|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Philip's rationale for escaping with Paris?
(a) He must prove his is not mad
(b) Nothing else has worked to gain Mollie's love back
(c) Philip needs to find work
(d) They need to start over
2. How does Paris describe the act of suicide?
(a) It is an act of defeat
(b) It is inevitable for some people
(c) It is an act of courage
(d) It is a weak act
3. Where is Philip by the time Mollie rises?
(a) He is in the kitchen
(b) He is waiting in the car
(c) He has left
(d) He has gone to the barn
4. What does John talk about that brightens the mood of both Mollie and Paris?
(a) Their new house and life together
(b) The love and support of Sister
(c) The fate of the farm
(d) The memory of Philip
5. What is name of the character who first comments on the furnishings in Paris's house?
(b) Mother Lovejoy
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mollie think Philip died?
2. What does the covered furniture symbolize?
3. Why does Philip need Paris to accompany him?
4. Upon hearing the news of Mollie's packing, what does Philip want Paris to do?
5. Who is the only one that can reach Philip?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)