|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John ask Mollie when he meets up with her in the house?
(a) John asks Mollie for coffee
(b) John asks Mollie to marry him
(c) John asks Mollie to help him build his house
(d) John asks Mollie to wait for him
2. What does Philip employ as a winning strategy when he tells Mollie that he will die if she leaves him?
(a) A moral obligation
(b) A guilt mechanism
(c) A bribery mechanism
(d) An ultimatum
3. What does Sister strictly advise Mollie not to do in terms of her relationship with John Tucker?
(a) Ask him to leave
(b) Marry him
(c) Hurt him
(d) Have children with him
4. What quality does Mollie possess that Sister does not and is the reason why Sister remains single?
5. What does Paris dream of at the beginning of the play?
(a) His father reading to him
(b) His father teaching him skills
(c) His father being a burglar
(d) His father joining the army
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paris confide in John that he has not confided in his father?
2. Who is Mollie comforting at the beginning of the play?
3. What does Mollie tell Philip she intends to do that will affect her relationship with him?
4. What does Philip's mother do after Philip lashes out in anger towards her because of the state of his life?
5. Who has Mollie recently fallen in love with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Philip looks when he is talking to Paris about leaving?
2. How does Philip describe his time at the sanatorium?
3. Who is Sister and what does she do?
4. What has happened to Philip and his career as a writer?
5. Where did Mollie find John?
6. What does Philip apologize to Paris about during their talk?
7. Where does Philip tell Paris they will go?
8. What time does Philip wake?
9. What does Mother Lovejoy want Mollie to do and how does she want Mollie to act regarding her relationship with Philip?
10. How does Hattie react to seeing Philip back home for the first time?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)