|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened as a result of Mollie and Philip's first romantic encounter?
(a) Philip proposed
(b) They got married
(c) They stopped dating
(d) Mollie got pregnant
2. What does Mollie commend Philip on when she first sees him after his stay in the sanatorium?
(a) His manners
(b) His looks
(c) His progress
(d) His kindness
3. Where does the play open?
(a) In the family room of the farmhouse
(b) In the living room of the farmhouse
(c) In the kitchen of the farmhouse
(d) In the bedroom of the farmhouse
4. Where did Mollie meet her new love?
(a) At a local bar
(b) Through mutual friends
(c) On the side of the road
(d) At church
5. Why does Mollie hold her new lover at bay with her affections?
(a) Because falling in love is really only lust in disguise to Molly
(b) Because falling in love is not casual to Mollie
(c) Because falling in love is too scary for Molly
(d) Because falling in love is too painful for Mollie
Short Answer Questions
1. What bores Philip as he is talking with Mollie after his stay in the sanatorium?
2. What does Philip believe his artistic brilliance to be?
3. What does John's profession symbolize to Mollie?
4. What does Sister strictly advise Mollie not to do in terms of her relationship with John Tucker?
5. How does Mollie react to the sudden and unexpected presence of Philip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mother Lovejoy offer to Paris now that his father has passed?
2. What are Hattie's comments regarding the white coverings over the furnishings?
3. What does Paris's friend Hattie think of Philip?
4. What time does Philip wake?
5. Describe the realization that has put Philip over the edge?
6. What reason does Paris give his father as to why he cannot go with him?
7. What happens when John re-enters the home after Mother Lovejoy and Sister have returned to bed?
8. Describe the conversation that takes place between father and son when Philip returns home?
9. What happens as a result of Philip returning, startling Mollie, and speaking of their relationship?
10. Who is Sister and what does she do?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)