|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Philip grabs Mollie in a fit of anger?
(a) Mollie screams
(b) Mollie falls down
(c) John enters the scene
(d) He tears her dress
2. What does Mollie commend Philip on when she first sees him after his stay in the sanatorium?
(a) His kindness
(b) His looks
(c) His manners
(d) His progress
3. What does Mollie tell Philip she intends to do that will affect her relationship with him?
(a) Marry Philip
(b) Leave with Philip
(c) Leave with John
(d) Marry John
4. What does Philip apologize to Paris about regarding his time away?
(a) Leaving so much of the farm work to Paris
(b) Leaving Paris with his mother
(c) For going away altogether
(d) Not coming back earlier
5. What does Philip eventually conclude about himself regarding his failures?
(a) That he has no talent
(b) That he is unworthy
(c) That he is to blame
(d) That he is a killjoy
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John describe the act of someone hurting your feelings to Paris?
2. What kind of family did Philip originally come from?
3. Which character does Philip have questions about the moment he arrives home?
4. How does Molly respond to John's desire to commit to her?
5. What bores Philip as he is talking with Mollie after his stay in the sanatorium?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the point of tension about when Philip and John meet for the first time over dinner?
2. What time does Philip wake?
3. What happens as a result of Philip's outburst of violence?
4. What is the primary reason why Philip wants to take Paris with him?
5. Who is John Tucker?
6. What are Hattie's comments regarding the white coverings over the furnishings?
7. How does Mollie react to John's question?
8. What does Philip recall about his boyhood?
9. What are the blueprints that Paris carries from the barn into the house going to be used for?
10. Where does the play take place?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)