|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is John trying to find out about Mollie?
(a) If she woud be a dedicated wife
(b) If she is interested in money
(c) If she is capable of loving him
(d) If she is still in love with Philip
2. Where are Mother Lovejoy and Sister staying in anticipation of Philip's homecoming?
(a) Sister's house
(b) Mother Lovejoy's house
(c) Mollie's house
(d) John Tucker's house
3. Why has Mollie been awake instead of sleeping when the play opens?
(a) She was preparing a stew
(b) She has been discussing plans with her new tenant John
(c) She was arguing with her ex-husband
(d) She was consoling Sister
4. What does John consider a betrayal?
(a) Philip's actions towards Paris
(b) Mollie and Philip's intimacy
(c) Philip's attempts to disuade him
(d) Mollie's indecision
5. Which character tries to calm Philip down when he is upset with Mollie for wanting to leave him?
(a) Mother Lovejoy
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Paris feel while his father was away?
2. What does Philip suffer from that has led him to suicide attempts in the past?
3. According to John, what is someone hurting your feelings the square root of?
4. Which character does Philip have questions about the moment he arrives home?
5. How does Mollie react to the sudden and unexpected presence of Philip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the realization that has put Philip over the edge?
2. What are the blueprints that Paris carries from the barn into the house going to be used for?
3. What is Paris's reaction to the fact that his mother picked up a stranger off the side of the road and that John has fallen for her?
4. Why are men attracted to Mollie and not attracted to Sister?
5. What reason does Paris give his father as to why he cannot go with him?
6. What does Philip recall about his boyhood?
7. What happens as a result of Philip's outburst of violence?
8. What happens when Mollie announces to Philip that she plans to leave with John?
9. What are Hattie's comments regarding the white coverings over the furnishings?
10. How does Philip talk and feel about love and nature now?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)