|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon hearing the news of Mollie's packing, what does Philip want Paris to do?
(a) Get dressed and stay with Sister
(b) Get dressed and come with him
(c) Find Mother Lovejoy
(d) Get dressed and stay inside
2. Which character is the most capable of showing personal affection as seen especially in Act 3?
(a) Mother Lovejoy
3. How is Philip incapable of thinking?
(a) He is incapable of thinking about the safety of his child
(b) He is incapable of thinking rationaly
(c) He is incapable of thinking positively
(d) He is incapable of thinking of anyone besides himself
4. What does Philip consider the power of love to be?
5. What is the story that John tells when relating to Paris's story regarding his father?
(a) A sailor who killed himself
(b) A sailor who was sad
(c) A sailor that drowned himself
(d) A sailor who kept pulling down John with him
6. What does Mother Lovejoy offer both Mollie and Paris should they ever need it?
(a) An education
(b) A home
(d) A car
7. How does Philip act when he discusses his course of action to leave with Paris?
8. What does the state of the furniture in Paris's house make it look like the family is in the throws of?
9. What does Mollie feel the new house will do to the relationship she has with John?
(a) Test their strength
(b) Help raise Paris
(c) Provide an easier life
(d) Bring them closer together
10. What color is Philips face?
11. Who serves as the main voice of reason for Mollie during her grief?
(d) Mother Lovejoy
12. What will the family remember most about Philip?
(a) His anger and his volatility
(b) His genuis and his angst
(c) His care and his confusion
(d) His love and compassion
13. What is name of the character who first comments on the furnishings in Paris's house?
(b) Mother Lovejoy
14. What literary device is John's story of his struggle to save the drowning sailor best described as?
(a) An anecdote
(b) A simile
(c) A metaphor
(d) An analogy
15. When does Philip wake after his last tirade?
(a) Just before dawn
(b) At dawn
(d) Late in the morning
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paris go to do after his father discusses love and nature with him?
2. What is Philip's emotional state during the third act?
3. Why is Mollie in seclusion in her room?
4. With Mollie's bags packed, what does Mollie intend to do?
5. What is the best phrase to describe Philip's perception of his world during this dark time?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)