|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mollie commend Philip on when she first sees him after his stay in the sanatorium?
(a) His looks
(b) His manners
(c) His progress
(d) His kindness
2. According to John, what is someone hurting your feelings the square root of?
3. What quality does Mollie possess that Sister does not and is the reason why Sister remains single?
4. What does Paris carry in his arms when he returns from the barn?
(a) The town newspaper
(b) Logs for the fire
(c) Blueprints of a John's house
(d) A stack of hay
5. What is John trying to find out about Mollie?
(a) If she is still in love with Philip
(b) If she is capable of loving him
(c) If she woud be a dedicated wife
(d) If she is interested in money
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Philip turn to automatically when his psyche is challenged and he needs reprieve?
2. What quality does John have that Philip does not that keeps John on a steady path?
3. What is John's profession?
4. Why has Mollie been awake instead of sleeping when the play opens?
5. What did Mollie and Philip do the day they met?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the nightmare that Paris has in the beginning of the play?
2. Where does Philip tell Paris they will go?
3. How does Philip describe his time at the sanatorium?
4. What happened while Philip was away that affected Paris's emotions and needs?
5. What are Mollie and Paris planning to do now that Philip is dead?
6. How does Paris react to Hattie's mention of the word "suicide" in the same sentence as his father's name?
7. What does Mollie now know for sure about John and their love that the people in her life helped her understand?
8. Describe the background of Philip Lovejoy.
9. What time does Philip wake?
10. What does Philip recall about his boyhood?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)