|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject does John have a penchant for?
2. What does Paris accuse his father of being to come up with such an idea of leaving?
3. What does Philip say to Paris regarding his feelings towards his relationship with Mollie?
(a) He cannot live without her
(b) He knows Mollie is too scared to leave him
(c) He wants to marry her
(d) He wants the family to grow
4. What does Paris confess and confirm that Philip wanted to do with Paris the morning he left?
(a) Take Paris with him
(b) Take Mollie with him
(c) Plot against John
(d) Leave alone
5. Where is Philip by the time Mollie rises?
(a) He has left
(b) He is in the kitchen
(c) He is waiting in the car
(d) He has gone to the barn
6. Who informs Philip that Mollie is prepared to leave?
(b) Mother Lovejoy
7. Which character is the most capable of showing personal affection as seen especially in Act 3?
(d) Mother Lovejoy
8. What does Mollie feel the new house will do to the relationship she has with John?
(a) Bring them closer together
(b) Test their strength
(c) Provide an easier life
(d) Help raise Paris
9. How does Philip act when he discusses his course of action to leave with Paris?
10. Who does Mollie blame for Philip's death?
11. What happens to Mollie's attitude after she hears John's story about the sailor?
(a) She gets more depressed
(b) She laughs
(c) She remains paralyzed
(d) She begins to understand
12. How does Paris describe the act of suicide?
(a) It is inevitable for some people
(b) It is a weak act
(c) It is an act of defeat
(d) It is an act of courage
13. What does Paris think that all the talk of the new house sounds like?
(a) The square root of terrific
(b) The square root of wonderful
(c) The square root of sin
(d) The square root of grief
14. What was Mollie thinking at the moment of Philip's death that, because of their strong connection, she knows Philip knew about?
(c) The choice of her future husband
(d) Her love for Philip
15. What is the main realiziation that Philip has that pushes him over the edge?
(a) Mollie intends to leave him
(b) John is not going away
(c) His writing career is doomed
(d) His mother no longer supports him
Short Answer Questions
1. What essentially trigger's Paris to decline his father's offer to leave together?
2. Is Mollie awake when Philip leaves?
3. What does Paris go to do after his father discusses love and nature with him?
4. What is Philip's rationale for escaping with Paris?
5. Why does Mollie think Philip died?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)