Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John's profession symbolize to Mollie?
(a) The height of certain dreams
(b) Strength of character
(c) Safety and security
(d) The rebuilding of a new life
2. What does John think Philip has done to Mollie to keep her in love with him?
(a) Scared her
(b) Threatened her with violence
(c) Cast a spell on her
(d) Paid her
3. Who has Mollie recently fallen in love with?
4. How long has Mollie known her new love?
(a) Six months
(b) Ten days
(c) One week
(d) One year
5. What does Philip employ as a winning strategy when he tells Mollie that he will die if she leaves him?
(a) A guilt mechanism
(b) A moral obligation
(c) A bribery mechanism
(d) An ultimatum
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of relationship does Philip have with the writing profession?
2. What does the character of Mollie rely on most when she makes a decision?
3. According to John, what is humiliation the same as?
4. Who does Philip turn to automatically when his psyche is challenged and he needs reprieve?
5. Who does Philip question about why no one has ever tried to stop his destructive behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the point of tension about when Philip and John meet for the first time over dinner?
2. What does John consider to be a betrayal?
3. What happened while Philip was away that affected Paris's emotions and needs?
4. How does Mollie react to John's question?
5. What are Hattie's comments regarding the white coverings over the furnishings?
6. Why does Philip want Paris to get dressed?
7. What information does John give Mollie that makes her brighten?
8. How does Paris react to Hattie's questions and curiosity about Philip Lovejoy's suicide?
9. Who is John Tucker?
10. What time does Philip wake?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)