|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mollie always take Philip back, despite his violent tendencies?
(a) His solid Christianity
(b) His fidelity
(c) He is good natured
(d) He is charming
2. What does Paris dream of at the beginning of the play?
(a) His father joining the army
(b) His father teaching him skills
(c) His father reading to him
(d) His father being a burglar
3. What type of writing has Philip published?
(a) A magazine article
(b) A book
(c) A short story
(d) A newpaper article
4. What does Philip want to accomplish now that he has been released from the sanatorium?
(a) Take a job in town
(b) Become an actor
(c) Become a doctor
(d) Write another novel
5. What is slowly happening to Philip's family as he continues to display anger and engage in violent outbursts?
(a) They are becoming fitful
(b) They are becoming strong
(c) They are becoming more forgiving
(d) They are becoming weary
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Philip believe his artistic brilliance to be?
2. Who does Philip question about why no one has ever tried to stop his destructive behavior?
3. What are the rumors in town regarding Philip?
4. What is the name of the new man in Mollie's life?
5. Why do most of Philip's family members tend to forgive him, even though he is a violent and volatile man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the realization that has put Philip over the edge?
2. How has Mollie taken the news of Philip's death?
3. How does Mollie react to Sister's blatant question of whether or not she loves Philip and if she plans to marry him for the third time?
4. What does Paris confide in John about?
5. How does Philip describe his time at the sanatorium?
6. Describe the background of Philip Lovejoy.
7. What does Mother Lovejoy offer to Paris now that his father has passed?
8. Where did Mollie find John?
9. How does Philip talk and feel about love and nature now?
10. How has Mother Lovejoy attempted to help Mollie get to the train station?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)