(d) Paris refuses to leave
5. What has Mollie done in the middle of the night?
(a) Mollie has packed her things
(b) Mollie has left Philip
(c) Mollie has escaped with John
(d) Mollie has left alone
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic does Paris give in explanation to Hattie regarding the talk of possible suicide?
2. What does John talk about that brightens the mood of both Mollie and Paris?
3. Who does John think Mollie must choose to save from a similar fate as Philip?
4. What essentially trigger's Paris to decline his father's offer to leave together?
5. What is the best word to describe the scene between father and son when it becomes clear that Philip intends to kill himself?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)