|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is literary device is employed in Paris's statement that his father does not look well?
(a) It is irony
(b) It is a foreshadowing
(c) It is imagery
(d) It is personification
2. Who is the only one that can reach Philip?
(c) No one can reach him
(d) Mother Lovejoy
3. What is the best word to describe the scene between father and son when it becomes clear that Philip intends to kill himself?
4. What does Paris confess and confirm that Philip wanted to do with Paris the morning he left?
(a) Take Mollie with him
(b) Take Paris with him
(c) Plot against John
(d) Leave alone
5. What does Philip's desire to get Paris to leave with him stem from?
(a) Fear of going on without Mollie
(b) Fear of being alone
(c) His ultimate desire to live
(d) Pure evil
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paris go to do after his father discusses love and nature with him?
2. How does Mollie react when she learns what her ex-husband had intended to do just hours before his death?
3. Why does Philip need Paris to accompany him?
4. What does Philip recall in response to Paris's outdoor plans for the day?
5. Where is Mollie as Philip is talking to Paris about leaving together?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)