|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is slowly happening to Philip's family as he continues to display anger and engage in violent outbursts?
(a) They are becoming weary
(b) They are becoming fitful
(c) They are becoming strong
(d) They are becoming more forgiving
2. What does John's profession symbolize to Mollie?
(a) Strength of character
(b) The height of certain dreams
(c) The rebuilding of a new life
(d) Safety and security
3. How is Mollie mentally affected by Philip's emotional outbursts?
(a) She is paralyzed in fear
(b) She becomes indifferent to emotions
(c) She slides into a depression
(d) She becomes passive aggressive
4. Who does Philip primarily blame for his emotional angst?
(c) His mother
5. What does Philip apologize to Paris about regarding his time away?
(a) Leaving Paris with his mother
(b) Leaving so much of the farm work to Paris
(c) For going away altogether
(d) Not coming back earlier
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character tries to calm Philip down when he is upset with Mollie for wanting to leave him?
2. Where is Philip watching Mollie from on the night of his arrival?
3. At the dinner table, what does Philip dissuade John from doing?
4. What happened as a result of Mollie and Philip's first romantic encounter?
5. What is John trying to find out about Mollie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Mother Lovejoy and Sister subtlety attempt to sway Mollie into doing?
2. What is the first thing Philip wants Paris to do when he wakes up?
3. What time does Philip wake?
4. Describe the background of Philip Lovejoy.
5. Why does Philip want Paris to get dressed?
6. Where does the play take place?
7. What becomes clear to be the main reason Philip wants to take Paris with him?
8. Where does Philip tell Paris they will go?
9. What is Mollie horror-stricken about?
10. What are the blueprints that Paris carries from the barn into the house going to be used for?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)