|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the dinner table, what does Philip dissuade John from doing?
(a) Building his house
(b) Trying to make friends with him
(c) Making advances towards Mollie
(d) Staying on the property as a tenant
2. Who is Mollie comforting at the beginning of the play?
3. What is the main way the character of Sister is different from the character of Philip?
(a) She is gentle
(b) She is quiet
(c) She is abusive
(d) She is smart
4. What does John consider a betrayal?
(a) Philip's attempts to disuade him
(b) Mollie and Philip's intimacy
(c) Philip's actions towards Paris
(d) Mollie's indecision
5. What is John's profession?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John think Philip has done to Mollie to keep her in love with him?
2. Where is Philip watching Mollie from on the night of his arrival?
3. What does Philip want to accomplish now that he has been released from the sanatorium?
4. How is Mollie mentally affected by Philip's emotional outbursts?
5. What do Mother Lovejoy and Sister continue to do to Mollie now that Philip is back?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mother Lovejoy offer to Paris now that his father has passed?
2. What happens as a result of Philip's outburst of violence?
3. What happens when Philip tries to seek answers as to why he is cursed with such madness?
4. What information does John give Mollie that makes her brighten?
5. Where did Mollie find John?
6. How is John is the voice of reason for Mollie?
7. How has Mother Lovejoy attempted to help Mollie get to the train station?
8. How does Mollie react to Sister's blatant question of whether or not she loves Philip and if she plans to marry him for the third time?
9. What are the blueprints that Paris carries from the barn into the house going to be used for?
10. Where does Philip tell Paris they will go?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)