Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does John think Mollie must choose to save from a similar fate as Philip?
(c) Mother Lovejoy
2. What is Paris's answer to his father's idea to leave together?
(a) Paris leaves willingly
(b) Paris is excited to leave the farm
(c) Paris wants to tell his mother he is leaving
(d) Paris refuses to leave
3. Upon hearing the news of Mollie's packing, what does Philip want Paris to do?
(a) Get dressed and stay inside
(b) Get dressed and stay with Sister
(c) Find Mother Lovejoy
(d) Get dressed and come with him
4. Where does Philip tell Paris he intends to go with him?
(a) Somewhere neither of them has been
(b) To the city
(c) Out of the country
(d) Up north
5. What will John provide for his new family that Philip was unable to provide?
(a) A loving father relationship
(b) A strong foundation
(c) A strict disciplinarian
(d) A friendship
6. What happens to Mollie's attitude after she hears John's story about the sailor?
(a) She laughs
(b) She gets more depressed
(c) She begins to understand
(d) She remains paralyzed
7. What is the best phrase to describe Philip's perception of his world during this dark time?
(a) No one cares for him
(b) Everthing is hopeless
(c) Everything can turn around
(d) Everything is a struggle
8. What does Mother Lovejoy offer both Mollie and Paris should they ever need it?
(a) A car
(b) An education
(c) A home
9. What was Mollie thinking at the moment of Philip's death that, because of their strong connection, she knows Philip knew about?
(a) Her love for Philip
(b) The choice of her future husband
10. How does Mollie react when she learns what her ex-husband had intended to do just hours before his death?
(a) She is confused
(b) She is horror-stricken
(c) She is in shock
(d) She is angered
11. What is name of the character who first comments on the furnishings in Paris's house?
(c) Mother Lovejoy
12. When does Philip wake after his last tirade?
(b) At dawn
(c) Just before dawn
(d) Late in the morning
13. What does Paris think that all the talk of the new house sounds like?
(a) The square root of sin
(b) The square root of wonderful
(c) The square root of terrific
(d) The square root of grief
14. How does Paris feel about his father's irrational behavior?
15. What does Paris confess and confirm that Philip wanted to do with Paris the morning he left?
(a) Plot against John
(b) Take Paris with him
(c) Leave alone
(d) Take Mollie with him
Short Answer Questions
1. What is covering the furnishings in Paris's house after his father's death?
2. What does the color of Philip's face represent?
3. Which character tries most to console Mollie in her most desperate, grieving time?
4. What does Mother Lovejoy have tremendous distaste for in terms of the expression of emotions?
5. Is Mollie awake when Philip leaves?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)